Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Gun Control debate is inherently dishonest

stevemagegod

We have a entire Governmental Agency dedicated to “Homeland Security” and Schools aren’t on “Homeland Security” list of concerns. Legit every School only has one Security Guard and one Cop. That’s it. Meanwhile every Professional Sports Stadium and Yes even Airport has crazy Security. But the State which forces your kid to be in Prison till 16 o wait I mean “School” that force your kids to be in “School” has trash security. Why do we guard our professional athletes, entertainers, Prisoners, Politicians,  and Yes even Airports with more Security then our kids get? 

More Guns is always the answer.  Politicians truly believe that even if they don’t always admit it. And any Politician for “Gun Control” shouldn’t get bodyguards that shoot first ask questions later. 

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, stevemagegod said:

We have a entire Governmental Agency dedicated to “Homeland Security” and Schools aren’t on “Homeland Security” list of concerns. Legit every School only has one Security Guard and one Cop. That’s it. Meanwhile every Professional Sports Stadium and Yes even Airport has crazy Security. But the State which forces your kid to be in Prison till 16 o wait I mean “School” that force your kids to be in “School” has trash security. Why do we guard our professional athletes, entertainers, Prisoners, Politicians,  and Yes even Airports with more Security then our kids get? 

money. Children don’t make it, while sports is an excuse to print the stuff.

• Like 7

High profile people can become targets.

Stadiums are large gatherings of people. Easy pickings for terrorist actions. Over the last decade this should be painfully obvious.

Kids should not be in any harms way at school. And in civilised countries, thats what happens. Gun culture erodes common sense and decency. Gun culture is outdated and barbaric. 

More Guns is always the answer.  Politicians truly believe that even if they don’t always admit it. And any Politician for “Gun Control” shouldn’t get bodyguards that shoot first ask questions later. 

It's never the answer. American mass shootings should tell anyone with even a half a brain that much. More guns as an answer is simply a moronic statement. Civilised countries illustrate that repeatedly on a daily basis. America's gun culture is a detriment to the country and people in it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

Ok then, so let’s start here. Homeland Security is a Federal Agency, while I agree that schools must be protected that responsibility falls to Majors, and state Governors not the Federal Government!  Your comparison of schools and prisons is at the least very weird and strange I don’t get your point at all but no matter. However, I do agree that security around schools must to be protected and I believe that all teachers should receive professional weapons training and then be armed! This can make the difference between a life and death situation if a mass shooting occurs at a school in the future, and it may also be enough to change a shooter mind before they even act!:yes: 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

I think what you're trying to get at is  maybe there's some Classism going on? Like for example, if there is Nuclear war only the Political/Social/Capitalist Elite will get top priority for survival? Or how someone mentioned above that most elite can afford their own security and the government gives it's officials free security. They aren't subjected to the same risk as the common man.

For this gun thing.. the Elite and their families are less likely to be killed in a mass shooting.

Down on the bottom of the totem pole is the common man and the VERY Public Schools which their kids go to and already seem to be underfunded.

Private/Parochial schools seem to have less mass shootings and less violence.

Edited by joseraul
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

Well the Police are /supposed/ to handle that, but Chief Wiggum down in Texas sort of shat the bed on that one...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

But the State which forces your kid to be in Prison till 16 o wait I mean “School” that force your kids to be in “School” has trash security.

Let me guess, you're mad that kids learn about global warming and how the proper response to meeting a gay man isn't to throw bibles at him until he stops with the sodomy?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Let me guess, you're mad that kids learn about global warming and how the proper response to meeting a gay man isn't to throw bibles at him until he stops with the sodomy?

Dude please stop I just spit coffee all over my computer!:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Well the Police are /supposed/ to handle that, but Chief Wiggum down in Texas sort of shat the bed on that one...

Dude, Chief Wiggum would have gone in to save the kids, he’s an eejit not a heartless coward.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Besides, we all know the Bibles are preserved for heathens, it’s cattle prods to zap away the gay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

Imagine living in a country and having to complain that the places you send your kids to be educated don’t have enough armed security to protect them from being shot to death. And thinking that this is somehow normal :lol:

I honestly can’t see a way back for you guys at this point. The only way is down.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

We have a entire Governmental Agency dedicated to “Homeland Security” and Schools aren’t on “Homeland Security” list of concerns. Legit every School only has one Security Guard and one Cop. 

Not sure you're going to be able to cope with this but:

In the UK, most schools have no police or security :o

I wonder what the difference could be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2022 at 10:43 PM, Setton said:

Not sure you're going to be able to cope with this but:

In the UK, most schools have no police or security :o

I wonder what the difference could be.

A chronic lack of FREEDOM(tm) in Blighty.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2022 at 7:53 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Imagine living in a country and having to complain that the places you send your kids to be educated don’t have enough armed security to protect them from being shot to death. And thinking that this is somehow normal :lol:

I honestly can’t see a way back for you guys at this point. The only way is down.

The delusion that Americans need to “live by the sword,” is being propagated, mostly by followers of the Man who first spoke those immortal words.

There’s a time for the undeluded to stand up for truth, every year.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Trelane said:

More seagull posting. @stevemagegod, are you going to come back to interact or is this another s*** post and run op?

To be fair I do that all the time. It brings me the same enjoyment as farting before leaving a room. You can watch the carnage unfold from afar.

• Haha 5

• 5 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 4:38 AM, stevemagegod said:

More Guns is always the answer.  Politicians truly believe that even if they don’t always admit it. And any Politician for “Gun Control” shouldn’t get bodyguards that shoot first ask questions later.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Gun control has been a problem in our country for ages. There are a lot of discussions, new laws, and policies, but still, the problem hasn't been solved. There are shootings and victims quite often. And some time ago I was looking for some info for my uni project, and I found so many reports, and articles about that problem, and I was surprised. If someone is interested, you can look what i found and read those gun control essay examples to find some more info on that topic. There was also one about schools, and I think that first of all, actions should be taken to protect schools and children. I hope that one day, the situation will improve.

I have the same question. The school security we have now is not enough to save kids. But, it's not the main problem -  guns are. We will have those shooting as long as gun control will be so weak. Now you can get a gun without problems ( legal or illegal ), and we have such negative consequences.

Edited by Isabella21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Ok then, so let’s start here. Homeland Security is a Federal Agency, while I agree that schools must be protected that responsibility falls to Majors, and state Governors not the Federal Government!  Your comparison of schools and prisons is at the least very weird and strange I don’t get your point at all but no matter. However, I do agree that security around schools must to be protected and I believe that all teachers should receive professional weapons training and then be armed! This can make the difference between a life and death situation if a mass shooting occurs at a school in the future, and it may also be enough to change a shooter mind before they even act!:yes: 

I disagree with training and arming teachers.   Some teachers I have encountered would be the ones who would shoot up the school.    I also don't think we need to change our gun laws.  We need to start enforcing the gun laws we have.   And that includes at gun shows and on the internet.   

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 5:53 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

The biggest problem is that a few nutters getting infamy in the news over and over to keep people afraid.  How do you act when you are afraid?  You lash out at any thing that moves (your neighbors) or you pull in and refuse to go out.    You make bad decisions and listen to bad advice when you are afraid, it is a totally machiavellian way to control large numbers, to get people to pay attention to nonsense while you rob them blind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I disagree with training and arming teachers.   Some teachers I have encountered would be the ones who would shoot up the school.    I also don't think we need to change our gun laws.  We need to start enforcing the gun laws we have.   And that includes at gun shows and on the internet.   

I agree with both of you to some degree on the teachers. I don't think that all teachers should be trained and armed. Some probably shouldn't be and some don't want to be and that's fine. I think armed teachers may be worth considering strictly on a volunteer basis and the screening/training program should not be easy. I want a marksman with a solid head on their shoulders in that case. 

As for armed security guards at schools I'm on board for sure.and if a district says they can't afford one I refuse to accept that. Pay the guy 50k a year and in most boroughs that's probably less than $1 or $2 per resident. Hell, I'll cough out a $100 per year myself for that. We don't need federal involvement. We can handle this on local levels.

• Like 1

My numbers were arbitrary and off the cuff. Upon reconsideration, pay them more. Make it a $100k job. It should be an elite position, highly sought after with ridged requirements and a waiting list like hospital helicopter pilots. Physical requirements, age requirements and strong psychological evaluations twice a year. Who would vote against that on a local ballot?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

And that includes at gun shows and on the internet.   

Have you ever attempted to purchase a gun on either of those situations?  The truth is that gun dealers, regardless of where they are selling, must obey the laws there just as they do in their local brick and mortar locations.  The only "loophole" is the private sale of guns and they are handled just as they would be if I had a friend who wanted to sell his gun and I wanted it.  THAT is the freedom that the Dems so badly want to end.  They will never accomplish it but they'll keep trying.  Even if they someday pass it as a law, it will mostly be ignored.  In fact, a LOT of what they pass in the future is going to be ignored.  The government in general is looking more and more illegitimate and it will be treated as such.  Enforcement is going to be dangerous and co$tly.

Edited by and-then

When i was in school i thought it was prison lol but i grew out of being so utterly ridiculous.

Parents have options like private schools and home schooling.

Gun control,

Yep, laws will pass and sure some who think they are above the law will ignore laws they do not like and get dragged off to the hoosegow baby tantrum style like a toddler who spent their last token at chuck e cheese.

That will be the start of weeding out those too unstable to own guns.

• Like 2

So the State of Oregon says it's fixed the school shootings issue with a new law that passed on Tuesday. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measure_114,_Changes_to_Firearm_Ownership_and_Purchase_Requirements_Initiative_(2022)

A "yes" vote supported this ballot initiative to:

• Require permits issued by local law enforcement to buy a firearm;
  • Require photo ID, fingerprints, safety training, criminal background check, and fee payment to apply for a permit; and
  • Prohibit manufacturing, importing, purchasing, selling, possessing, using, or transferring ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds and make violations a class A misdemeanor.

Screenshot_20221109-184242_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c21cf6cbc20bbd8bed2b149ef39f8c6d.jpg

So requires a permit from local police, and a background check, and training classes, and fingerprints.

I'm not going to hold my breath that the street idiots shooting each other ever day, and the crazy psychos, are going to obey these requirements.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

So the State of Oregon says it's fixed the school shootings issue with a new law that passed on Tuesday. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measure_114,_Changes_to_Firearm_Ownership_and_Purchase_Requirements_Initiative_(2022)

Screenshot_20221109-184242_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c21cf6cbc20bbd8bed2b149ef39f8c6d.jpg

So requires a permit from local police, and a background check, and training classes, and fingerprints.

I'm not going to hold my breath that the street idiots shooting each other ever day, and the crazy psychos, are going to obey these requirements.

And then the ones who claim thats too much to ask of them to own guns, so they refuse those requirements also.

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Like 1