Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BLM Founder Responds to Claims of Donation Misuse

Paranoid Android

BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors says her mistakes with ‘white guilt money’ were weaponized against her

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said that when $90 million in “white guilt money” came pouring into the organization’s coffers after the murder of George Floyd, the group had no infrastructure in place to handle the flood of cash — and now the mistakes made are being “weaponized” against her.

“I’m a human being that has made mistakes that want to change, want to challenge those mistakes and want to learn from those mistakes,” Cullors told the host of MSNBC’s “Into America” podcast Monday. “And I think what’s been hard is feeling like there isn’t room and space for that.”

The beleaguered former executive director of the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation also addressed allegations that she had personally benefited from the donations by purchasing homes for herself, including a $6 million property in Los Angeles, which included a seven-bedroom mansion, a pool, a soundstage and a garden.

Full article - https://nypost.com/2022/05/18/blm-co-founder-patrisse-cullors-says-white-guilt-money-mistakes-weaponized-against-her/

One part of the article I found particularly interesting: "I should have taken a salary from Black Lives Matter because it would be less confusing for people", Cullors said.... That is new information to me, I had no idea she was not receiving a salary from BLM. By "be less confusing for people" I assume she means "tax records would demonstrate where BLM is spending the money", but I admit that's me reading into the story. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

A salary? Yea it’s funny how all that money is going in her pockets instead of what it was designed to be used for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

One part of the article I found particularly interesting: "I should have taken a salary from Black Lives Matter because it would be less confusing for people", Cullors said.... That is new information to me, I had no idea she was not receiving a salary from BLM. By "be less confusing for people" I assume she means "tax records would demonstrate where BLM is spending the money", but I admit that's me reading into the story. 

Yeah, if you actually read what she did, like buying million dollar homes... She says she just didn't understand? Really? Didn't know not to spend millions on oneself when you're an educated head of a global foundation. 

Blatant corruption is what it is.

Was she planning on taking a multiple million dollar salary? That would look just as bad IMHO. 

• Like 7

'white guilt money'.........white sucker money more like. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

'white guilt money'.........sucker money more like. 

And it was “weaponized” against her…..

You are right. Imagine donating money to BLM because you believed in their mission, only to have one of the founders suggest your donation was made out of guilt due to the color of your skin……

• Like 3

BLM Had an obviously incorrect stance from the jump based on all available evidence. Anyone whom sent them money was acting based on emotion.

• Like 3

"More details recently emerged about epic payouts to, and property purchases by, the leaders and family members of the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, one of the main organisations formed under the banner of Black Lives Matter to raise awareness about police brutality against black Americans. In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, BLMGNF raised $90million, $12million of which has been spent on property. One of the leaders of BLMGNF, Patrisse Cullors, came under fire for purchasing four high-end homes herself, and BLMGNF also paid nearly $1million to a company owned by the father of Cullors’ child, while her brother received $840,000 for ‘security services’, according to tax filings."

"Here’s the thing: Cullors is right. It was white guilt fuelling these donations. BLM has become the recipient of liberal white indulgences, laundering the supposed sin of whiteness out of woke progressives, dollar by dollar. And it’s this that makes any wrongdoing on the part of BLMGNF a victimless crime."

"This is why it seems to me you don’t see much outrage from the left about the revelations of BLMGNF’s financial mismanagement. Property-owning liberals, feeling the immeasurable weight of their white privilege bearing down on them, sought to purchase forgiveness. Who among them would feel too badly to find out they helped a black person buy a home?"

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/05/20/blm-supporters-got-what-they-paid-for/

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"More details recently emerged about epic payouts to, and property purchases by, the leaders and family members of the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, one of the main organisations formed under the banner of Black Lives Matter to raise awareness about police brutality against black Americans. In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, BLMGNF raised $90million, $12million of which has been spent on property. One of the leaders of BLMGNF, Patrisse Cullors, came under fire for purchasing four high-end homes herself, and BLMGNF also paid nearly $1million to a company owned by the father of Cullors’ child, while her brother received $840,000 for ‘security services’, according to tax filings."

"Here’s the thing: Cullors is right. It was white guilt fuelling these donations. BLM has become the recipient of liberal white indulgences, laundering the supposed sin of whiteness out of woke progressives, dollar by dollar. And it’s this that makes any wrongdoing on the part of BLMGNF a victimless crime."

"This is why it seems to me you don’t see much outrage from the left about the revelations of BLMGNF’s financial mismanagement. Property-owning liberals, feeling the immeasurable weight of their white privilege bearing down on them, sought to purchase forgiveness. Who among them would feel too badly to find out they helped a black person buy a home?"

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/05/20/blm-supporters-got-what-they-paid-for/

There is buying a house and buying a mansion.  What about all the poor people touched by crime needing a home?  How many homes could have been bought for families that Cullor used to buy one house in an expensive neighbourhood?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just like a little kid. Gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar and blames the jar for her theft.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/21/2022 at 1:36 PM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Just like a little kid. Gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar and blames the jar for her theft.

And the cookie too.

• Like 1

As immoral as it all is, this is how nonprofits are allowed to operate in the US. and BLM is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable org so their filings are *public*

But the truth is, as shady as it all is, they did not break the law! :w00t:
That's right. These nonprofits are allowed to spend up to 70% of income on administrative expenses. That includes bloated salaries. yeah, it's rape.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

As immoral as it all is, this is how nonprofits are allowed to operate in the US. and BLM is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable org so their filings are *public*

But the truth is, as shady as it all is, they did not break the law! :w00t:
That's right. These nonprofits are allowed to spend up to 70% of income on administrative expenses. That includes bloated salaries. yeah, it's rape.

That's the thing,  I expected a salary,  and a big one at that.  She didn't have a salary,  she was just dipping into the funds and writing it off as "expenses". 

Were the expenses documented and receipts kept??? Don't know. Very little documentation exists that I'm aware of. 

Sounds like a plot lifted straight from The Producers  - just replace "Broadway musical" with "charitable organisation", the other plot points fall right into place. 

• Like 1

It just shows how awful the BLM organization is.  

• Like 1