Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How I spent last summer, what happened?


Hyperionxvii
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

First of all, I am not writing this making any type of claim of any phenomenon that is not completely explainable by science. Also, not trying to bore you with medical details, but it's all sort of part of this.

OK, so how I spent last summer. Well, 5 days of last summer.

Last year, in the month of June, 2021, it was just an ordinary day like all the rest. My wife had taken a 2 week trip out of the country to attend to a family matter. So, I was here by myself, doing typical alone by myself things, working, talking some walks, surfing the net, playing some computer games, preparing food for myself. Some of this is a little vague or the memory a little cloudy, while some is crystal clear. I will explain why. 

One morning, about a week into my home alone time, I felt sort of ... weird, for what seemed no apparent reason. I kept forgetting things, I mean more than usual, where I would walk into a another room and I would do the 'Why did I come in here', but I could not remember. This proceeded to get worse all day while I felt sort of odd and a little agitated. So that night, I took a sleep aid, you know the otc ones, like probably benedryl and ibuprofen. The next morning, I woke up, very early, like 6 am and that is not typical for me because I do not start work until 9am, and maybe get up at 8:30 and grab some coffee before going to my desk.

I continued to have this odd feeling of forgetfulness and agitation, but now I was just extremely thirsty, so I'm gulping down water and still thirsty. This continued for a couple of hours until it got to the point I could not focus on anything and was just pacing the floor trying to figure out what I should do. So finally, I thought, what is wrong with me? Is this a medical emergency, am I having a stroke or something? I decided to drive to the hospital and get checked out. Only I could not find the entrance to the emergency room and I've been there before and have driven right by there many times. So after about an hour of this, I drove back home. At this point, it was so much worse that I decied to call an ambulance. I texted my wife and said something is wrong, I'm going to get it checked out. And then I thought, wow, if they keep me, there is no one here to bring me a change of clothes or anything. So I decide pack a little back pack and I swear that must have took me an hour I was so confused, and thirsty! 

So the ambulance arrived and they came to the door and said 'can you walk?', and I said sure, I just feel weird, like really confused and agitated and I am sooo freaking thirsty!

So I arrive to the emergency room and that is when stuff started to get really messed up. I just kept telling the nurse, I am so thirsty! I think I am having a stroke or something! So they took me straight to a room and hooked me up with IV and started to run checks to see what is up with this raving lunatic who came in here. By that time I was in a like full on panic attack and they gave me IV stuff, like *** Spam filter *** or somethign to calm me down and the drip because they already see that my electrolytes are all depleted, sodium, potassium, etc. After a little while they took me down and ran more tests. At that point, my condition was extreme hyponatremia. So what that is, is very low sodium. Let me tell you, you do not want that, it's horrible. And then you also start getting painful muscle cramps. 

So then, I reported my other symptoms which I did not talk about here yet, or to them, because it seemed trivial compared to the extreme thirst and confusion. So, as I told them, I have this really weird metallic taste in my mouth and food sounds disgusting, can you get me another cup of ice? So at this point they are looking at each other, not saying much, but talking between themselves and I'm still thinking what the **** is wrong with me? What happened? I was just fine.

Now I'm making phone calls and at this point, I'm pretty out of my gourd, the drugs, what else I don't know? So I tell my wife, I might be dying, they won't tell me what is wrong, so of course she is freaking out. 

So next thing I know, I have 3 doctors back in and they are looking at some images. One says to me, well it's not a stroke, you're all good up there. But, there's this acute kidney injury. I'm like what is that? What caused that? They say, we don't know. Great. 

Now past that point, I went into something like a 3 day long, conscious / unconscoius sort of thing. And duing that whole time, I am not really sure how much of the things really nappened. Some of it was bizarre. Like the part where I am up walking around, going to the bathroom, asking he nurses for more ice. And there are these 2 nurses and they are just staning there, I'm standing there, and we are talking normally and they are saying, you have to get back into bed. And I'm saying no, and then one of them says to me 'we can restrain you', and I remember laughing and then they were gone, and I got back into the bed and drifted off again. At that point, I no longer knew what day it was. Next thing I remember is waking up so hungry, I mean I was like starved and at that point, I seem fairly coherent again, but sleepy.

During this entire affair, my wife had called friends of ours, who live more than 100 miles away and sent them up there. I barely remember talking to them.

So, things sort of went back to normal. They told me that I have severe hyponatremia and that it's very dangerous. And I said to them, what about the kidney injury? They just shrugged. And I said, can that be fixed? One of them says 'It went away'. And I'm like what? How can it just go away? And one of them says, we don't know, it ... just went away. Now that part I am 100% sure I did not imagine. 

So, 5 days in the hospital. I asked them what caused this. We don't know. Oh well. 

Sometimes I just write stuff like this beacuse I think maybe it will cause me to think more about it and maybe some up with some idea, but I still do not have a clue. But I thought when I first went home, and for quite some time after, that I was supposed to die that day, and that it was a miracle. That feeling was overwhelming. And I kept telling my wife, I was dying, but somehow, I was supposed to die, but I was saved somehow. 

So boring story, I know, no ghosts, no occult anything, no NDE, just sort of weird. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Sounds like a purely medical issue. Re. your kidney, doctors/medical technicians don't always interpret things correctly and they certainly don't always have an answer to patient's questions. But very frightening nevertheless :(.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could ask them to be more specific on what they meant by 'kidney injury' and what could cause that. Are we talking about a physical or chemical injury or what?

Maybe you came in contact with something damaging to the kidneys without realizing it? Or something your kidneys had a weird reaction to?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm no doctor, but it sounds almost like dehydration in a way. Don't take my word on that, I could be completely wrong.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm no doctor, but it sounds almost like dehydration in a way. Don't take my word on that, I could be completely wrong.

I agree, but dehydration can occur not only by a lack of water, but a lack of electrolytes and salts to retain the water.

The kidney condition is a lack of electrolytes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes weird things just happen in the body. We had to take my mom to the hospital once for complete unexplained psychosis. Not drinking liquids, thinking angels were talking to her and such. Lasted for about 2-3 days. No test results found anything wrong.

And then she was fine. Never happened again. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 7:35 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

First of all, I am not writing this making any type of claim of any phenomenon that is not completely explainable by science. Also, not trying to bore you with medical details, but it's all sort of part of this.

OK, so how I spent last summer. Well, 5 days of last summer.

Last year, in the month of June, 2021, it was just an ordinary day like all the rest. My wife had taken a 2 week trip out of the country to attend to a family matter. So, I was here by myself, doing typical alone by myself things, working, talking some walks, surfing the net, playing some computer games, preparing food for myself. Some of this is a little vague or the memory a little cloudy, while some is crystal clear. I will explain why. 

One morning, about a week into my home alone time, I felt sort of ... weird, for what seemed no apparent reason. I kept forgetting things, I mean more than usual, where I would walk into a another room and I would do the 'Why did I come in here', but I could not remember. This proceeded to get worse all day while I felt sort of odd and a little agitated. So that night, I took a sleep aid, you know the otc ones, like probably benedryl and ibuprofen. The next morning, I woke up, very early, like 6 am and that is not typical for me because I do not start work until 9am, and maybe get up at 8:30 and grab some coffee before going to my desk.

I continued to have this odd feeling of forgetfulness and agitation, but now I was just extremely thirsty, so I'm gulping down water and still thirsty. This continued for a couple of hours until it got to the point I could not focus on anything and was just pacing the floor trying to figure out what I should do. So finally, I thought, what is wrong with me? Is this a medical emergency, am I having a stroke or something? I decided to drive to the hospital and get checked out. Only I could not find the entrance to the emergency room and I've been there before and have driven right by there many times. So after about an hour of this, I drove back home. At this point, it was so much worse that I decied to call an ambulance. I texted my wife and said something is wrong, I'm going to get it checked out. And then I thought, wow, if they keep me, there is no one here to bring me a change of clothes or anything. So I decide pack a little back pack and I swear that must have took me an hour I was so confused, and thirsty! 

So the ambulance arrived and they came to the door and said 'can you walk?', and I said sure, I just feel weird, like really confused and agitated and I am sooo freaking thirsty!

So I arrive to the emergency room and that is when stuff started to get really messed up. I just kept telling the nurse, I am so thirsty! I think I am having a stroke or something! So they took me straight to a room and hooked me up with IV and started to run checks to see what is up with this raving lunatic who came in here. By that time I was in a like full on panic attack and they gave me IV stuff, like *** Spam filter *** or somethign to calm me down and the drip because they already see that my electrolytes are all depleted, sodium, potassium, etc. After a little while they took me down and ran more tests. At that point, my condition was extreme hyponatremia. So what that is, is very low sodium. Let me tell you, you do not want that, it's horrible. And then you also start getting painful muscle cramps. 

So then, I reported my other symptoms which I did not talk about here yet, or to them, because it seemed trivial compared to the extreme thirst and confusion. So, as I told them, I have this really weird metallic taste in my mouth and food sounds disgusting, can you get me another cup of ice? So at this point they are looking at each other, not saying much, but talking between themselves and I'm still thinking what the **** is wrong with me? What happened? I was just fine.

Now I'm making phone calls and at this point, I'm pretty out of my gourd, the drugs, what else I don't know? So I tell my wife, I might be dying, they won't tell me what is wrong, so of course she is freaking out. 

So next thing I know, I have 3 doctors back in and they are looking at some images. One says to me, well it's not a stroke, you're all good up there. But, there's this acute kidney injury. I'm like what is that? What caused that? They say, we don't know. Great. 

Now past that point, I went into something like a 3 day long, conscious / unconscoius sort of thing. And duing that whole time, I am not really sure how much of the things really nappened. Some of it was bizarre. Like the part where I am up walking around, going to the bathroom, asking he nurses for more ice. And there are these 2 nurses and they are just staning there, I'm standing there, and we are talking normally and they are saying, you have to get back into bed. And I'm saying no, and then one of them says to me 'we can restrain you', and I remember laughing and then they were gone, and I got back into the bed and drifted off again. At that point, I no longer knew what day it was. Next thing I remember is waking up so hungry, I mean I was like starved and at that point, I seem fairly coherent again, but sleepy.

During this entire affair, my wife had called friends of ours, who live more than 100 miles away and sent them up there. I barely remember talking to them.

So, things sort of went back to normal. They told me that I have severe hyponatremia and that it's very dangerous. And I said to them, what about the kidney injury? They just shrugged. And I said, can that be fixed? One of them says 'It went away'. And I'm like what? How can it just go away? And one of them says, we don't know, it ... just went away. Now that part I am 100% sure I did not imagine. 

So, 5 days in the hospital. I asked them what caused this. We don't know. Oh well. 

Sometimes I just write stuff like this beacuse I think maybe it will cause me to think more about it and maybe some up with some idea, but I still do not have a clue. But I thought when I first went home, and for quite some time after, that I was supposed to die that day, and that it was a miracle. That feeling was overwhelming. And I kept telling my wife, I was dying, but somehow, I was supposed to die, but I was saved somehow. 

So boring story, I know, no ghosts, no occult anything, no NDE, just sort of weird. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't think it was a boring story... It was very interesting. I had a NDE myself a couple of years ago and it changed the perspective of my life. It made me face my mortality. Thanks for sharing. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 4:35 PM, Hyperionxvii said:

But I thought when I first went home, and for quite some time after, that I was supposed to die that day, and that it was a miracle.

Wasn't your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 11:35 PM, Hyperionxvii said:

First of all, I am not writing this making any type of claim of any phenomenon that is not completely explainable by science. Also, not trying to bore you with medical details, but it's all sort of part of this.

OK, so how I spent last summer. Well, 5 days of last summer.

Last year, in the month of June, 2021, it was just an ordinary day like all the rest. My wife had taken a 2 week trip out of the country to attend to a family matter. So, I was here by myself, doing typical alone by myself things, working, talking some walks, surfing the net, playing some computer games, preparing food for myself. Some of this is a little vague or the memory a little cloudy, while some is crystal clear. I will explain why. 

One morning, about a week into my home alone time, I felt sort of ... weird, for what seemed no apparent reason. I kept forgetting things, I mean more than usual, where I would walk into a another room and I would do the 'Why did I come in here', but I could not remember. This proceeded to get worse all day while I felt sort of odd and a little agitated. So that night, I took a sleep aid, you know the otc ones, like probably benedryl and ibuprofen. The next morning, I woke up, very early, like 6 am and that is not typical for me because I do not start work until 9am, and maybe get up at 8:30 and grab some coffee before going to my desk.

I continued to have this odd feeling of forgetfulness and agitation, but now I was just extremely thirsty, so I'm gulping down water and still thirsty. This continued for a couple of hours until it got to the point I could not focus on anything and was just pacing the floor trying to figure out what I should do. So finally, I thought, what is wrong with me? Is this a medical emergency, am I having a stroke or something? I decided to drive to the hospital and get checked out. Only I could not find the entrance to the emergency room and I've been there before and have driven right by there many times. So after about an hour of this, I drove back home. At this point, it was so much worse that I decied to call an ambulance. I texted my wife and said something is wrong, I'm going to get it checked out. And then I thought, wow, if they keep me, there is no one here to bring me a change of clothes or anything. So I decide pack a little back pack and I swear that must have took me an hour I was so confused, and thirsty! 

So the ambulance arrived and they came to the door and said 'can you walk?', and I said sure, I just feel weird, like really confused and agitated and I am sooo freaking thirsty!

So I arrive to the emergency room and that is when stuff started to get really messed up. I just kept telling the nurse, I am so thirsty! I think I am having a stroke or something! So they took me straight to a room and hooked me up with IV and started to run checks to see what is up with this raving lunatic who came in here. By that time I was in a like full on panic attack and they gave me IV stuff, like *** Spam filter *** or somethign to calm me down and the drip because they already see that my electrolytes are all depleted, sodium, potassium, etc. After a little while they took me down and ran more tests. At that point, my condition was extreme hyponatremia. So what that is, is very low sodium. Let me tell you, you do not want that, it's horrible. And then you also start getting painful muscle cramps. 

So then, I reported my other symptoms which I did not talk about here yet, or to them, because it seemed trivial compared to the extreme thirst and confusion. So, as I told them, I have this really weird metallic taste in my mouth and food sounds disgusting, can you get me another cup of ice? So at this point they are looking at each other, not saying much, but talking between themselves and I'm still thinking what the **** is wrong with me? What happened? I was just fine.

Now I'm making phone calls and at this point, I'm pretty out of my gourd, the drugs, what else I don't know? So I tell my wife, I might be dying, they won't tell me what is wrong, so of course she is freaking out. 

So next thing I know, I have 3 doctors back in and they are looking at some images. One says to me, well it's not a stroke, you're all good up there. But, there's this acute kidney injury. I'm like what is that? What caused that? They say, we don't know. Great. 

Now past that point, I went into something like a 3 day long, conscious / unconscoius sort of thing. And duing that whole time, I am not really sure how much of the things really nappened. Some of it was bizarre. Like the part where I am up walking around, going to the bathroom, asking he nurses for more ice. And there are these 2 nurses and they are just staning there, I'm standing there, and we are talking normally and they are saying, you have to get back into bed. And I'm saying no, and then one of them says to me 'we can restrain you', and I remember laughing and then they were gone, and I got back into the bed and drifted off again. At that point, I no longer knew what day it was. Next thing I remember is waking up so hungry, I mean I was like starved and at that point, I seem fairly coherent again, but sleepy.

During this entire affair, my wife had called friends of ours, who live more than 100 miles away and sent them up there. I barely remember talking to them.

So, things sort of went back to normal. They told me that I have severe hyponatremia and that it's very dangerous. And I said to them, what about the kidney injury? They just shrugged. And I said, can that be fixed? One of them says 'It went away'. And I'm like what? How can it just go away? And one of them says, we don't know, it ... just went away. Now that part I am 100% sure I did not imagine. 

So, 5 days in the hospital. I asked them what caused this. We don't know. Oh well. 

Sometimes I just write stuff like this beacuse I think maybe it will cause me to think more about it and maybe some up with some idea, but I still do not have a clue. But I thought when I first went home, and for quite some time after, that I was supposed to die that day, and that it was a miracle. That feeling was overwhelming. And I kept telling my wife, I was dying, but somehow, I was supposed to die, but I was saved somehow. 

So boring story, I know, no ghosts, no occult anything, no NDE, just sort of weird.

What a potent tale.

Thank you for sharing!

 

Kidneys regenerate very quickly... as does the Liver, so the kidney think seems reasonable to recover so fast with no residue.  But did the Dr's ever offer any reasoning/potential cause for the extreme desalination of your blood?  This is very curious indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, papageorge1 said:

You could ask them to be more specific on what they meant by 'kidney injury' and what could cause that. Are we talking about a physical or chemical injury or what?

Maybe you came in contact with something damaging to the kidneys without realizing it? Or something your kidneys had a weird reaction to?

I can't be more specific as an entire team of doctors at a hospital cannot explain to me what happened. This is part of the mystery. I've asked them enough times including the release follow up with the hospital and all I can get is 'We don't know what caused this' and 'We don't know'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 6:04 AM, ouija ouija said:

Sounds like a purely medical issue. Re. your kidney, doctors/medical technicians don't always interpret things correctly and they certainly don't always have an answer to patient's questions. But very frightening nevertheless :(.

I agree with you on that. And yes, it was very scary. You ever see one of those Western films where the guy is wondering through a desert and starts seeing mirages? It was sort of like that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, openozy said:

Wasn't your time.

And I was very thankful for that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
8 hours ago, quiXilver said:

What a potent tale.

Thank you for sharing!

 

Kidneys regenerate very quickly... as does the Liver, so the kidney think seems reasonable to recover so fast with no residue.  But did the Dr's ever offer any reasoning/potential cause for the extreme desalination of your blood?  This is very curious indeed.

No, they never offered anything. And I pressed them on it in the release interview and they have nothing. I am almost positive after doing further reseach on my own that I was experiencing kidney failure symtpoms when I checked in there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, quiXilver said:

What a potent tale.

Thank you for sharing!

 

Kidneys regenerate very quickly... as does the Liver, so the kidney think seems reasonable to recover so fast with no residue.  But did the Dr's ever offer any reasoning/potential cause for the extreme desalination of your blood?  This is very curious indeed.

Thanks, quiXilver, I appreciate it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 3:51 PM, XenoFish said:

I'm no doctor, but it sounds almost like dehydration in a way. Don't take my word on that, I could be completely wrong.

Well, it was that, only with almost complete loss of elecrolytes to the point of a serious medical emergency. I mean what they told me is that if not treated it can cause coma and death. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I can't be more specific as an entire team of doctors at a hospital cannot explain to me what happened. This is part of the mystery. I've asked them enough times including the release follow up with the hospital and all I can get is 'We don't know what caused this' and 'We don't know'.

Right, I understand they don't know the cause BUT what was this kidney injury (physical?/chemical?)  that they observed was my question. What made them say 'kidney injury'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Right, I understand they don't know the cause BUT what was this kidney injury (physical?/chemical?)  that they observed was my question. What made them say 'kidney injury'?

That's what I'm saying, they don't know. It was one of the scariest things ever and I have no idea. What made them say it is that it showed up on an image. they showed me pointing right to it. And I was showing signs of kideny failure, metallic taste in mouth, lost appetite, and I didn't pee for like 48 hours and then all of the sudden it was like the flood gates were released. After that, the symptoms went away and I suppose the kidney injury from the image also went away. Strange stuff, I'm real happy about it though. I reserached this for days after I got released and could not find anything about anything like this ever happening. Acute kidney injuries are real and they can result in kidney failure, but apparently can be reversed with some procedures by doctors if they do it in time. The thing is, I didn't notice if they did anything and they in fact told me they didn't do anything. The seemed quite perplexed by the entire thing. 

One thing I will say is that serious hyponatremia is awful, like it's hard to describe how bad, like  you think you are dying or having a stoke or going insane. I keep lots of elecrolyte solution in the house all of the time as I am super paranoid about that now. But I haven't had any more epxerience like that again, thank God. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Hyperionxvii

I think it's an electrolyte thing, and that connects to the functioning of your kidneys.

It could have been caused by a minor kidney stone, one that you later pssd out without knowing.

Did you have any other symptoms? Like headaches, or a stiff neck?

In that case it would be another condition.

Btw., I'm no doc either, but I have had a basic medical training in the past century.

That was a 2 years weekend course in preparation of a 3 years course in acupuncture.

I never completed the acupuncture course - I would have been a certified acupuncturist - because I lost faith in its efficiency.

But I still remember lots of that basic training in regular medicine. I actually preferred it above anything I learned about acupuncture and TCM (traditional chinese medicine) in general.

Edited by Abramelin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 2:11 PM, Abramelin said:

@Hyperionxvii

I think it's an electrolyte thing, and that connects to the functioning of your kidneys.

It could have been caused by a minor kidney stone, one that you later pssd out without knowing.

Did you have any other symptoms? Like headaches, or a stiff neck?

In that case it would be another condition.

Btw., I'm no doc either, but I have had a basic medical training in the past century.

That was a 2 years weekend course in preparation of a 3 years course in acupuncture.

I never completed the acupuncture course - I would have been a certified acupuncturist - because I lost faith in its efficiency.

But I still remember lots of that basic training in regular medicine. I actually preferred it above anything I learned about acupuncture and TCM (traditional chinese medicine) in general.

No, no other problems and I didn't have any of that stuff. The symptoms were extreme thirst, agitation, confusion, and muscle cramps. No doubt the loss of elecrolytes caused it (hyponatremia), but they don't know why. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I had a similar episode about 4 years agoi went into hospital because of heart problems anyway to cut a long story short i ended up having to be bought back twice which resulted being put into a coma for a few days,after being bought out of the coma made good progress and was out of hospital in about 3 weeks.Anyway i came home and all i wanted to do was drink water i was so tired but did sleep for 2 days and still just drinking water,at which point my wife called a doctor who came out and took one look called an ambulance and was rushed back into hospital put on a high dependancy ward and nil by mouth for a few days,which all resulted in taking a course of  potasium tablets and a long hospital stay,and of the original problem with the heart they never did get the clot it is to dangerous and now i am fitted with a s-icd and loads of pills on the bright side im still here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, Matt221 said:

I had a similar episode about 4 years agoi went into hospital because of heart problems anyway to cut a long story short i ended up having to be bought back twice which resulted being put into a coma for a few days,after being bought out of the coma made good progress and was out of hospital in about 3 weeks.Anyway i came home and all i wanted to do was drink water i was so tired but did sleep for 2 days and still just drinking water,at which point my wife called a doctor who came out and took one look called an ambulance and was rushed back into hospital put on a high dependancy ward and nil by mouth for a few days,which all resulted in taking a course of  potasium tablets and a long hospital stay,and of the original problem with the heart they never did get the clot it is to dangerous and now i am fitted with a s-icd and loads of pills on the bright side im still here

Sorry to hear, I hope it all works out.

I started out by just drinking all the water I could drink, which probably made it worse. Nothing else has happened, but I am constantly worrying about my electrolytes because that is some really scary stuff. I take potassium every day now, which most of us should do every day any way since almost everyone is low because they don't eat 10 cups of spinach or a bushel of salad a day, lol. I take the Bulk Supplements Potassium, which allows you to take a meaningful amount towards your massive 4700 mg a day requirement. It tastes horrible, but I was able to get around that. I was also low on Magnesium and Sodim. I left the hospital with scripts for both Potassium and Magnesium. They didn't give me a salt script, bummer, because I love the stuff. They didn't think that was funny, no sense of humor at all. So I supplement mag now too. Sodium, I can't help to think that is weird, because my wife is alway telling me to stop eating so much salt. 

"on the bright side im still here"

Yeah, I hear you, I feel the same way. 

 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

great being here for us both then .... as for salt i really should'nt but i do sea salt for me it has a taste thats different to me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Matt221 said:

great being here for us both then .... as for salt i really should'nt but i do sea salt for me it has a taste thats different to me 

we use sea salt and that Himilayan pink salt as well. I know I eat too much salt, but I have heard some doctors recently say that the problem is not really too much salt, but too little potassium in relation, which should be 4 to 1 potassium to salt and most people are just the reverse of that. Makes sense then you read about it. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.