Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

19 students 2 teachers dead in Texas elementary school shooting

susieice

This is still breaking news so reports vary. Yahoo News says 14 students and 1 teacher dead. CNN is reporting at least 2 students. I sure hope CNN is right here. That's a big difference but it doesn't make the situation better.

https://news.yahoo.com/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-live-updates-204254215.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

NBC is saying 2 dead also and 13 children injured. Good video. Let's hope this is right.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/multiple-shot-injured-in-texas-elementary-school-shooting-140734021950

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

This is still breaking news so reports vary. Yahoo News says 14 students and 1 teacher dead. CNN is reporting at least 2 students. I sure hope CNN is right here. That's a big difference but it doesn't make the situation better.

https://news.yahoo.com/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-live-updates-204254215.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting/index.html

Abbot said 14...

• Sad 2

Why doesn't the US restrict gun ownership to law enforcement, the military and hunters? Why would anyone else need a gun? I like guns myself, I joined the TA so I could fire stuff, including heavy machine guns, automatic rifles and even a Carl Gustav. But I never imagined any one needing a gun in their home. I think I am right in saying just about everyone in Switzerland has been trained to use guns, but they don't feel the need to carry them around.Crazy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Shooter also reportedly shot his Grandmother.  Possibly was running from the police after that and went into the school.

• Sad 6

1 minute ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Why doesn't the US restrict gun ownership to law enforcement, the military and hunters? Why would anyone else need a gun? I like guns myself, I joined the TA so I could fire stuff, including heavy machine guns, automatic rifles and even a Carl Gustav. But I never imagined any one needing a gun in their home. I think I am right in saying just about everyone in Switzerland has been trained to use guns, but they don't feel the need to carry them around.Crazy!

And your last word is the key here.  The guy was crazy.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Every civilized nation in the world has this more or less sorted out. Except 1. Sick to my stomach right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Because we are emotionally numb to mass shootings by now...so what's the point?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alpha_Q said:

Every civilized nation in the world has this more or less sorted out. Except 1. Sick to my stomach right now.

If you must know [insert red baiting drivel here]

• Like 2

Philadelphia ABC news is on special report and they are saying 14 children and 1 teacher killed. This is terrible. I've seen reports that the shooter is dead and also see some that say he's in custody.

Edit--ABC said the shooter is dead. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

I just was looking at Yahoo news, and saw this. Oh my God, how horrible! Uvalde is  several miles west of San Antonio, on US Hwy 90. Used to go out that way to Hondo and Uvalde years ago. Heard on the news that supposedly the shooter, a US citizen shot his grandmother before going to the school.Local news here will have more on it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Because of the Second Amendment to the constitution.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alpha_Q said:

The US is the wealthiest country in the world, yet they don't have universal healthcare free on point of contact (which all of Europe has, and many poorer countries around the world), and they allow anyone to buy lethal weapons. Get yourself sorted out, US!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HollyDolly said:

.Local news here will have more on it.

Every news outlet will have more on it...the Cable News outlet will analyze it into oblivion.  Sadness!

Just now, The Silver Shroud said:

The US is the wealthiest country in the world, yet they don't have universal healthcare free on point of contact (which all of Europe has, and many poorer countries around the world), and they allow anyone to buy lethal weapons. Get yourself sorted out, US!

Shut up and mind your own business.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, joc said:

Shut up and mind your own business.  :)

I'm just offering free advice, please don't shoot me!

• Haha 9

I am angry. Could say so many things. Could ask so many questions. But, I will leave it at one that repeats in my Head. "Again"?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Another consequence of Republican politics.  Don't believe this is Republican?  Check out which party voted down gun control, both in Texas and in the US Congress.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Looking back on all these shootings....the ages of the children who are doing these shootings. 16, 15, this one is 18 and yes, still a child in my book. The one in Buffalo was 18.

Why? It's easy to blame hunters or gun owners but they aren't doing this. What is wrong with our children? Why do they feel they need to do something like this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, susieice said:

More horrific news. An 18 yr old student who is believed to be the shooter is dead also. 13 more students are being treated at hospitals. Also a 45 yr old adult.

https://6abc.com/uvalde-texas-robb-elementary-school-active-shooter-district-lockdown/11889693/?fbclid=IwAR3wloR6sKARELwg8qihTTR2jkNN70PNCv9v4FJJNzc1mnX5G7MoqUmjy8M

Wow!   That is a very different story than the breaking news I got a few hours ago.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Another consequence of Republican politics.  Don't believe this is Republican?  Check out which party voted down gun control, both in Texas and in the US Congress.

Doug

Gun control is not the issue.  The guy was an incel, mentally ill.    Mental illness is the issue.  Just check your health insurance and see what types of mental health is covered.   And then call around and try to find a reputable counselor.    It is so bad that psychiatrists do nothing but prescribe pills and only on referral from an MD.    

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Because the brits might come back and try to take us over again.   Why do you think we have the second amendment to our constitution.    It is not a gun control issue, it is a mental health issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Gun control is not the issue.  The guy was an incel, mentally ill.    Mental illness is the issue.  Just check your health insurance and see what types of mental health is covered.   And then call around and try to find a reputable counselor.    It is so bad that psychiatrists do nothing but prescribe pills and only on referral from an MD.    

Oh? Give everyone in school a gun, and if one of them fatally shoots someone, the fault is the student, not the policy of arming everyone? Are you insane?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, joc said:

Because of the Second Amendment to the constitution.  

I wonder if it's possible to make a change to the US Constitution...

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 19 students 2 teachers dead in Texas elementary school shooting