Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mandela Effect Flip/Flops: My Flintstones/Flinstones Story Experienced Similarly by Another

papageorge1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

Yes in everyone else and not themselves.:tu:

Wrong. I am a believer in my fallibility and the Mandela Effect.

Edited by papageorge1

Next thing we're going to hear is people will say the Fonz's jacket has changed color. ;)

Edited by Trelane
  • Haha 4

Getting thread back on track.

The purpose of this new thread was to address the issue of people experiencing Mandela Effect weirdness while already aware of the Mandela Effect. 

Now we all accept human fallibility as a given here.

But for multiple well functioning people looking at the word "Flintstones" and looking slowly and cautiously  specifically for the 't' after 'Flin'  making a mistake multiple times is not something I consider within known fallibility. Something deeper that we don't understand seems to be going on.

If you look at the word 'Flintstones' right there slowly and cautiously how certain are you that there is a 't' after 'Flin'? For all practical purposes given time for as many double-checks as you need I think to say 100% certain is close enough.

Edited by papageorge1

I did a search on ME within the forum. Found 9 threads. 3 of which are PG's.

The first mention (I could find) was in May 2019. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The first mention (I could find) was in May 2019. 

Yeah, these stupid threads need to stop. Starting a new thread every time a certain someone has a memory fart isn't adding anything to the subject. Just put it in one of the old ones if you must retread a tired old hashed-out topic again and again.

The only reason this "flinstones" thing even exists is probably because they don't really pronounce the "t" in "flint" in the theme song. Kids hear the song and base how it is spelled on how it sounds. Kids don't think or care about how "flint" and "stones" goes together and makes sense grammatically, they just hear "flinstones" and go running around the neighborhood singing it without a care like the little fools they are.

Then they get older, confusingly realize it's actually "flintstones" and come here and act like the universe is pulling a fast one on them. Then they see the jiffy/jif and bearenstain stuff and it's on, they are obviously some kind of omnipotent multiverse traveler. You say it's just me having distorted memories from childhood on trivial details? No no, I'm obviously Doctor Strange. Heed me.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, moonman said:

Yeah, these stupid threads need to stop. Starting a new thread every time a certain someone has a memory fart isn't adding anything to the subject. Just put it in one of the old ones if you must retread a tired old hashed-out topic again and again.

Given the age of this forum you'd figure the numbers would be a lot higher. 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, papageorge1 said:

Every Mandela Effect believer believes in the fallibility of the mind. But after reading a hundred stories on a quirk with some trivial detail with people specifically concerned with that detail (as in the OP stories) it might just be time to look further.

Another makes no sense assertion.

All this shows is that people have imperfect memories. It also shows that people don't want to believe that their memories are wrong.

The ME is indistinguishable from memory errors.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 12:27 PM, papageorge1 said:

Oh, those things happen but are insufficient to explain the OP stories where someone's only interest is noticing the existence of one letter. And it's happened to many people. Time to start coming up with new theories for that one.

The ME is indistinguishable from memory errors. Some small group of people unwilling to admit to themselves that their memory is faulty just reveals human nature.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 3:51 PM, papageorge1 said:

I bet Berenstein and the cornucopia are in the millions each. No way to test people without mentioning the subject in the first place, I guess. These are minor things on the surface that no one is going to independently document for prosperity.

But this particular thread is about people having the experience while at the same time fully aware of what they are looking for. Casual observation can easily create errors. But I do not think normal functioning people would not be able to note the 't' in Flintstones if that is what they are slowly and cautiously looking for. That's the new evidence I want to discuss in this new thread. Perhaps re-read the OP.

Most people have the sensibility to admit an error. A few oddballs pretend their memory is not in error.

But these types of nuts are to be expected in a large population.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The ME is indistinguishable from memory errors. Some small group of people unwilling to admit to themselves that their memory is faulty just reveals human nature.

But, but, but Stereo old pal, the whole point of this OP was to show a case where memory error could not have been the cause. He was looking at the merchandise live while aware of the controversy. How does a memory error explanation fit this? He was looking at it live, not remembering it.

If you look at the word 'Flintstones' right there slowly and cautiously how certain are you that there is a 't' after 'Flin'? For all practical purposes given time for as many double-checks as you need I think to say 100% certain is close enough.

If it had been me I would have snapped a picture when I saw the label that said FLIN. Wonder why he didn’t, anyone ever ask on the other forum where this was posted. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But, but, but Stereo old pal, the whole point of this OP was to show a case where memory error could not have been the cause. He was looking at the merchandise live while aware of the controversy. How does a memory error explanation fit this? He was looking at it live, not remembering it.

Memory errors are memory errors. The ME is indistinguishable from memory errors.

All we have here is just a story and a poster that wants to be fooled.

• Like 2

Just now, stereologist said:

Memory errors are memory errors. The ME is indistinguishable from memory errors.

All we have here is just a story and a poster that wants to be fooled.

Stereo, you're indistinguishable from a broken record!!

On 5/22/2022 at 2:23 PM, XenoFish said:

No, wait ... didn't it used to be 10 threads?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Stereo, you're indistinguishable from a broken record!!

You are indistinguishable from a gullible fool.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yep. the big question for me now is how this is happening.

Are we seeing holographic overlays that can be placed and removed?? One far out there new agey source talks about 'holographic overlays' as being a thing controlled by higher beings. Time to start giving this stuff more serious attention.

For the Flintstones case this seems to fit better than changing timelines. And other MEs like Nelson Mandela's earlier death do suggest alternate timelines.

34 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Yep. the big question for me now is how this is happening.

Are we seeing holographic overlays that can be placed and removed?? One far out there new agey source talks about 'holographic overlays' as being a thing controlled by higher beings. Time to start giving this stuff more serious attention.

For the Flintstones case this seems to fit better than changing timelines. And other MEs like Nelson Mandela's earlier death do suggest alternate timelines.

How is this happening? Simple. You believe every stupid story. You have no rational filter.

This is just another story to fool the extremely gullible.

The real question of this thread is why people over the age of 12 would fall for this laughable fiction? Why are some people so easy to con. Here there is no theft, just making fun of people. But this sort of story intended to fool the simpleton is used to con people out f their money, their houses, their cars, their life savings and leaving them destitute.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

How is this happening? Simple. You believe every stupid story. You have no rational filter.

This is just another story to fool the extremely gullible.

The real question of this thread is why people over the age of 12 would fall for this laughable fiction? Why are some people so easy to con. Here there is no theft, just making fun of people. But this sort of story intended to fool the simpleton is used to con people out f their money, their houses, their cars, their life savings and leaving them destitute.

Do you think I or the person whose story is in the OP are out to con anyone?

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you think I or the person whose story is in the OP are out to con anyone?

The dumb story in the OP did con you. I can't imagine anyone about the age of 12 that would fall for that ludicrous story.

This incredibly stupid OP story just reveals how gullible people can be. It's just a lame story which only the most foolish would believe.

• Like 2

Look at this stupid comment:

I looked up at his original post all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'.

This is the sort of mindless magical thinking that makes the ME such a ludicrous joke.

I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus look back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously

How is anyone going to believe that ridiculous commentary?

Who looks away and looks back playing a game with a "static display". Real people do not, but someone writing a story to fool the extremely gullible fools describes an unreal scene which the foolish lap up with gusto.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Who looks away and looks back playing a game with a "static display".

People who need to get their vision checked, that's who. Thin letters tend to blend/disappear when your vision starts to go. I'm nearly 50, I have experience with exactly that. It sucks. Needing reading glasses sucks.

But wait - apparently it's not my eyes - it's the multiverse messing with me! Joy! Not my fault!

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This story about looking away and looking back is an old comedy stunt called a double take. In this case it a cinquo take or maybe even an ocho take.

And those with essentially zero idea of how the world works pretend to be sciency by tossing out "holographic".

The ME is about memory errors. And people try to support those failures on their part by demanding that they are sure about certain ideas, and that memory carries through correctly, but trivial unimportant issues do not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

The dumb story in the OP did con you. I can't imagine anyone about the age of 12 that would fall for that ludicrous story.

This incredibly stupid OP story just reveals how gullible people can be. It's just a lame story which only the most foolish would believe.

Why do you think the OP would take his own time to con us? Or me with my story by the way? Am I trying to con people with my story?

Stereo, you are making less and less sense as time goes on here. The mere suggestion of something beyond the normal ever happening seems to upset you in an irrational way.

2 hours ago, moonman said:

People who need to get their vision checked, that's who. Thin letters tend to blend/disappear when your vision starts to go. I'm nearly 50, I have experience with exactly that. It sucks. Needing reading glasses sucks.

But wait - apparently it's not my eyes - it's the multiverse messing with me! Joy! Not my fault!

f you look at the word 'Flintstones' right there slowly and cautiously how certain are you that there is a 't' after 'Flin'? For all practical purposes given time for as many double-checks as you need I think to say 100% certain is close enough.

23 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

If it had been me I would have snapped a picture when I saw the label that said FLIN. Wonder why he didn’t, anyone ever ask on the other forum where this was posted. 

He was asked that question:

Ha. Great question. Honestly, I simply didn't think about it. I was too in shock I suppose. Of course it occurred to me to do so later, but alas, it had already flipped back. The merchandise I looked at online at the time during the flip was just random stuff. Licensed t-shirts, lunchboxes, etc. on eBay and similar sites.

Here's the thread.   You will see many many people in that thread had just the same type of experiences with this missing 't'. Time to consider something weird is really going on? Holographic overlay??