Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man spots a delivery robot 'lost in the woods'

Still Waters

On Saturday evening someone went hungry :(.

• Like 7

These things are a crazy idea.

What's to stop a ne'er-do-well stealing the robot with everything inside?

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, acute said:

ne'er-do-well

I don't know why I found that so funny! :lol:

But seriously, letting hot tasty food wander around unaccompanied is just asking for trouble :hmm:.

Plus, I feel for the robot. Sometimes the prospect of work is just too much and you say to yourself "stuff 'em! I badly need some 'me' time and a walk in the woods, listening to birdsong, fits the bill". I've done it myself, I can't criticise. :no:

• Haha 7

I thought the robot's manufacturer had the best comment:

"Not all robots who wander are lost, some are on a delivery to its next customer!"  :lol:

• Like 7

Cracks me up. I have a prosumer drone that I'm getting ready to fly today, and I hope it doesn't "wander"

DJI Mavic Air 2

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, acute said:

These things are a crazy idea.

What's to stop a ne'er-do-well stealing the robot with everything inside?

Might've been a crazy idea 20 years ago, but currently delivery robots are very effective and viable where they operate (e.g. college campuses). Expect to see a lot more reliance on automation in the near future as technology continues to advance. Afaik Starship robots have made over 3 million successful autonomous deliveries while only having a dozen or so incidents regarding deliberate sabatoge of which most attempts were unsuccessful. 

https://www.starship.xyz/contact/faq/

How do you stop theft of the robots and their properties?

Our robots are locked and secure during transport. The lid can only be opened using the customer’s mobile app or the company who are providing the goods to be delivered. 

The robots are constantly monitored and equipped with twelve cameras and two-way audio communication systems. Any improper conduct will be detected immediately. If an incident does occur with a Starship Robot, one of our Robot Rescuers can respond quickly. The lid is locked and the robot is tracked to the nearest inch.

Edited by csspwns

Maybe it was taking some honey and a big mac to Pooh Bear? And maybe Eyeore, Piglet, and Tigger too!
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 2:23 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

crowbar.jpg

Hmm test out how effective that tool is for me please. Let me know how it goes! :)

• Like 1