Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 GOP candidates in Michigan ineligible after fraud, election office says

ExpandMyMind

Five of 10 Republican candidates for the gubernatorial nomination in Michigan are ineligible to appear on the ballot because of invalid signatures on their nominating petitions, the Michigan elections bureau said in a report Monday, upending the race little more than two months before the August primary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/24/michigan-governor-fraudulent-signatures-craig-johnson/

• Like 3

When they were trying to stop the recall of city council member Ksama Sawant here in my city one of her volunteers asked me to sign, I informed him I had already signed the petition to recall her, he said "Can I get your signature here to verify that for the city council?" I just walked away, I should have reported him.

• Like 4

Is there anything awful the GOP talks about that they're not actually doing themselves? I mean we've had corruption, pedophilia, underperforming schools, blatant racism, and that one b**** who thinks we have Jewish Space Lasers. Which is utterly foolish because if we actually DID have Jewish Space Lasers, dya'll really think Richard Spencer would still be walking around?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good to see some people are held responsible. Guess it’s who you know. 

Has it been established ,for sure, that this isn’t just some liberal lefty hippy dippy lie!?     Because,  I can’t believe that members of the Grand Old Party would cheat.    .       .:lol:

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 3

To be fair, it doesn't seem like the Republicans in question did anything wrong.  They hired a third party company to get signatures (for up to $20 each) and people hired by the company fraudulently created signatures instead of collecting them.  

a minor ordeal. life goes on. :geek: