Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrat Eric Swalwell Fundraises Off of Buffalo Mass Shooting

el midgetron

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) sent out a fundraising email on Monday to fill his campaign coffers off of the Buffalo, New York, mass shooting.

Ten people, including a retired Buffalo police officer, were killed and three were injured in a Saturday afternoon shooting in Buffalo, New York.

As the Buffalo community continues to grapple with the aftermath of the shooting, Swalwell decided to take to his fundraising list to build up his campaign coffers. The California Democrat also appeared to blame Fox News host Tucker Carlson, arguing that Tucker’s use of “racism” has “consequences.” He sent out in a Monday email:

“The white supremacist Buffalo mass shooter borrowed language directly from Tucker Carlson and this is not a coincidence.

We’ve known for a while now that Tucker uses racism to his advantage, stirring up fear and outrage to attract people to his white supremacist propaganda show. What this latest shooting shows is that his rhetoric has consequences beyond his ratings. Will you sign on and hold him accountable for his reprehensible rhetoric, John?

Mass shooters are borrowing racist conspiracies and white supremacist tactics right off his lips. Tucker is a citation in a mass shooter’s neo-Nazi manifesto.

We are putting together a petition condemning the utterly unrepeatable language irresponsibly used by Tucker on his disgusting “show.” Will you sign on to hold him accountable for this, John?

We have a responsibility to fight this rhetoric anywhere and everywhere we see it, and right now, it’s coming from the BIGGEST talking head on cable news.

So that’s where we’re bringing the fight. Let’s show Tucker: there are consequences for the things you say. We’re calling out the very real danger Tucker poses to Black communities and communities of color as long as he’s on the airwaves. Sign on here to condemn Tucker.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/17/democrat-eric-swalwell-fundraises-off-of-buffalo-mass-shooting/

• Like 1

It's distasteful but unfortunately it's also common practice from the left and the right so I won't get up in arms about it. Fundraising as a politician shouldn't even be a thing. So until we cut that out then we can only expect our "elected leaders" to use distasteful ways to do it. 

I read that as "funsies" and I apologize for that. 

Shocker. 

• Haha 3

Isn’t he the porkchop who was literally in bed with a Chinese spy?

• Like 1

Which part is asking for money? It reads to me like they're just asking people to sign a petition of some kind.

Tucker and others on Fox News clearly did incite the attack, and it's not the first time that racist conspiracy theories like Great Replacement theory have caused similar attacks. It's actually pretty crazy that Tucker has such a large following in the US.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Tucker and others on Fox News clearly did incite the attack,

Really?!

And did Black Lives Matters cause the Waukesha disaster where a BLM brother went bowling for crackers in his SUV? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Really?!

And did Black Lives Matters cause the Waukesha disaster where a BLM brother went bowling for crackers in his SUV? 

I mean you can play Whatabboutism if you like, but that still doesn’t actually detract from what I said. Things like this have been happening for years with Fox News and right wing talk radio. For example, O’reilly’s rhetoric led directly the death of George Tiller.

The racist and idiotic ‘Great Replacement Theory’ is just the latest manifestation of this need of the right in America to get as many people worked up and voting as possible by playing on their fears. Unfortunately it has very real consequences. As we can clearly see from the latest shooter who practically quoted Tucker Carlson in his manifesto.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Which part is asking for money? It reads to me like they're just asking people to sign a petition of some kind.

Tucker and others on Fox News clearly did incite the attack, and it's not the first time that racist conspiracy theories like Great Replacement theory have caused similar attacks. It's actually pretty crazy that Tucker has such a large following in the US.

Blah blah blah. Add the United Nations to your list of “racist” bogeymen. 

“Focusing on these two striking and critical population trends, the report considers replacement migration for eight low-fertility countries (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, United Kingdom and United States) and two regions (Europe and the European Union). Replacement migration refers to the international migration that a country would need to offset population decline and population ageing resulting from low fertility and mortality rates.”

https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/ageing/replacement-migration.asp

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27503753

“Particular prominence has been given to this option through the publicity attendant on a report from the UN Population Division in 2000 on 'replacement migration', which has been widely reported and widely misunderstood. Although immigration can prevent population decline, it is already well known that it can only prevent population ageing at unprecedented, unsustainable and increasing levels of inflow, which would generate rapid population growth and eventually displace the original population from its majority position.”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11343210_Replacement_migration_or_why_everyone_is_going_to_have_to_live_in_Korea_A_fable_for_our_times_from_the_United_Nations

Edited by el midgetron

57 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

As we can clearly see from the latest shooter who practically quoted Tucker Carlson in his manifesto.

Who he actually quoted was Brenton Harrison Tarrant. Both the Buffalo shooter and Tarrent wore the black sun symbol on their vest during their attacks. The same symbol the Neo Nazi Azov brigade uses on their emblem. This Democrat administration, with previous ties to Ukraine, is dumping millions of dollars on the ideological brothers of these murderers. Even IF Tucker Carlson is “inciting” them, he is just using words. Biden is actually giving them weapons and money. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You're right.  Before Tucker Carlson nobody ever did anything like this.  This is all because of FOX news promoting racial division.  :rolleyes:  Just...wow.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I mean you can play Whatabboutism if you like, but that still doesn’t actually detract from what I said. Things like this have been happening for years with Fox News and right wing talk radio. For example, O’reilly’s rhetoric led directly the death of George Tiller.

The racist and idiotic ‘Great Replacement Theory’ is just the latest manifestation of this need of the right in America to get as many people worked up and voting as possible by playing on their fears. Unfortunately it has very real consequences. As we can clearly see from the latest shooter who practically quoted Tucker Carlson in his manifesto.

Another winning post..The left NEVER gets people worked up to get as many people up and voting as possible by playing on their fears.  You, my friend, are an insightful genius.  And by genius I mean the way my dad called me a genius when I was being kind of dumb.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Who he actually quoted was Brenton Harrison Tarrant. Both the Buffalo shooter and Tarrent wore the black sun symbol on their vest during their attacks. The same symbol the Neo Nazi Azov brigade uses on their emblem. This Democrat administration, with previous ties to Ukraine, is dumping millions of dollars on the ideological brothers of these murderers. Even IF Tucker Carlson is “inciting” them, he is just using words. Biden is actually giving them weapons and money. 

Still trying to find the fundraising part of the email, or the article.  Do you have a better link?  Or did Breitbart flat out lie...again...

Just now, OverSword said:

You're right.  Before Tucker Carlson nobody ever did anything like this.  This is all because of FOX news promoting racial division.  :rolleyes:  Just...wow.

Well, not exactly...but no shooter really cited the reason as something that Tucker Carlson has stated over 400 times on his show..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Well, not exactly...but no shooter really cited the reason as something that Tucker Carlson has stated over 400 times on his show..

I don't watch him.  What did he state over 400 times?

Just now, OverSword said:

I don't watch him.  What did he state over 400 times?

That democrats are importing immigrants to replace white voters...hence the "replacement theory."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

That democrats are importing immigrants to replace white voters...hence the "replacement theory."

I would say there is strong evidence for that, including proposals for non-citizens to get to vote.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I would say there is strong evidence for that, including proposals for non-citizens to get to vote.

LOL, so, you are saying that Democrats are importing immigrants to replace white voters?  And there has never been a proposal to allow non-citizens to vote in FEDERAL elections.  Don't confuse local elections where there are movements to allow TAX PAYING green card holders that are in the country legally to vote.

Tucker?  Is that you?

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

LOL, so, you are saying that Democrats are importing immigrants to replace white voters?  And there has never been a proposal to allow non-citizens to vote in FEDERAL elections.  Don't confuse local elections where there are movements to allow TAX PAYING green card holders that are in the country legally to vote.

Tucker?  Is that you?

I wouldn't go so far as to say race is the motivation it just so happens that most immigrants are not white, I would go so far as to say most European immigrants may vote democrat too.  As far as federal elections....baby steps my friend, baby steps.  IMO No non-citizen should be allowed to vote in US elections.  If they don't like that they can go home and vote all they desire.

Edited by OverSword

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say race is the motivation it just so happens that most immigrants are not white, I would go so far as to say most European immigrants may vote democrat too.  As far as federal elections....baby steps my friend, baby steps.  IMO No non-citizen should be allowed to vote in US elections.  If they don't like that they can go home and vote all they desire.

So someone living in some random town legally shouldn't be able to vote for the mayor?  That's probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

So someone living in some random town legally shouldn't be able to vote for the mayor?  That's probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  

You're welcome to your opinion.  I would never expect to move to some other country for work and expect to vote.  If I wanted that right then I would become a citizen.  I know enough people that have followed that route to understand that it works well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Still trying to find the fundraising part of the email, or the article.  Do you have a better link?  Or did Breitbart flat out lie...again...

You have to sign it, then Feng Feng’s boy hits you up for money. You wouldn’t even sign sweaty Democrats petition? Bro why you supporting racism??? Crying about Breitbart but wouldn’t even sign the petition…..LOL

Score another for BREITBART. Strike another for the liberals who can’t use the internet, 

D6FCA9F0-8280-415E-BDF1-526B66E6C6B8.thumb.png.ede08ef11c8ee79f4cd1895949fb88bd.png

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You must be new here ….

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

This is all because of FOX news promoting racial division

Well /pol/ also gets some credit, but yeah

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say race is the motivation

No, it definitely is. You don't see people getting up in arms about Immigrants from anywhere OTHER then non white countries. When was the last time you heard someone whining about Canadians or Eastern Europeans coming over here? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Wid ye, aye?

:lol:

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

No, it definitely is. You don't see people getting up in arms about Immigrants from anywhere OTHER then non white countries. When was the last time you heard someone whining about Canadians or Eastern Europeans coming over here? 

About a week. 

• Thanks 1