Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George W. Bush on Ukraine


TrumanB
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.euronews.com/2022/05/19/gaffe-as-george-w-bush-slams-russia-s-wholly-unjustified-and-brutal-invasion-of-iraq

"The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq... I mean of Ukraine."

Sorry folks, I just can't resist it...

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

https://www.euronews.com/2022/05/19/gaffe-as-george-w-bush-slams-russia-s-wholly-unjustified-and-brutal-invasion-of-iraq

"The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq... I mean of Ukraine."

Sorry folks, I just can't resist it...

Well, if we're keeping score of verbal gaffes.......see where this is going?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, if we're keeping score of verbal gaffes.......see where this is going?

The point is that it's not just a verbal gaffe...

Where do you think that this is going?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

 

I think that we have a slightly different case here. He said  "...Uranian people", not Iranian. He probably missed a few letters due to his age. I wouldn't call this really a gaffe. May be wrong but that's what I heard.

And I remember Bush during his presidency. He was (in)famous for his 'bushisms', I think that someone even wrote a book about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

 

This guy is also hilarious, more than I expected

...and I promise you that president has a big stick

...poor kids are just as talented as white kids

...indian-americans moving from India

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I laughed. I’m not a good human being.

Was kinda good to see him admit the truth about Iraq. It might have been a gaffe, but his, ‘Well, Iraq too’ definitely wasn’t.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ah Good Ole Georgie 'The Decider' Bush...  what a useful tool he was to those with actual influence.

Just went along with whatever carrot was dangled in front of him.

He's got to be the most relieved President in our history.  Since the Great Pumpkin came along, he's no longer the bottom of the trough. If he's even aware enough to recognize the shift that is...

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Ah Good Ole Georgie 'The Decider' Bush...  what a useful tool he was to those with actual influence.

Just went along with whatever carrot was dangled in front of him.

He's got to be the most relieved President in our history.  Since the Great Pumpkin came along, he's no longer the bottom of the trough. If he's even aware enough to recognize the shift that is...

I know, but, if there is any president in the world, past and current, that I would like to have a beer or two with and a good chat and few laughs it would be G. Dubya B. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I think that we have a slightly different case here. He said  "...Uranian people", not Iranian. He probably missed a few letters due to his age. I wouldn't call this really a gaffe. May be wrong but that's what I heard.

And I remember Bush during his presidency. He was (in)famous for his 'bushisms', I think that someone even wrote a book about it.

He actually has a well documented speech impediment, even before the old age thing.

He’s clearly trying to say Ukrainian.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He actually has a well documented speech impediment, even before the old age thing.

He’s clearly trying to say Ukrainian.

Yes, I agree.

On the other side, what Bush said was a typical freudian slip of the tongue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never thought I would agree with the war monger Bush, but I agree his invasion of Iraq was unjustifiable and brutally killed innocent civilians by the hundreds of thousands.

Unfortunately for Bush, it was his actions and lies that enabled it. But we demonize Putin (and rightly so) for the exact same actions

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, if we're keeping score of verbal gaffes.......see where this is going?

I'm not too worried about Bush's gaffes, just his illegal wars without justification 

 

Edit: surely you see the funny side of Bush calling himself out with a slip of the tongue 

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else nowadays fondly remember the time when Bush and his occasional gaffes were the most serious thing going on it the realm of first world politics? 
Fun times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Does anyone else nowadays fondly remember the time when Bush and his occasional gaffes were the most serious thing going on it the realm of first world politics? 
Fun times. 

I remember the time differently. After the towers fell, there was an irrational desire for retribution.

People who were anti war and stating facts like "saddam had nothing to do with the attacks" and "17 of the 19 terrorists were Saudi, not Afghani or iraqi" were roundly criticized as terrorist sympathizers.

The fact that dropping bombs on civilians would cause more terrorists was ignored. 

It was a scary time for me, but not as scary as it was for Iraqi civilians, along with others, but it was the first time I saw the mass psychosis that the media could use to brainwash everyday people into hating others for no reason

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Ah Good Ole Georgie 'The Decider' Bush...  what a useful tool he was to those with actual influence.

Just went along with whatever carrot was dangled in front of him.

He's got to be the most relieved President in our history.  Since the Great Pumpkin came along, he's no longer the bottom of the trough. If he's even aware enough to recognize the shift that is...

And yet Biden makes him look like a statesman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.