Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP’s main witness claims DC powered by aborted fetuses (literally)

ExpandMyMind

Sweet mother of Christ.

• Haha 5

How many dead babies does it take to turn on a light bulb?  :lol:  

btw if this was taking place in Washington, is she not complicit?  :unsure2:

...The ethics of using biological waste to power energy aside, it would be horribly inefficient. You'd have better luck lighting up popcorn chicken and sticking it under a boiler. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Sweet mother of Christ.

If she is the "main" witness, how stupid are the others?

• Like 2

She is probably referring to Curtis Bay Energy which processes and burns medical waste from 19 states, D.C. and Canada and they are located in Baltimore. Just so you know aborted fetuses are medical waste.

So yes medical waste is burned to generate electric.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, odas said:

If she is the "main" witness, how stupid are the others?

well....they voted for trump.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

well....they voted for trump.....

We didn't vote for Biden as that would be whole other class of stooooooopid.

Just so ya know I didn't vote for Trump either time.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 2

it’s definitely something that has happened -

“Aborted Babies Incinerated in Oregon Waste-to-Energy Facility

Was medical waste that included human tissue shipped from British Columbia to be incinerated at a power plant in Oregon?”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/power-gridlock/

As for the specific claim of the “places like Washington DC” Buzz_Light_Year is right about her probably referring to Curtis Bay Energy. 

https://curtisbaymws.com/pages/our-service-areas

Their official position is that they do not handle fetal remains but there is evidence suggesting this isn’t always the case.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/medical-waste-company-in-anti-abortion-groups-photos-denies-transporting-fetal-remains-curtis-bay-washington-surgi-clinic-paau-lauren-handy-fetus/65-8572770a-68cd-4442-94dd-ec07bfaa5817

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 1

Without regulations, medical practitioners are free to dispose of human fetal remains by incineration with medical waste, by dumping in landfills, and even by burning the remains to generate energy.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/18/18-483/72177/20181115120857805_18-483 Amicus Brief of American United for Life et al..pdf

People have responded with outrage over the news that aborted fetuses were routinely burned at an incinerator in Oregon that used medical waste to generate electricity.

"We're going to get to the bottom of it," Janet Carlson, commissioner of Marion County, Ore., told the Associated Press. "I want to know who knew, when they knew, how long they had known this was going on."

The issue, however, isn't limited to one incinerator in Oregon: Aborted fetal tissue and other types of medical waste — amputated limbs, organs, cancerous tissue, bones and all manner of bodily fluids — are routinely burned for heat or electricity worldwide.

In March, the British public was shocked to learn that the bodies of thousands of miscarried and aborted fetuses had been incinerated, along with other waste, to heat hospitals.

https://www.livescience.com/45139-aborted-fetuses-burned-incinerated-medical-waste.html

• Thanks 1

This is like the lady who they brought to Ohio who put paperclips on her head to try and claim the vaccines turned her magnetic :lol:.

This was live, on tv, and a "witness testimony" at the Ohio State house.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Without regulations, medical practitioners are free to dispose of human fetal remains by incineration with medical waste, by dumping in landfills, and even by burning the remains to generate energy.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/18/18-483/72177/20181115120857805_18-483 Amicus Brief of American United for Life et al..pdf

People have responded with outrage over the news that aborted fetuses were routinely burned at an incinerator in Oregon that used medical waste to generate electricity.

"We're going to get to the bottom of it," Janet Carlson, commissioner of Marion County, Ore., told the Associated Press. "I want to know who knew, when they knew, how long they had known this was going on."

The issue, however, isn't limited to one incinerator in Oregon: Aborted fetal tissue and other types of medical waste — amputated limbs, organs, cancerous tissue, bones and all manner of bodily fluids — are routinely burned for heat or electricity worldwide.

In March, the British public was shocked to learn that the bodies of thousands of miscarried and aborted fetuses had been incinerated, along with other waste, to heat hospitals.

https://www.livescience.com/45139-aborted-fetuses-burned-incinerated-medical-waste.html

Sounds like there is some truth to it perhaps.

I don't see an issue with it, but I can see why some people would have a negative reaction 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is like the lady who they brought to Ohio who put paperclips on her head to try and claim the vaccines turned her magnetic :lol:.

This was live, on tv, and a "witness testimony" at the Ohio State house.

:lol: OMG! What? I missed that! I heard crazy people claim the vaccines made them magnetic, but I didn't know someone tried to demonstrate it. O lord that sounds like something I would see on SNL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

:lol: OMG! What? I missed that! I heard crazy people claim the vaccines made them magnetic, but I didn't know someone tried to demonstrate it. O lord that sounds like something I would see on SNL.

Let me see if I can find the video again. Truly life is stranger than fiction haha

• Thanks 1

Here: @Katniss

At 1:15 is where the real fun starts lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Here: @Katniss

Thank you, Spartan max2. That was priceless! OMG! I love the pun MSNBC used  'Maybe it's just your magnetic personality?' :lol:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

:blink:

• Haha 1

Can I just say, that if the vaccines had made me magnetic, I would never lose my goshdarn car keys! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

We didn't vote for Biden as that would be whole other class of stooooooopid.

Just so ya know I didn't vote for Trump either time.

burn.....

Here's a Yahoo News LINK

And a word of caution... just because the speaker did not present evidence to back her claim does not mean she is wrong.

Soo…. Someone says something stupid/inflammatory and we get the inevitable “actually…” ignorant of the intent of the original statement.