Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live


spartan max2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

Figured this should be its own thread since these hearings will be happening for a couple weeks. Link below.

Starting today right now.

Allegedly what day one will be about 

Quote

A House panel investigating the attack is opening its landmark series of public hearings with video testimony from people close to the former president and footage revealing the role of the Proud Boys.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/06/09/us/jan-6-hearings

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So one part that stands out to me already are how we got Trump trying to replace the justice department. (People whom were appointed by him) because they wouldn't claim that the election was fraud. 

That's very dangerous and corrupt. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also evidence of Trump refusing to make a statement asking his supporters to leave the capital during the riot. Despite many people calling him.

The defense was led by orders from Mike Pence 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to assume this clip is taking Maddow out of context….?

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Also evidence of Trump refusing to make a statement asking his supporters to leave the capital during the riot. Despite many people calling him.

The defense was led by orders from Mike Pence 

Including calling in the National Guard.

I think the two things that stood out for me were:

1: Multiple Republican members of Congress asking Trump for a pardon for their roles in attempting to overturn the 2020 election..

2: Trump telling his staff that his supporters "were doing what they should be doing", when he was asked to call them off.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Including calling in the National Guard.

I think the two things that stood out for me were:

1: Multiple Republican members of Congress asking Trump for a pardon for their roles in attempting to overturn the 2020 election..

2: Trump telling his staff that his supporters "were doing what they should be doing", when he was asked to call them off.

That's pretty ****ing damning if you ask me. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I saw, lots of horrible people in that crowd. What happened to those police officers was cruel.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Then-President Donald Trump’s attorney general thought his lies and conspiracy theories claiming massive voting fraud in the 2020 election were “bull****” and “crazy stuff”—and Trump’s daughter Ivanka agreed.

The House Jan. 6 Select Committee opened its much-anticipated hearings on Thursday evening by showing videotaped depositions of both Attorney General Bill Barr and Ivanka Trump.

Barr testified that he told Trump that the claims of widespread voting fraud were “bull****,” and warned that claims by Trump and his allies that voting machines had been rigged against him had “zero basis” in reality.

“There was actually zero basis for the allegations, but they were made in such a sensational way that they obviously were influencing a lot of people, members of the public, that there was this systemic corruption in the system and that their votes didn't count and that these machines controlled by somebody else were actually determining it which was complete nonsense,” Barr testified. “I told them that it was crazy stuff and they were wasting their time and it was doing a great grave disservice for the country.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3pm4w/ivanka-trump-2020-election-lies-capitol-riot

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the campaign to stop Trump winning the next presidency has begun then.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So, the campaign to stop Trump winning the next presidency has begun then.

I take it you’ve looked at the evidence then?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

“Multiple members of Congress were seeking pardons for their role in attempting to overturn the election”.

You don’t seek pardons when you haven’t done something illegal.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

300 Proud Boy members left the rally before Trump even started speaking, making their way to the Capitol to prepare for the insurrection.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

300 Proud Boy members left the rally before Trump even started speaking, making their way to the Capitol to prepare for the insurrection.

MY DOG!!

Trump’s supporters are psychic as wel!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

MY DOG!!

Trump’s supporters are psychic as wel!!!

My favorites are the ones that turned up in the "MAGA: Civil War" shirts with the Jan 6th date on them.

They had merch, my dude. That's how pre-planned stuff kicking off on the 6th was.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So, the campaign to stop Trump winning the next presidency has begun then.

Well felony convictions DO preclude that, yes. But that's more incidental. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

MY DOG!!

Trump’s supporters are psychic as wel!!!

That’s one of the things that makes it really obvious that this was organised and coordinated. At this point, Trump supporters who deny what happened on Jan 6 are basically just emus.

They don’t want to believe it and so just choose to ignore anything that could confirm what some people have been saying since Jan 6, but also what many of us predicted long before the election.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So, the campaign to stop Trump winning the next presidency has begun then.

No one can force you to take the time to listen to the evidence. 

I'm sure all the hearing will be on YouTube as well. So feel free to listen to it 

It's clear Trump attempted a coup. And we are fortunate enough people in the government were not willing to go along with him.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

That’s one of the things that makes it really obvious that this was organised and coordinated. At this point, Trump supporters who deny what happened on Jan 6 are basically just emus.

They don’t want to believe it and so just choose to ignore anything that could confirm what some people have been saying since Jan 6, but also what many of us predicted long before the election.

Yeah it's the same thing they do with slavery, nazis, racism, yknow anything that's even remotely unpleasant the right wing has been involved in over history. If they actually had to own all the **** they've historically been responsible for, their entire platform would collapse because so much of it is utterly indefensible. You can't really come back from backing segregation, screaming at black girls going to school, stuff like the German American Bund, and so on. So how do you deal with that and not discard your blatantly awful ideology? Simple, blame it all on someone else so you don't have to admit your side had anything to do with it. 

 

Problem is, this is the era of the internet, we can look this **** up and the whole 'the civil war was about states rights' thing for an example doesn't work when you can google the Confederate President's inauguration address involving 'the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man'

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No just it’s the same conspiracy theory that we have been hearing for 5 years. The promoters of this theory just shift the goal posts and pen new twists as old one are proven false. The Russian collusion lie was just reformatted to exploit J6. Both are conspiracy theories about Trump “ending democracy”, Both are dependent on complex frame work of connected dots that unfortunately lack the critical connections. Its literally just a smear campaign paid for with our tax dollars. 
 

Quote

FBI arrests Michigan gubernatorial candidate on charges related to involvement in January 6 riot

(CNN)GOP Michigan gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley was arrested Thursday morning on misdemeanor charges related to his involvement in the Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, according to the Justice Department.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/politics/fbi-arrest-michigan-gubernatorial-candidate-ryan-kelley/index.html

So, the FBI is in the business of investigating misdemeanors? 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

No just it’s the same conspiracy theory that we have been hearing for 5 years. The promoters of this theory just shift the goal posts and pen new twists as old one are proven false. The Russian collusion lie was just reformatted to exploit J6. Both are conspiracy theories about Trump “ending democracy”, Both are dependent on complex frame work of connected dots that unfortunately lack the critical connections. Its literally just a smear campaign paid for with our tax dollars. 
 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/politics/fbi-arrest-michigan-gubernatorial-candidate-ryan-kelley/index.html

So, the FBI is in the business of investigating misdemeanors? 

 

You can't gaslight people when we saw the entire thing play out.

Trump tried to overturn the democratic election. He tried to pressure multiple branches of government to claim it was fraud, such as the justice department, and then tried to replace those people when they wouldn't.

He tried to have the vice president do things that are unconstitutional. And he happily sat there while his supporters stormed the capital, not doing anything to call them off.

That is all corrupt and a problem. And you should be concerned about it.

But you and others aren't because the guy who did it happens to say he wants low taxes and thinks our border needs a wall.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You can't gaslight people when we saw the entire thing play out.

Trump tried to overturn the democratic election. He tried to pressure multiple branches of government to claim it was fraud, such as the justice department, and then tried to replace those people when they wouldn't.

He tried to have the vice president do things that are unconstitutional. And he happily sat there while his supporters stormed the capital, not doing anything to call them off.

That is all corrupt and a problem. And you should be concerned about it.

But you and others aren't because the guy who did it happens to say he wants low taxes and thinks our border needs a wall.

No “we” aren’t concerned about it because the same politicians and media figures promoting this said the same things about the Russian collusion hoax and they have also made false accusations against myself and those others. It’s one thing to give objective consideration to accusations about someone else (which I did when the Russia allegations first were made) but it’s entirely something else to be accused of something yourself that you know you are not guilty of. If someone accused you of being a deplorable racist Nazi, would that lend credence to other claims they make? We aren’t concerned about this because we are aware of the dishonest track record the peddlers of these yarns have. 
 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/daryl-cooper-why-trump-supporters-are-p***ed-and-dont-trust-anything

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

No “we” aren’t concerned about it because the same politicians and media figures promoting this said the same things about the Russian collusion hoax and they have also made false accusations against myself and those others. It’s one thing to give objective consideration to accusations about someone else (which I did when the Russia allegations first were made) but it’s entirely something else to be accused of something yourself that you know you are not guilty of. If someone accused you of being a deplorable racist Nazi, would that lend credence to other claims they make? We aren’t concerned about this because we are aware of the dishonest track record the peddlers of these yarns have. 
 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/daryl-cooper-why-trump-supporters-are-p***ed-and-dont-trust-anything

So what are you denying? That Trump pressed the department of justice to call the election fraud? That Trump then tried to replace that department of justice ? That Trump pressed the vice president to overturn the election? That Trump contacted officials in Georgia telling them to overturn the election? That Trump didn't call off his supporters who were storming the capital despite many calls to him telling him to do that and that? it was Mike pence coordinating the defense 

We have evidence for all these things.

It was a failed coup because other Republicans and conservatives had the integrity that Trump and company did not.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A judge now ruled that we can see 159 emails from Trump's lawyers. Showing them pushing states to send "alternate electors" and showing how they avoided the courts because they knew they would loose a actual legal battle

 

Quote

By "binds", Carter meant that a court could say unequivocally that Pence was not able to reject states' election results at the January 6 hearing, which is exactly what Trump and his allies hoped Pence would be able to do.

 

"Because the attorney concluded that a negative court ruling would 'tank the January 6 strategy, [the attorney] encouraged the legal team to avoid the courts.

 

"This email cemented the direction of the January 6 plan. The Trump legal team chose not to seek recourse in court—instead, they forged ahead with a political campaign to disrupt the electoral count.

 

"Lawyers are free not to bring cases; they are not free to evade judicial review to overturn a democratic election."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-lawyers-schemed-on-january-6-strategy-rather-filing-suit-2022-6

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

So what are you denying? That Trump pressed the department of justice to call the election fraud? That Trump then tried to replace that department of justice ? That Trump pressed the vice president to overturn the election? That Trump contacted officials in Georgia telling them to overturn the election? That Trump didn't call off his supporters who were storming the capital despite many calls to him telling him to do that and that? it was Mike pence coordinating the defense 

We have evidence for all these things.

It was a failed coup because other Republicans and conservatives had the integrity that Trump and company did not.

So, Trump tired to do something that he didn’t end up doing and connecting the dots to a bunch of other things he didn’t end up doing it we get the conspiracy theory that he was trying to end Democracy? No one has ever accused Trump of being a Constitutional lawyer. 

He tried to stop the results what he believed was an stolen election. As far as I’m aware everything he did was legal. The things “tired” or thought he could to do were stopped by people more astute to the working of government than Trump. 

It’s literally the same thing I listened to about the Russian Collusion Hoax for 2 years, Trump has a “connection” to a Russian Bank, don Jr met with some random Russian lady, there’s a pee pee tape, yadda yadda yadda.. Trump was most certainly guilty, going to jail and many argued he should even be executed. 

It’s not lost on a lot of people that these leaps of faith and false narratives are always slanted to one political side. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.