Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

19 students 2 teachers dead in Texas elementary school shooting


susieice
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I know, but they don't understand Americans. Something like this, far from making people turn their guns in, always causes millions who have never owned a gun to go out and buy one. Why? Because they're scared, living in a country awash in unregistered firearms and with a government unable to protect them.

They’re ill equipped to. What might work in much smaller countries with completely different societies doesn’t, and can’t, automatically scale up to encompass a country as large as ours. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I know, but they don't understand Americans. Something like this, far from making people turn their guns in, always causes millions who have never owned a gun to go out and buy one. Why? Because they're scared, living in a country awash in unregistered firearms and with a government unable to protect them.

They think some day they might have to overthrow the government to prevent tyranny. Which might have some merit if the last time these chuckle****s tried that was to enforce tyranny by overturning the election and lynching the veep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

So, um, real talk time? Exactly how many kids need to die before the conservatives admit we need comprehensive, strict, and enforced gun control? Does it need to happen to them? Do their kids need to die? Do their kids need to be caught committing such atrocities? 

Gun control DOESN’T work for criminals or the mentally ill. You’ve already lost right there. 
 

Two of my kids are already dead, one from a car accident and the other from a rare cranio-vascular disease. Your complaint is meaningless to me. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

They’re ill equipped to. What might work in much smaller countries with completely different societies doesn’t, and can’t, automatically scale up to encompass a country as large as ours. 
 

cormac

That's what I've been saying but might as well talk to a wall. Hell, thirty-one percent of Democrats live or have lived in a household with guns, yet they carry on like it's all Republicans. They talk their heads off and they don't know jack about this country. My dad was a New Deal Democrat and he slept with a loaded .357 magnum in his bedside table for fifty years.

Edited by Hammerclaw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

They think some day they might have to overthrow the government to prevent tyranny. Which might have some merit if the last time these chuckle****s tried that was to enforce tyranny by overturning the election and lynching the veep.

Nope, not everyone is Republican or Democrat. Many of us think BOTH parties are crap. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Most of us aren’t criminals. 

And they aren't the problem. 

Proliferation of guns is. It's too easy for a person with bad intent to get one there. That's where 2A falls down. It's supplying them. 

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That’s your problem not mine. I actually live here. 

It's not a problem, it's a statement not affected by vicinity.

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The danger comes from those suffering from mental issues and greed, for the most part. 

That's a real problem but not why gun massacres happen. We have a pretty decent mental health system by comparison. We did before 1996. That didn't stop a massacre a year. Regulations only had that impact. 

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That’s your society, not ours. 

It's why it worked here and won't work there 

You will never band together to support the idea to begin with. Gun culture has entrenched a specific mindset unique to America.

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

It is in the wrong hands. 

No, not be definition. 

It's primary purpose isn't death. That's the result of a sick mind.

19 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

If backed in a corner we would. 

You would die. 

Technology is too advanced for guns to be of any worth in a serious conflict. One missile and it's all over. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the sound of elementary school children, screaming for their lives, doesn’t affect the conscience of lawmakers, then why should we expect the same pleas to affect the conscience of the shooter?

The United States lives by the sword, which is a state of mind that is incompatible with life.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

They think some day they might have to overthrow the government to prevent tyranny. Which might have some merit if the last time these chuckle****s tried that was to enforce tyranny by overturning the election and lynching the veep.

Keep that silly BS to your goddam self.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No point arguing with these foreigners. They think solutions that work on an island, or an island continent whose small population is huddled in a dozen or so coastal areas, will work here. They don't have a clue to the magnitude of the problem. The sheer size of our country and the scale of our population, the number of our cities is beyond the comprehension of any who haven't been here and experienced it themselves. The very idea of personal defense is incomprehensible to them. There's no way of having a meaningful  conversation, just endless reiterations of their moral judgmentalism and mealy-mouthed platitudes. 

I'm sure Mac is more than capable of discussion without you holding his hand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Gun control DOESN’T work for criminals or the mentally ill. You’ve already lost right there. 
 

Two of my kids are already dead, one from a car accident and the other from a rare cranio-vascular disease. Your complaint is meaningless to me. 
 

cormac

It works in every other nation on earth, and while I sympathize with your situation, we DO take steps to prevent the first and the second could be helped with universal healthcare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

They’re ill equipped to. What might work in much smaller countries with completely different societies doesn’t, and can’t, automatically scale up to encompass a country as large as ours. 
 

cormac

No, what we did won't work. It's not a copy paste thing.

The results are what are worthy striving to equal. 

America would need to come up with its own plan if it wanted to improve things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

I'm sure Mac is more than capable of discussion without you holding his hand. 

Well, since he's being tag-teamed by pansies, I thought I'd "Volunteer".

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Well, since he's being tag-teamed by pansies, I thought I'd "Volunteer".

Pansies? 

You wouldn't last ten seconds old fart. 

You're a handbrake. He's far more accomplished at civilised discussion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'm sure Mac is more than capable of discussion without you holding his hand. 

He’s not holding my hand but like me he does understand this country in a way you lot NEVER will. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Pansies? 

You wouldn't last ten seconds old fart. 

You're a handbrake. He's far more accomplished at civilised discussion.

Yeah, I'm old, but armed and you're welcome to try, anytime. Oh, but you're too scared to come to America. Right choice.:lol:

Edited by Hammerclaw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

It works in every other nation on earth, and while I sympathize with your situation, we DO take steps to prevent the first and the second could be helped with universal healthcare. 

So tell me, how many other nations that it’s worked in are as large and as ethnically diverse as the United States? Yeah, that’s what I thought. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

No, what we did won't work. It's not a copy paste thing.

The results are what are worthy striving to equal. 

America would need to come up with its own plan if it wanted to improve things. 

Then people can shut the hell up about gun control as if it’s a one-size-fits-all solution. I’m all for finding a solution but outsiders are more clueless than I could ever be in determining what that solution is. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

So tell me, how many other nations that it’s worked in are as large and as ethnically diverse as the United States? Yeah, that’s what I thought. 
 

cormac

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is, you're making it a race thing already. It's not. Because IF it was, 9/10ths of these school shooters wouldn't be 100 percent honkey. I'll note, by the way, that Europe has a lot of white people and they don't do this crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is, you're making it a race thing already. It's not. Because IF it was, 9/10ths of these school shooters wouldn't be 100 percent honkey. I'll note, by the way, that Europe has a lot of white people and they don't do this crap.

So you don’t even know the difference between ethnically diverse and racially diverse? That says more about you than I ever could, thanks. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

He’s not holding my hand but like me he does understand this country in a way you lot NEVER will. 
 

cormac

Yeah he is. He gets a thrill out of chastising "foreigners" . You're just feeding a troll.

Mac, I wouldn't want to understand communal killing for the sake of tradition. It's like head hunters still practising. No place in a civilised society. No good comes of it. All we hear are more kids killed every year. And nobody there seems to give a damn. Posters have said outright that their lives are a sacrifice that has to be made to support 2A. That's just too far, and not something I even could understand if I wanted to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, I'm old, but armed and you're welcome to try, anytime. Oh, but you're too scared to come to America. Right choice.

Nah, no reason to visit. Not much to attract one there with the rest of the world on offer .

You need to be armed. Your nothing without your gun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Then people can shut the hell up about gun control as if it’s a one-size-fits-all solution. I’m all for finding a solution but outsiders are more clueless than I could ever be in determining what that solution is. 
 

cormac

Nobody said it's a one size fits all solution. That's on you.

Outsiders have experience with dealing with guns. You don't. So as far as a discussion goes, those who have seen both sides would have the real world advantage I would think. 

Or if these discussions don't bode well with you, perhaps avoid them rather than like your hand holder there, embarass yourself. He's doing a great job of that. 

If you feel do strongly, why would you discuss regulations at all? From what I've seen you normally just give discussions that don't interest you a wide berth. What's the difference regarding weapons? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is, you're making it a race thing already. It's not. Because IF it was, 9/10ths of these school shooters wouldn't be 100 percent honkey. I'll note, by the way, that Europe has a lot of white people and they don't do this crap.

Don't you look anything up before you put your foot in your mouth? Uvalde, Texas is 80 percent Hispanic and the killer and everyone of his victims identified, thus far, are Hispanic, too. The Texas Tech School shooter was South Korean. The Parkland School shooter was Hispanic, also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nah, no reason to visit. Not much to attract one there with the rest of the world on offer .

You need to be armed. Your nothing without your gun. 

You're nothing, period. No wonder your best mate picked your pocket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yeah he is. He gets a thrill out of chastising "foreigners" . You're just feeding a troll.

Mac, I wouldn't want to understand communal killing for the sake of tradition. It's like head hunters still practising. No place in a civilised society. No good comes of it. All we hear are more kids killed every year. And nobody there seems to give a damn. Posters have said outright that their lives are a sacrifice that has to be made to support 2A. That's just too far, and not something I even could understand if I wanted to.

Yet you like to broad stroke things as if it applies to everyone here, it doesn’t even come close. Most of us never see or hear about any such occurrences near us, especially those of us like me who live in rural areas. 
 

Another broad stroke IMO as there’s not much many of us can do about other areas, especially as the US is about the size of most of Europe combined. 
 

Those posters don’t speak for everyone, certainly not for me or anyone I personally know. 
 

cormac

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to 19 students 2 teachers dead in Texas elementary school shooting

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.