Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live


spartan max2
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

And this is what I noticed to.  Rather than setting out a series of laws broken, and how they were going to prove who broke them they opened up with an emotional video and tear jerking personal testimony having nothing to do with trump.  That leads me to believe that any case they may bring against trump may be weak.  Remember people, it doesn't matter if you don't like what he did, it has to be clearly illegal and in direct violation of written laws.  Personally I hope they fry his dumb ass at least enough to preclude him from holding office again but judging by day one I'm not holding my breath.

I really don't care about the instigator in this, because I know in one way or another he'll get his in time, but I feel sorry for those police officers and what they went through. Last year I saw a clip where one bloodied officer was getting crushed in a doorway and he was begging for his life. I will never get that horrible image out of my mind.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I really don't care about the instigator in this, because I know in one way or another he'll get his in time, but I feel sorry for those police officers and what they went through. Last year I saw a clip where one bloodied officer was getting crushed in a doorway and he was begging for his life. I will never get that horrible image out of my mind.

Watch the committees 5 min video.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/jan-6-committee-plays-video-highlighting-how-proud-boys-coordinated-for-capitol-riot-141828165768

The Oath Keepers and Proud boys are responsible for the storming. They seemed to of planned it.

What's up for debate is what connection Trump had to them. I doubt Trump would be dumb enough to have a direct email or anything written to the group. But they certainly took encouragement from him.

"Stand back and stand by" 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

it was about the election the democratics stole the  election:( and will be proven 

Edited by docyabut2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

An appeal to outrage and emotion did that to me (turning off the TV in 10 minutes) because what it said is "After a year we got nothin'"  I want to know the charges.  Now I'll be surprised if this isn't more of the same reeling in a guppy while the marlin runs free to puncture your life raft later, that we've had since they first hysterically started going after him years ago.  

 

I think this is a puppet show.

Past history might indicate you are correct.

Yet, I remember those English lectures about writing a good essay.  Tell what you are going to say and why it is important, say what you are going to say, summarize what you said and tell why it is important, recommend actions.

The best move the scattered and less forceful Democrats have done is get a cold calculating conservative to be vice-chair of the committee. She is not as feral and self-serving as Trump, but she is relentless.  And if it comes to it, she and her dad could probably take Rudy and Donald in that  trial by combat Rudy was anxious for.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Watch the committees 5 min video.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/jan-6-committee-plays-video-highlighting-how-proud-boys-coordinated-for-capitol-riot-141828165768

The Oath Keepers and Proud boys are responsible for the storming. They seemed to of planned it.

What's up for debate is what connection Trump had to them. I doubt Trump would be dumb enough to have a direct email or anything written to the group. But they certainly took encouragement from him.

"Stand back and stand by" 

Yes I have already seen it. I watched all of it last night while at work. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a instigator in all of this.

BTW, Daniel Hodges is the police officer that I was thinking about. :( So cruel.

'I cried out in pain': DC police officer Daniel Hodges recounts when he was crushed by rioters between a door on January 6

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

it was about the election the democratics stole the  election:( and will be proven 

We have testimony from Trump's associates saying that he knew he lost fair and square but spread the lie to try and steal it.

Edit to add: One was his daughter...

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 it was proven  that the   Democrats thats  were the  re·spon·si·bil·i·tyfor  the election they didnt win 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

We have testimony from Trump's associates saying that he knew he lost fair and square but spread the lie to try and steal it.

Edit to add: One was his daughter...

Sorry to bring this up, but did Ivanka say she believed her father was lying and was trying to steal the election? I don't remember her saying that. I remember her saying she believed what the Attorney General said and he said he told her father that any election fraud committed by the Democrats was BS.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Setton said:

So we should all ignore everything you have to say from now on? 

Because you've accused several posters here of exactly that for supporting Ukraine.

No I haven’t.  I haven’t even accused the Ukrainian government of “being Nazi” let alone the people who support the war.  

Quote

So you're not familiar with the crime of attempted murder, for example?

Post #31 Matlock, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Setton said:

Not our monkey, he's your responsibility!

“Monkey”?  ….ok Ms. Barr. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

If it's not strictly illegal then good luck.  if all they have is innuendo and emotional appeals he will skate and possibly run again.

It’s not illegal to pick up a knife and throw it, but if the intent is to ultimately kill someone then the act becomes illegal.

It might not be illegal for Trump to replace this guy or carry out that act, but when the ultimate goal is overturning an election then of course that’s something different altogether.

What Trump did was seditious, bordering on treason. And I don’t use the word treason lightly - he supported (and possibly conspired with) a group of people who attacked the government of the US. Then, of course, there are all the election related crimes that will have to be taken into consideration.

It appears you’re just looking for any reason not to care or to pretend to yourself that this wasn’t a big deal. In reality, it was the biggest threat to the US since the Civil War. You really need to get your head out of the sand, bro.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

A failed attempt is still an attempt.

Yes, despite my unfamiliarity with the Inglish language II believed “tried” implied an “attempt”.  Someone “tried” todo something. Someone “attempted” to do something. You say these are different no?

I am attempting to understand but I am not trying to understand?

Quote

Trump tried to overturn the election results. We all watched it happen and we have proof of it. 

I wasn’t aware “overturning” something was illegal. Things get over turned all the time. 

https://www.kwch.com/2022/02/14/kansas-democrats-sue-overturn-new-congressional-districts/

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/climate-change-democrats-overturn-trump-methane-emissions-1162559/

https://susielee.house.gov/media/in-the-news/usa-today-house-democrats-overturn-devos-student-loan-forgiveness-change-unlikely
 

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

 it was proven  that the   Democrats thats  were the  re·spon·si·bil·i·tyfor  the election they didnt win 

Words are hard.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

So once again. Which of this list are you denying? Be specific. Don't hide behind vague statements. 

Are you denying them or just saying it's no big deal that Trump tried to go around the voters to stay president ? 

I don’t know what post you list was in. Why don’t you just tell me which one is important. 

If Putin colluded with Trump to steal the election, what would you do? “Go around the voters” and “end democracy”? Or just put up with it? 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Words are hard.

:lol: You just wait until you get really old. You will try to spell out words that you can't remember how they were once spelled. And it will go like this;

Responsa....no wait

Responseabillity?....no, no, that's not it.

Responsiability? Oh screw it! Look it up on the Internet and copy paste. Done!:yes:

Yay! Thanks Internet!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Your comparison is poor because we are talking about the president pressuring departments that are supposed to function independently. Like the justice department and election officials (pressure by, you know, firing the guy for refusing to claim the election was fraud). Definitely a corrupt thing to do. 

Like if you ask and try to pressure someone to murder your wife. And that person says no I'm not going to murder your wife. Than yeah, you tried to have your wife murdered. 

Murder is illegal, Asking someone to do something they don’t have the authority to do is not. It might be stupid but it’s not attempted murder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

Murder is illegal, Asking someone to do something they don’t have the authority to do is not. It might be stupid but it’s not attempted murder. 

Pretty sure overthrowing an election is illegal. Maybe not in your country though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am fine with just the admission that he encouraged the illegal behavior on other people's parts and the admission that plans were in place to subvert the election before the inauguration.  Let juries argue whether or not he is culpable for a crime from there.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I don’t know what post you list was in. Why don’t you just tell me which one is important. 

If Putin colluded with Trump to steal the election, what would you do? “Go around the voters” and “end democracy”? Or just put up with it? 

The list was in the post you're quoting..

But here it is again.

Quote

So what are you denying? That Trump pressed the department of justice to call the election fraud? That Trump then tried to replace that department of justice ? That Trump pressed the vice president to overturn the election? That Trump contacted officials in Georgia telling them to overturn the election? That Trump didn't call off his supporters who were storming the capital despite many calls to him telling him to do that and that? it was Mike pence coordinating the defense 

 

 

 

We have evidence for all these things.

 

 

 

It was a failed coup because other Republicans and conservatives had the integrity that Trump and company did not.

It's all important. Do you deny he did these things or do you just not see it as a problem?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Past history might indicate you are correct.

Yet, I remember those English lectures about writing a good essay.  Tell what you are going to say and why it is important, say what you are going to say, summarize what you said and tell why it is important, recommend actions.

The best move the scattered and less forceful Democrats have done is get a cold calculating conservative to be vice-chair of the committee. She is not as feral and self-serving as Trump, but she is relentless.  And if it comes to it, she and her dad could probably take Rudy and Donald in that  trial by combat Rudy was anxious for.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I wasn’t aware “overturning” something was illegal. Things get over turned all the time. 

Trump tried to pressure people to do things that he knew were unconstitutional in an attempt to bypass the election results. We know this because of his lawyers emails. Since he was the president he probably won't be able to be charged with anything, I agree. 

You should have a problem with what he did if you like democracy. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It’s not illegal to pick up a knife and throw it, but if the intent is to ultimately kill someone then the act becomes illegal.

It might not be illegal for Trump to replace this guy or carry out that act, but when the ultimate goal is overturning an election then of course that’s something different altogether.

What Trump did was seditious, bordering on treason. And I don’t use the word treason lightly - he supported (and possibly conspired with) a group of people who attacked the government of the US. Then, of course, there are all the election related crimes that will have to be taken into consideration.

It appears you’re just looking for any reason not to care or to pretend to yourself that this wasn’t a big deal. In reality, it was the biggest threat to the US since the Civil War. You really need to get your head out of the sand, bro.

Pretty sure I heard all this same stuff from all the same people here the last couple of times we went through this. Can't wait for these charges to finally be the ones to get him :passifier:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Pretty sure I heard all this same stuff from all the same people here the last couple of times we went through this. Can't wait for these charges to finally be the ones to get him :passifier:

He was impeached. Twice. Those things happened :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He was impeached. Twice. Those things happened :lol:

True :).  I just don't have much faith.  I think the worst thing that could happen to the USA would be for trump to run and win again.  I can't imagine the meltdowns.  It just wouldn't be worth it.  We need someone that can really unite us.  I would love to see Tulsi Gabbard or Nikki Haley as our next president in 2024.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.