Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

20 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I have gotten mad in the past, but I usually laugh these days.

I generally do this for fun, and to keep my brain sharp. Especially arguing a hopeless subject can be very good mental exercise. :tu:

I no longer get mad or think arguing is a good mental exercise because in both cases the results only effects each of us equally in a negative manner!:yes:

I just no longer suffer Cognitive Dissonance which is defined as being Amoral you see being called ignorant is not is an insult because we all are in some areas. But, you see being or being called a Amoral  is offensive because being Amoral not being unlearned or ignorant on the subject being discussed, it’s when someone knows they are wrong and choose not to admit or recognize it. The Amoral person knows the truth yet choose to propagate the Misinformation. Disinformation or Propaganda and that can’t be tolerated so it’s best to tell the person their an Amoral fool and never communicate with them again.:yes:

JIMHO

6 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The various tests I've taken online have usually said I'm a moderate, because I'm not for absolutism. I'm very open to bipartisanship. Want abortion? Let's find the middle ground. Want Defense spending down? What do you want give up? Want to bad AR-15's? Let's see what support can be raised and how the hometowns feel about it.

I don’t trust the tests, I believe that by morality alone we can easily identify who we aline with and where we Aline. I am also a moderate and being a moderate Republican all my life 63 years is the exact reason I never voted for or supported Trump! In 2012 when he was running the Obama Birther Scandal he stated that he may run for President in 2016.

So I check him out going back to the 1960s like do with any candidate before I vote for them! Well, Trump did not pass the go light for me because his fathers history and his personal history working for his father clearly showed they were racist in weird and deed. Then when Trump took over the family business his behavior continued all the way up to the birther scandal.

Now in hind sight I certain my personal opinion was correct because his behavior continued through his Presidency!

So by Hammerclaws assessment your also a RINO because if your a moderate Republican according to him you must be a RINO! You see I don’t and never have believed in absolutism to me this only proves that someone lacks intelligence and the ability to think independently which is very sad! 

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Can't the same be said of the Left (Democrats) and the True Communists, and Anarchists (Antifa)?

You can't blame an organization (Republicans) if extremist idiots (racists, neo'Nazis) vote that way because they absolutely hate the other option (Democrats). Who else would they be voting for? Its basically a two party system. 

Your wrong dude, if a President or other Government Representatives openly panders to them in any way you certainly can blame those individuals and this happened frequently during the Trump Administration and worst of all during the Capital Insurrection by Trump himself!:yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I no longer get mad or think arguing is a good mental exercise because in both cases the results only effects each of us equally in a negative manner!:yes:

I just no longer suffer Cognitive Dissonance which is defined as being Amoral you see being called ignorant is not is an insult because we all are in some areas. But, you see being or being called a Amoral  is offensive because being Amoral not being unlearned or ignorant on the subject being discussed, it’s when someone knows they are wrong and choose not to admit or recognize it. The Amoral person knows the truth yet choose to propagate the Misinformation. Disinformation or Propaganda and that can’t be tolerated so it’s best to tell the person their an Amoral fool and never communicate with them again.:yes:

JIMHO

Yes, but one persons "amoral", is anothers "moral". I'd consider a late term abortion to be horrendous, but there are those who think the woman doing so is a virtuous.

I try to see the reality, while hoping fir the best. But reality is Real, so hard to not recognize as such. 

• Like 1

Your wrong dude, if a President or other Government Representatives openly panders to them in any way you certainly can blame those individuals and this happened frequently during the Trump Administration and worst of all during the Capital Insurrection by Trump himself!:yes:

Then everyone is wrong. Everyone is guilty. If your president dies something wrong, everyone who voted for them is guilty and everyone not denouncing it is too.

As such, its reality to live within that wrongfulness and turn it to the least harm, or most benefit. Not to do so is to foolishly allow the advantage to those working against your goals.

I'm sorry, but that just smells like excuses to me. You lump all Republicans together, but then sub-sub-sub-group violent Democrat groups and make excuses. That's hypocrisy. 

No I'm not. I'm talking about the core values, as in those in the Wikipedia link you offered.

Support for gun ownership. That's a violent ideology arming an entire nation. Not a peaceful value. 

Abortion bans. 

Now that's hypocrisy. People have a right to take life with guns, but a woman can't make a decision of her own regardless of circumstances. That's not freedom by any means. 

Conservative Christian ideology. Basically making laws based on two thousand year old ideas which have caused division and war across history up to present day. 

These are values that attract extreme right wing people. All they do is push those values to their limits. 

Now on the other hand Antifa isn't an organisation. It's random non unified groups who take offence at racism and large corporate control. That's the motivation. Not to arm each other, and the very opposite of banning personal rights. 

Those values. Not the groups, not the people. What is drawing the people in? It seems the democratic values that draw Antifa tend to draw more peaceful protesters for the majority and are based more on peaceful values. Yes there's an extreme end. You have to admit it's tiny next to the large number of questionable groups that seek out right wing ideology over compatibility of core values. 

Remember the trucks on the highways sporting Trump flags harrassing and surrounding vehicles? Seriously. WTF man. 

"...many Republicans are openly racist...". See that's one of the problems. Lumping everyone together and inviting hate and fear. Have no doubts that's what YOU are doing here. 

Then why didn't we really hear about Antifa untill Trump started dividing the nation?

You have said the right is violent because the left tries to stifle them. Yet on the political scene, Antifa is relatively new. How can that be a cause when it's a newcomer to the game? 

Racism is more likely to appear in the core values mentioned above. Conservative Christian values are based on division. As you know it is only recently that the gay community have been accepted as people, women are still fighting for equal rights, stolen generations are still being reunited and those laws are based on conservative Christian values. The old if you're not with us you're against us. Reformation of Christian values is how religion survives. If it still preached only fire and brimstone, I doubt it would be as active as it is today. It would be a fringe movement. As such, it's not the way to the future. It's a past to learn from. Like classrooms, religious ideology needs to seperate from politics.

More excuses, IMHO. I'd have more respect if you just said, "I agree there's violent groups on both sides, and we all should be working to get rid of all of them.". Making excuses means you AGREE that your guys violence and vitriol, is excusable, because it is for a "good reason". Where I'd ask, when is there ever a good reason for violence, other then in protecting your body from harm.

I do agree there are bad people at both ends of the spectrum. Absolutely. The violent acts of Antifa certainly exist and no excuse should be accepted. I do apologise if I appeared to condone any violent act. I don't.

Like I say, you have mentioned cause and effect before, yet this is really a movement that has gained traction during the Trump era. I just think that's another huge red flag on those values. This is not the chicken and the egg. 

Core values. Those that attract the bottom of the barrel and always have. There's two very different sides to that same coin. That's the problem. It's one coin. That's where that red flag is firmly planted.

And I'd still say the Democrats attract just as bad of people, just on the other end of the spectrum.

No argument. Motivation though is attracting a lot of very obvious people to the red side. They not only stand out, they make a lot of noise. The left isn't attracting anywhere near as many bad value groups and as a result, not the same level of publicity. Yes, there are probably people just as bad as each other at the extreme ends of the spectrum who aren't supported by the majority. It's just that with those core values appealing as "the closest to" Republican core values for the majority of public roughnut groups and individuals is something I think really raises concerning questions about those values. Antifa is but one group drawn to left wing values. Near every nazi, white supremacy and gun groups are attracted to right wing core values. 

I'd agree we should work to out those people, so they have no influence. But why should I work to purge the "idiots" from the Republicans, if the Democrats get to keep their "idiots"?

Because the country comes first. Not the parties. They exist to serve the country. 

Neither should keep idiots. That's why I think those core values require another look. Why did Antifa arise recently? Why do groups like the proud boys, Nazis and white supremacy groups find the Republican values align with theirs more closely than the democratic values? Would Antifa continue to exist if those groups were gone do you think? What values would they have left? 

• Like 3

I don’t trust the tests, I believe that by morality alone we can easily identify who we aline with and where we Aline. I am also a moderate and being a moderate Republican all my life 63 years is the exact reason I never voted for or supported Trump! In 2012 when he was running the Obama Birther Scandal he stated that he may run for President in 2016.

Myself, I'm quick to judge, but also quick to give second, and third, chances. I'm not letting myself be fooled, but I allow people to convince me they have changed. But even then I observe everything I can, and won't be shy telling others when they are backsliding, or obviously lying.

So I check him out going back to the 1960s like do with any candidate before I vote for them! Well, Trump did not pass the go light for me because his fathers history and his personal history working for his father clearly showed they were racist in weird and deed. Then when Trump took over the family business his behavior continued all the way up to the birther scandal.

Now in hind sight I certain my personal opinion was correct because his behavior continued through his Presidency!

I'd say that much you said, starting on day one, has been true. He turned out to not just be a shrewd businessman, but more of a James Bond villain.

Still, what should we all have done? Vote for Clinton? I couldn't bare that. And to not vote, or vote third party, would assuage the soul, but still result in the Clinton winning.

You didn't vote for Clinton did you?

Biden, I saw straight out after the election was not who we'd been sold. His actions were not those of Biden the VP, or Biden the Senator, but Biden the Old Man being Told What to Say". At that point, he lost my respect. And though I've held out hope the old Biden would start to shine through, it seems we see less and less of him, and more of the "Old Man".

So by Hammerclaws assessment your also a RINO because if your a moderate Republican according to him you must be a RINO! You see I don’t and never have believed in absolutism to me this only proves that someone lacks intelligence and the ability to think independently which is very sad!

That could be so, but he's never accused me of such. :devil:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Myself, I'm quick to judge, but also quick to give second, and third, chances. I'm not letting myself be fooled, but I allow people to convince me they have changed. But even then I observe everything I can, and won't be shy telling others when they are backsliding, or obviously lying.

I'd say that much you said, starting on day one, has been true. He turned out to not just be a shrewd businessman, but more of a James Bond villain.

Still, what should we all have done? Vote for Clinton? I couldn't bare that. And to not vote, or vote third party, would assuage the soul, but still result in the Clinton winning.

You didn't vote for Clinton did you?

I actually didn’t vote in either election, I have never voted for a democrat and I would never vote for Trump. Trump is totally responsible for the current divisions racially and other wise across the Nation. The slogan he stole from President Reagan MEGA was only meant for White American Republicans and no one else and anyone who denies this is delusional! As far as Biden is concerned, while he is a geriatric boob also not in complete control of his mental faculties, however he is much less dangerous than Trump was.

In addition Biden also allows the Military to do their job, under Trump that fricken draft dodger though he knew best and he forced poor planning and decisions upon our Military that cost American lives in Syria. When Turkey invaded to push OUR ALLIES the Kurds back from their boarder I was still working as a US Government contractor at the time and l also was located in Syria so while Trump lied and tried to hide his BS I saw first hand the results of his inept and unprofessional leadership.

In addition I also heard it directly from Field Commanders so while the truth was never really released in the US our military knew what occurred and they hated him for it! That why so many US Generals spoke out publicly about him, and that is a rare occurrence by itself. 

29 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Biden, I saw straight out after the election was not who we'd been sold. His actions were not those of Biden the VP, or Biden the Senator, but Biden the Old Man being Told What to Say". At that point, he lost my respect. And though I've held out hope the old Biden would start to shine through, it seems we see less and less of him, and more of the "Old Man".

That could be so, but he's never accused me of such. :devil:

According to his comments to date if your a moderate Republican your a RINO, but anyway anything is better than being a bent knee Trump boot licker and while I am not directing these comments at no one in particular those who are exposed themselves without any help from Me or anyone else, their comments say it all!:devil:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

To those hoping the Democrats are the good guys and are doing the right thing. Here's a little eye opener. I've seen several articles like this.

CNN: Opinion: Democrats may be playing with fire this primary season.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/opinions/democrats-spending-gop-campaigns-scary-tactic-axelrod/index.html

The Democrats are literally spending money to get the far right candidates to win the primaries, because they feel the odds of beating such are better. So if a crazy anti abortion, religious extremist, anti-vaxer, wins... Dig into the primary and see WHO REALLY funded the nut into office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

To those hoping the Democrats are the good guys and are doing the right thing. Here's a little eye opener. I've seen several articles like this.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/opinions/democrats-spending-gop-campaigns-scary-tactic-axelrod/index.html

The Democrats are literally spending money to get the far right candidates to win the primaries, because they feel the odds of beating such are better. So if a crazy anti abortion, religious extremist, anti-vaxer, wins... Dig into the primary and see WHO REALLY funded the nut into office.

Yea the only problem here is this an opinion piece, and honestly they don’t have much value because it’s the expressed belief of a single individual without any factual sources!

But, hey it is funny anyhow thanks for the laugh!:lol:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Still the question begs.

What are those people doing in the Republican party at all? Why are they candidates and why does anyone vote for them at all? Is this how Trump got in?  What about larger organisations like frontline doctors? They certainly aren't the product of the Dems. 

Isn't a reformation of some kind to isolate those people from the Republican party worth considering? Another look at those core values? Ideal world would be a middle ground. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Whinge abouthe other.

How you gonna get the greatest to be the greatex?

Only the bigliest get to make America greatex. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yea the only problem here is this an opinion piece, and honestly they don’t have much value because it’s the expressed belief of a single individual without any factual sources!

But, hey it is funny anyhow thanks for the laugh!:lol:

I've seen several articles on the same subject. If you go look at the Democrat PACs you'll see it is true, their "attack ads" are designed to get the voters to back the far right candidate by portraying them as far right. Solidifying the R voters behind them. Kind if like the MAGA King thing that backfired.

I'll post a few others. I think one was Politico.

Edit:

Example:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/09/dems-meddle-in-colorado-senate-gop-primary-00038294

In the hopes of keeping it that way, Democrats are aggressively advancing the campaign of a hardline MAGA Senate candidate in a last-ditch effort to elevate him over a moderate Republican who is viewed as a more serious threat to Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet.

AND:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/06/29/democrats-stop-funding-right-wing-candidates/

AND:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-primary-season-fund-conservative-advertsing-illinois-colorado-11655326924

AND:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/16/us/politics/democrats-midterms-trump-gop.html

But. I'm sure your research suggests this isn't happening??

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Trump is totally responsible for the current divisions racially and other wise across the Nation.

Where have you been.   The Democrats have been preaching division for many years.  

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Still the question begs.

What are those people doing in the Republican party at all? Why are they candidates and why does anyone vote for them at all? Is this how Trump got in?  What about larger organisations like frontline doctors? They certainly aren't the product of the Dems. 

Isn't a reformation of some kind to isolate those people from the Republican party worth considering? Another look at those core values? Ideal world would be a middle ground. 

Sure, I think it would be worth tossing out the dreggs. Now, how to do that?? Humm... Maybe round people up and brand them on the fforehead?

Seriously, anyone can get a voter registration and register for whatever party they wish. Should there be a blacklist of names notballowed to vote Republican? WTF kind of idea is that. Seriously. Think Psyche, you can force people not to register R or D. Even if they could, it would be horrendously misused by the Rs, or Ds, in individual voting situations. Completely impossible idea.

You do also realize it is exclusively the Ds working to allow criminals, even those still in prison, to vote. So Ds want rapists, murderers, and child abusers, to vote. Any problem with that? Why do the Ds want rapist/murderer/child abusers to be voters for them? Simple, voters = control. Theres no virtue there with the Ds. They're as bad, or worse, behind their "caring smiles", as any R.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Sure, I think it would be worth tossing out the dreggs. Now, how to do that?? Humm... Maybe round people up and brand them on the fforehead?

Seriously, anyone can get a voter registration and register for whatever party they wish. Should there be a blacklist of names notballowed to vote Republican? WTF kind of idea is that. Seriously. Think Psyche, you can force people not to register R or D. Even if they could, it would be horrendously misused by the Rs, or Ds, in individual voting situations. Completely impossible idea.

You do also realize it is exclusively the Ds working to allow criminals, even those still in prison, to vote. So Ds want rapists, murderers, and child abusers, to vote. Any problem with that?

That does not get discussed.    The Dems only allow for positive things to be said about the D party.

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

That does not get discussed.    The Dems only allow for positive things to be said about the D party.

I see them saying Rs are making excuses. But then THEY are making the same excuses... "Well, uh, our guy didn't mean to speak at a Grand Dragons funeral...".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Depends what they're using it as evidence for.

If someone used the statement "We're going to the Capitol. It's going to be great. The President's going to be there." as evidence that Rudy and the President went to the Capitol -- then, sure, it would be hearsay.

If it's being used to evidence that Rudy was talking about going to the Capitol as early as the 2nd Jan — then it's not hearsay.

Should also note that Opposing Party’s Statements are also not heresay, which would allow a witness statement on Trump's remarks on the Magnometers, for example, to be admissible, if he were being prosecuted.

"Stunning" testimony in the form of uncorroborated/refuted hearsay evidence won't be admitted. I've researched that, as opposed to a certain forum troll who thinks being in a jury pool makes him a legal expert. Kind of like claiming to be a pilot after flying coach. LOL:lol:

56 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

"Stunning" testimony in the form of uncorroborated/refuted hearsay evidence won't be admitted. I've researched that, as opposed to a certain forum troll who thinks being in a jury pool makes him a legal expert. Kind of like claiming to be a pilot after flying coach. LOL:lol:

Sigh... Did you even read what you "researched"? 

For example, while testifying in John’s murder trial, Anthony states that John’s best friend told him that John had killed the victim. Anthony did not hear John make the admission firsthand, making testimony of this statement “hearsay.” - from your link. (in post 572).

A witness recalling what she directly heard a person say is not hearsay.

And are really trying to say that you googling "flying" makes you smarter than a passenger on an airplane?  

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

As a Christian in a Democrat state, I know as a fact most church going Christians voted Trump without even considering Biden. 

Let me do some research though. 

you say that as if Democrats would not be Christian or Christians would not be registered Democrat.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

A RINO is someone who calls themselves Republican but behaves like or colludes with Democrats.

What's someone who calls themselves a Republican but behaves like or collides with Russians?

A Treasonous Republican Under Mr Putin?

Edited by Setton

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Sigh... Did you even read what you "researched"? 

For example, while testifying in John’s murder trial, Anthony states that John’s best friend told him that John had killed the victim. Anthony did not hear John make the admission firsthand, making testimony of this statement “hearsay.” - from your link. (in post 572).

A witness recalling what she directly heard a person say is not hearsay.

And are really trying to say that you googling "flying" makes you smarter than a passenger on an airplane?  

So, If I say I heard you say you killed someone with no collateral supporting data, would that be sufficient on it's own to convict you? 

Edited by Hammerclaw

45 minutes ago, Setton said:

What's someone who calls themselves a Republican but behaves like or collides with Russians?

A Treasonous Republican Under Mr Putin?

Hillary's a Democrat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

So, If I say I heard you say you killed someone with no collateral supporting data, would that be sufficient on it's own to convict you? 

It would be admissible as evidence for a jury to consider when determining if I was guilty or not.

There have been historical cases where a person went missing and someone was convicted of murder before:  10 Murder Victims Who Turned Up Alive - Listverse

This includes people who have confessed to killing that person even though they didn't.

So to answer your question- "yes".