Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

10 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

I question whether such a question can be submitted under the parliamentary rules of the House.  Voting on it is not illegal; it is the question that is illegal.  But that's another question.

The list only serves to identify people of interest.  By itself, it has little value.  Mostly because of those who are not on it.

Doug

You do know that such a vote happens at ever presidential election?

Usually it is just a technicality. As this one was, but it was the number who voted against that was interesting.

And those who voted against did so for having at least one state outcome they were waiting on the result of a lawsuit.

If the same vote occurred after the lawsuits, doubtless many more would have voted in favor.

What is very, very interesting is the people who WANT this to he illegal. Because..  politics .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Sedition.

Doug

Kind of like when Pelosi (I think?) stood up in 2017 and said, "Not my President."? 

Expressing a non-binding opinion on a guy you don't like isn't illegal. It's actually enshrined in the Constitution. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lightly said:

What a ‘system’ we have.   Back and forth between Democrat and Republican presidents (with a 2nd term thrown in sometimes).. the nearly perfect  # split between the supporters..and the election results ..make me very suspicious about the legitimacy of the whole system.     With some minor tweaking ..the polls and voter support can be adjusted to suit any purpose.  Everything is always the fault of the   other   parties leaders, and followers.    Meanwhile …the owner-operators just keeep making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.       (no matter how bad The Economy gets…..LOOK @ the profits of the Richest people on top)

Dems and Repubs are like mortal enemies of each other , though it could be just a facade. I'm not even sure what "facade " means exactly , do i got the right word?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tiggs said:

The U.S. Secret Service has determined it has no new texts to provide Congress relevant to its Jan. 6 investigation, and that any other texts its agents exchanged around the time of the 2021 attack on the Capitol were purged, according to a senior official briefed on the matter.

Also, the National Archives on Tuesday sought more information on “the potential unauthorized deletion” of agency text messages. The U.S. government’s chief record-keeper asked the Secret Service to report back to the Archives within 30 days about the deletion of any records, including describing what was purged and the circumstances of how the documentation was lost.

Source: Washington Post

Maybe because they figure they will never be found or proved.

1 minute ago, razman said:

Dems and Repubs are like mortal enemies of each other , though it could be just a facade. I'm not even sure what "facade " means exactly , do i got the right word?

Yeap, you used it correctly. 
And it is. They conspire to prevent anyone not part of their cherry-picked clique from getting into government, they name lots of noise about defying or whatever the other party but policy-wise? “Ohh they raise taxes, we cut them”, “we respect the Individual, they want to treat you as a resource” say BOTH SIDES.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, razman said:

I like to think of it like professional wrestling. In the 80s Hogan was the good guy and Andre the Giant was the bad guy. By 2000, Hogan was a bad guy and Andre was a good guy. They constantly traded places, AND... It was all a show. 

I think politicians are like that, but they have to live their act all the time, not just in a wrestling ring. BUT, 90% of it is for show. That why we have people voting against very reasonable legislation, and also why we have legislators sponsoring completely ludicrous bills. They need "clicks", and name recognition.

Actually though, there's like 535 congresspersons, and only 50 of them are very famous. The rest are lap-dog puppets that show up, vote as told, and collect a paycheck. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I like to think of it like professional wrestling. In the 80s Hogan was the good guy and Andre the Giant was the bad guy. By 2000, Hogan was a bad guy and Andre was a good guy. They constantly traded places, AND... It was all a show. 

I think politicians are like that, but they have to live their act all the time, not just in a wrestling ring. BUT, 90% of it is for show. That why we have people voting against very reasonable legislation, and also why we have legislators sponsoring completely ludicrous bills. They need "clicks", and name recognition.

Actually though, there's like 535 congresspersons, and only 50 of them are very famous. The rest are lap-dog puppets that show up, vote as told, and collect a paycheck. 

Andre died in 1993. Great analogy regardless! Both professions mirror each other. Bad press is good press because you double the audience. Like Floyd Mayweather,  he went from being called Pretty Boy Floyd,  nice humble young killer boxer to arrogant its all about the Benjamin's Money Team Mayweather. He doubled his audience overnight. Those who want to pay to see him win and those who want to pay to see him lose.

• Like 2

Trump is a great heel born spurs or not a great heel.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, razman said:

Yup.    facade 1:  the main face or front of a building.  2:  A superficial or false outward appearance.      I’d be lost without my dictionary…I constantly look up words that people use :P.      Ya, I’m not sure how organized the facade is…but it seems to accomplish keeping the public evenly DIVIDED ..and screaming at each other about ‘issues’ while our pockets are picked.   More and more wealth is being accumulated into fewer and fewer hands…at the top.     Locally produced economies used to distribute wealth more evenly …now, international corporate economies result in what we see happening.   ???

The secret service only handed over one text message. Claiming that they lost the rest in a "phone migration".

That seems pretty suspect to me. 

I've always said hiliary was sketchy as **** for her emailing conveniently being deleted.

This seems pretty similar sketchy **** to me. 

I wonder if the conservatives will be just as outraged about it as they were with Hillary.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/19/secret-service-one-text-message-january-6-committee

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, razman said:

It is a facade, they are in cahoots, probably have the same owners and the "war" they play is not real, it is used to keep us divided and easily manipulated.   There is a website called dictionary.com that you could use to find out what "facade" means.  Very easy to use.

Oil company profits are up by 2 and 3 hundred percent.    What part of profiteering doesn’t someone understand.    A lot of ‘government’ expenditures are set on auto- refill.   Both sides vote for many things continuously …one BIG one is the ‘defense’ industry.   People don’t question the ungodly amounts spent and wasted on ‘expenditures’ allllllllllover the planet.   The U.S. has more troops and weaponry spread over the globe than any other country.   Is all of it needed, for our defense, ?  Of course not.   There is a simple explanation for the excesses..  > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$         

• Like 1

Current bipartisan bill to avoid another 2020 election overturn attempt.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/20/politics/electoral-count-act-reform-january-6-response/index.html

Didn't want to make this its own thread, felt like it was relevant enough 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General has launched a criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the destruction of Secret Service text messages that may have been relevant to inquiries about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, two sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.  

The results of the investigation could be referred to federal prosecutors, the sources said, depending on the results.

Source: NBC

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General has launched a criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the destruction of Secret Service text messages that may have been relevant to inquiries about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, two sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.  

The results of the investigation could be referred to federal prosecutors, the sources said, depending on the results.

Good 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

We will hear something like it to the end of the times. But I would like to hear The Department of Homeland Security’s launchi Inspector General launching investigation about Hunter's laptop. Is it ongoing? No? Why?

6 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

But I would like to hear The Department of Homeland Security’s launchi Inspector General launching investigation about Hunter's laptop.

Why?

12 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

We will hear something like it to the end of the times. But I would like to hear The Department of Homeland Security’s launchi Inspector General launching investigation about Hunter's laptop. Is it ongoing? No? Why?

Because the inspector general investigates inter-agency issues?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Why?

Possible corruption evidence, plus possible paedophilia case. Aren't any of US agencys interested?

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Because the inspector general investigates inter-agency issues?

Possible corruption case falls under whats agency jurisdiction?

4 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Possible corruption evidence, plus possible paedophilia case. Aren't any of US agencys interested?

The Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General supervises audits, investigations, and inspections of the programs and operations of DHS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Homeland_Security_Office_of_Inspector_General

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

Hunter Biden has been the subject of an FBI investigation since 2018.

It's an example of FBI core operations, not an internal affairs matter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Huh?  Again...the inspector general doesn't investigate civilians at all.  They are internal investigations...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Hunter Biden has been the subject of an FBI investigation since 2018.

[...[

OK, six years, where are conclusions?

[...] It's an example of FBI core operations, not an internal affairs matter.

Internal where? Whats the scope of "internal"?

• Confused 1