Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO shows up during Queen's jubilee celebrations

An over pixelated birdie.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

An unidentified object was picked up on camera during this weekend's celebrations of the platinum jubilee.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/358163/ufo-shows-up-during-queens-jubilee-celebrations

That’s not a UFO:wacko: on holidays they let Prince Albert out of his can!:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

does anyone think its strange to give reputation points to a BOT,? For some reason I can’t help myself and ‘I do it every time!:lol:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

this is BS, the camera is on another aerial vehicle and this vehicle is itself moving, its very difficult to "mesure" speed of that "thing", when you have 3 objects moving independently and in different directions.

• Like 3

I just checked youtube. You can find this object from multiple angles (at least in still frame). 

So it's a real solid thing, not a lense flair

Edit. Even little Prince George ( I'm not a royal fan, but I think that's the name) appears to notice it

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I just checked youtube. You can find this object from multiple angles (at least in still frame). 

So it's a real solid thing, not a lense flair

Edit. Even little Prince George ( I'm not a royal fan, but I think that's the name) appears to notice it

So it's a drone...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

So it's a drone...

Could be. It must be known about, because it was restricted air space, and any unauthorized drone would be investigated you would think?

Plus the speed it traveled. A helicopter type drone just wouldn't keep up with jet fighters, and this thing definitely did keep up. There are military drones which could keep up i believe

Someone must have the rest of the footage? Camera cuts while the object is still in frame 

Edited by Hugh Mungus

6 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Could be. It must be known about, because it was restricted air space, and any unauthorized drone would be investigated you would think?

Plus the speed it traveled. A helicopter type drone just wouldn't keep up with jet fighters, and this thing definitely did keep up. There are military drones which could keep up i believe

Someone must have the rest of the footage? Camera cuts while the object is still in frame 

It didn’t ‘definitely’ keep up.

From the footage it could have even been relatively static and just looks like it moved fast due to the camera frame of reference/parallax.

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

Well maybe the aliens were just checking things out. Maybe they wanted to watch the celebration as well.

Shows the same "object" from the jet cockpit camera and the still frame at the end from the ground. 

Balloons don't move that fast.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Timothy said:

It didn’t ‘definitely’ keep up.

From the footage it could have even been relatively static and just looks like it moved fast due to the camera frame of reference/parallax.

From one angle that makes sense. But from multiple angles? That clearly doesn't make sense

Gents,

I can't comment on what the object was but I have my doubts it was a private or commercial drone. As a private drone operator I can say for certainty that the CAA had a NOTAM and restrictive zone covering most of London and East Anglia for most of that morning prohibiting flights of drones and private aircraft. Speed and performance looks beyond capabilities of those classes of drones anyway.

Gary  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gary1701 said:

Gents,

I can't comment on what the object was but I have my doubts it was a private or commercial drone. As a private drone operator I can say for certainty that the CAA had a NOTAM and restrictive zone covering most of London and East Anglia for most of that morning prohibiting flights of drones and private aircraft. Speed and performance looks beyond capabilities of those classes of drones anyway.

Gary  

Thanks for your opinion Gary. 

A bit of a point to make though. Do we really know its an "object"?

I believe that's why the US military now calls these phenomenon UAPs instead of UFOs. Unknown airial phenomenons. It could be ball lightning or some other unknown natural (or man made) occurrence and therefore not an object after all.

But in the video I posted above, there are still frame photos from the ground where the underside of this "object" looks quite dull and metalic rather than the bright white when seen from above

4 hours ago, gary1701 said:

Gents,

Gary  

Gary,

While you are certainly correct that there are restrictions on private and commercial drones, we have seen airports shut down because drone operators didn’t exactly adhere to said rules 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Too many "toys" in the skies these days its always hilarious to me that some true believers would rather make a huge jump that an unidentified flying object just has to be other worldly and not consider things a zillion times more likely and proven countless times,

Alien craft have never once been proven no matter how brow furrowed and teeth grinding true believers become over it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, the13bats said:

Too many "toys" in the skies these days its always hilarious to me that some true believers would rather make a huge jump that an unidentified flying object just has to be other worldly and not consider things a zillion times more likely and proven countless times,

Alien craft have never once been proven no matter how brow furrowed and teeth grinding true believers become over it.

Hey bats.

Care to comment what you think the UAP is?

Easy to throw accusations about "true believers" with "other worldly" explanations, but much less easy to propose you own explanation to explain the UAP from multiple angles

You would have thought that something like this would be a major discussion on a site for unexplained mysteries, but obviously most people are happy to leave them unexplained and excuse the mystery.

Even aliens celebrate longevity of her majesty!

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 1:28 AM, Hugh Mungus said:

Shows the same "object" from the jet cockpit camera and the still frame at the end from the ground. 

Balloons don't move that fast.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:34 AM, Hugh Mungus said:

From one angle that makes sense. But from multiple angles? That clearly doesn't make sense

The cockpit footage looks like a reflection within the cockpit and is not the object we’re seeing in the other footage.

Still frame from the ground might be the object from the footage but obviously doesn’t give any indication it was fast moving.

I’m sure it was captured from other angles, so feel free to post if you’ve seen others. 
But this clip you’re referring to with the cockpit footage and still frame don’t show anything which suggest that the original footage wasn’t just a balloon/some other object plus parallax.

• Like 2

So many cameras , lights pointing at the sky at that moment in time. Light reflecting of the smoke? I wonder if anyone actually saw this object with their own eyes at the event.

Edited by Jojo99