Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's not a bill.  It's their platform.  Basically, it is the definition of what you have to believe to be a Republican in Texas.

Oh. True. It was the GOP Party convention, right. Still crazy IMHO. 

On 6/19/2022 at 10:48 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Considering that a large portion of Republican voters just choose the pro Trump, 2020 election conspiracy-touting candidate, yes, I do believe you guys would just go with it.

Hell, the entire Texas GOP just declared the Biden presidency illegitimate.

What planet are you living on? Because your country is going down the shitter and you’re too busy looking at your 401k to even care about noticing.

A lot of candidates are pro Trump for political expediency, IMHO. They're only agreeing so they gain the use his reputation to help get elected. Some are actual Trump nuts, I'd agree. But I don't think its most of them.

At least five congressional Republican allies of Donald Trump sought White House pardons after supporting his attempts to overturn his 2020 election defeat, witnesses on Thursday told the U.S. House of Representatives probe into the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol.

Their names emerged at the end of a fifth day of hearings that focused on how the then-president pressured top Justice Department officials daily in his final weeks in office to help him illegally hold onto power.

Trump sought to replace Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with Jeffrey Clark, a Justice Department environmental lawyer and staunch supporter of Trump's false claims that his defeat was the result of widespread fraud.

That move was headed off only when most of the rest of Justice Department leadership threatened to resign en masse if Trump carried it out.

"The president didn't care about actually investigating the facts. He just wanted the Department of Justice to put its stamp of approval on the lies," Representative Adam Kinzinger, a Republican committee member, said at Thursday's hearing.

Source: Reuters

• Like 4

A few nuggets...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61919294

Democrat Bennie Thompson, said his committee was not going to make any criminal referrals to the US Justice Department based on the investigation.

Ronna McDaniel, chair of the Republican National Committee, testified that the president called her to discuss plans to organise "alternate" presidential electors who would claim that Mr Trump actually won their states.

When Mr Donoghue and his fellow Justice employees refused, the president considered naming a new attorney general, Jeffrey Clark, who would take action. But the senior Justice Department team threated to resign en masse.

recounting how members of Congress had requested presidential pardons for their involvement in attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential results. The list included Matt Gaetz of Florida and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia.

"The only reason I know to ask for a pardon is because you think you committed a crime," said committee member Adam Kinzinger, a Republican.

So we know that the DOJ was FIRMLY not going to support Trumps plan. And we know Trump was involved with the fake electors. And we know many who supported Trump begged for pardons. Greatly implying they knew they had been in the wrong, and even criminal. 

Those who acted criminally should be removed from office.

Strange how Thompson said "no charges".

• Like 1

A possible result of the 1-6 committee. Weaken Trump to the point DeSantos becomes the GOP top ticket.

https://www.newsweek.com/desantis-sharpening-his-knives-jan-6-hearings-dent-trump-gop-donor-1719258

Those close to the DeSantis camp also spoke about the situation with Politico. One adviser to the governor, speaking on the promise of anonymity, said that the select committee findings are not viewed as a "nail in the coffin" for Trump's reelection prospects, but rather another useful distraction that will make his candidacy less appealing to high-level GOP operatives. Some recent head-to-head polls of Republican activists have even begun to show DeSantis leading the GOP pack in 2024, surpassing Trump

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

A few nuggets...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61919294

So we know that the DOJ was FIRMLY not going to support Trumps plan. And we know Trump was involved with the fake electors. And we know many who supported Trump begged for pardons. Greatly implying they knew they had been in the wrong, and even criminal. 

Those who acted criminally should be removed from office.

Strange how Thompson said "no charges".

Its difficult to charge presidents with crimes. 

Even impeachments have only ever been successful when one party has a majority and votes party line. Romney was the first senator to ever vote to impeach his own party 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

The House Jan. 6 panel is calling a surprise hearing this week to present evidence it says it recently obtained, raising expectations of new bombshells in the sweeping investigation into the Capitol insurrection.

The hearing scheduled for 1 p.m. on Tuesday comes after Congress left Washington for a two-week recess. Lawmakers on the panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection said last week that there would be no more hearings until July.

The subject of the hearings is so far unclear. A spokesman for the panel declined to comment on its substance.

Source: AP

• Like 4

We currently have a witness, one of trump's white house aides, testifying that Trump tried to get rid of security on Jan 6th

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

We currently have a witness, one of trump's white house aides, testifying that Trump tried to get rid of security on Jan 6th

She’s basically testifying that the coup was enabled, encouraged and pretty much planned from the very top.

What a timeline.

• Like 3

No one cares, this is a huge waste of time. It isn't going to affect elections. If Trump runs, he wins, unless Biden can dramatically turn this economy around. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No one cares, this is a huge waste of time. It isn't going to affect elections. If Trump runs, he wins, unless Biden can dramatically turn this economy around. 

Trump's Whitehouse aide is clearly just a trump hater.

The aides testimony must all be lies :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

A more detailed run down of today's revelations:

So to summarize the biggest bombshells today:

1. After his speech on 1/6, Trump demanded that he go to the Capitol. When his Secret Service told him that wasn't possible, he tried to grab the steering wheel of The Beast and assaulted his secret service agent.

2. Trump was aware that his supporters were armed, and tried to get the metal detectors removed that prevented people from getting into his speech with weapons because they "weren't there to harm me", with me being Trump.

3. Mark Meadows knew Trump didn't want to stop the rioters, and didn't even do anything about it until WH Counsel basically forced him to go talk to Trump.

4. Trump and WH Counsel were talking about the Pence death chants right before Trump sent out the Pence tweet at 2:24, and Meadows acknowledged to WH Counsel that Trump thought Pence deserved to die and agreed with the rioters.

5. The only people able to reach the President were members of Fox News (Sean Hannity). Not his children, not WH staff, not his Chief of Staff - only Fox News people.

6. Meadows requested that the language about pardoning the rioters be included in Trump's statement. We all know later that Meadows requested a pardon from Trump.

7. Several witnesses had people reach out to them in an attempt to intimidate or influence their testimony/deposition, and the committee knows who those people are.

Did I miss anything?

EDIT: 8. Michael Flynn invoked the 5th amendment when being asked if he believes in the peaceful transition of power. He also pleaded the 5th when being asked if he believed the violence on 1/6 was justified morally and/or legally.

EDIT2: 9. There were 3 general camps of administration/campaign officials with regards to how the administration should respond to the insurrection: Camp 1 included those who wanted the President to condemn the violence, Camp 2 were the "neutral" people, and Camp 3 was the "deflect and blame" people who wanted to claim it was Antifa/BLM. Meadows was in the Camp 3.

EDIT3: 10. DOJ and SS were aware of plans for armed rioters at capital days in advance of Jan 6. Police were reporting armed rioters before the attack.

So Trump knew there were armed protestors, said he didn't care because they weren't there for him and to let them in, then directed his supporters to march on the Capitol and fight.

This **** is insane.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Despite all the goings-on in the hearings, I think you’re right.

Oh boy!!  They have him this time!!  The other times they had him were just practice, but this is for sure the real deal!!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Despite all the goings-on in the hearings, I think you’re right.

puppet-show-648x316.jpg

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oh boy!!  They have him this time!!  The other times they had him were just practice, but this is for sure the real deal!!! :lol:

puppet-show-648x316.jpg

Serious question, do you genuinely just not care that your previous President incited an insurrection against the legitimate government and tried to overthrow the incumbent government?

You claim to be an independent. You should care a whole lot more about this than you clearly do. It's the single most significant challenge to your country since the Civil War. That's not even hyperbole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Serious question, do you genuinely just not care that your previous President incited an insurrection against the legitimate government and tried to overthrow the incumbent government?

You claim to be an independent. You should care a whole lot more about this than you clearly do. It's the single most significant challenge to your country since the Civil War. That's not even hyperbole.

And yet Biden was inaugurated at the exact time that the legal president elect was supposed to be.  What I am is highly doubtful this will get trump in any kind of trouble.  This is a puppet show (the audience being the puppets) and the actual reason for these hearings I believe is election year propaganda.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And yet Biden was inaugurated at the exact time that the legal president elect was supposed to be.  What I am is highly doubtful this will get trump in any kind of trouble.  This is a puppet show (the audience being the puppets) and the actual reason for these hearings I believe is election year propaganda.  

You don't think that a President who tried to overthrow an election he lost, cheered for the death of his Vice President and who might have a chance of being elected again should face some sort of punishment?

Believe what you want about the purpose of these hearings, but every witness has been a Republican, with most being appointed by Trump himself. This is not Democrat propaganda. This is real and needs to be addressed.

Just because Trump failed this time doesn't mean that he should get away with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You don't think that a President who tried to overthrow an election he lost, cheered for the death of his Vice President and who might have a chance of being elected again should face some sort of punishment?

I think that he should be punished for whatever law they prove he broke.

I hope they can at a minimum get a serious enough charge to prevent him from running in 2024 as I can't think of much that would be more divisive than another four years of trump, but I'm not holding my breath.  You're way more excited about this than I am.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

"Its not a problem because Trump didn't succeed at overturning the election."

If Trump did overturn the election than their response would be "it must of been legal and fine to do since he was able to do it"

They truly just don't care. They've been fooled into believing that Democrats are somehow a bigger danger to them than people trying to destroy democracy. 

Its foolish to believe that Trump wouldn't of tried to do even worse if he did actually pull it off and stay president 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

"Its not a problem because Trump didn't succeed at overturning the election."

If Trump did overturn the election than their response would be "it must of been legal and fine to do since he was able to do it"

They truly just don't care. They've been fooled into believing that Democrats are somehow a bigger danger to them than people trying to destroy democracy. 

Its foolish to believe that Trump wouldn't of tried to do even worse if he did actually pull it off and stay president 

Well when the justice department presses charges and brings him to court and wins a conviction let me know please.  Outrageous, stupid, arrogant, objectionable behavior does not automatically translate to Illegal.

• Like 1

I wonder which prison they'll send him to?  The same one they sent Clinton to I bet :yes: