Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mandela Effect Flip/Flops: My Flintstones/Flinstones Story Experienced Similarly by Another

papageorge1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't think their desire is to change our thinking in one dramatic swoop.

This doesn't square with other things the Forces That Be are OK with. Russia invades Ukraine. Lotsa thinking change there, all at once. Boris Johnson hoists a glass at a lockdown party while  forbidding families to attend their dying loved ones. Covid (more or less timed to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Spanish flu epidemic); big changes all at once.

But no, the top minds in the universe (universes?) are like: let's change the picture in some guy's underpants.

This is your theory. Do not have the nerve to say that other people's theories "make no sense."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe you are now saying we remember our direct observations wrong?? And I am saying when the whole reason we are staring at a word is to determine the existence of a specific letter in a specific place, the chance of mistake is infinitesimal. We were staring at it in shock. Why were we in shock? Or do we misremember that too?

We've already agreed that the human error explanation with the Mandela Effect can never be dismissed. It comes down to a judgment of reasonableness. And despite the huge home-field advantage to the inside-the-box explanations, they are unsatisfactory in my judgment. 

Not sure what more I can say

I just don't believe you. You've proved time and time again that you are untrustable.

The OP is clearly a boring fiction story. It's the sort of thing that only the foolish would fall for.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The ‘being primed’ idea is something I am aware of. I know my eyes and mind and I just can’t give that much of a chance. I was in a relaxed setting and despite my now much greater interest in the Mandela Effect I can say such an experience has never in my life happened before or since.

If interested I linked the thread above in my reply to SecretSanta where I took the OP story from. In fact it wasn’t the thread starter story there which was actually another case that flabbergasted seven people.

People tell all sorts of fiction online. They get their fun out of conning people. Who accepts these stories? People such as yourself that are extremely gullible and want to believe in absurdities.

Turns out that people that want to believe in strange things are prone to fantasies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_prone_personality

Fantasy prone personality (FPP) is a disposition or personality trait in which a person experiences a lifelong extensive and deep involvement in fantasy.[1] This disposition is an attempt, at least in part, to better describe "overactive imagination" or "living in a dream world".[2] An individual with this trait (termed a fantasizer) may have difficulty differentiating between fantasy and reality and may experience hallucinations, as well as self-suggested psychosomatic symptoms. Closely related psychological constructs include daydreaming, absorption and eidetic memory.

https://psychreel.com/fantasy-prone-personality/

There are people who spend most of their waking lives in their own fantasy worlds and sometimes visit reality as a mere guest. 

Research shows that around 4% of people devote half or even more than half of their waking hours to fantasy.

Compulsive fantasizers often create fantasy worlds known as ‘paracosms’ which are extremely detailed 

https://psychology.fandom.com/wiki/Fantasy_prone_personality#:~:text=A fantasy prone person is reported to spend,The fantasies may include dissociation and sexual fantasies.

A fantasy prone person is reported to spend a large portion of his or her time fantasizing, have vividly intense fantasies, have paranormal experiences, and have intense religious experiences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I would never expect a dramatic Mandela Effect just like I would not expect a mass alien landing on national television or anything. I think the powers that be have the wisdom to not knock over our reality view so suddenly probably because we are not ready but things do happen but gradually is the best way.

Now we don't know the purpose of changing trivial things like the Flinstones for some experiencers. One idea is to show those who are ready that we need a revised reality view while allowing the mainstream to still disregard it and not have their reality view toppled? (Those are the flip/flop type pf Mandela Effects). Those currently resistant to the ideas of a changing reality are not compelled to accept anything is amiss as long as these things are kept minor.

I don't think their desire is to change our thinking in one dramatic swoop.

Another idea it to merge timelines to speed up the positive progression of mankind and a few weird anomalies are allowed to occur as long as they are  minor and not earth shaking.

None of this makes sense - not even a little.

I love this idea of experiencers. They are basically people with bizarre ideas they cannot prove but adamantly exist are true.

This is all based on the demonstrably wrong belief that memory is not wrong.

It's all about fantasies and being a snowflake.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had been recently exposed to the concept of Manela's effect although i must report to have noticed prior, manifestations name and visual changes, but have always attributed those observations, to just memory faults.

Here is one of my latest, which occured at a time when my daughter watched Snow white; I expected to hear the usual Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Who’s the fairest of them all...  but instead I get to hear Magic Mirror on the wall . 

Well that is not what I remembered. I have however an advantage over:  English is not my first language. I went immediately to research the story in my native language Romanian. To my surprise the translation of the original story was exactly as I remember

Zi-mi, oglindă-oglinjoară,
Cine e cea mai
frumoasă din ţară?

It sounds like miror miror(diminutive), tell me who is the prettiest of all... notice the repetition of the word mirror? That ain't mistake . Not to mention the lack of proper translation to English that should have been" the snow white and the 7 dwarfs" 

I' ve just researched the story in German and the word mirror appears twice as it should be 

"Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand,
Wer ist die Schönste im ganzen Land?

So whomever is Messing up with worlds in N America , has an interesting reason....

Edited by qxcontinuum

20 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I had been recently exposed to the concept of Manela's effect although i must report to have noticed prior, manifestations name and visual changes, but have always attributed those observations, as memory faults.

Here is one of my latest, which occured when my daughter watched Snow white; I expected to hear the usual Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Who’s the fairest of them all...  but instead I get to hear Magic Mirror on the wall . 

Well that is not what I remembered. I have however an advantage over:  English is not my first language. I went immediately to research the story in my native language Romanian. To my surprise the translation of the original story was exactly as I remember

Cine e cea mai
frumoasă din ţară?

It sounds like miror miror(diminutive), tell me who is the prettiest of all... notice the repetition of the word mirror? That ain't mistake . Not to mention the lack of proper translation to English that should have been" the snow white and the 7 dwarfs" 

I' ve just researched the story in German and the word mirror appears twice as it should be 

So whomever is Messing up with worlds in N America , has an interesting reason....

There are different versions of the story in different languages. That has no bearing on the fact that the movie used the phrase Magic Mirror, not Mirror Mirror. The other confusing factor is that Disney used the words Mirror Mirror in the book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I just don't believe you. You've proved time and time again that you are untrustable.

The OP is clearly a boring fiction story. It's the sort of thing that only the foolish would fall for.

Correct , just found one version mentioning correctly mirror, Mirror... https://storiestogrowby.org/story/snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-bedtime-stories-for-kids/

So this confirms that these changes are human intervention not really supernatural...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now we don't know the purpose of changing trivial things like the Flinstones for some experiencers. One idea is to show those who are ready that we need a revised reality view while allowing the mainstream to still disregard it and not have their reality view toppled?

There are a couple things to unpack there.  First off, why would we need a revised reality view, what would humanity do with the information that MEs are not brain errors? We've talked many times about the implications of this situation and I don't think you've ever really fully digested or understood what the implications are for your theories (where you selectively assume that there is some stable reality somewhere upon which to base your reasoning), but non-brain-error MEs messes up reality, without more info it totally pulls the rug out from the idea of 'evidence', 'reason', etc.  I can agree in your imagined theory that were everyone to find out reality is changing that it could lead to chaos and perhaps the collapse of civilization depending on how widespread it was, we have lots of examples of poor souls with significant mental illnesses (we think) who simply cannot function because the reality in their head does not match the external one.

Second, your statement raises more skepticism red flags suggesting confirmation bias.  Many people want there to be something supernatural or UM-ish going on in reality, and many people within that group want that partly because it makes them feel special because they have esoteric knowledge that the masses don't.  Makes one wonder if that isn't factoring into your 'best judgment', you are one of the special, strong, 'ready' people who can handle a revised reality unlike others who would be too disturbed by it.  I don't mean this specifically as a personal criticism of you, you're not alone in this, but it is another thing that someone who is actually familiar with skepticism, which you have claimed, would immediately notice.  A desire for something to be true may be one of the most corrupting influences on our reasoning and no one is immune (although not everyone seems to be as susceptible as others), but when 'best judgment' is all the argument that can be mustered for your ideas this desire can especially be an issue.

I see no grounds for thinking there is some 'powers that be' that want something for humanity, you just made that up.  It also doesn't sit well with your invocation of things like, 'even physicists have suggested that there are perhaps multiple timelines/universes'; that is based on implications of science, and these scientists have said nothing about it implying there are sentient 'powers that be'.  But you selectively excise certain ideas from their statements so that you can somewhat appeal to 'science' but leave out or don't investigate things from these same scientists that may not agree with you.  Any god in a storm I guess.

Another idea it to merge timelines to speed up the positive progression of mankind

Speed up the positive progression of mankind in which timeline?  Aren't there already timelines where we've nuked ourselves to extinction already?

and a few weird anomalies are allowed to occur as long as they are  minor and not earth shaking

"This porridge is juuuust right" - Goldilocks

• Like 6

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The merchandise I looked at online at the time during the flip was just random stuff. Licensed t-shirts, lunchboxes, etc. on eBay and similar sites.

There you have it: "Licensed t-shirts".

Perhaps his add-blocker had a bad t-day.

:w00t:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

There you have it: "Licensed t-shirts".

Perhaps his add-blocker had a bad t-day.

:w00t:

But it should be licenced .....

Maybe the ME is real after all - and the proof in the pudding lies in American mis-spellings of common words like labour, licence, suphur, grey, analyse etc :o

• Like 3

4 hours ago, eight bits said:

This doesn't square with other things the Forces That Be are OK with. Russia invades Ukraine. Lotsa thinking change there, all at once. Boris Johnson hoists a glass at a lockdown party while  forbidding families to attend their dying loved ones. Covid (more or less timed to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Spanish flu epidemic); big changes all at once.

Those things are all precedented and examples of already known human and nature behavior.

Aliens or reality not being a fixed thing would be fundamental new fundamental change that needs to be brought in slowly to avoid reality upheaval.

But no, the top minds in the universe (universes?) are like: let's change the picture in some guy's underpants.

Underpants labels are a very minor thing. The fact that reality is not this fixed thing we assume it to be is of monumental philosophical paradigm changing importance. That needs to be handled delicately.

This is your theory. Do not have the nerve to say that other people's theories "make no sense."

I typically here do not see other inside-the-box explanations 'make no sense'. I say they seem inadequate to explain the full range of events we are dealing with in these strong cases.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I had been recently exposed to the concept of Manela's effect although i must report to have noticed prior, manifestations name and visual changes, but have always attributed those observations, to just memory faults.

Here is one of my latest, which occured at a time when my daughter watched Snow white; I expected to hear the usual Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Who’s the fairest of them all...  but instead I get to hear Magic Mirror on the wall . 

Cine e cea mai
frumoasă din ţară?

'Mirror, mirror on the wall' was a certain part of my childhood too.

'Magic mirror'? Something out there trying to subtly throw some magic into the world?

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

The other confusing factor is that Disney used the words Mirror Mirror in the book.

Do you know what the current books say?

2 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Correct , just found one version mentioning correctly mirror, Mirror... https://storiestogrowby.org/story/snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-bedtime-stories-for-kids/

So this confirms that these changes are human intervention not really supernatural...

I thought it was good of you to investigate the story. :tu:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Wait, many claim the movie used to say 'Mirror, mirror' but now says 'Magic mirror'. That would be inexplicable in our straightforward understanding of reality, right? That is a memory issue no one can never prove right or wrong so it's always an opinion. Watching the movie as a kid I remember 'Mirror, mirror' but for me I am not claiming this to be one of my stronger Mandela Effects; it's just a seemingly one for me. I never heard 'Magic mirror' ever until I learned of this Mandela Effect controversy.

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Those things are all precedented and examples of already known human and nature behavior.

Aliens or reality not being a fixed thing would be fundamental new fundamental change that needs to be brought in slowly to avoid reality upheaval.

Underpants labels are a very minor thing. The fact that reality is not this fixed thing we assume it to be is of monumental philosophical paradigm changing importance. That needs to be handled delicately.

I typically here do not see other inside-the-box explanations 'make no sense'. I say they seem inadequate to explain the full range of events we are dealing with in these strong cases.

And misspellings are not?

There is no evidence for any of your delusional ME claims. The evidence is very clear that there never ever was a cornucopia in the FOTL logo. Your stories are just your bad memory.

And there are no strong cases. That is just a blatant lie you like to post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you know what the current books say?

Does it matter if both Magic Mirror and  Mirror Mirror are in common use?

Again you fail miserably.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Wait, many claim the movie used to say 'Mirror, mirror' but now says 'Magic mirror'. That would be inexplicable in our straightforward understanding of reality, right? That is a memory issue no one can never prove right or wrong so it's always an opinion. Watching the movie as a kid I remember 'Mirror, mirror' but for me I am not claiming this to be one of my stronger Mandela Effects; it's just a seemingly one for me. I never heard 'Magic mirror' ever until I learned of this Mandela Effect controversy.

Again memory errors. Thanks for pointing out the fallibility of human memory. And you continue to point out how untrustworthy your own memory is. Please continue to reinforce how untrustworthy your memory is

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I never heard 'Magic mirror' ever until I learned of this Mandela Effect controversy.

Just wait. Wait for years. At some point you'll have forgotten you read about it here for the first time.

And then your ME effect will start rolling...

• Like 3

It has been pointed out that the sound track of the movie isn't that good and the words are hard to hear and people could think it said mirror when in fact the queen says magic. The entity in the mirror is the slave in the magic mirror, not the slave in the mirror.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

There are a couple things to unpack there.  First off, why would we need a revised reality view, what would humanity do with the information that MEs are not brain errors? We've talked many times about the implications of this situation and I don't think you've ever really fully digested or understood what the implications are for your theories (where you selectively assume that there is some stable reality somewhere upon which to base your reasoning), but non-brain-error MEs messes up reality, without more info it totally pulls the rug out from the idea of 'evidence', 'reason', etc.  I can agree in your imagined theory that were everyone to find out reality is changing that it could lead to chaos and perhaps the collapse of civilization depending on how widespread it was, we have lots of examples of poor souls with significant mental illnesses (we think) who simply cannot function because the reality in their head does not match the external one.

Well if reality was never really was this hard fixed thing we assume it to be, then I want to know it. I want to know anything that's true, even if that means my mind is at first boggled. I am one that is fascinated by knowing reality is not the hard fixed thing we assume in our day-to-day living, BUT at the same time I can go on conducting all my worldly affairs just the same as before. Maybe others would have an existential crisis, I don't know. 

The hard fixed reality concept works perfectly fine essentially all the time (with the rarest rarest exceptions that at one level can be reduced to only minor curiosities).

Second, your statement raises more skepticism red flags suggesting confirmation bias.  Many people want there to be something supernatural or UM-ish going on in reality, and many people within that group want that partly because it makes them feel special because they have esoteric knowledge that the masses don't.  Makes one wonder if that isn't factoring into your 'best judgment', you are one of the special, strong, 'ready' people who can handle a revised reality unlike others who would be too disturbed by it.  I don't mean this specifically as a personal criticism of you, you're not alone in this, but it is another thing that someone who is actually familiar with skepticism, which you have claimed, would immediately notice.  A desire for something to be true may be one of the most corrupting influences on our reasoning and no one is immune (although not everyone seems to be as susceptible as others), but when 'best judgment' is all the argument that can be mustered for your ideas this desire can especially be an issue.

Yes, I understand a desire to believe the exotic can lead one onwards too fast and that is something that goes into my 'all things considered'. So, a skeptical mind has to slow down and give great home-field advantage to explanations inside-the-box. When I review and review and review all the arguments for the Berenstein, Cornucopia, etcetera changing along with my own personal Flinstones experience I have to, while being as fair as I can, (because I also fear deceiving myself), believe from the cumulative weight of the evidence that there is no satisfactory inside-the-box explanation for all this. That is a dramatic statement I know not to take lightly.

Now an even more hardened skeptic can continue to level the charge of bias against the believers. The only comeback for the believer is to say I understand that accusation but let's review the facts once again as fair-mindedly as possible.

I see no grounds for thinking there is some 'powers that be' that want something for humanity, you just made that up.  It also doesn't sit well with your invocation of things like, 'even physicists have suggested that there are perhaps multiple timelines/universes'; that is based on implications of science, and these scientists have said nothing about it implying there are sentient 'powers that be'.  But you selectively excise certain ideas from their statements so that you can somewhat appeal to 'science' but leave out or don't investigate things from these same scientists that may not agree with you.  Any god in a storm I guess.

Speed up the positive progression of mankind in which timeline?  Aren't there already timelines where we've nuked ourselves to extinction already?

Now we are on to the speculation assuming the Mandela Effect is true.

From a human perspective we are dumbfounded to explain this from our human perspective. Even our best science cannot give us much of any explanation for the missing cornucopia beyond confused memory. 

I personally believe there are those that can channel or clairvoyantly perceive things from  a beyond human perspective. In my opinion that is the best sources of information I have yet heard on this subject and that is where much of my speculative thinking originates. Nothing else has really even touched on other explanations for all this beyond denial.

Ever notice how this mandela nonsense is almost always something kiddie related or happened when we were kids? Peanut butter, kids books, cartoons, stuff that happened in the 80's. Stuff before the internet. It never happens anymore, or to serious things that actually matter.

If you don't understand why that's a huge red flag....then you've got serious comprehension issues.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well if reality was never really was this hard fixed thing we assume it to be, then I want to know it.

That's a different question, I'm talking about the implications of you suspecting sentient powers that be who you think might be doling out clues to those who can handle it, and their motivations.  Unless you are saying they are doling these ME clues out just because people want to know the truth, the above is a different topic.

When I review and review and review all the arguments for the Berenstein, Cornucopia, etcetera changing along with my own personal Flinstones experience I have to, while being as fair as I can, (because I also fear deceiving myself), believe from the cumulative weight of the evidence that there is no satisfactory inside-the-box explanation for all this. That is a dramatic statement I know not to take lightly.

You don't review and review 'the arguments', you review and review a bunch of testimonials, I see little evidence you have done much review of psychology and definitely not skepticism despite your claims.  It might be a 'dramatic' statement but it's more proximately an ignorant statement, you literally are ignorant, like most of us, of psychology.

Even our best science cannot give us much of any explanation for the missing cornucopia beyond confused memory. 

That's the only explanation needed by science as it fully addresses all of your existing evidence.  Your protests that you don't believe a specific case is explained by false memory, or perceptual issues, might as well as be faith-based, otherwise you would be providing the scientific justification from your numerous reviews why a particular case is not a false memory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's a different question, I'm talking about the implications of you suspecting sentient powers that be who you think might be doling out clues to those who can handle it, and their motivations.  Unless you are saying they are doling these ME clues out just because people want to know the truth, the above is a different topic.

I was speculating on why my Flinstones experience occurred contrary to every other experience in my life. Considering new things is now warranted. That I was shown 'this is real' is only my strongest suspicion at this time. The next century of thought is perhaps being introduced slowly. Notice I am including the words 'perhaps' and 'best speculation'.

11 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

You don't review and review 'the arguments', you review and review a bunch of testimonials, I see little evidence you have done much review of psychology and definitely not skepticism despite your claims.  It might be a 'dramatic' statement but it's more proximately an ignorant statement, you literally are ignorant, like most of us, of psychology.

I've listened to everything I have come across from the psychological world and have heard many things that show the fallibility of memory and I accept these things as explaining a great number of typical memory errors. But in my study of the Mandela Effect why have I not heard put forth much of an effort towards a convincing argument for the missing cornucopia. Why in all my time have I failed to see any significant discussion by the memory psychologists on this particular issue and address the arguments from the believers that current explanations are unsatisfactory to explain the full body of claims. I would love to see them present a response to this. I've looked and have never found anything. For example, where do I find a memory psychologist that discusses Flute of the Loom or a dozen other interesting things. I can't find it. The Mandela Effect is an understudied field apparently.

21 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That's the only explanation needed by science as it fully addresses all of your existing evidence.  Your protests that you don't believe a specific case is explained by false memory, or perceptual issues, might as well as be faith-based, otherwise you would be providing the scientific justification from your numerous reviews why a particular case is not a false memory.

If you find the confused memory explanation satisfactory for all the strongest evidence, then you are done here. I on the other hand am listening and waiting for even an addressing of the strongest evidence. 

This is the opening post to the thread from which I got the story in this OP.

I have a core memory of being in class in grade 8 (4/5 years ago), and it was lunch break so most of my friends were eating in the classroom and playing games. I specifically remember introducing my friends to the Mandela Effect that day (which i had discovered only a few days prior), and i showed them on the smart board that FlinTstones had changed Flinstones (no T), and we were talking about how it made no sense considering it’s a play on Flint, the mineral, and all our minds were blown. All of us (around 7 of us) remember this moment distinctly, as we all got interested in the ME after that. However, recently we noticed that it was FlinTstones again and had a little “WTF” moment, because we all remembered seeing it as Flinstones (no T) on that same day all those years ago.