Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shireen Abu Akleh

odas

This is now almost a week old. Looks like noone cares about a Palestinian Journalist here. Isreal not only killed Her but disrepected Her funeral. How long will the world turn their Head away from Isrealy State Terrorism?

Good for the Catholic Church to stand up against this apartheid regime.

"Catholic leader blasts Israeli conduct at journalist funeral"

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/catholic-leader-blasts-israeli-conduct-at-journalist-funeral-1.5904824

Shame on Israel.

• Like 4

https://www.algemeiner.com/2022/05/11/israel-asks-palestinian-authorities-to-hand-over-bullet-that-killed-al-jazeera-journalist-for-forensic-investigation/

“We hope to get Palestinian cooperation on this issue because without the report of the pathologic surgery she went through, the pathological findings and the forensic findings, it will be very hard for us to figure out what exactly happened on the ground,” Gantz cautioned. “Initial findings from the investigation cannot indicate what gunfire was directed at Shireen and I cannot exclude any option under this operational chaos which was on the ground.”

Israel said it offered to conduct a joint investigation with Palestinian authorities to determine the facts of the shooting, a proposal that Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said earlier Wednesday has thus far been refused.

Nearly 20 Israelis have been shot, stabbed, run down by vehicles and otherwise murdered by  Israeli Arabs in 2022.  No one here seems to worry much about THEM, either.  

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/independent-investigation-suggests-israeli-gunfire-led-to-al-jazeera-journalists-death

"Palestinian officials and witnesses, including journalists who were with her, say she was killed by army fire. The military, after initially saying Palestinian gunmen might have been responsible, later backtracked and now says she may also have been hit by errant Israeli fire"

Also, the "errant" is a lie. Should be read as "on purpose".

• Like 2

The fact that the Palestinian authority refuses to allow an investigation of that bullet that killed her, only makes them seem as though they have something to hide.  Put the politics of hate aside, look at it from the other side's POV and it's easy to disprove them.  Just show the world the bullet.

• Like 2

The fact that Palestinian authorities fell for the Israelie scam of joint investigation before makes it only right to refuse. Palestinians however asked the Internanional Body for their own investigation and right away Israel backtracked their claime Shireen was killed by Palestinians.

Lies have short legs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, odas said:

Good for the Catholic Church to stand up against this apartheid regime.

They are one of the causes Israel came into existence.

The Good Christians tried to murder anything Jewish, but Adolf was the better of them.

The Good Christians organized progroms to eredicate the 'Jewish Problem', long before Adolf went insane.

And all these evil Jews was left to do after WWII was move to what's now Israel.

And they will defend it at all costs.

If you don't get it by now: it were the Europeans, that's including Russians, that were the cause of the creation of the State of Israel.

2 hours ago, odas said:

The fact that Palestinian authorities fell for the Israelie scam of joint investigation before makes it only right to refuse. Palestinians however asked the Internanional Body for their own investigation and right away Israel backtracked their claime Shireen was killed by Palestinians.

Lies have short legs. 

If an Israeli soldier killed the woman then he'll likely pay for the crime.  If a Palestinian armed protester did it, he never will.  There's more than enough hate that can be laid at the feet of both sides in this situation.  Meanwhile, IIRC 18 Israelis have been murdered by Palestinians/Israeli Arabs over about a 10 week span.  Action-reaction, tit-for-tat. 

As for the bullet, it need not be handed over to Israel without supervision or a thorough documentation beforehand.  It's actually pretty simple.  IDF caliber of choice is likely a 5.56, up to about 100 gr. while the most common for the Palestinian security forces is a 7.62X39 at about 120 gr.  Refusing to hand it over breeds suspicion.

1 hour ago, locomekipkachelfantje said:

They are one of the causes Israel came into existence.

The Good Christians tried to murder anything Jewish, but Adolf was the better of them.

The Good Christians organized progroms to eredicate the 'Jewish Problem', long before Adolf went insane.

And all these evil Jews was left to do after WWII was move to what's now Israel.

And they will defend it at all costs.

If you don't get it by now: it were the Europeans, that's including Russians, that were the cause of the creation of the State of Israel.

I am not talking about Jews. I am talking about the Israelie government. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A tragic incident that can only make the hatred grow

• Like 1

4 hours ago, odas said:

I am not talking about Jews. I am talking about the Israelie government. 

Ah yes, they've got nothing to do with the Jewish population, of course.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Ah yes, they've got nothing to do with the Jewish population, of course.

Abramelin, do you dissagree with the threats from Iran towards Israel? What do you think about Iran's p***ible nuclear capabilities?

6 hours ago, odas said:

Abramelin, do you dissagree with the threats from Iran towards Israel? What do you think about Iran's p***ible nuclear capabilities?

Look man, I got pssd off by you being happy about what the pope said.

This church with anti-semites and crypto-pedophiles and women-haters in the lead should be shut down.

Oh, Iran. Within a year there will be no more nuclear threat from Iran.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:56 PM, and then said:

Nearly 20 Israelis have been shot, stabbed, run down by vehicles and otherwise murdered by  Israeli Arabs in 2022.  No one here seems to worry much about THEM, either.  

Well, that should just 'annoy' some of the more 'politically correct', right?

But I'm glad you mentioned it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Look man, I got pssd off by you being happy about what the pope said.

This church with anti-semites and crypto-pedophiles and women-haters in the lead should be shut down.

Oh, Iran. Within a year there will be no more nuclear threat from Iran.

Nothing happy about it to be. Infact, it is sad that it has to come to that. However, I am tired about people invokeing the anti semit card as soon as there is Israel mentioned in a negative way.

I think of Iran as a country led by hateful imbecils. Does it make me a muslim hater?

When we talk about CRT in USA - the counter argument is immidiately "the new generation has nothing to do with it". Well, the new generation of Catholics has nothing to do with the progrom of Jews either. The new generation of Germans has nothing to do with the holocoust either...yet they all aknowledge their past crimes. But not Israel, never ever. Time to quit playing the anti semit card when it comes to Israels atrocities towards Palestinians. I will call a spade a spade, being it terrorism from Israelie government, Iran, Hamas... Anyone who comits a crime should be accountable for. No free passes. 

32 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

47 Palestinians were killed by Israelie forces in 2022, including 8 children. That is the count by end of April of this year. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, odas said:

47 Palestinians were killed by Israelie forces in 2022, including 8 children. That is the count by end of April of this year. 

Some of these children kill Israeli soldiers by throwing bricks at them.

I met several Israeli soldiers in Peru. After their 3 years service on the West Bank they got 5000 dollars when they finished.

One of them was a giant. Then, when he visited a market at the border between Bolivia and Peru, someone stole his camera. He went after the guy who stole his camera plowing through the people like an ice breaker. He caught the guy, and was about the twist the guy's head off. But his mates, 5 of them, had to hold him down.

One of his mates told me this story. And, without me asking about it, he explained why this guy almost killed the one who stole his camera.

The giant had served on the West Bank, like they all had. But the giant had witnessed his best friend being killed by a brick thrown by a Palestinian kid. The brains of his mate were all over the ground.

The giant went crazy, and shot every Palestinian kid in sight.

He must have killed 8 of them, according to the Israeli guy I talked with.

As soon as the giant realized what he had done, he wanted to kill himself. But was talked out of it by his friends. Their idea: Let's go to Peru, and reset our minds.

And so they did.

Edited to add:

How did I meet these Isreali ex-soldiers? On a boat to an island on the coast of Peru. I saw a pretty woman in front of me in the boat. I heard her talking, and said to my traveling compagnons, "They are Isrealis". The woman turned around to me, and said, quite irritated, "So what?!".

And I told her I just recognized her language, and that that was all.

After that one of her friends started talking with me.

The next day my group and the Israelis met again on the market place, just after the giant's camera was stolen.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Abramelin said:

The current government is a mix of Right and Left and Naftali is showing a lot of restraint considering the tempo and severity of these attacks.  This isn't the same as running from incoming rockets.  This is a non-organic movement amongst Israeli Arabs who've benefitted from life inside Israel.  It is being instigated by outside forces and it is going to be stopped by Israel or the country will fall into civil war.  IMO, anyone, any age, caught stabbing, slashing, shooting, driving down, or otherwise committing murder for political ends, should be summarily executed and if ties to Hamas or the PA are established, those leaders should know that if it continues THEY will no longer be safe.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, odas said:

Care to list any circumstances or context to those numbers?  As stated, they could be understood to mean the IDF, without provocation, chose to murder 47 innocent people.  Anyone who intentionally leaves that impression is unwilling to face the truth of that conflict.  Supporting Palestinians apparently includes accepting their dogma that they are JUSTIFIED in killing Israelis because of the "occupation".  NO ONE is justified in casually killing unarmed, innocent people.  That includes any Palestinian who takes a knife and slashes a Jew to death in the streets or who drives his car into a crowd or a bus stop to kill random human beings whose only "crime" is to be breathing while Jewish.

No matter how many stats or statements Palestinian supporters make, the reality is they are defending a people who believe themselves justified in murdering innocents who have not taken up arms against them.  That includes the intentional murder of Jewish children.

16 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Some of these children kill Israeli soldiers by throwing bricks at them

PSNI drive around in armoured cars because of the threat of rifle and mortar fire in NI but they still don't shoot children who throw rocks.

7 hours ago, and then said:

That includes any Palestinian who takes a knife and slashes a Jew to death in the streets or who drives his car into a crowd or a bus stop to kill random human beings whose only "crime" is to be breathing while Jewish.

I think those Palestinians would argue that the crime is living on (in their eyes) illegally occupied land. I think it's disingenuous to cast the conflict as the result of Palestinians just hating Jewish people for the sake of it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Some of these children kill Israeli soldiers by throwing bricks at them.

I met several Israeli soldiers in Peru. After their 3 years service on the West Bank they got 5000 dollars when they finished.

One of them was a giant. Then, when he visited a market at the border between Bolivia and Peru, someone stole his camera. He went after the guy who stole his camera plowing through the people like an ice breaker. He caught the guy, and was about the twist the guy's head off. But his mates, 5 of them, had to hold him down.

One of his mates told me this story. And, without me asking about it, he explained why this guy almost killed the one who stole his camera.

The giant had served on the West Bank, like they all had. But the giant had witnessed his best friend being killed by a brick thrown by a Palestinian kid. The brains of his mate were all over the ground.

The giant went crazy, and shot every Palestinian kid in sight.

He must have killed 8 of them, according to the Israeli guy I talked with.

Nice story to justify the killing of palestinian children. 

Now immagine a black guy goes on a killing spree after his child was killed somewhere in the USA for being black while walking. Would you still have sympathy for him? 

In any other country the guy would have been tried and locked up but, hey, in Israel killing palestinian children is a national sport.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, odas said:

Now immagine a black guy goes on a killing spree after his child was killed somewhere in the USA for being black while walking.

Except this is a totally false comparison.  Your example is of a clearly evil, illegal act.  These IDF soldiers are mostly conscripts and would not be placed in regular contact with "Palestinian children" if not for an ongoing effort by Hamas and the PA to grind away at Israel, killing and terrorizing her citizens in a long game approach to forcing the Jews out of Israel.

I noticed the source for this piece seems to have forgotten to mention that Akla was reporting on an IDF raid into Jenin at the time.  It also doesn't mention that the Palestinians opened fire and a firefight ensued.  IOW, lots of bullets flying, lots of confusion, and it is perfectly possible that the unfortunate reporter was hit in a cross fire.  But that explanation is scoffed at because of course, everyone "knows" the Israelis love to murder Palestinians.  It's ridiculous and offensive.

The argument goes on and on and I support everyone's right to support the group they feel is being abused.  The difference, I think, is that those who blame Israel for every Palestinian death, do so because they accept the initial premise that Israel is an invader, occupier, and that ANYTHING done to force them out of the land is not inherently evil, therefore any time the IDF strikes BACK and kills Palestinians - regardless of the violence they are engaged in at the time - it is the IDF who is criminal.  

This thread is a perfect example of that.  I fully support the right of the descendants of Jacob to live in that land BUT I also believe murderers should be held to account no matter if they wear a uniform or not.  With the history of propaganda from both sides, asking for an independent investigation to analyze the fatal bullet does not seem unreasonable - IF the goal is to get at the truth.  

If the IDF is to be held accountable, it's not too much to ask for proof it was their soldiers who fired the fatal round.  The PA refuses to allow anyone to inspect the bullet.  If the situation were reversed, those who support the Palestinians would be demanding exactly the same access, and they'd be right to do so.

Edited by and then

1 hour ago, odas said:

, hey, in Israel killing palestinian children is a national sport.

Ok. So just ignore the 'nice story'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odas said:

Now immagine a black guy goes on a killing spree after his child was killed somewhere in the USA for being black while walking. Would you still have sympathy for him? 

Killed for being black? Yeah, I would maybe not feel sympathy, but I would understand that the father went balistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

PSNI drive around in armoured cars because of the threat of rifle and mortar fire in NI but they still don't shoot children who throw rocks.

Did you even read what I posted? These Israeli soldiers were not driving around in armoured cars.

• Like 1