Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mandela Effect Flip/Flops: My Flintstones/Flinstones Story Experienced Similarly by Another


papageorge1
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

And those with essentially zero idea of how the world works pretend to be sciency by tossing out "holographic".

 

OT but in every case they totally fail to understand what is meant by a "holographic universe" and think it means a Star Trek style simulation :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

Who looks away and looks back playing a game with a "static display". 

Story makes perfect sense. I read the person's reply and then went back up to quote it in my reply back to him and noticed it was now different. Then each time I looked away and came back it flipped again. It happened. No reason to con anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why do you think the OP would take his own time to con us? Or me with my story by the way? Am I trying to con people with my story?

Stereo, you are making less and less sense as time goes on here. The mere suggestion of something beyond the normal ever happening seems to upset you in an irrational way.

You fell for this dumb story. You were conned. Great. You continue to make no sense at all.

Here is another ridiculous idea of zero value: "Why do you think the OP would take his own time to con us?"  To make fun of the gullible of course.

You post nothing but irrational tripe with zero evidence.

And another ridiculous comment: "The mere suggestion of something beyond the normal ever happening seems to upset you in an irrational way."

The universe is full of interesting and unusual events and phenomena. The ME is nothing but memory errors which people try to support by telling lies.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

He was asked that question:

Ha. Great question. Honestly, I simply didn't think about it. I was too in shock I suppose. Of course it occurred to me to do so later, but alas, it had already flipped back. The merchandise I looked at online at the time during the flip was just random stuff. Licensed t-shirts, lunchboxes, etc. on eBay and similar sites.

 

Here's the thread.   You will see many many people in that thread had just the same type of experiences with this missing 't'. Time to consider something weird is really going on? Holographic overlay??

 

There is no end to the depths of which people will stoop to try and support some idiotic story.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Essan said:

OT but in every case they totally fail to understand what is meant by a "holographic universe" and think it means a Star Trek style simulation :lol:

As I keep pointing out those proposing absurd solutions to this nonexistent ME have no idea what they are posting.

A while back papageorge1 offered to post a "scientific" woo site. Almost nothing on the site was correct as I recall. Why did papageorge1 not spot these glaring errors? Because papgeorge1 apparently has basically no understanding of the way that the universe works.

This stupidity about words changing on a computer screen should tell all of us that there is zero understanding of how words appear on a screen.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Story makes perfect sense. I read the person's reply and then went back up to quote it in my reply back to him and noticed it was now different. Then each time I looked away and came back it flipped again. It happened. No reason to con anyone.

The story is absurd. It is completely BS.

You have a long history of being untrustable and now you reinforce that.

Your bias is trusting sources and not verifying the correctness of the information.

Woo feigns legitimacy by borrowing words from math and science and often using them so incorrectly that it makes people even with a basic knowledge o the word smirk at the clumsy misuse of the terms.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ME is a joke. It is about memory issues. Even this dolt of a story about flip flopping is really about memory issues.

You have a situation in inconsequential issues to the subject seem not to be right. Does the name have a 't' in it or not? Does it really matter? No. But, people take this trivial issue and pretend that "something was trying to wake me up" as if there was agency at play.

Now this clown in the story takes a long time, over 45 seconds, by their account, to check 4 words. They do this 6 or 7 times. You'd wonder if this clown would improve their time after doing this repeatedly. Apparently, getting better at a repetitive task is not one of this clown's abilities. Face it, the whole story is a joke and only the most gullible fools would trust this incredibly stupid story.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, papageorge1 said:

But, but, but Stereo old pal, the whole point of this OP was to show a case where memory error could not have been the cause. He was looking at the merchandise live while aware of the controversy. How does a memory error explanation fit this? He was looking at it live, not remembering it.

Then it was a perceptual error, lots of psychological material on that phenomenon too.  If you were to tell your story to a psychologist, what do you think they would say?  Do you really think they'd say that there's simply no likely or reasonable explanation for your experience?  

Quote

That’s the point. It makes no sense but the flip happens anyway. 

We've talked about this before but it is precisely things that 'make no sense' to you that you are using as reason to not believe obvious psychological explanations, which I'm sorry you seem very incurious about.  But now 'it makes no sense' doesn't matter if it's your theory that makes no sense.

This isn't just an issue that 'Flin' on its own makes no sense, it's that it makes no sense within the context of the cartoon.  Almost every other character in the show that has a first and last name has a reference to a rock:  Flintstone, Rubble, Gary Granite, Joe Rockhead, Gus Gravel, etc.  'Flin' makes no sense in this context so odds are very good that this is just an issue with the fallibility of memory, a concept you assure us you so willingly accept.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Then it was a perceptual error, lots of psychological material on that phenomenon too.  If you were to tell your story to a psychologist, what do you think they would say?  Do you really think they'd say that there's simply no likely or reasonable explanation for your experience?  

If you look at the word 'Flintstones' right there slowly and cautiously how certain are you that there is a 't' after 'Flin'? For all practical purposes given time for as many double-checks as you need I think to say 100% certain is close enough.

I bet we would find professional psychologists that would leave the question open.

21 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

We've talked about this before but it is precisely things that 'make no sense' to you that you are using as reason to not believe obvious psychological explanations, which I'm sorry you seem very incurious about.  But now 'it makes no sense' doesn't matter if it's your theory that makes no sense.

I'm actually highly interested in all possible inside-the-box explanations. I am not interested in wasting my time believing falsities. The unsatisfactory nature of these explanations in the strongest ME cases is why I am a believer that something outside-the-box is occurring.

21 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

 

This isn't just an issue that 'Flin' on its own makes no sense, it's that it makes no sense within the context of the cartoon.  Almost every other character in the show that has a first and last name has a reference to a rock:  Flintstone, Rubble, Gary Granite, Joe Rockhead, Gus Gravel, etc.  'Flin' makes no sense in this context so odds are very good that this is just an issue with the fallibility of memory, a concept you assure us you so willingly accept.

Please re-read my experience. When I had my experience, I was in the skeptic camp arguing that 'Flin' just makes no sense in a show with 'stone' themed names. And then it happened to me anyway. 

Your level of certainty that there is a 't' in my above example is about my level of certainty on my experience. And if it was just me, I would be a little more suspect. But with many others flabergoogled too ......I can only apply me best reasoning.

Edited by papageorge1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Why do you think the OP would take his own time to con us? Or me with my story by the way? Am I trying to con people with my story?

Stereo, you are making less and less sense as time goes on here. The mere suggestion of something beyond the normal ever happening seems to upset you in an irrational way.

You are the OP.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You are the OP.

Haha....most of the time I say...'OP story'...We already know the OP (me) is no con man!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Haha....most of the time I say...'OP story'...We already know the OP (me) is no con man!

I'm not so sure about that. You post a lot of laughable rubbish such as this story.

A check took less than a second, but the clown in the OP took 40 seconds to check 4 words.

Quote

If you look at the word 'Flintstones' right there slowly and cautiously how certain are you that there is a 't' after 'Flin'? For all practical purposes given time for as many double-checks as you need I think to say 100% certain is close enough.

And this is just baloney. You are dismissive of clear, fact based explanations. And your close minded dismissiveness is just being a naysayer to well established studies of the workings of the human mind. When asked why, you throw out some term but never actually back up why you are closed minded.

Quote

I'm actually highly interested in all possible inside-the-box explanations. I am not interested in wasting my time believing falsities. The unsatisfactory nature of these explanations in the strongest ME cases is why I am a believer that something outside-the-box is occurring.

The simplest explanation for your pretend reasoning is that you have no actual reason for rejecting an explanation. You simply are close minded while pretending that words you don't understand might trick others.They don't.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The story in the OP is obviously fiction. It isn't even an entertaining read.

This is just someone that wants some momentary fame by claiming that they have witnessed ME, or BF, been alien abducted, or seen Jesus in a bowl of spaghetti.

Their story might trick a few simpletons. The rest of the population recognizes it for the malarkey it is.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If you look at the word 'Flintstones' right there slowly and cautiously how certain are you that there is a 't' after 'Flin'?

Very positive.  Are you seeing the 't' disappear right now?  I don't think so, which means we're dealing with your memory.

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Please re-read my experience. When I had my experience, I was in the skeptic camp arguing that 'Flin' just makes no sense in a show with 'stone' themed names. And then it happened to me anyway. 

So?  I didn't accuse you of being a non-skeptic at the time of the experience.  Sounds like you are then not in the skeptic camp any longer, and that's the only person we have left to provide testimony now, so noting that you thought of yourself as a skeptic then is irrelevant.

The fact that this doesn't make sense is an important point and is evidence your perception and/or memory is off.  'Flin' simply makes no sense, it's not a common prefix or anything, how was this name chosen in the reality you think you are remembering/having access to?  The 'strongest' MEs are still horribly weak but at least a cornucopia fits well with the existing logo, 'Berenstein' makes sense since a '-stain' suffix showing up almost nowhere in any other names, we have reasons why in another reality these were the way they supposedly were, they make sense. 

Now you're just waving away the exact thing you base your belief of MEs on:  things not making sense.  It doesn't make sense to you, with no training in psychology of course, why so many people would remember a cornucopia for FotL if there's nothing outside-the-box going on.  Now you have the opposite situation, it doesn't make sense that your perception was accurate because Flin makes no sense in any proximate reality.  But now apparently since the 'doesn't make sense' is against the idea of an ME, you disregard it and you still are defaulting to ME as an explanation.  This is a double standard, it's illogical, so there's no reason to appeal to your own certainty since you've shown there's not much reason to think it represents what actually occurred.

What doesn't make sense about the idea that your memory or perception was in error here?  The evidence of how certain you feel about it?  Do you have something from experts saying that how certain someone is correlates to how accurate they are?

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Your level of certainty that there is a 't' in my above example is about my level of certainty on my experience.

Then you are definitely not very interested in 'in-the-box' explanations if you're not noting the important difference between the two experiences (hint:  starts with an 'm' and has already been mentioned in this post).  Level of certainty means zero, there are plenty of examples of people who are very certain about something false so doesn't matter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Very positive.  Are you seeing the 't' disappear right now?  I don't think so, which means we're dealing with your memory.

So?  I didn't accuse you of being a non-skeptic at the time of the experience.  Sounds like you are then not in the skeptic camp any longer, and that's the only person we have left to provide testimony now, so noting that you thought of yourself as a skeptic then is irrelevant.

The fact that this doesn't make sense is an important point and is evidence your perception and/or memory is off.  'Flin' simply makes no sense, it's not a common prefix or anything, how was this name chosen in the reality you think you are remembering/having access to?  The 'strongest' MEs are still horribly weak but at least a cornucopia fits well with the existing logo, 'Berenstein' makes sense since a '-stain' suffix showing up almost nowhere in any other names, we have reasons why in another reality these were the way they supposedly were, they make sense. 

Now you're just waving away the exact thing you base your belief of MEs on:  things not making sense.  It doesn't make sense to you, with no training in psychology of course, why so many people would remember a cornucopia for FotL if there's nothing outside-the-box going on.  Now you have the opposite situation, it doesn't make sense that your perception was accurate because Flin makes no sense in any proximate reality.  But now apparently since the 'doesn't make sense' is against the idea of an ME, you disregard it and you still are defaulting to ME as an explanation.  This is a double standard, it's illogical, so there's no reason to appeal to your own certainty since you've shown there's not much reason to think it represents what actually occurred.

What doesn't make sense about the idea that your memory or perception was in error here?  The evidence of how certain you feel about it?  Do you have something from experts saying that how certain someone is correlates to how accurate they are?

Then you are definitely not very interested in 'in-the-box' explanations if you're not noting the important difference between the two experiences (hint:  starts with an 'm' and has already been mentioned in this post).  Level of certainty means zero, there are plenty of examples of people who are very certain about something false so doesn't matter.

When you saw the ‘t’ in my example you were not using memory but using direct observation. So I’m not seeing why the memory error explanation is still your go-to insistence on my and the OP person’s experiences. Now observational error by by me, the OP story person and many many others can never be ruled out.

Just as you replied ‘very positive’ we all are similarly ‘very positive’ in our observations. All of us being wrong in our observation when we are very very aware of what we are looking for stretches my belief and I’ll leave the issue as ‘beyond reasonable doubt’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

When you saw the ‘t’ in my example you were not using memory but using direct observation. So I’m not seeing why the memory error explanation is still your go-to insistence on my and the OP person’s experiences. Now observational error by by me, the OP story person and many many others can never be ruled out.

Just as you replied ‘very positive’ we all are similarly ‘very positive’ in our observations. All of us being wrong in our observation when we are very very aware of what we are looking for stretches my belief and I’ll leave the issue as ‘beyond reasonable doubt’.

Clearly the OP story is fiction. It's a joke that fooled you.

I like it when you pretend that there are many people. You wrote "All of us being wrong"  So far it is 2 people telling a ludicrous story.

Frankly, you've made it abundantly clear you are not a trustable person.

Other stupid stories I see posted online:

  • I saw the Moon move quickly around the sky
  • I am an alien
  • I am from the future - a time traveler
  • I feed bigfoot regularly at my back door
  • I can remote view
  • I can move things with my mind
  • An alien raped my weedwacker

The sad part is that there are people that believe these stories too.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

When you saw the ‘t’ in my example you were not using memory but using direct observation.

Exactly, that's why I don't know why you asked the question of how confident I am there is a 't' in Flintstones right now, that's not an apt comparison to your situation which is a memory marinated in and likely biased by your strong belief in MEs.  That stands out also in the testimonial from the guy who went to Walgreen's, he seemed way 'into MEs' before this occurred, as a skeptic like yourself I'm sure has already recognized and understands the potential implications of.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

So I’m not seeing why the memory error explanation is still your go-to insistence on my and the OP person’s experiences.

Because that is how we define 'memory error', that is how experts define memory error, it is the situation where a person's memory does not match reality.  You are not providing evidence that it is not a memory error, you are providing a lot of evidence that people won't believe they have memory/perceptual errors.  Although since I think in your story you were looking at a screen I'd say it's possible there's something going on with your computer. 

To me just reading it the 't' seems like an easy thing to miss, 'lint' is essentially a series of straight vertical lines right next to each other, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something about that being some kind of impetus for a perceptual illusion.  You of course have already thoroughly researched in-the-box explanations so maybe you know...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Essan said:

OT but in every case they totally fail to understand what is meant by a "holographic universe" and think it means a Star Trek style simulation :lol:

Also: Quantum entanglement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Exactly, that's why I don't know why you asked the question of how confident I am there is a 't' in Flintstones right now, that's not an apt comparison to your situation which is a memory marinated in and likely biased by your strong belief in MEs.  That stands out also in the testimonial from the guy who went to Walgreen's, he seemed way 'into MEs' before this occurred, as a skeptic like yourself I'm sure has already recognized and understands the potential implications of.

Because that is how we define 'memory error', that is how experts define memory error, it is the situation where a person's memory does not match reality.  You are not providing evidence that it is not a memory error, you are providing a lot of evidence that people won't believe they have memory/perceptual errors.  Although since I think in your story you were looking at a screen I'd say it's possible there's something going on with your computer. 

To me just reading it the 't' seems like an easy thing to miss, 'lint' is essentially a series of straight vertical lines right next to each other, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something about that being some kind of impetus for a perceptual illusion.  You of course have already thoroughly researched in-the-box explanations so maybe you know...

Maybe you are now saying we remember our direct observations wrong?? And I am saying when the whole reason we are staring at a word is to determine the existence of a specific letter in a specific place, the chance of mistake is infinitesimal. We were staring at it in shock. Why were we in shock? Or do we misremember that too?

We've already agreed that the human error explanation with the Mandela Effect can never be dismissed. It comes down to a judgment of reasonableness. And despite the huge home-field advantage to the inside-the-box explanations, they are unsatisfactory in my judgment. 

Not sure what more I can say

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why were we in shock?

Because you were primed to be, you were looking for it, and you were on a forum discussing it where both spellings were being used.  Sounds like a good scenario for confusion, and I don't think it's a stretch to say that even if you weren't consciously seeking it at the time that you did want to have an ME experience.  This is Skepticism 101 stuff, you really haven't looked much at all at the in-the-box explanations have you?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Because you were primed to be, you were looking for it, and you were on a forum discussing it where both spellings were being used.  Sounds like a good scenario for confusion, and I don't think it's a stretch to say that even if you weren't consciously seeking it at the time that you did want to have an ME experience.  This is Skepticism 101 stuff, you really haven't looked much at all at the in-the-box explanations have you?

The ‘being primed’ idea is something I am aware of. I know my eyes and mind and I just can’t give that much of a chance. I was in a relaxed setting and despite my now much greater interest in the Mandela Effect I can say such an experience has never in my life happened before or since.

If interested I linked the thread above in my reply to SecretSanta where I took the OP story from. In fact it wasn’t the thread starter story there which was actually another case that flabbergasted seven people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@papageorge1 Why do you think word MEs only occur with words that could easily be confused or just slightly deviate (e.g. by a letter or dash) from how you expect them to have been spelled? Do these MEs only happen with words that are relatively well-known to the public or can there be more personal MEs such as your written/video diary recording of what happened a few days ago now being different? Are there any MEs along the lines of a Youtube video that many people watched suddenly having different content than people remembered and hasn't been reuploaded? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, csspwns said:

@papageorge1 Why do you think word MEs only occur with words that could easily be confused or just slightly deviate (e.g. by a letter or dash) from how you expect them to have been spelled? 

Well Flintstones is clearly correct and Flinstones is clearly wrong. But the flip happened anyway. We'd have to discuss each one individually. The 'Why' is beyond our perspective to see but I think the forces to be would never allow anything too dramatic.

5 minutes ago, csspwns said:

Do these MEs only happen with words that are relatively well-known to the public or can there be more personal MEs such as your written/video diary recording of what happened a few days ago now being different?

I think it's both. The popular name ones are called Mandela Effects and the individuals are more called 'glitches in the matrix'.

6 minutes ago, csspwns said:

 Are there any MEs along the lines of a Youtube video that many people watched suddenly having different content than people remembered and hasn't been reuploaded? 

Never heard of one of those but at this point I would call it possible. Famous movie ones are called Mandela Effects (for lack of a better term at this time).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The 'Why' is beyond our perspective to see but I think the forces to be would never allow anything too dramatic.

That's the pattern for now, nothing too dramatic is happening with any of these MEs or glitches in the matrix. But why do you think "the forces to be would never allow anything too dramatic?" Do you think that as time goes on these glitches/flips would become increasingly more dramatic rather than the relatively unremarkable status quo IMO? More dramatic is the only way they can proceed and change after all, to the point where people like me would have to give in that something extraordinary is really happening. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, csspwns said:

That's the pattern for now, nothing too dramatic is happening with any of these MEs or glitches in the matrix. But why do you think "the forces to be would never allow anything too dramatic?" Do you think that as time goes on these glitches/flips would become increasingly more dramatic rather than the relatively unremarkable status quo IMO? More dramatic is the only way they can proceed and change after all, to the point where people like me would have to give in that something extraordinary is really happening. 

I would never expect a dramatic Mandela Effect just like I would not expect a mass alien landing on national television or anything. I think the powers that be have the wisdom to not knock over our reality view so suddenly probably because we are not ready but things do happen but gradually is the best way.

Now we don't know the purpose of changing trivial things like the Flinstones for some experiencers. One idea is to show those who are ready that we need a revised reality view while allowing the mainstream to still disregard it and not have their reality view toppled? (Those are the flip/flop type pf Mandela Effects). Those currently resistant to the ideas of a changing reality are not compelled to accept anything is amiss as long as these things are kept minor.

I don't think their desire is to change our thinking in one dramatic swoop.

Another idea it to merge timelines to speed up the positive progression of mankind and a few weird anomalies are allowed to occur as long as they are  minor and not earth shaking.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.