Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The comprehensibility of God

Will Due

31 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But subjectively and based on faith, there always has been and there always will be a way to evidence God.

You cannot evidence anything based on faith and subjectivity.

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

How do you test something taken on faith, would be my question to you? 

This is how I do it. Might be generally the same for everyone, but I doubt it's exactly the same.

I get to a point where I've got to make a decision. Do I go right or do I go left or whatever it is I have to decide to do. I stand back and with all my mind and with all my heart, I try as best as possible to determine what the part of God that dwells with me is trying to tell me which choice I should make.

Then I do that. And usually most of the time many hours later or even days later. If not months, I look at where I'm at because of the decision and I clearly see how it was the right choice and that I exercised my faith properly. Or that I completely failed .The funny thing about it is that in an unusually high number of times the choice that I felt I was supposed to make was something that was going to cause me trouble. But I did it anyways and in the end I found out it wasn't trouble at all. In the end I made out for it.

These kind of moments have happened so many times in my life, I can't even number them. It seems to me that as I get older and have more experience with them I get better at it. This is the proof or evidence in my life that there is a God who interacts with me personally, for which I am immensely grateful that he has responded to my faith in a way that makes me understand. And understand critically.

I certainly hope sharing this helps you to understand Sheri. I often get a feeling that you really want to know what others say they know even while you've insisting that these things cannot be known.

All the best.

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

You cannot evidence anything based on faith

Within the human to human interaction you can. It amounts to trust. With human to divine, you're right. That's entirely subjective.

12 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The reason our 'understanding' of God changes is, because more and more gets explained by science. So, our view on God has to change with it.

I totally agree. It's why I love science so much. Because from my standpoint, the things that are explained by science are the things that explain very much about God.

For example, it's because of science and how it shows that the physical things in the universe are consistent that I am beyond certain that eventually and maybe with the new telescope we will see evidence that the plain of the universe is curved around its center.

urantia2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Today we are finally free to individually and personally discover the true path. That pretty much was hidden and taken away from us in the past. 

And the 'True Path' is still God?

Why?

Maybe because you have been trained, conditioned, to believe in a god when the going gets tough, or that a god caused the wonders of existence?

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

And the 'True Path' is still God?

Why?

Maybe because you have been trained, conditioned, to believe in a god when the going gets tough, or that a god caused the wonders of existence?

The path isn't God. It's just a road. Where the journey towards him takes place.

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

and maybe with the new telescope we will see evidence that the plain of the universe is curved around its center.

Don't tell me: that center is God.

Why shouldn't God be at an unexpected place? Because you understand how and why God acts as she does?

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Why shouldn't God be at an unexpected place? 

She is.

He's within you too.

Edited by Will Due

The path isn't God. It's just a road. Where the journey towards him takes place.

Ok, yes, the path isn't God, but it's the path towards God. I was too late to edit.

God is said to be incomprehensible. So why even try?

Ever read the Book of Job?

That's the book that made me think that if there IS a god, then he thinks of us as lab rats he can play with to his hearts content.

My favorite book from the Bible is Preacher, or Koheleth or Ecclasiastics. It shouldn't be part of the Bible. The ending is of course a politically correct ending added later on to make it fit.

41 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Where did you come up with the idea that you're supposed to accept the words and doctrines written down by mere people, as you said? That isn't true at all. In fact, just like science, our understanding of religion and the reality of God is progressing more or less these days at the same rate that science is. Because of science, it's progress, how it's caused us to think in new ways, it's now a part of how we apply our thinking towards God and man's religions. To me, we live in an unprecedented time of being liberated from so much from the past that was an unnecessary heavy burden which simply isn't viable anymore.

Today we are finally free to individually and personally discover the true path. That pretty much was hidden and taken away from us in the past. 

That has been true for peoples of the Abrahamic religions for over 3000 years. So now you’re pretending to speak for them? 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

She is.

He's within you too.

That's faith speaking.

It won't help here.

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I like to call them models of reality.

We all have our own model of reality based on many factors conditioning, experiences, culture, so on I am not telling you anything you don’t already know. :wub:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Within the human to human interaction you can. It amounts to trust. With human to divine, you're right. That's entirely subjective.

Trust is based on faith in the other.

There we go again.

39 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

How do you test something taken on faith, would be my question to you? 

Particularly since faith IS NOT fact. Faith is belief, which means that “if” I were to believe that Thor is the one true god then it’s just as valid an argument as anothers claims of God. Belief doesn’t become fact just because someone wants it to be. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

We all have our own model of reality based on many factors conditioning, experiences, culture, so on I am not telling you anything you don’t already know. :wub:

Sometimes the B.S. (belief systems) get in the way.

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Trust is based on faith in the other.

There we go again.

Trust is the result of what the other person had done. 

Faith is a fact.

It's either a fact that you don't have faith or it's a fact that you do.

The results of faith are are also things that are factual.

32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

This is how I do it. Might be generally the same for everyone, but I doubt it's exactly the same.

I get to a point where I've got to make a decision. Do I go right or do I go left or whatever it is I have to decide to do. I stand back and with all my mind and with all my heart, I try as best as possible to determine what the part of God that dwells with me is trying to tell me which choice I should make.

Then I do that. And usually most of the time many hours later or even days later. If not months, I look at where I'm at because of the decision and I clearly see how it was the right choice and that I exercised my faith properly. Or that I completely failed .The funny thing about it is that in an unusually high number of times the choice that I felt I was supposed to make was something that was going to cause me trouble. But I did it anyways and in the end I found out it wasn't trouble at all. In the end I made out for it.

These kind of moments have happened so many times in my life, I can't even number them. It seems to me that as I get older and have more experience with them I get better at it. This is the proof or evidence in my life that there is a God who interacts with me personally, for which I am immensely grateful that he has responded to my faith in a way that makes me understand. And understand critically.

I certainly hope sharing this helps you to understand Sheri. I often get a feeling that you really want to know what others say they know even while you've insisting that these things cannot be known.

All the best.

Thank you for sharing, it aids in helping me understand how you navigate your way thru life. It sounds like god is an internalized parental archetype authority for you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Trust is the result of what the other person had done. 

And therefore you have faith in them.

I have trusted people based on what they had done.

And got fkd in the rear by them later on.

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes the B.S. (belief systems) get in the way.

Ahahahaha love this indeed beleif systems the bs we have bought into and think it’s reality. Yep, human nature.

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

It sounds like god is an internalized parental archetype authority for you. 

In my experience, God is nothing like that at all. 

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

And therefore you have faith in them.

I have trusted people based on what they had done.

And got fkd in the rear by them later on.

That's how things work. Trust is paper thin, hard to establish and near impossible to repair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

God is better than your parents. He's a super-parent.

It has to do with extrapolating human accomplishments, human characteristics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

It sounds like the typical archetype attachment figure internalized (super ego) common to the monotheist expression. What would god do, or Jesus in your case.  If this works for you great, again it does help me to understand your reality tunnel. 

Edited by Sherapy

From my experience Sherapy hit the nail on the head as God is an internalized parental archetype authority for you. You make that self-evident every time you attempt to explain yourself. That you are blind to it is beside the point. 

cormac

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked