Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The comprehensibility of God

Will Due

12 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

It’s only supremely strange in the sense that it doesn’t conform to the normal understanding of 4-dimensional space-time. 

Then if it doesn't conform to normality then it's probably not a part of reality too.

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

We exist, there is no evidence that God/a god exists beyond one’s personal belief. 

cormac

So, you exist, and also I exist, but to you there is no evidence that God exists.

You bring in the word evidence, suppose you tell me what the word evidence stands for.

2 hours ago, oslove said:

And I am telling you all guys here that my knowledge of God's existence is not a belief.

It is founded upon reasoning on our existence that is transient, thereby it implicates a being that is permanent and self-existent.

You know, you have repeated this mantra ad nauseum.

Maybe you should try explaining it using an analogy.

• Like 3

And Oslove, please try to find out how the QUOTE function works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Then if it doesn't conform to normality then it's probably not a part of reality too.

Our 4-dimensional universe is just a portion of 11-dimensional space-time, the latter of which covers ALL of reality as we understand it. Your argument would be like one hypothetical 2-dimensional life form telling another 2-dimensional life form that the 3rd dimension “couldn’t possibly” exist because it’s OUTSIDE their normal frame of reference. Your comprehension of the entire subject is woefully inadequate. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oslove said:

You bring in the word evidence, suppose you tell me what the word evidence stands for.

Evidence: 

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

You have no body of facts, all you have is baseless and unverifiable speculation, nothing more. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

the entire subject

But cormac, the entire subject is fantasy.

How did you get to the point of believing these people who promote such fantastic nonsense.

Have you become a scientist worshipper? 

20 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

You know, you have repeated this mantra ad nauseum.

Maybe you should try explaining it using an analogy.

You are referring to this text from me:

"And I am telling you all guys here that my knowledge of God's existence is not a belief.

It is founded upon reasoning on our existence that is transient, thereby it implicates a being that is permanent and self-existent."

Okay, here is an analogy:

That you and me we exsist, that implicates the existence of our papa and mama.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But cormac, the entire subject is fantasy.

How did you get to the point of believing these people who promote such fantastic nonsense.

No, it’s really not. The various observations and maths involved work out. You understand math right? 1 + 1 = 2, the overly simplistic stuff that is all you actually understand. Well quantum physics goes well beyond your simplistic understanding. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oslove said:

Okay, here is an analogy:

That you and me we exsist, that implicates the existence of our papa and mama.

The only thing it implies is our individual direct lineages. It implies NOTHING outside of that framework. 

cormac

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Evidence: 

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

You have no body of facts, all you have is baseless and unverifiable speculation, nothing more. 

cormac

Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. -Cormac

And here is my definition of evidence:

"Evidence is anything existing that brings the conscious honest intelligent human to know the existence of another thing, for example, you and me we are the evidence to the existence of our papa and mama."

Now, dear Cormac, give an example of what is evidence according to you, "Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No, it’s really not. The various observations and maths involved work out. You understand math right? 1 + 1 = 2, the overly simplistic stuff that is all you actually understand. Well quantum physics goes well beyond your simplistic understanding. 

cormac

That's the problem cormac. Today with the loss of reasoning regarding the things of God but used to be simple to understand has been made complicated unnecessarily. I don't think it happened maliciously. I think it's a natural part of the evolution of how people think. To turn the simple into the complex. I think it's probably a run-of-the-mill egoistical thing. To make something simple, more complicated and then think your more intelligent then the so-called average person.

5 minutes ago, oslove said:

Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. -Cormac

And here is my definition of evidence:

"Evidence is anything existing that brings the conscious honest intelligent human to know the existence of another thing, for example, you and me we are the evidence to the existence of our papa and mama."

Now, dear Cormac, give an example of what is evidence according to you, "Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

Nope, not playing your word games. 

cormac

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The only thing it implies is our individual direct lineages. It implies NOTHING outside of that framework. 

cormac

That is the evidence that you are myopic in your brain.

From our existence we implicate the existence of our papa and mama, and they implicate the existence of their papa and mama and on and on and on, up to the sub sub sub particles of the material universe and into the beyond, to God the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everthing transient.

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's the problem cormac. Today with the loss of reasoning regarding the things of God but used to be simple to understand has been made complicated unnecessarily. I don't think it happened maliciously. I think it's a natural part of the evolution of how people think. To turn the simple into the complex. I think it's probably a run-of-the-mill egoistical thing. To make something simple, more complicated and then think your more intelligent then the so-called average person.

I see it all as people actually having the guts to ask questions and find things out for themselves instead of playing “follow the leader” with others who more often than not know LESS than they do. 

cormac

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oslove said:

That is the evidence that you are myopic in your brain.

Nope, it’s evidence that you are full of ****e. You’ve failed at several claims of science, you’ve failed at reasoning and logic, you’ve failed at understanding what evidence is. One has to question if there’s anything you DO know? 

cormac

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Nope, not playing your word games. 

cormac

Dear Cormac, you are to all evidence running away.

Produce your example of evidence, according to your definition of evidence, "Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

The man from all evidence is running away.

You do always go into a lot of blah blah blah that deceptively dazzles people, that you are into very profound thoughts - absolutely nothing but hot air.

1 minute ago, oslove said:

Dear Cormac, you are to all evidence running away.

Produce your example of evidence, according to your definition of evidence, "Evidence: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

The man from all evidence is running away.

You do always go into a lot of blah blah blah that deceptively dazzles people, that you are into very profound thoughts - absolutely nothing but hot air.

I owe you nothing, you’ve shown less intelligence than my Malamute. 

cormac

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I see it all as people actually having the guts to ask questions and find things out for themselves instead of playing “follow the leader” with others who more often than not know LESS than they do. 

cormac

Then why are you following scientists in a religious sense as a substitute for following God?

It's amazing how when you accuse others of doing something, you're actually doing it yourself.

You don't see that? You haven't found out anything for yourself, you just follow the leader and believe what they tell you to believe.

Edited by Will Due

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Then why are you following scientists in a religious sense as a substitute for following God?

It's amazing how when you accuse others of doing something, you're actually doing it yourself.

You don't see that?

There's nothing religious about Cormacs posts. 

It's just your jailed brain. Don't you see that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't see that?

Science and the disciplines supporting it tend to add up. Religion and the “make it up as you go along” mindset DO NOT. YOU don’t see that. 

cormac

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's just your jailed brain. Don't you see that? 

I have to wonder if we can have “parole” taken away? 

cormac

• Haha 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

I know it's shocking. To realize that instead of being scientific you're actually being religious. The proof of it is shown how science is continuously used to justify a mental construct about religion which is a substitution for what would ordinarily exist in the way a person thinks religiously.

I know it's shocking. To realize that instead of being scientific you're actually being religious. The proof of it is shown how science is continuously used to justify a mental construct about religion which is a substitution for what would ordinarily exist in the way a person thinks religiously.

Science doesn’t support God, nor can it. 

cormac

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Science and the disciplines supporting it tend to add up. Religion and the “make it up as you go along” mindset DO NOT. YOU don’t see that. 

cormac

Yes, science and the disciplines supporting it tend to add up. And those things that add up generally make it much easier to comprehend what's true regarding God.

I see it as one of the most beautiful things in life. Next to what I see when I look to who existed as an example as to how a life is supposed to be lived.

It's all so simple. :yes:

• This topic was locked and unlocked