Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] A quick question to the admin, or whoever knows

zep73

I'm assuming UM is hosted in the United Kingdom. (Is that correct?)
When posting a Youtube video on UM, does UM act as a proxy? (Making Youtube think UM is watching?)
Or can Youtube directly see who's watching the video?

The reason I ask is because I share a lot of videos with an American friend in PM's, and sometimes he can't see them, even though I've verified their availability on a US proxy.
The only reasonable explanation is that UM acts as a British proxy.

8 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I'm assuming UM is hosted in the United Kingdom. (Is that correct?)

No, UM's server is in the United States.

When posting a Youtube video on UM, does UM act as a proxy? (Making Youtube think UM is watching?)
Or can Youtube directly see who's watching the video?

The reason I ask is because I share a lot of videos with an American friend in PM's, and sometimes he can't see them, even though I've verified their availability on a US proxy.
The only reasonable explanation is that UM acts as a British proxy.

When viewing a YouTube embed, it is the originating country of the individual viewer that counts, since the content is still hosted on YouTube's website.

It is no different than viewing the video directly - it won't make any difference which site it is embedded on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to [Solved] A quick question to the admin, or whoever knows
  • The topic was locked