Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Here's what scientists know about mass school shootings

Grim Reaper 6

We are criminologists who study life histories of public mass shooters in the U.S. As part of that research, we built a comprehensive database(opens in new tab) of mass public shootings using public data, with the shooters coded on over 200 different variables, including location and racial profile. For the purposes of our database, mass public shootings are defined as incidents in which four or more victims are murdered with at least one of those homicides taking place in a public location and with no connection to underlying criminal activity, such as gangs or drugs

https://www.livescience.com/mass-school-shootings-facts

• Like 3

Great article! I think access to guns at the legal level is alarming, the kid couldn't drink or get a handgun but could purchase an AR.

As for the mental health aspect, we need to invest heavily in making education possible because with our population size this is alarming.

Screenshot (46).png

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, joseraul said:

Great article! I think access to guns at the legal level is alarming, the kid couldn't drink or get a handgun but could purchase an AR.

As for the mental health aspect, we need to invest heavily in making education possible because with our population size this is alarming.

Screenshot (46).png

Thanks, I certainly agree with you.

• Like 1

"It's mental health that needs to be fixed!" "Oh, cool, so we can have universal healthcare to fix that?" "**** no, we just say that so people won't take away our toys, that's communism!"