Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interview with a Gov't contractor, he shares a terrifying fire fight with a huge creature

Socio

Will have to watch the video  later on. Something is wrong with my monitor, may have to buy a new one. As far as Big foot goes, stories of these creatures are found in variou places  around the globe. You have the famous yetis, the almas, etc. Even in Durope, you have the green man, who is possibly more of a spirit. Have to look into the green man. Don't forget, native americans have mentioned Big Foot for  a very long time, just like skin walkers and Wendigos. Don't know if they have any legends of dogmen, but then everyone has heard of the Jersey Devil for 200, 300 years, about it running around in the new Jersey Pine Barrens, so who knows, maybe dogmen have been around a long time too.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

Will have to watch the video  later on. Something is wrong with my monitor, may have to buy a new one. As far as Big foot goes, stories of these creatures are found in variou places  around the globe. You have the famous yetis, the almas, etc. Even in Durope, you have the green man, who is possibly more of a spirit. Have to look into the green man. Don't forget, native americans have mentioned Big Foot for  a very long time, just like skin walkers and Wendigos. Don't know if they have any legends of dogmen, but then everyone has heard of the Jersey Devil for 200, 300 years, about it running around in the new Jersey Pine Barrens, so who knows, maybe dogmen have been around a long time too.

You really should do a bit of independent research you are in a way just parroting misinformation.

Edited by the13bats

On 6/21/2022 at 5:39 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for the story. But I must ask do you own the YouTube channel this story came from?

No I have nothing to do with I just thought it was interesting and had the audacity to share it on a forum where posters were curious about cryptids.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 6:20 PM, Socio said:

So you have to have irrefutable proof before you post anything let alone listen to, weigh the merit or hypothesize the possibilities of it's validity?

By your standards I guess the owners of this site should just shut it down because most of what is discussed here is without such proof.

Not at all.

The burden of proof, or the onus as many might say, lies with the person making the claim. People would like the government or other authority to address every idiotic, nonsensical claim that i stated. They do not have to. The person making the claim has to support it.

Let's suppose I claimed that dinosaurs died out because the Earth's gravity increased and they died because they were so large. Might sound a little crazy to you. You tell me that's wacko, nutsy, and crazy. I could reply with "Prove me wrong." You would be correct to counter  that I need to not prove but just show that there has been a change in the Earth's gravity. That's the way it should be. I made the claim and I have to support my claims rather than you proving me wrong.

In this case @Frozennorthman22posts a video and is pretending others have to show it is without merit. That's not the way to do things. It is up to the poster introducing the mteril to show there is merit to the video. 

Anyone can post anything and they do. Believe me they post everything from well thought out and evidenced statements to the most obvious lies a child could see through. People get pretty snarky when told that they are posting a lie that is trivial to reveal as a lie. And they attack those that show it is a lie. 

Well then there are questionable issues. What to do for society? Of course, there is no clear-cut answer. But each side has to support their own claims. No one gets to make a statement and pretend it needs to have others disprove it.

The poster of the really bad videos wants people to believe that the statements are true. A sound is definitely BF. Well show us BF making a sound. Not happening is it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Socio said:

No I have nothing to do with I just thought it was interesting and had the audacity to share it on a forum where posters were curious about cryptids.

I think the notion of cryptids is interesting. Why do people believe in strange creatures? The idea of transformation from man to wolf and back was considered possible by many people until evolution came about. It was that scientific breakthrough that made most people realize that such changes were not possible. The fossil record and an understanding of how life changes from generation to generation allowed people to realize that monsters are unlikely to exist.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stereologist said:

Not at all.

The burden of proof, or the onus as many might say, lies with the person making the claim. People would like the government or other authority to address every idiotic, nonsensical claim that i stated. They do not have to. The person making the claim has to support it.

Let's suppose I claimed that dinosaurs died out because the Earth's gravity increased and they died because they were so large. Might sound a little crazy to you. You tell me that's wacko, nutsy, and crazy. I could reply with "Prove me wrong." You would be correct to counter  that I need to not prove but just show that there has been a change in the Earth's gravity. That's the way it should be. I made the claim and I have to support my claims rather than you proving me wrong.

In this case @Frozennorthman22posts a video and is pretending others have to show it is without merit. That's not the way to do things. It is up to the poster introducing the mteril to show there is merit to the video. 

Anyone can post anything and they do. Believe me they post everything from well thought out and evidenced statements to the most obvious lies a child could see through. People get pretty snarky when told that they are posting a lie that is trivial to reveal as a lie. And they attack those that show it is a lie. 

Well then there are questionable issues. What to do for society? Of course, there is no clear-cut answer. But each side has to support their own claims. No one gets to make a statement and pretend it needs to have others disprove it.

The poster of the really bad videos wants people to believe that the statements are true. A sound is definitely BF. Well show us BF making a sound. Not happening is it.

Its like those who claim a cast was made from a track left by bigfoot,  it proves zero we need the foot that made the track.

• Like 2