Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

50 minutes ago, Katniss said:

:lol: You just wait until you get really old.

and have a stroke which results in an increased difficulty in communication, even writtten communication. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Pretty sure I heard all this same stuff from all the same people here the last couple of times we went through this. Can't wait for these charges to finally be the ones to get him :passifier:

I don't care if he gets convicted of anything. I just want this to be seen as a black spot in US history so that it never happens again.

And those who are concerned about fraud, they should also be upset with what happened because what Trump did will make it that much harder for people to believe in fraud claims in the future, if fraud ever does actually happen 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I don't care if he gets convicted of anything. I just want this to be seen as a black spot in US history so that it never happens again.

The problem is if this doesn't touch him it practically gives him martyr status which will make his die-hard supporters twice as rabid and also really make the democrats look like not only complete morons but also unhinged.

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

True :).  I just don't have much faith.  I think the worst thing that could happen to the USA would be for trump to run and win again.  I can't imagine the meltdowns.  It just wouldn't be worth it.  We need someone that can really unite us.  I would love to see Tulsi Gabbard or Nikki Haley as our next president in 2024.

The worst thing would be for him to run again and lose. They're already priming future elections for more of the same crap.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Pretty sure overthrowing an election is illegal. Maybe not in your country though.

“Overthrowing” an election? A better word might be “overturning”. And no, overturning an election is not illegal. 

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

True :).  I just don't have much faith.  I think the worst thing that could happen to the USA would be for trump to run and win again.  I can't imagine the meltdowns.  It just wouldn't be worth it.  We need someone that can really unite us.  I would love to see Tulsi Gabbard or Nikki Haley as our next president in 2024.

I don't agree with some of the things those two say, but anything is better than Trump. Although I don't think he would win in 2024 anyway.

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

and have a stroke which results in an increased difficulty in communication, even writtten communication. 

Yes that will do it too. And don't forget long covid.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

“Overthrowing” an election? A better word might be “overturning”. And no, overturning an election is not illegal. 

All stuff that the supreme court would of ruled unconstitutional.

Trump's law team purposely avoided going to court over the VPs powers and over alternate electors ahead of time because they knew how the ruling would go. What does that tell you El?

Once again, that should be something you have a problem with. Trump didn't care about the legality of his actions. He didn't care about their being actual fraud.

He just wanted to overturn the voters. To bypass democracy 

Edited by spartan max2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

The list was in the post you're quoting..

But here it is again.

It's all important. Do you deny he did these things or do you just not see it as a problem?

“That Trump pressed the department of justice to call the election fraud?”

Don’t care. “Pressing” someone to do something is an everyday occurrence. You are pressing me to address this list, 

That Trump then tried to replace that department of justice ?”

Trump tried to replace the department of justice? Not really sure what you are talking about. Did this involve something illegal?

That Trump pressed the vice president to overturn the election?”

Another “pressing” of someone to do something they can’t. 

“That Trump contacted officials in Georgia telling them to overturn the election? “

So Trump called someone, told them to do something he can’t tell them to do and something they also can’t do and didn’t do? 

“That Trump didn't call off his supporters who were storming the capital despite many calls to him telling him to do that and that? “

He did. He tweeted and then went on air and told them to go home.  He told them to remain peaceful before the riot too, Maybe not as choppity chop-chop as you would have liked but he wasn’t cheering them on and rationalizing the violence like Democrats did for an entire year, So, your complaints about timelines are moot, 

So which one is the illegal one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Can we get an investigation into the four guards who committed 'suicide' over broken glass. One or two (possibly even three) I get that but four?. Two in the same week. Is it just me or does this seem insane?

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So which one is the illegal one?

Since this seems to be the only thing you care about, I'll ask. Let's assume no charges will ultimately be able to be pressed.

Do you support what Trump did? 

Do you find it not a problem if Trump was able to overturn the democratic election and find his way into the white house through some loop holes?

If you support what he did than you do not support democracy. It seems pretty straight forward.

Edited by spartan max2

13 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Another “pressing” of someone to do something they can’t. 

Do you see Trump pressing the vice president to do something that Trump knows is unconstitutional as a corrupt or bad thing ?

51 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

“That Trump pressed the department of justice to call the election fraud?”

Don’t care. “Pressing” someone to do something is an everyday occurrence. You are pressing me to address this list, 

It's entirely different if "Joe Average" presses you to do something rather than the president of the USA.

• Like 3

Trying to stop the counting of votes in Congress, is obstruction and it is illegal.

Trying to coerce state officials to falsifying vote totals is racketeering.

Promoting false slates of electors is a crime.

Sitting for three hours watching a riot tear through the capital is not a crime, but it is likely something Vladimir Putin was doing in his official residence.  It is not something you would expect ANY President of the United States to do no matter how egregiously he thinks he was treated.  If a President cannot pursue his options through a judicial system full of conservative judges he appointed, but relies on violence, he is unfit to be president.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

No I haven’t.  I haven’t even accused the Ukrainian government of “being Nazi” let alone the people who support the war.  

Whatever you say, the volume of posts everyone has seen say otherwise.

Post #31 Matlock, 

So you do understand that attempting a crime and being foiled is still a crime. 

So what's your issue?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

“Monkey”?  ….ok Ms. Barr. 

The saying is "not my circus, not my monkeys".

Of course if the cap fits two ways...

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Yup.  I'm with you.  As you said, nothing Trump tried to do was illegal.  The Democrats need to take a step back, say Trump was right, and the precedence has been set.  The next election, the votes don't matter.  The Vice President throws out the electoral votes he says are fraudulent, and the President is hand picked.  We really don't even need to have an election in 2024...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

All stuff that the supreme court would of ruled unconstitutional.

Trump's law team purposely avoided going to court over the VPs powers and over alternate electors ahead of time because they knew how the ruling would go. What does that tell you El?

Once again, that should be something you have a problem with. Trump didn't care about the legality of his actions. He didn't care about their being actual fraud.

He just wanted to overturn the voters. To bypass democracy 

Maybe he didn’t care about the legality of what he was doing? That however didn’t get in the way of him not breaking the law. 

I should care about the hypothetical of Trump maybe “not caring” about the legality of what he was doing? Should I care about it more than any of the other politically slanted takes the media and Democrats have “pressured” the public into believing? Kyle Rittenhouse was a white Supremacists? The catholic covington boys were racists who surrounded and taunted an innocent Native American? Trump colluded with Russia? Brett Kavanaugh is a gang rapist? Amy Coney Barrett Is a racist? Trump refused to denounce Nazis? Trump called Nazis very fine people? Jesse Smolette was a modern day lynching? Hunter Biden’s laptop is Russian disinformation? The list goes on and on and the media’s margin for error is always slanted to the left. Help me out, name a story the media got wrong and reported it incorrectly in the favor of the political right? 

People get things wrong, mistakes happen. However, when the “mistakes” are always in favor of a specific political narrative that’s not an error. 

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Since this seems to be the only thing you care about, I'll ask. Let's assume no charges will ultimately be able to be pressed. Do you support what Trump did? 

Give a speech in which he told his supporters to peaceful make themselves heard? Yeah I support that. Democrats should be held to the same standard, 

Do you find it not a problem if Trump was able to overturn the democratic election and find his way into the white house through some loop holes?

“Do I” “if”?

Would the “loop holes” be legal? If so then no I wouldn’t have a problem with it because the legal procedure and recourse for our elections is detailed in law. 

If you support what he did than you do not support democracy. It seems pretty straight forward.

Well, if he didn’t do anything illegal and you support persecuting him, you don’t support democracy either. 

Edited by el midgetron

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Trying to stop the counting of votes in Congress, is obstruction and it is illegal.

Trying to coerce state officials to falsifying vote totals is racketeering.

Promoting false slates of electors is a crime.

Sitting for three hours watching a riot tear through the capital is not a crime, but it is likely something Vladimir Putin was doing in his official residence.  It is not something you would expect ANY President of the United States to do no matter how egregiously he thinks he was treated.  If a President cannot pursue his options through a judicial system full of conservative judges he appointed, but relies on violence, he is unfit to be president.

I gotta give credit to Tate. He can at least list things as being illegal. The vocabulary games the rest of you are wrapped up in wack.

Not sure I agree with Tate’s assessments but he can at least articulate his position. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Whatever you say, the volume of posts everyone has seen say otherwise.

Should be easy enough for you to quote one of those posts then. 

So you do understand that attempting a crime and being foiled is still a crime. 

So what's your issue?

You guys  go from connecting the “attempting” dot to the “murder” dot without question. However, overturning an election is not illegal. Attempting to over turn an election is not the same as attempting to commit a crime, It’s like some of you have been using words you don’t really even understand,

15 hours ago, el midgetron said:

No “we” aren’t concerned about it because the same politicians and media figures promoting this said the same things about the Russian collusion hoax and they have also made false accusations against myself and those others. It’s one thing to give objective consideration to accusations about someone else (which I did when the Russia allegations first were made) but it’s entirely something else to be accused of something yourself that you know you are not guilty of. If someone accused you of being a deplorable racist Nazi, would that lend credence to other claims they make? We aren’t concerned about this because we are aware of the dishonest track record the peddlers of these yarns have. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/daryl-cooper-why-trump-supporters-are-p***ed-and-dont-trust-anything

Right it was such a hoax that half his campaign staff got indicted for playing footsie with Russia...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

I gotta give credit to Tate. He can at least list things as being illegal. The vocabulary games the rest of you are wrapped up in wack.

Not sure I agree with Tate’s assessments but he can at least articulate his position. 

No worries.  It remains to be seen how far that gets, and if it ever does get in front of  a judge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Give a speech in which he told his supporters to peaceful make themselves heard? Yeah I support that. Democrats should be held to the same standard, 

“Do I” “if”?

Would the “loop holes” be legal? If so then no I wouldn’t have a problem with it because the legal procedure and recourse for our elections is detailed in law. 

Well, if he didn’t do anything illegal and you support persecuting him, you don’t support democracy either. 

It's certainly your choice to not be upset, and to defend, Trump trying to banana republic the election and overturn the voters. But don't be surprised that most of the nation is angry about it . 

Also you continue to ignore that Trump knew what he wanted to do was unconstitutional and his law team avoided court challenges on these things ahead of time because they knew that. Instead choosing to do one of the most disgraceful political displays in our election's history (According to his law teams emails )

Edited by spartan max2