Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now its Southern Baptists

Phantom309

From Youth Ministers to Music Directors to Volunteers, they all had to betray that line of trust: 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/26/2022 at 11:59 AM, Phantom309 said:

From Youth Ministers to Music Directors to Volunteers, they all had to betray that line of trust: 

With solid proof, convicted can be used as compost.

• Like 1

In my experience some people desire Power, and some of them go into religion, since authority is handed out pretty easily. Then they use their power to act immorally. 

The crying shame part is no one stops them. In the church the leader is always right, so they get away with just about anything. 

• Like 3

In America,

Children go to church and lose their innocence

In America,

Children go to school and lose their lives

So, tell me,

Why would God want to bless that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was reading somewhere that Buddha thought that  Greed  is one of our ,if not our,  biggest problem ..  makes sense , because, any overwhelming need for wealth, or power, or lust, or whatever,   or even ‘self esteem’ ..grandiose illusions of one’s own importance or superiority over another ,are all forms of greediness.    (I think the root of all that lies in Fear..  and that the opposite of fear is faith.)  Oh Oh!*  I said the F word !   ;)    No need to panic when we hear that word..everybody has it, in some form or other.? :wub:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kenrite said:

In America,

Children go to church and lose their innocence

In America,

Children go to school and lose their lives

So, tell me,

Why would God want to bless that?

Someone’s gotta look out for the children, most of the leaders in America don’t seem to be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lightly said:

(I think the root of all that lies in Fear..  and that the opposite of fear is faith.)

In America, if you can in steal fear in those who have faith, you can rack up millions of dollars and votes. Hate + Fear = votes and power.

• Like 2