Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Rogan wrongly claims Australia is banning growing food at home

Golden Duck

Another fine example of thorough research sees host of The Joke Rogan Hexperience find the only example of "agricultural contamination" is an acute case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Rogan unleashed on his show, claiming that the New South Wales government was trying to ban home-grown food in an effort to "smoke out" anti-vaxxers.

"You can't go to a grocery store anymore, and you can't grow your own food," he said ... before being told by his producer that there was no actual evidence of said law online.

"Damn it, it better not be fake," Rogan said.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/joe-rogan-podcast-fake-australia-law-to-ban-growing-own-food/bef3340a-c215-4448-a6ec-dd1a2a0e3408

He might be getting confused by the fact that cane toads decimate sugar crops and metabolise the sucrose into chocolate; and, become poisonous for dogs.

It's where the idea for Chocolate Frogs came from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Candace Owens fellow idiot.

In behalf of American people of color everywhere, we don't know her.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Candace Owens fellow idiot.

In behalf of American people of color everywhere, we don't know her.  

I'll put my hand up as the new CEO of BLM.  She can come and harass me at my home anytime.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Yep, the guy is a complete idiot.

Yes he really is a complete idiot, to be honest. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Another fine example of thorough research sees host of The Joke Rogan Hexperience find the only example of "agricultural contamination" is an acute case of foot-in-mouth disease.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/joe-rogan-podcast-fake-australia-law-to-ban-growing-own-food/bef3340a-c215-4448-a6ec-dd1a2a0e3408

He might be getting confused by the fact that cane toads decimate sugar crops and metabolise the sucrose into chocolate; and, become poisonous for dogs.

It's where the idea for Chocolate Frogs came from.

The weirdest thing is that he says "Damn it, it better not be fake". He apparently wants it to be true. :wacko:

Its seems like some conspiracy theorists allways wants to believe the worst things about the World. It must be sad to live in a world where you actively choose to see evil conspiracies behind everything.

As a wise man once sad, not everything is a conspiracy. :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I marvel at the people who take what this failed wrestler turned shock comic says as remotely sincere or conveying value...

His entire catalogue is hyperbole for the sake of being shocking.  *shrug*  I guess folks gotta fill up their day til it's time to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

I marvel at the people who take what this failed wrestler turned shock comic says as remotely sincere or conveying value...

His entire catalogue is hyperbole for the sake of being shocking.  *shrug*  I guess folks gotta fill up their day til it's time to sleep.

Failed MMA fighter who wouldn't jump in to back Alex Jones when he was called out. 

• Like 3

A poor man's DJ Trump 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I don't get people who listen to this idiot. They can't all have lower intelligence than this moron. 

Song for Rogan. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Joe seems less valuable than a broken clock. 

At least a broken clock is correct for two minutes each day...:passifier:

On 5/20/2022 at 7:43 AM, psyche101 said:

I don't get people who listen to this idiot. They can't all have lower intelligence than this moron

It's a stupid job but someone's gotta do it, once in awhile... 

:lol:

~

• Haha 2

When you host a long form podcast that goes for literally hours, sometimes information is going to be wrong. Now, if Rogan continues to spread that story even knowing it's a lie, that's a different story. But I don't see any problem, and I think this whole story is blown entirely out of proportion. That's my opinion, on it. 

Note, I haven't actually listened to this particular episode of Rogan's podcast to have heard what he said or didn't say. But I've listened to enough of his podcasts in the past to know how the mainstream media makes mountains out of molehills with him. Innocuous lines get blown out of all proportion. So if or when I ever do get to listening to that particular episode, I would not be surprised if it's a much smaller story than it's being made out to be.  

• Like 2

I mean a lot of people can't because the outback is about has hospitable for agriculture as Death Valley. But that's not a conspiracy, if anybody's at fault it's the rainbow serpent.  

On 5/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, Paranoid Android said:

When you host a long form podcast that goes for literally hours, sometimes information is going to be wrong. Now, if Rogan continues to spread that story even knowing it's a lie, that's a different story. But I don't see any problem, and I think this whole story is blown entirely out of proportion. That's my opinion, on it. 

Note, I haven't actually listened to this particular episode of Rogan's podcast to have heard what he said or didn't say. But I've listened to enough of his podcasts in the past to know how the mainstream media makes mountains out of molehills with him. Innocuous lines get blown out of all proportion. So if or when I ever do get to listening to that particular episode, I would not be surprised if it's a much smaller story than it's being made out to be.  

Sometimes information is going to be wrong?

Do you get that Rogan's shock value BS is his show?

You're personal agenda against mainstream media is outright ridiculous at times 

From the link:

"You can't go to a grocery store anymore, and you can't grow your own food," he said ... before being told by his producer that there was no actual evidence of said law online.

"Damn it, it better not be fake," Rogan said.

Rogan was being a complete ass about invermectin, and promoted lying lowlife Malone for the shock value. You bought into his ploy of using personal insult to have a big whine about CNN, your favourite target. 

The guy is an idiot and an ass. And your evaluation is biased. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Haha 2

On 5/21/2022 at 10:21 AM, Paranoid Android said:

Here's what you would call impinging on free speech.

The Victorian Government has developed the Agriculture Legislation Amendment Bill 2022 for consideration by the Victorian Parliament. This Bill aims to help safeguard food security, food safety and access to export markets which are vital for Victoria’s economy

This fact sheet addresses misinformation raised in social media about aspects of this Bill.

The Victorian Government has developed the Agriculture Legislation Amendment Bill 2022 for consideration by the Victorian Parliament. This Bill aims to help safeguard food security, food safety and access to export markets which are vital for Victoria’s economy

This fact sheet addresses misinformation raised in social media about aspects of this Bill.

Claim:

The State Government is passing a bill now which means you won't be allowed to grow your own food, they can forcibly come in and rip it all out.

Facts:

• The amendments will help safeguard food security, food safety and access to export markets. For example, by preventing contamination of food from pesticides.
  • The amendments will not result in the destruction of crops, nor will they prevent people growing their own food.
  • Information circulating online misinterprets and misrepresents amendments in the Agriculture Legislation Amendment Bill.

https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/farm-management/chemicals/chemical-use-legislation-and-regulation/agriculture-legislation-amendment-bill-2022-fact-sheet

The Victorian Government actually encourages people grow their own food.

Gardening - planning an edible garden

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/gardening-planning-an-edible-garden

https://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/-/media/ResourceCentre/PublicationsandResources/healthy-eating/Food-for-All--resources-for-local-govt/VHP-food-for-all_CMYK-003-HE8.pdf?la=en&hash=73F295AF2016F5D5D9B356C1E76841739A84C476

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/gardening-for-children

Why do you toady up to such incompetent members of the fake news media?

• Like 1