Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden praises high gas prices as part of ‘incredible transition’

Buzz_Light_Year

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/biden-praises-gas-prices-as-part-of-incredible-transition/

Out of touch as ever, President Biden celebrated record-high gas prices Monday, gushing that the pump pain was part of “an incredible transition” of the US economy away from fossil fuels. 

“[When] it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over,” Biden said during a press conference in Japan following his meeting with Prime Minister Fumio Kishida.

The president then insisted that his administration’s actions, rather than increasing the price of gas, had actually been able to “keep it from getting worse — and it’s bad.”:rolleyes:

Some people won't be able to afford fuel just to get to work, but it's "an incredible transition". Meanwhile those who do have the extra disposable income will use that to fuel their vehicles and that means that disposable income will disappear from the economy and as consumer spending falls so does the economy, but it's "an incredible transition".

Good Job Democrats!

Those blaming the Russian-Ukraine war in 3.2.1-

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

disposable income will disappear from the economy and as consumer spending falls so does the economy,

Well there you have it Buzz.  Thank you President Biden for addressing inflation by reducing consumer spending.  Gas prices will fall, everybody will be happy again. I bet the Republicans wish they had thought of that.:D

• Haha 1

So I’m paying $2.20 a litre here in Oz, so America can transition? 

14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So I’m paying $2.20 a litre here in Oz, so America can transition

I guess fuel will be gender fluid now. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

The IQ of a pull along wooden duck.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him, after watching quite a few Tik Tok videos on youtube I've come to the conculsion he is the perfect president for the Gen-z generation...they all seem as mad as a bucket of frogs.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The IQ of a pull along wooden duck.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him, after watching quite a few Tik Tok videos on youtube I've come to the conculsion he is the perfect president for the Gen-z generation...they all seem as mad as a bucket of frogs.

Watches Tik-Tok.

Derides Gen-Z

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Watches Tik-Tok.

Derides Gen-Z

:rolleyes:

Oh come on... pretty sure you'd be great on Tik Tok. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Just now, itsnotoutthere said:

Trying to get into the head of the typical dem. voter. :tu:

I've never met a Dem voter, that I know of.

What's the point?

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I've never met a Dem voter, that I know of.

What's the point?

Indeed. 

I have always wondered why gas prices are a federal issue.  Texas has a good chunk of the US oil wells and refineries but my cousin's kid constantly whines about gas prices down there.  Here in Iowa we have no oil so we grow corn and blend ethanol to reduce the prices.  Alaska has to state tax and gives all their citiizens thousands a year for their share of Alaskan oil.  

One would think Texas and Texans could do something about the prices themselves rather than whining for big government and Biden to do something.  

Just out of curiosity- What do the posters here think that the price of oil and the price of gasoline should be?  What are you willing to do to make it go to that price and stay at that price?

26 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Just out of curiosity- What do the posters here think that the price of oil and the price of gasoline should be?  What are you willing to do to make it go to that price and stay at that price?

It should be the price when Trump was in office before Biden signed executive orders canceling pipelines,etc. That's when prices started to go up.

What are you willing to do to make it go to that price and stay at that price? Put Trump back in office.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Macho MAGA Man said:

It should be the price when Trump was in office before Biden signed executive orders canceling pipelines,etc. That's when prices started to go up.

What are you willing to do to make it go to that price and stay at that price? Put Trump back in office.

Ah so when oil was in the negatives and US oil companies were going bankrupt...  

Anyone else agree with this method?  

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Ah so when oil was in the negatives and US oil companies were going bankrupt...  

Anyone else agree with this method?  

Which Oil companies were going bankrupt when Trump was president?

12 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/biden-praises-gas-prices-as-part-of-incredible-transition/

Some people won't be able to afford fuel just to get to work, but it's "an incredible transition". Meanwhile those who do have the extra disposable income will use that to fuel their vehicles and that means that disposable income will disappear from the economy and as consumer spending falls so does the economy, but it's "an incredible transition".

Good Job Democrats!

Those blaming the Russian-Ukraine war in 3.2.1-

Dude we need to move away from fossil fuels because it's, yknow, killing the planet? Every transition has growing pains, hell it took people forever to figure out how to work those converter boxes when we moved away from analog TV. No long term positive change has ever been easy, but it's the mark of the mature to accept some temporary discomfort to move to something better. It's like moving, sure moving is a massive pain in the ass, but if you're getting into a better apartment, then it's worth the grief and having to buy your friends beer to get them to help you lug your stuff. 

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Dude we need to move away from fossil fuels because it's, yknow, killing the planet?

Do you think the world is going to move away from their petroleum based plastics. yknow, killing the planet.

No the world will not.

No more than CO2 has increased it isn't going to be that detrimental to the planet. CO2 is used by the globalist because it can be visualized by the ignorant consumers of the rhetoric. Major greenhouses use CO2 generators to increase plant production and you can find reports that the planet is greening which is a benefit to the ecosystem. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

Methane is (depending on the source) 25 times worse as a greenhouse gas. But methane doesn't become a problem unless the oceans warm enough to thaw the methane hydrates that are sequestered at depth.

Water vapor? https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html

Yet the alarm bells are all over CO2 and here's why. People can visualize this and not the other gases and most don't even know that water vapor is a greenhouse gas.

Oh and just so ya know that is steam rising in the image and most people equate that with CO2 emissions.

I can guarantee you that most of the people clanging the alarm bells are not going to want to live in a world without fossil fuels.

pollution.jpg

18 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Do you think the world is going to move away from their petroleum based plastics. yknow, killing the planet.

No the world will not.

No more than CO2 has increased it isn't going to be that detrimental to the planet. CO2 is used by the globalist because it can be visualized by the ignorant consumers of the rhetoric. Major greenhouses use CO2 generators to increase plant production and you can find reports that the planet is greening which is a benefit to the ecosystem. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

Methane is (depending on the source) 25 times worse as a greenhouse gas. But methane doesn't become a problem unless the oceans warm enough to thaw the methane hydrates that are sequestered at depth.

Yet the alarm bells are all over CO2 and here's why. People can visualize this and not the other gases and most don't even know that water vapor is a greenhouse gas.

Oh and just so ya know that is steam rising in the image and most people equate that with CO2 emissions.

I can guarantee you that most of the people clanging the alarm bells are not going to want to live in a world without fossil fuels.

pollution.jpg

So all that hogwash boils down to "I don't want to change anything so I'll ignore every scientist on the face of the planet except like three Exxon is paying off", then? Yeah Methane is a problem, but since a lot of it comes from, yknow, /food/, it's harder to get rid of. But we're also working on that via new cow feeds that will reduce the...yield, so to speak, of beef farms. And yeah, while SOME more CO2 can be good for plants, it's like suggesting that water is good for humans so why can't we breathe it? It leads to a greenhouse effect that spikes up all sorts of other problems, from rising sea levels, to forest fires that go out of control, to desertification that results in plants not being able to grow at all. And Water Vapor hangs out for a little while and then hits the ground again as precipitation. All of what you just remarked on is easily debunked and frankly, I /really/ wish I could expect better from you, I honestly do, but I know I can't. 

Oh, and on a final note? They said the same thing about cars, the internet, and netflix. Last time I looked, horses and blockbusters aren't around like they used to be and the internet is here to stay. 

On 5/25/2022 at 2:56 PM, Gromdor said:

I have always wondered why gas prices are a federal issue.  Texas has a good chunk of the US oil wells and refineries but my cousin's kid constantly whines about gas prices down there.  Here in Iowa we have no oil so we grow corn and blend ethanol to reduce the prices.  Alaska has to state tax and gives all their citiizens thousands a year for their share of Alaskan oil.  

One would think Texas and Texans could do something about the prices themselves rather than whining for big government and Biden to do something.  

So you're the reason I couldn't afford corn on the cob at my barbecue?  b******!

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

So you're the reason I couldn't afford corn on the cob at my barbecue?  b******!

Dang right!  Welcome to capitalism!  

Well that and we've only just started planting corn and soy because of the late cold and rain,  The corn you should be eating right now probably came from South America (or would have).  Need to wean you off dependence on foreign corn.  

The ethanol plants that I worked at used corn cobs and husk to make ethanol because selling the kernels is more profitable.

On 5/26/2022 at 3:44 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

No the world will not.

pollution.jpg

Slightly off topic but scientists are researching how to gather the crystalized methane hydrates on the ocean floor as an alternate fuel source: It's literally just lying on the bottom of the ocean waiting to be picked up.  

• Like 1