Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

30 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

What would be their corrupt priorities as opposed to republicans priorities?

What are either of their priorities?  Neither one can get anything done except keep pumping money into the military industrial complex.  Both push through bills that are so far to one direction or the other or are so weighed down with pork that nobody really want's them to go through (have to believe that's no accident, because then they can just say "Look, we tried to push XX through and those guys killed it because they hate you and your values") They (administrative branch) refuse to pass any legislation to give them incentive to be more reasonable (term limits, blind trusts for stock portfolios in office).  Both sides are beyond redemption and out of excuses IMO.  Too bad most of America are blind to how they are really the same party.

• Like 3

The Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the United States Capitol held its third hearing on Thursday afternoon, which many observers on social media found “boring.”

The hearing was so boring, in fact, that NBC News’ Lester Holt announced the network was ending its live broadcast of the hearing to air the U.S. Open golf tournament.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/06/16/january-6-committees-third-hearing-so-boring-nbc-cut-to-golf-instead/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What are either of their priorities?  Neither one can get anything done except keep pumping money into the military industrial complex.  Both push through bills that are so far to one direction or the other or are so weighed down with pork that nobody really want's them to go through (have to believe that's no accident, because then they can just say "Look, we tried to push XX through and those guys killed it because they hate you and your values") They (administrative branch) refuse to pass any legislation to give them incentive to be more reasonable (term limits, blind trusts for stock portfolios in office).  Both sides are beyond redemption and out of excuses IMO.  Too bad most of America are blind to how they are really the same party.

Although they have differences in the details, in general their ambitions are the same, stay in power, enrich themselves.  I think some % on both sides of the aisle are idealistic and probably do want to help, but it seems like less than 10% most of the time.   Changing rules on active stock trading and legislating term limits might help.  Getting lobbyists out of th epicture would probably help.  Limiting unreported corporate giving might also be a deterrent.  So here we are.  At this rate in a decade, prospects will look pretty dismal for our children and grandchildren.  We are failing to live up to the potential of being free and responsible simultaneously.

• Like 2

@Tatetopa I don't know about getting lobbyists out of the picture as certain industries and causes need advocates, but definitely the rules around lobbying need to be changed to minimize risk of corruption. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

The Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the United States Capitol held its third hearing on Thursday afternoon, which many observers on social media found “boring.”

The hearing was so boring, in fact, that NBC News’ Lester Holt announced the network was ending its live broadcast of the hearing to air the U.S. Open golf tournament.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/06/16/january-6-committees-third-hearing-so-boring-nbc-cut-to-golf-instead/

I feel like they picked some pretty dumb time slots.

I say as someone who wanted to watch it. I watched the first one because it was actually in the afternoon. But the other ones have been at like 10 in the morning during the week day when I'm obviously at work lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nah, most are quite clearly just enablers. Trying to tell me Trump supporters would have marched against Trump if he had succeeded? Not a chance.

You would have went along with it, or at least the vast majority of Republican voters would have, because it suits you to do so.

That's my feelings as well.

I definitely don't believe everyone, or even most people, who voted for Trump are violent. And I know a large amount do not believe the election was fraud.

But what I find concerning is how it seems those republicans do not care about what Trump did, or about the more extremist elements in the republican party.

I agree. If Tump actually pulled off overturning the election and staying president, I feel many of them would not care that much because Trump supports policies they like  

• Like 2

One of the Supreme court justices wife communicating with Trump's team is certainly not a good look 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3527863-house-democrat-calls-for-clarence-thomas-to-resign-following-report-of-wifes-email-with-eastman/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

One of the Supreme court justices wife communicating with Trump's team is certainly not a good look 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3527863-house-democrat-calls-for-clarence-thomas-to-resign-following-report-of-wifes-email-with-eastman/

She doesn't automatically give up her rights to act as a normal everyday American just because she's a Justice's wife. She is entitled to email whom she pleases about any subject she pleases.

Look bad? Perspective--------- If it was a liberal Justice's wife or husband you could hear a pin drop over the outrage that would not be voiced.

Well the replies should be good. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think there was a thread about this a while back.  The thing is she led an active political life way before any of this, if I remember she ran an organization to counter Hillary's attempt to reform healthcare decades ago and possibly runs some kind of  think tank, so expecting that Clarence Thomas would consider resigning because of what his wife says or does is pure fantasy.  Not his fault anyways, I mean good luck telling your wife not to do something.  She'll usually do it twice as much just to p*** you off.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

She doesn't automatically give up her rights to act as a normal everyday American just because she's a Justice's wife. She is entitled to email whom she pleases about any subject she pleases.

Look bad? Perspective--------- If it was a liberal Justice's wife or husband you could hear a pin drop over the outrage that would not be voiced.

Well the replies should be good. :rolleyes:

Didn't say it was illegal. But I don't think you can blame people for not liking the idea of their supreme court justices having email with Trump's campaign.

The supreme court is supposed to be an independent institution.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think there was a thread about this a while back.  The thing is she led an active political life way before any of this, if I remember she ran an organization to counter Hillary's attempt to reform healthcare decades ago and possibly runs some kind of  think tank, so expecting that Clarence Thomas would consider resigning because of what his wife says or does is pure fantasy.  Not his fault anyways, I mean good luck telling your wife not to do something.  She'll usually do it twice as much just to p*** you off.

Unless there are some very explicitly collaborative emails, which I assume there are not or else they would of mentioned it, than I don't think he should resign.

But it does look bad and I don't like it

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Unless there are some very explicitly collaborative emails, which I assume there are not or else they would of mentioned it, than I don't think he should resign.

But it does look bad and I don't like it

Yeah but his job doesn't preclude her from having the right to political activity.  also no matter what she did even if illegal they would have to prove he used his position to assist her in doing something illegal.  Due process and all that inconvenient stuff

27 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah but his job doesn't preclude her from having the right to political activity.  also no matter what she did even if illegal they would have to prove he used his position to assist her in doing something illegal.  Due process and all that inconvenient stuff

Kinda like when Clinton met Loretta Lynch on the airport tarmac.  

Edit to add: Or when MTG went to that white supremacist rally: Marjorie Taylor Greene addresses white supremacist conference ahead of CPAC (nypost.com)

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Didn't say it was illegal. But I don't think you can blame people for not liking the idea of their supreme court justices having email with Trump's campaign.

The supreme court is supposed to be an independent institution.

And unbaised. 

• Like 2

Did the J6 committee answer the question as to who was responsible for security around the Capitol? I stumbled across this video earlier today while watching YouTube. Seems that they had a good amount of security at this event in 2017, plenty of riot police. Then the DOJ dropped all charges related to the incident, nearly 200 people who were arrested were let go. Zero charges. Zero prosecutions. 

If that kind of police presence existed on J6, history would have played out differently. It's almost like someone intentionally left the security lax on J6.... though it wanders into conspiracy territory if we were to speculate on who that someone might be. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, DieChecker said:

So we have at least one nutbar out of... how many rioters? So this was a group of rioters who in their After Action meeting were "big man" bragging at each other? 

He's a member of the Proud Boys, the group that have been charged with seditious conspiracy.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, DieChecker said:

Did the MAGA Shaman guy say he wanted to kill people? What sbout the guy who carried off the podium? Wanted to kill people? I think we're looking at a small lunatic fringe, even among the body of rioters.

People act differently in mobs. It's easy to get swept up in the moment. You only need a few people to kick things off — as evidenced by the breach.

21 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nah, most are quite clearly just enablers. Trying to tell me Trump supporters would have marched against Trump if he had succeeded? Not a chance.

You would have went along with it, or at least the vast majority of Republican voters would have, because it suits you to do so.

Oh you are too funny. Based on what?

You think MOST Republicans would be OK with a Trump takeover... Even though like 90% to 95% of Trumps own WH staff didn't back him. Almost no one did.

Tell you what, make the big prediction of what will happen in the November Elections, and if you're right... I'll consider you as having much better political knowledge then me. 

Or just predict accurately what will come of Trump from this 1-6 committee...

Give me a reason to believe you're opinions are wise, and not just emotional wishing.

I have my opinions on both, and my opinions on what were Trumps odds of carrying off his 1-6 Plan.

If you're wrong, and I'm right... You won't have to eat crow, because knowing I'm right at that point would be enough for me.

4 hours ago, Tiggs said:

He's a member of the Proud Boys, the group that have been charged with seditious conspiracy.

And how many of the 2000 rioters were Proud Boys? How far in the building did they (Proud Boys) get? 

I understand their an extremist group and need to be reined in and punished, but there have been many Proud Boys riots in Portland, and they've yet to kill anyone here that I know of.

People act differently in mobs. It's easy to get swept up in the moment. You only need a few people to kick things off — as evidenced by the breach.

True. And likely thats why there's over 800 arrests. Many people, who otherwise would know better, got swept up in the riot and fought, and entered the building. 

Its also true that it would take only one guy actually killing someone, to set off wider scale violence. But, that didn't happen, and there's little real evidence that it even got close to that. Closest I can remember it people throwing things at the police, and one officer shooting at people breaking down a door. After being shot at most of the people ran, rather then mobbing the officer and killing him.

15 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Kinda like when Clinton met Loretta Lynch on the airport tarmac.  

Edit to add: Or when MTG went to that white supremacist rally: Marjorie Taylor Greene addresses white supremacist conference ahead of CPAC (nypost.com)

MTG is an idiot. 

18 hours ago, OverSword said:

Kind of like Pelosi refuses to resign though her husband miraculously invests in companies she knows Congress is going to give contracts to. He apparently is just lucky in his choices, because she says she never gives him stock advice.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, el midgetron said:

More boring then Golf?? That takes some doing, IMHO. :w00t:

• Haha 3

Just now, DieChecker said:

And how many of the 2000 rioters were Proud Boys?

More than a handful. They gathered as a group at the Washington Monument, prior to marching to the Capitol.

19 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

How far in the building did they (Proud Boys) get? 

They were heavily involved in all of the breaches.

I can't post it here, due to strong language and violence -- but feel free to google "rile up the normies" for a recent video review of their activity on the 6th from the New York Times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

You think MOST Republicans would be OK with a Trump takeover... Even though like 90% to 95% of Trumps own WH staff didn't back him. Almost no one did.

Tell you what, make the big prediction of what will happen in the November Elections, and if you're right... I'll consider you as having much better political knowledge then me. 

Or just predict accurately what will come of Trump from this 1-6 committee...

Give me a reason to believe you're opinions are wise, and not just emotional wishing.

I have my opinions on both, and my opinions on what were Trumps odds of carrying off his 1-6 Plan.

If you're wrong, and I'm right... You won't have to eat crow, because knowing I'm right at that point would be enough for me.

I guess it depends on how you define "Be okay with".

If Pence sent the electors back, and then alternate electors were sent by enough states. And ultimately trump ended up maintaining the presidency.

What would you do? Would you vote Democrat in the next election? Protest? 

I agree with Expand. I think the republicans who do not believe their were fraud would ultimately grumble a little bit and then throw their hands up and continue to vote Republican despite Trump's takeover and grip on the republican party. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Based on the response of Republican Congress people.

I don't think you would, but Republican Congress people, all but about 15 either helped lead this or went along for the ride because POWER.  Those who stood up to Trump have been shoved aside.

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I guess it depends on how you define "Be okay with".

If Pence sent the electors back, and then alternate electors were sent by enough states. And ultimately trump ended up maintaining the presidency.

What would you do? Would you vote Democrat in the next election? Protest? 

I agree with Expand. I think the republicans who do not believe their were fraud would ultimately grumble a little bit and then throw their hands up and continue to vote Republican despite Trump's takeover and grip on the republican party. 

Basically, I think that in a nation where that actually happened... We'd deserve what we got. 

You're asking me what I would do if my car was on fire and going to explode... When I know cars don't actually explode. It just doesn't happen without a great deal of help. Trump wasn't going to win. Not without a great deal of help. Help that just didnt exist.

Saying conservatives would be OK with it is basically like saying if Biden declared men could only marry men, and woman could only marry woman, and that liberal democrats would be OK with it. Its completely contrived, and based on a generally untrue stereotype.

Plus, I've not seen a single state that had a single "alternate" elector ready to go just in case. I dont think any of the GOP governors would have gone along with it. The riots that would happen would make the BLM riots look like My Little Pony tea parties. 

It simply wasn't... couldnt... didn't, happen. Odds Trump pulls out the win was near zero.