Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Linguistic Communication | Progress

Twisted Consciousness

Ants, bees, creatures that work as a colony. 
One cannot deny feats that non linguistic communication can achieve. 

1. Is linguistic communication the root where we  strayed from what was the ideal path of a rapidly progressing civilisation? T1, T2, etc on the Kardashev scale. 

2. Without language, without deceit, would we be better or worse off in spiritual and technological advancement? Considering there are pros and cons to both sides. 

Thanks, appreciate your inputs. 

• Thanks 1

Humans aren't colony animals, and we often don't communicate well when we do use language- and communicate even worse when we don't use language. We would still be deceitful animals without language. I'm not sure if we could be more or less spiritual if we didn't use language. We probably would not be as technologically advanced if we didn't have language. Without language, we wouldn't have writing, and that would be a hinderance to a lot of technology. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Twisted Consciousness said:

1. Is linguistic communication the root where we  strayed from what was the ideal path of a rapidly progressing civilisation? T1, T2, etc on the Kardashev scale. 

2. Without language, without deceit, would we be better or worse off in spiritual and technological advancement? Considering there are pros and cons to both sides. 

Thanks, appreciate your inputs. 

No actually thank you, you make some really great points here, but I am sorry I don’t agree that spiritual has anything to do with it but I admit I could certainly be missing something. These creatures you speak of that are believed to speak without linguistic communication like bees, and ants have what is called a hive 

Insect swarms and migratory birds are known to exhibit something known as a hive mind, collective consciousness, and herd mentality, among others. This has inspired a whole new stream of robotics known as swarm intelligence, where small-sized robots perform tasks in coordination.

Here is link from personal online library you find very interesting, oh and by the way welcome to the forum!:tu:

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/ai/ai-03-00027/article_deploy/ai-03-00027.pdf?version=1652673393

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

No actually thank you, you make some really great points here, but I am sorry I don’t agree that spiritual has anything to do with it but I admit I could certainly be missing something. These creatures you speak of that are believed to speak without linguistic communication like bees, and ants have what is called a hive 

Insect swarms and migratory birds are known to exhibit something known as a hive mind, collective consciousness, and herd mentality, among others. This has inspired a whole new stream of robotics known as swarm intelligence, where small-sized robots perform tasks in coordination.

Here is link from personal online library you find very interesting, oh and by the way welcome to the forum!:tu:

Heh, Twisted isn't new to the forum, they have been around years longer than you. They just don't post often. What's the link from your personal library?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rashore said:

Heh, Twisted isn't new to the forum, they have been around years longer than you. They just don't post often. What's the link from your personal library?

I am lost concerning your comment above on twisted, I reread my comments I don’t see what I said that the individuals you identified above, I must be missing something what is it?

Here is the link I forgot to post in ly previous comments, thanks for letting me know I forgot to post the link. Cybernetic Hive Minds: A Review: https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/ai/ai-03-00027/article_deploy/ai-03-00027.pdf?version=1652673393

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am lost concerning your comment above on twisted, I reread my comments I don’t see what I said that the individuals you identified above, I must be missing something what is it?

Here is the link I forgot to post in ly previous comments, thanks for letting me know I forgot to post the link. Cybernetic Hive Minds: A Review: https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/ai/ai-03-00027/article_deploy/ai-03-00027.pdf?version=1652673393

You welcomed Twisted to the forum like they were a new member. I thought it a bit amusing because they have been around for several years, even longer than you. Thanks for including the link to the download for folks that want to read it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rashore said:

You welcomed Twisted to the forum like they were a new member. I thought it a bit amusing because they have been around for several years, even longer than you. Thanks for including the link to the download for folks that want to read it. 

I am certainly dense, I didn’t pay attention to the members user name just looked at the post count I need a cup of coffee and a by the way twisted is one hell of a username! :lol:As far the link thanks for reminding me, if not for your catch I would not even realized I forgot to add it. :tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender

10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/ai/ai-03-00027/article_deploy/ai-03-00027.pdf?version=1652673393

Thank you very much, appreciate this! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Twisted Consciousness said:

Since we don't know what kind of communication a T2 civilization would use, it's very difficult to say.

The advantage of a written language, however, is that knowledge can be passed on long after death. Long after a pheromone signal expires, for example.

14 hours ago, Twisted Consciousness said:

Non-linguistic communication has some interesting downsides. For example, ants may form death spirals, if they lose the main pheremone trail.

Ants also use chemical signals to infiltrate host colonies of other species. They deceive, too.

In terms of technological advancement — without a means of communication that's capable of being easily replicated and transmitted over long distances, information would take longer to spread.

In terms of spiritual advancement — maybe the speed of information isn't as important.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Contact our essay writers here:https://studyessay.org/do-my-essay/

"swarm intelligence" very interesting)))thanks for the link

Edited by dorothyramey
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:55 PM, dorothyramey said:

"swarm intelligence" very interesting)))thanks for the link

Your very welcome, I am very glad you appreciate the content and my reason for posting it.

Peace my friend and welcome to the forum!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender