Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vote of Confidence for Boris!!

ThereWeAreThen

6 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60289386

Oh dear seems like his own party has had enough of his rubbish! Sadly I think he'll remain in power though.

Come on guys, you can do it! Vote him out and get back to liberalism, unity, and possibly reconnecting with Europe! Populism never works out very well, and you've seen that clearly on both sides of the pond

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Come on guys, you can do it! Vote him out and get back to liberalism, unity, and possibly reconnecting with Europe! Populism never works out very well, and you've seen that clearly on both sides of the pond

I'd love to get rid of this corrupt kleptocracy but unfortunately I think he'll survive for now until the economy starts to tank. Got another 10 years atleast of Tory "leadership" IMO.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60289386

Oh dear seems like his own party has had enough of his rubbish! Sadly I think he'll remain in power though.

Come on man Boris is a bit eccentric and certainly strange but is he truly dangerous to the UK, I honestly Do not know so please educate me!:D

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Neither does Nationalism the US found the Hard way, and it dam near destroyed NATO!:yes: 

• Like 1

He and his cronies will just change the rules to say that the PM can only be removed by the popular vote and not the machinations of the mandarins in the Civil Service.

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Come on guys, you can do it! Vote him out 

Not our choice unfortunately. This is a vote among Tory MPs only, to decide whether they still want him as leader.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He and his cronies will just change the rules to say that the PM can only be removed by the popular vote and not the machinations of the mandarins in the Civil Service.

This is nothing to do with the civil service. It's Tory MPs saying they don't want him as leader. Those MPs then vote and if enough of them don't want him, he is replaced as leader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Come on man Boris is a bit eccentric and certainly strange but is he truly dangerous to the UK, I honestly Do not know so please educate me!:D

Yes he is. He's been using tax payers money to make him and his lackies richer. He's turned UK into a joke and he lies through his teeth. This government is so corrupt its beyond.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Setton said:

This is nothing to do with the civil service. It's Tory MPs saying they don't want him as leader. Those MPs then vote and if enough of them don't want him, he is replaced as leader.

The government Cabinet Ministers (Raab, Patel, Kwarteng,Dorries,Sunak, etc) will support him 100% because they know a new PM would sack them for incompetency. There are also about 100 (I think) junior ministers and under-secretaries who are employed by him indirectly and will support him for the same reasons. Then there are the new Tory MPs (the Red Wall MPs). This lot are particularly vulnerable because they are in a sense "traitors" to their constituents. They were elected on the promises of "Getting Brexit Done" (in a way advantageous to the UK) and "Leveling Up".  Since both these promises  are seeming more and more likely to be unfulfilled, they have to weigh up what will appeal more to their constituents- continue to support a mendacious, corrupt clown in the hope he will finally come good on his promises, or support an unknown new PM who will carry them out. Johnson himself is secure financially - as an ex-PM he is guaranteed millionaire status (he is already a millionaire) through appearances and books, etc. Junior MPs face an uncertain future if they make a wrong decision.

2 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Yes he is. He's been using tax payers money to make him and his lackies richer. He's turned UK into a joke and he lies through his teeth. This government is so corrupt its beyond.

If Manwon doesn't know, this thread is not really the place to bring him up to speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Neither does Nationalism the US found the Hard way, and it dam near destroyed NATO!:yes: 

Hi Manwon, if you are not aware of Brexit, Paterson, wallpapergate, Partygate, etc, this thread is not really the place to get some background. There is plenty of info out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a good summary of where we are:

The cabinet, or most of it, will back him: the large “payroll” vote of ministers are morally obliged to either vote for him or resign, and some Tory MPs remain irrationally devoted to the idea of “Boris” as a brilliant leader and gifted campaigner.

They are so invested in Brexit and in him that there is nothing he could do, no crime he could commit, that would persuade them that the game is up. These are people who believe he did well in the local elections, that Brexit is going swimmingly, that people are “moving on from Partygate”, and that the mainstream media made up the story that he was booed on the way in and again on the way out at the jubilee thanksgiving service.

So he’ll win, but it might be tight, and the vote will not “draw a line and move on”. Some big names may quit during the day, because many cannot accept the result. If you think Johnson is a disaster on Monday morning, you’re not going to believe he’s a genius on Monday evening, and no one would believe you if you said so.

Boris Johnson will win the confidence vote – but even so, it’s over for him | The Independent

Edited by The Silver Shroud

10 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Hi Manwon, if you are not aware of Brexit, Paterson, wallpapergate, Partygate, etc, this thread is not really the place to get some background. There is plenty of info out there.

Thanks but I am aware, and that’s partly do to the threads you started but thanks fir looking out!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Wow I am thinking of it, it’s becoming more clear, I got it sounds like he is related to Trump another waste of Air!:yes:

• Thanks 1

Incidently, those people who say the BBC have a left wing bias should remember that the Beeb toes the party line and try its best to cover for Johnson. They cut out the booing at Rembrance Sunday yesterday, they substituted old footage for the time he was drunk at the Cenotaph, (laying the wreath upside down and in the wrong place), and they did not report over the bottles of Prosecco being delivered to No 10 a few day ago:

BBC responds to claims it edited Boris Johnson booing audio | The National Wales

Free the Truth - A Short Speech - Craig Murray

Crates of prosecco and beer delivered to cabinet office after ‘mistake’ order | News | Independent TV

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Wow I am thinking of it, it’s becoming more clear, I got it sounds like he is related to Trump another waste of Air!:yes:

You are debating with the left wingers on UM.

Boris was hugely popular in our last election. A large majority of people rejected Corbyn for his Communism, his fantastical spending plans which could never be afforded, and of course a lot of people in his party had spent the last few years trying to frustrate Brexit. It held our country in a bizarre kind of limbo. So the population rejected the left and went for Boris in mass droves.

The media claim public outrage over Boris and his crew partying during lockdown. But the extent of that outrage has not been tested. I suspect its mostly the lefties that hate him and want him gone. Boris still gets my vote, although if I had the choice I would vote for Jacob Rees-Mogg. 

Edited by Cookie Monster

14 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

.. I would vote for Jacob Rees-Mogg. 

I'd like Liz to be PM. It would be so funny seeing stuff like this regularly. She thinks Yorkshire Tea is grown in Yorkshire. It is a shame her Party's deals will wipe out British farming:

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You are debating with the left wingers on UM.

Boris was hugely popular in our last election. A large majority of people rejected Corbyn for his Communism, his fantastical spending plans which could never be afforded, and of course a lot of people in his party had spent the last few years trying to frustrate Brexit. It held our country in a bizarre kind of limbo. So the population rejected the left and went for Boris in mass droves.

The media claim public outrage over Boris and his crew partying during lockdown. But the extent of that outrage has not been tested. I suspect its mostly the lefties that hate him and want him gone. Boris still gets my vote, although if I had the choice I would vote for Jacob Rees-Mogg. 

It is not just left wingers who want Johnson gone. Conservative Home have polled and decided he should, as do large swathes of the Tory Party and of course, a majority of the electorate. The only reason he is still hanging on is that the Tories hope he will be an electoral asset. Once the tide has been seen to have turned, he is toast- which seems to be happening.

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Well this topic went quiet fast lol.

I don't think anyone actually thought he'd lose. Certainly no one here said so.

But I guess you'd rather focus on your fantasy than the fact he's now less popular than Theresa May in her last 6 months, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1