Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The comprehensibility of God

Will Due

On 7/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, oslove said:

No need to resort to BS - just keep to intelligent and rational language.

That's asking too much from this guy. Once he gets cornered, he turns to smoke and mirrors; it's a pattern with this guy.

Looks like it's over ...1jEHtdI.gif

This is a typical response to this subject; people see things as they want to see them, not as they really are.

It's like the "evil" picture we've been dealing with for millennia, and a good example is what Putin's been up to. Anyone with feelings can look at the death and destruction aspect of this, and KNOWS it's wrong. Putin doesn't see it ... and ... Putin doesn't "care."  Welcome to antisocial personality disorder.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20027920

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:
1) Disregard for right and wrong.
2) Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others.
3) Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or for sheer
personal pleasure.
4) Intense egocentrism, sense of superiority and exhibitionism.
5) Repeatedly violating the rights of others by the use of intimidation,
dishonesty and misrepresentation.
6) Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, impulsiveness, aggression
or violence.
7) Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others.
8) Failure to learn from the negative consequences of behavior.

This is a picture we have only constructed today - once upon a time this was a spiritual issue, and links with what we call Satan and the demons of Hell. Today we have proof this is a genetically inherited bio-mechanical brain-glitch ... and that's as far as it needs to go. The ancients never understood the brain and how it worked, and they certainly never had brain scan machines.

So if we can question just one aspect of this picture - and that questioning is fine (and, in this case we've gotten answers), why is it if we question "GOD" - everyone goes bonkers? It's just a question ... from my perspective, based solely on history - and all I'm looking for is an answer.

It's like another question I have ... if this "other side" seems to promote the idea it is so "LOVING" (data from NDEs) ... and our problems are genetically inherited, why can't they help us out and fix the problems? It's nothing new ... people have allegedly been "healed" of problems all along - why can't this stuff just be erased?

I'm sorry - I'm just tired of "no answers."

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Questing said:

I'm just tired of "no answers."

It's normal around here. Can't be a simple answer either. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

It's normal around here. Can't be a simple answer either. 

It's "normal" everywhere. 1jEHtdI.gif  I was involved in it too until I figured out what was going on.

All I can say is this "questioning for answers" was part on the "experience" picture I've been through ... a method called constructivism ... and it literally makes YOU do all the work instead of being "handed" all the "answers" (which could be wrong unless you've checked them out).

It's because of this "experience" topic, and work I've personally done proving the paranormal subject, that would show this "spiritual" picture does exist - it's just the "details" that are missing and the "guesswork" these holes have been filled by. When you approach people with these kind of questions, they literally don't know what to do.

It's like I have a LIST of "problems" regarding Jesus and his end times picture. Just using one example, I've asked this question and gotten nowhere. In Mark 9:1 it says: And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

God obviously agrees with all this, because Mark 9:7 says:
7 Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”

In Matt 26:64 Caiaphas the high priest was told by Jesus: Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

So basically we have a "small group" of people who are supposed to see this "return in the sky" ... and ... since it hasn't yet happened, these people should all STILL BE ALIVE somewhere on the planet. Given the history as it unfolded over time, I'd guess when the Catholic Church arrived in the picture, they would have made an effort to find these people and keep them within the confines of the church.

At any rate, technically, all that would need to be done is to find these people (now around 2000 years old) and - there's your proof Christianity knew what it was talking about. I haven't heard anything yet. 1jEHtdI.gif

So, in just this ONE picture, that "GOD" allegedly agrees with, they should be out there. Anyone seen them?

• Like 1

I still haven't been able to walk on water (unless it's frozen) or move a mountain by telling it too. So yeah, no faith based super powers for me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I still haven't been able to walk on water (unless it's frozen) or move a mountain by telling it too. So yeah, no faith based super powers for me. 

Walking on water's easy; all you need is skis and momentum.

• Like 2

So, you atheist folks don't have a concept of God, but you are into arguing that there is no God, that means you are talking about the concept of God that is with theists, I am a theist.

Here is my concept of God:

"God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

Is that the God that you atheist folks don't accept to exist?

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Walking on water's easy; all you need is skis and momentum.

That's not walking, that's high velocity hydroplaning.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's not walking, that's high velocity hydroplaning.

The slow way, then.

See the source image

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oslove said:

So, you atheist folks don't have a concept of God, but you are into arguing that there is no God, that means you are talking about the concept of God that is with theists, I am a theist.

"God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

This is a Tooth Fairy; all you have to do is believe.

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oslove

Posted just now

3 minutes ago, oslove said:

No, it's this one.

See the source image

• Haha 4

Just now, oslove said:

Great - prove it.

I'm not an atheist ... an atheist has drawn final conclusions regarding whatever information they may have. I classify as a quester ... I'm looking for answers to questions I have, top of the line deals with the religious historical picture. It's like polytheism ... where did THAT come from? Well, what do we suddenly know about today (and based on a Nicap study, dating seems to start in the 1860s) that's extremely intelligent, linked to the sky, and although they look different in a lot of cases, are oddly bipedal just like us?

Talking with a theist is like talking with a flat-earther ... they refuse to hear anything that upsets their beliefs.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, oslove said:

You've already made it apparent your concept of God is the god of gaps.  Do you like repeating yourself?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Questing said:

they refuse to hear anything that upsets their beliefs.

Let me see if I got this right. You're here on a quest to see how many people you can upset. 

Just now, Will Due said:

Let me see if I got this right. You're here on a quest to see how many people you can upset. 

No, the "upset" part is just a reaction connected to cognitive problems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Questing said:

No, the "upset" part is just a reaction connected to cognitive problems.

Are you trying to upset me? Is that your mission in life to seek out people who you judge to have "cognitive problems" and do everything in your power to upset them?

Just now, Will Due said:

Are you trying to upset me? Is that your mission in life to seek out people who you judge to have "cognitive problems" and do everything in your power to upset them?

If asking questions to get verifiable data is upsetting to you ... then all you are doing is proving my point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Questing said:

If asking questions to get verifiable data is upsetting to you ... then all you are doing is proving my point.

The fact that you think that it upsets me when you ask for verifiable data only proves the point of the intention of your quest.

Obviously you're not really interested in verifiable data because you already know nothing like that exists. 

So why do you keep asking for it if it isn't only to come into this place with the intention of seeing how many people you can upset.

It looks like you're going to fit in here real well with all the others who are here for the same reason.

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Hi Oslove

There are many god constructs and yours is just one. I can’t speak for everyone but there is a standard basis of evaluating evidence for any god and at this time none of them show that there is evidence to support their existence. 
This is not to say there is no god only that there is no evidence so it is an unknown.

As a side note I am neither theist or atheist

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The fact that you think that it upsets me when you ask for verifiable data only proves the point of the intention of your quest.

Obviously you're not really interested in verifiable data because you already know nothing like that exists. 

So why do you keep asking for it if it isn't only to come into this place with the intention of seeing how many people you can upset.

It looks like you're going to fit in here real well with all the others who are here for the same reason.

That fact that you are writing this, over and over, and have no direct answers and are lost, shows you are upset. As far as knowing no verifiable data exists, that boils down to the reason to keep looking. I deal with a 40,000 rounded year historical picture, and there is a TON of missing data. So everything sits on a shelf in my head, and, I keep an eye out for anything new.

Edited by Questing
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Hi Will

You upset yourself with peoples reactions, you push your agenda should I be upset? No, of course not it is a discussion and we are trying to discuss belief in unknowns like a god construct. If no one attacks you personally and just questions a comment it is not meant to demean you that is your choice.

• Like 2