Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think that he should be punished for whatever law they prove he broke.

I hope they can at a minimum get a serious enough charge to prevent him from running in 2024 as I can't think of much that would be more divisive than another four years of trump, but I'm not holding my breath.  You're way more excited about this than I am.

I’m not nearly as excited as you think. I just don’t want to see or hear about him in any of my timelines for the rest of my life :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I’m not nearly as excited as you think. I just don’t want to see or hear about him in any of my timelines for the rest of my life :lol:

Amen.

• Like 1

Hutchinson testified that Trump tried to grab the wheel of his armored limousine when the Secret Service informed him they’d be unable to take him to the Capitol for security reasons. An agent removed his hand from the wheel, at which point he lunged at Special Agent Bobby Engel.

“The president said something to the effect of, I’m the f-ing president, take me up to the Capitol now.’ To which [Secret Service agent Bobby Engel] responded, ‘Sir, we have to go back to the West Wing,’” Hutchison said.

She continued: “The president reached up toward the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm and said, ‘Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel, we’re going back to the West Wing. We’re not going to the Capitol.’”

9 Bombshells From Cassidy Hutchinson's Jan. 6 Testimony | HuffPost UK Politics (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1

I only have 3 words to say "Lock Him Up" :tu:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I only have 3 words to say "Lock Him Up" :tu:

As soon as they did Hillary...oh wait. 

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well when the justice department presses charges and brings him to court and wins a conviction let me know please.  Outrageous, stupid, arrogant, objectionable behavior does not automatically translate to Illegal.

Why does that matter to you. The man's intent was clear. He should be seen as the disgrace he is and his lackeys all voted out of office. 

But the threat still looms. 

Presidents have protections we don't. Its hard to charge them with crimes. No president has ever been arrested for a reason. And impeachments have only happened when the opposite party controls both houses.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You don't understand the irony. The evidence is overwhelming like we all knew even before this hearing, (except for humpty dumpty trump lovers). 
They are all like figuratively blind. Now open these blinders and go be ashamed of yourself :rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Why does that matter to you. The man's intent was clear. He should be seen as the disgrace he is and his lackeys all voted out of office. 

But the threat still looms. 

Presidents have protections we don't. Its hard to charge them with crimes. No president has ever been arrested for a reason. And impeachments have only happened when the opposite party controls both houses.

His intent was clear but did he actually break any laws to try to get the results tossed?  I haven't heard everything but from what I have heard it's objectionable but probably not illegal.  Can the president ask the the VP not to certify?  He can ask, doesn't mean it will happen.  Can the president ask his justice department to investigate election fraud?  Certainly.  Can the president fire or threaten to fire people that work for him?  All day long.  From what little I have paid attention to that's the kind of thing they're finding out about him.  I'll wait until charges are pressed before I get interested enough to give it a lot of attention as the democrats have already burned me out with their other attempts to ruin him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You controlled all 3 branches of government for 2 whole years and didn't even open an investigation.

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

His intent was clear but did he actually break any laws to try to get the results tossed?

Yes. @Tiggs listed some earlier in the thread if I'm not mistaken.

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You controlled all 3 branches of government for 2 whole years and didn't even open an investigation.

I did? :unsure2:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yes. @Tiggs listed some earlier in the thread if I'm not mistaken.

I googled this

laws trump broke on january 6th

The closest there is in headlines is "3 federal laws trump may have broken based on Jan 6 testimony"

So boo.  Have Martha wake me when they actually have something besides

• he threw food at the wall
  • he knew they were armed
  • people asked for pardons
  • boo

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'll wait until charges are pressed before I get interested enough to give it a lot of attention as the democrats have already burned me out with their other attempts to ruin him.

Classic boy crying wolf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I did? :unsure2:

Indeed. 

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Indeed. 

Was the government overrun by Independents and I didn't notice with all the TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP. rhetoric?

On 6/11/2022 at 12:50 AM, Tatetopa said:

Trying to stop the counting of votes in Congress, is obstruction and it is illegal.

Trying to coerce state officials to falsifying vote totals is racketeering.

Promoting false slates of electors is a crime.

Sitting for three hours watching a riot tear through the capital is not a crime, but it is likely something Vladimir Putin was doing in his official residence.  It is not something you would expect ANY President of the United States to do no matter how egregiously he thinks he was treated.  If a President cannot pursue his options through a judicial system full of conservative judges he appointed, but relies on violence, he is unfit to be president.

@OverSword

On 6/11/2022 at 1:38 PM, Tiggs said:

As well as appearing to be part of a conspiracy to defraud the United States:

The panel says the evidence it has accumulated points to Trump and his allies illegally obstructing an official proceeding — Congress' counting of the Electoral College votes. The committee adds in the filing that it "has a good-faith basis for concluding that the President and members of his Campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States."

The filing details:

"The evidence supports an inference that President Trump, Plaintiff, and several others entered into an agreement to defraud the United States by interfering with the election certification process, disseminating false information about election fraud, and pressuring state officials to alter state election results and federal officials to assist in that effort."

Source: NPR

@OverSword

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Was the government overrun by Independents and I didn't notice with all the TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP. rhetoric?

Lol, you're nothing even close to resembling an independent. Feel free to try to claim so, but your post history speaks for itself.

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Lol, you're nothing even close to resembling an independent. Feel free to try to claim so, but your post history speaks for itself.

If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that's all that matters.

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Good luck. :tu:

You agree that those are crimes and that Trump did attempt each then? It's just that you've posted the same thing multiple times since they made those posts.

There are crimes to be prosecuted. It's just comes down to whether or not your President actually has emperor level protection.

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy that's all that matters.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope you're sleeping well after enabling the death of God knows how many vulnerable women in your state, Little Miss Independent Pants.

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You agree that those are crimes and that Trump did attempt each then? It's just that you've posted the same thing multiple times since they made those posts.

There are crimes to be prosecuted. It's just comes down to whether or not your President actually has emperor level protection.

Let's say those are crimes.  Prove he's guilty.  How about even charge him with one of them.  I'm not holding my breath.

10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I was thinking the same thing. I hope you're sleeping well after enabling the death of God knows how many vulnerable women in your state, Little Miss Independent Pants.

autochthon, is that you?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Let's say those are crimes.  Prove he's guilty.  How about even charge him with one of them.  I'm not holding my breath.

Well that's the whole pickle, isn't it. Is a US President untouchable? 

• Like 2