Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I recently found a Four Leaf Clover after I took a interest in the Fey Folk

stevemagegod

I’ve been looking for one of these things for 20 years. Lately I have taken a keen interest in the Fey Folk. And have been trying to find as much information on them as possible. It’s really hard because of the games and media influences ruining search results. So I go to my buddy’s house I’m there just talking in his backyard and I notice a Clover with 4 leaves on them. One of the legends of the Four Leaf Clover is that you can see the Fey Folk if you find one. For years my House has been Haunted. But lately I believe my House is Haunted by a Brownie Spirit. Do you think my sudden interest in Fey Folk is what caused me to find this Four Leaf Clover. I am 30% Irish to. So this lord is definitely part of my History. It’s a weird coincidence because I’ve never found a Four Leaf Clover and I only know one other person in my life who did have a Four Leaf Clover. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stevemagegod said:

Do you think my sudden interest in Fey Folk is what caused me to find this Four Leaf Clover.

If you think about buying a red car, how many red cars will you start noticing. It's more or less a form of selective attention.

• Like 3

Four leaf clovers aren't that unusual. Sometimes from mutations, some clover varieties tend to regularly produce four or more leaves and cultivars for growing more leaves, and some other plants look like clover but aren't often can have four leaves. 

What makes you think you have a brownie instead of another fae living in your house? There's a variety of folk in the various lores. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rashore said:

Four leaf clovers aren't that unusual. Sometimes from mutations, some clover varieties tend to regularly produce four or more leaves and cultivars for growing more leaves, and some other plants look like clover but aren't often can have four leaves. 

What makes you think you have a brownie instead of another fae living in your house? There's a variety of folk in the various lores. 

Objects disappearing and reappearing. Been playing Disc Golf a lot lately. I had some mud shoes in my car trunk disappear for like 2 days. There is literally nothing in my Car Trunk and they were gone for 2 days. My Car Trunk is completely empty except for those shoes. I even had my mom try to find them and she couldn’t locate them. I gave up looking for them. Went to put my backpack in my trunk one day and boom they were there. I was like What the actual ****. What the **** are these doing here? I literally already looked here. And boom exactly where I left them. 

1 hour ago, stevemagegod said:

I’ve been looking for one of these things for 20 years. Lately I have taken a keen interest in the Fey Folk. And have been trying to find as much information on them as possible. It’s really hard because of the games and media influences ruining search results. So I go to my buddy’s house I’m there just talking in his backyard and I notice a Clover with 4 leaves on them. One of the legends of the Four Leaf Clover is that you can see the Fey Folk if you find one. For years my House has been Haunted. But lately I believe my House is Haunted by a Brownie Spirit. Do you think my sudden interest in Fey Folk is what caused me to find this Four Leaf Clover. I am 30% Irish to. So this lord is definitely part of my History. It’s a weird coincidence because I’ve never found a Four Leaf Clover and I only know one other person in my life who did have a Four Leaf Clover. 

Four leaf clovers are actually not all that rare.  That you found one after you watched King Arthur on Netflix or whatever and became interested in Fairies or whatever is neither here nor there.  It is just that when you allow fantasy to rule your mind, there are no rules.

Fairies are not real.  Haunted houses are not real  But your history is believing in Woo...so...go with the Woo.  May the Woo be with you! :)

• Like 4

It’s a weird coincidence because I’ve never found a Four Leaf Clover and I only know one other person in my life who did have a Four Leaf Clover. 

Hi Stevemagegod, It is rare to find a four-leaf clovers, however not so rare to be found in Ireland than any other place. According to Irish folklore a four-leaf clover stands for good luck.

• Thanks 1

https://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/sce/index.htm

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

If you think about buying a red car, how many red cars will you start noticing. It's more or less a form of selective attention.

Except of course 4 Leaf Clovers didn’t come up a lot in my research. The Hawthorn Trees came up a lot in my research. 

2 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

Objects disappearing and reappearing. Been playing Disc Golf a lot lately. I had some mud shoes in my car trunk disappear for like 2 days. There is literally nothing in my Car Trunk and they were gone for 2 days. My Car Trunk is completely empty except for those shoes. I even had my mom try to find them and she couldn’t locate them. I gave up looking for them. Went to put my backpack in my trunk one day and boom they were there. I was like What the actual ****. What the **** are these doing here? I literally already looked here. And boom exactly where I left them. 

That's not brownie behavior. Though if it were one turned bad, I would wonder what you did wrong to peeve it off into playing tricks like that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rashore said:

That's not brownie behavior. Though if it were one turned bad, I would wonder what you did wrong to peeve it off into playing tricks like that. 

Hi rashore, or maybe it isn't a so called brownie that could be haunting his home.

Edited by P.S

Except of course 4 Leaf Clovers didn’t come up a lot in my research. The Hawthorn Trees came up a lot in my research. 

You completely and thoroughly missed my point.

3 hours ago, rashore said:

I may have cut down a Fairy Ring around my Tree with my Lawnmower a couple of years ago lol. I also called it Smurf Village. 

• Like 1

Hey @stevemagegod 

At one point in my life I thought fey being real is ridiculous. I have now come to believe in such things in this magical universe.

I think the four-leaf clover just may have been a sign to spur your interest. You're being told they are not that rare but I have never come across one in my lifetime but looking too long for one would be an odd passion (lol).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2022 at 4:11 PM, stevemagegod said:

I may have cut down a Fairy Ring around my Tree with my Lawnmower a couple of years ago lol. I also called it Smurf Village. 

Eh. Even if there was a brownie living in the tree, they aren't likely folk to take revenge or cause mischief due to that. If there is something fey going on, I'm just not thinking brownie considering a lot of folklore. Perhaps something else, but not brownie. 

Though a random neat tidbit about the clover. If one can gather a few and muddle them fresh with holy water blessed on Raphaels day- October 24- the resulting stuff when applied to the eyelids can give one truer sight for some folk. Or rather, a better sight for the doorways, pathways, and such of them. Especially when used freshly during the nights and days of Halloween. Why Raphael? Angel of healing, sight, happy meetings, and travelers :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 1:50 AM, papageorge1 said:

Hey @stevemagegod 

At one point in my life I thought fey being real is ridiculous. I have now come to believe in such things in this magical universe.

I think the four-leaf clover just may have been a sign to spur your interest. You're being told they are not that rare but I have never come across one in my lifetime but looking too long for one would be an odd passion (lol).

Not to kill the fantasy, but they’re actually not that hard to find if you know how to look for them.

As kids, we’d find them regularly in the backyard when we looked and would flatten/dry them out in books.

The 1 in 10,000 number you usually hear might sound like a lot, but that’s apparently only an area of around 1.2 m^2 of dense clovers (which have up to 3 layers of clovers).

Here’s a nice little article I found which explains this and also goes a bit into why there are hotspots as well (clovers in close proximity are more likely to have the gene which allows them to grow a fourth leaf as the gene is inheritable, and also there are environmental conditions conducive to the growth of a fourth leaf).

https://blog.minitab.com/en/adventures-in-statistics-2/the-odds-of-finding-a-four-leaf-clover-revisited-how-do-some-people-find-so-many 

Anyways, I can’t really go down to the park to have a look tonight as sunset is before I finish work. 
Maybe I’ll take a torch or go for a clover hunt in the rain on the weekend.

Don’t worry Papa! One of us will find one for you soon enough. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Not to kill the fantasy, but they’re actually not that hard to find if you know how to look for them.

The green above disqualifies me and probably the OP. The hope for blind luck with short attention spans and little interest is our preferred searching method.

Watch out for fey tonight, Tim. You might find one before your four-leafer, LOL.

• Like 1

As a kid I use to find 4 leaf clovers ALL THE TIME! In my yard, in my neighbors yard. On several occasions I even found some with 6 or 7 leaves on them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As i scrolled this thread thinking what to babble i hit this post...

On 5/22/2022 at 11:01 AM, joc said:

Four leaf clovers are actually not all that rare.  That you found one after you watched King Arthur on Netflix or whatever and became interested in Fairies or whatever is neither here nor there.  It is just that when you allow fantasy to rule your mind, there are no rules.

Fairies are not real.  Haunted houses are not real  But your history is believing in Woo...so...go with the Woo.  May the Woo be with you! :)

This post pretty much wrapped up this thread but i just have to add after this...

On 5/22/2022 at 9:16 AM, stevemagegod said:

I’ve been looking for one of these things for 20 years

I really am perplexed over about 40 years several times ive had a person remark about a 4 leaf when we were near clover and every time within minutes i would find one i never thought it was any big deal.

But past tinkerbell and sideshow gaffs i really dont have much interest in fairies or other make believe mythical creatures.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, papageorge1 said:

Hey @stevemagegod 

When I was a kid I searched for some with my brother and sister, even found a 5 leafed !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1