Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Islam

EliteSoldier 064

54 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Of course, it's my opinion. Doesn't everybody have one?

Of course they do... but not everyone compulsively foists them about as fact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Will Due said:

When thinking about God, I'm pretty sure most people think that he's everywhere.

Which includes then, on the inside of the minds of each and every one of us.

You're just parroting what Bible thumpers and Evangelists preach which goes to show you have no rational mind to question things.  Islam and to a minor extent, Judaism aren't any different.  God is Great, God is the Light, God is Everywhere are the vague answers you get in return when asked to prove it because nobody can prove God even exists.  I'll go on record by saying ABSOLUTELY NOBODY came to life and immediately new God, NOBODY.  You learnt it from preaches, parents....who were introduced to God by other preaches and parents until someone down the line was given a Holy Scripture and told to read it.  In ancient times they were just told by Clerics, to listen and obey.

You see, religion is part of our evolution.  We're fragile creatures and needed someone to look over us and also it gave us some reassurance there was more to it (life).  Before monotheistic religions we had paganism or shamanism and other similar diversions.  Modern man is now asking questions that the scriptures can't answer and unfortunately, my pious friend, it's just not good enough anymore.  When asked what is the Universe? most people aren't satisfied anymore with "it's God's gift to man" or why are we here?, "God created us in HIS own image to pay for sins" or similar garbage. 

In other words innuendos to serious questions don't cut it anymore.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

In other words innuendos to serious questions don't cut it anymore.

Well then my profane friend, no matter what the answer, it will never be enough to a question that's actually nothing more than a veiled innuendo in its asking. ;)

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

It would make sense that he did, would it not?

Who doesn't think that God is everywhere?

Nothing about any of it makes any sense and I don't.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Will Due said:

It would make sense that he did, would it not?

The UB is indeed thinking for you. All you to is preach from it. When you try to articulate ideas through parables you fail miserably. 

You have been shown too many times to count how many outright mistakes as well and inconsistencies are in it but they roll of like water off a ducks back. There's little doubt your brain defaults to the UB regardless of what is presented. It's self brain washing and you have lost the ability to think, articulate or challenge. 

11 hours ago, Will Due said:

Me.

And a hell of a lot of people I know. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

Well then my profane friend, no matter what the answer, it will never be enough to a question that's actually nothing more than a veiled innuendo in its asking. ;)

I didn't read anything  profane in his post.   And he is absolutely correct.  There is no veiled innuendo in asking questions about fantasy.  Fantasy is fantasy.  Religion is fantasy.  But when we do ask real questions about the Fantasy...all...we ever get is innuendo and run arounds.  Because there are no real answers to real questions in the With God All Things Are Possible world of Fantasy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, Will Due said:

Apart from those who don't believe there is a god, and apart from those who believe there is a god but also believe he has no physical attributes (e.g. no location), did you listen to the sermon in the original post of this thread?

According to the preacher (who gives his take on a more-or-less manistream Islamic view), God is in his own heaven, vastly separated from the merely material universe. He has angels to go back and forth if he wants to send a message or otherwise get something done despite his being nowhere in the physical universe, not ever.

Say what you will about Islam, but it does avoid many of the paradoxes of modern-style Christianity. For example, in what sense did God come to earth, if he was already here? How could he have ascended into heaven, if he never left?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, eight bits said:

Say what you will about Islam, but it does avoid many of the paradoxes of modern-style Christianity. For example, in what sense did God come to earth, if he was already here? How could he have ascended into heaven, if he never left?

And yet there is one paradox that cannot be explained in a book of scriptures...   In order for God...separate from the Universe to have created the Universe...God would have had to transfer His own Energy to create a Universe of ...Energy.  

Like I said before, the only place any of it makes any kind of sense is inside the Context of the Scripture.  In the open light...not so much.

• Like 4

When is a fart not a fart? 

When it runneth out... 

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, joc said:

In order for God...separate from the Universe to have created the Universe...

Except if the universe is made up of one place that always existed and is eternal and another place (where we live) that isn't eternal and was initiated at some point (Big Bang) outside of eternity but within Infinity.

12 hours ago, Will Due said:

Except if the universe is made up of one place that always existed and is eternal and another place (where we live) that isn't eternal and was initiated at some point (Big Bang) outside of eternity but within Infinity.

I don't care what  you believe  Will.  You can believe in Jesus, you can believe in Buddah, you can believe in Allah, you can believe in Krishna, you can believe in the UBS (Urantia bull slobber), you can believe in the Batman and Penguin...

...it's all Fantasy.  All of it.  It is defined as Fantasy because you believe it.  If you knew it to be true...belief would not be required.  I don't care what you believe.  Have fun with it.  But I'm kind of bored with it all so...:st  No hard feelings eh?  You are a nice guy Will...you are just one more lost sheep on the road to the slaughter house...I wish you well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Will Due said:

Cosmology really isn't your thing is it Will.

• Haha 4

On 6/9/2022 at 2:37 AM, Will Due said:

I guess you just highlighted my point. I think most Christians, most Muslims, most Jews and most everyone who associates themselves or participates in some organized religion don't think of God in specifics. They just think of him in general terms. I know I do.

Let's see how you go UB thumping in downtown Iran.

• Like 4

On 6/9/2022 at 2:03 AM, Will Due said:

Yes, that's a good question. But I think most people when thinking about God aren't thinking of him in specific religious terms, per some doctrine that describes a specific God, say like Zeus and so forth.

I'm thinking more like a God in general, the one that a lot of people think created everything. The one that non-religious people think about when they resign themselves to settling down when saying something like "I guess I'm dealing with this nasty situation because it's a part of God's plan to make me stronger" or something like that.

Why do you think a non religious person would invoke god? 

That's a strange statement to make. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Why do you think a non religious person would invoke god? 

Because involvement with the traditions and rituals of organized religion doesn't necessarily equate to having a genuine personal spiritual experience. And vice versa.

In other words, you don't have to be a religious person to to be involved with genuine spiritual experience (with God).

That's what I think Jimi was referring to when he asked. Are you experienced? But what I think he was really asking is, are you recognizing what you are experiencing for what it really is?

Edited by Will Due

5 hours ago, Will Due said:

Because involvement with the traditions and rituals of organized religion doesn't necessarily equate to having a genuine personal spiritual experience. And vice versa.

In other words, you don't have to be a religious person to to be involved with genuine spiritual experience (with God).

So your referring to spiritual beliefs, not atheists? 

That's what I took your post to refer to, people who don't believe there's anything to ask of. 

5 hours ago, Will Due said:

That's what I think Jimi was referring to when he asked. Are you experienced? But what I think he was really asking is, are you recognizing what you are experiencing for what it really is?

When asked if the song was about drugs, which considering his lifestyle wasn't a bad guess, he said not necessarily, it's about being at peace with yourself, but he didn't say it wasn't about drugs either. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, SHaYap said:

When is a fart not a fart? 

When it runneth out... 

~

Is this a Confucius sayings?

• Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Is this a Confucius sayings?

Nope... Just Inspired by... 

• "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

:D

~

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

So your referring to spiritual beliefs, not atheists? 

I'm referring to spiritual experiences (not beliefs) and that even atheist have them.

When I say spiritual experience, I'm referring to an experience that involves God.

I'd like to clarify something.

When I say spiritual experience, I'm referring to an experience that involves God in the way that you're thinking (but not what you're thinking) during the experience.

Edited by Will Due

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

I'm referring to spiritual experiences (not beliefs) and that even atheist have them.

When I say spiritual experience, I'm referring to an experience that involves God.

Hi Will are you saying a persons spiritual experiences are void if that person has no god?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will are you saying a persons spiritual experiences are void if that person has no god?

No. It's vice versa.

Having no god, does not make a person's spiritual experiences void.

Edited by Will Due

18 hours ago, Will Due said:

(Ahem... *cracks knuckles*)

I think the mistake is in thinking there is just one thing Jimi was referring to in Are You Experienced?, lyrics-wise he is heavily influenced by Dylan who in many tunes is purposely utilizing ambiguous imagery and story-telling, and obviously you cannot ignore what was going on socially and chemically in the era in which he emerged and this song was created.  The crucial insight concerning Are You Experienced?, and many Dylan tunes, is that it means whatever it means to you, it's not 'about' whatever Jimi may have thought it was about he wasn't necessarily trying to convey what it may have meant to him, that is the point.

Regardless, here's a cool version of the Are You Experienced? guitar solo which on the studio track is actually backwards, but this is reversed and therefore what Jimi actually played forward.  To me it's just as far out as the backwards track on the album cut of the song, and if you can appreciate that he's choosing/composing what to play forwards based on what he thinks will sound cool backwards, well yea you probably Are Experienced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, Abramelin said:

It doesn't matter on what material the Qur'an was written on.

And may I remind you that the Qur'an was put into writing long after Mohammad (pbuh) died?

That is not accurate. The Quran was written as it was revealed (in parts) by the companions of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as he recited it to them.

The Birmingham Quran manuscript has been carbon dated to within the lifetime of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked