Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan 6 public hearings Live

spartan max2

What does Hunter's laptop have to do with the real topic of this thread? This is just "whataboutism". If someone is really concerned it's easy to start another thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

OK, six years, where are conclusions?

Internal where? Whats the scope of "internal"?

You can query the FBI to your hearts content.

OIG is basically an internal affairs division.

10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You can query the FBI to your hearts content.

OIG is basically an internal affairs division.

OK, understood.

PS if my heart content blows away few blocks, would it still be internal affairs? Just asking..Don't worry, I'm not terrorist.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

January 6 Committee Downgrades Secret Service Story from Seizing the Wheel to ‘Heated Discussion’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/21/january-6-committee-downgrades-secret-service-story-from-seizing-the-wheel-to-heated-discussion/

Makes no difference one way or the other. Both show he wanted to go to the Capitol which was the intent of the committee to begin with.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Makes no difference one way or the other. Both show he wanted to go to the Capitol which was the intent of the committee to begin with.

We would probably know that, and more, for certain if the secert services text messages didn't get conevinetly deleted 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

We didn’t need a committee to investigate that. Trump made public statements to that effect. Everyone knew that. Is the committee was pointing out the sky is blue? 

“Trump says he wanted to join supporters on Jan. 6 march to Capitol: report”

https://thehill.com/homenews/3261363-trump-says-he-wanted-to-march-to-capitol-with-supporters-on-jan-6-report/

Wow, the committee really trapped him with this eh? 

14 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Wow, the committee really trapped him with this eh? 

In a way they proved his direct intent to go to the Capitol, not that it was just part of his speech 'rhetoric' in that "he was just kidding"..

Edit: Yes I'm a Canadian. What's your point?

Edited by Likely Guy

Just now, Likely Guy said:

In a way they proved his direct intent to go to the Capitol, not that it was just part of his speech 'rhetoric' in that "he was just kidding"..

Ok, I had no idea that was being alleged. So who is claiming he didn’t intend to go to the Capital?

3 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Ok, I had no idea that was being alleged. So who is claiming he didn’t intend to go to the Capital?

The Capitol. No one was claiming he didn't, yet .It was just an end around to a future defence that he was "just kidding".

If one makes a false report to authorities and the report generated great expense i.e. police wages, helicopters, boats etc. They tend to get charged for the cost of the operation. 

Why isn't Trump being charged for his stolen election claims?

He should have to foot every legal bill and every claim of disruption. And every bit of damage to the Capitol as well as the wages of every person defending the Capitol on the sixth including compensation claims to every person injured and payouts to the families of every person who died there.

Just hurry up and throw these nutters and their leader in the lockup. It's way overdue. Stop beating around the bush and just do what should have already been be done.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

The Capitol. No one was claiming he didn't, yet .It was just an end around to a future defence that he was "just kidding".

What difference would it make if he didn’t intend to go to the Capitol? I don’t understand the angle here, 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

What difference would it make if he didn’t intend to go to the Capitol? I don’t understand the angle here, 

I dont know either Charlie Manson didnt go to the Tate estate but was convicted just the same for what his minions did from his insiting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

I dont know either Charlie Manson didnt go to the Tate estate but was convicted just the same for what his minions did from his insiting.

Charles Manson was also a lot more involved in the lives of his followers than Trump is involved in the lives of those who participated in the protest/riot on J6! The cult-conditions of the Manson family was very different and I would argue makes the comparison invalid! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Charles Manson was also a lot more involved in the lives of his followers than Trump is involved in the lives of those who participated in the protest/riot on J6! The cult-conditions of the Manson family was very different and I would argue makes the comparison invalid! 

Trumps deepest bent knee head bowed worshippers are just as if not more so trumps minions as mansons were his, go listen to goat boys remarks about how smitten he was with trump.

Its a great comparison the fact trump worshippers do not think so further proves it.

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Seriously? I’m not even sure how that makes sense in the context of what Likelyguy and I were discussing. 

So, Trump announced he intended to go to the Capitol. But the J6 committee had to establish that he actually wanted to go to the Capital so he couldn’t claim his stated intent to go to the Capitol was only a “joke”. And the difference between Trump intending to go to the Capitol or not is ….Charles Manson? 

If Trump was only joking about going to the Capitol with the demonstration….. that equals Charles Manson? 

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Trumps deepest bent knee head bowed worshippers are just as if not more so trumps minions as mansons were his, go listen to goat boys remarks about how smitten he was with trump.

Hero worship is still not a cult! What compound did this group stay in? How did Trump control their lives? How did he instill devotion in his flock? Apart from their admiration for him, which could be described as "hero worship", how is this a cult? 

PS - you're talking with someone who grew up in a cult called the Worldwide Church of God (link), and literally across the road from me growing up was a family who belonged to The Brethren (link) - we sort of got along with the kids across the street as they also had highly cult-like beliefs (they are much more extreme the WCG, though - they weren't allowed to own televisions, for example). I know what a cult is. As one very basic example, I remember one email my father received after they left the church (WCG had a schism in the early-mid 90's after the founder died - in the aftermath of that, the church lost control over a lot of its members and my parents walked out on the church. The email was about Harry Potter, and it read much like the following: 

"Do not read this book. Do not let your kids read this book. This book is from the devil. I am an ordained minister in the Worldwide Church of God, and because I have studied for four years at Ambassador College I have more of the Holy Spirit than regular church members, the Holy Spirit helped stop the corruption inside of me, but you will be corrupted. For example, in one part of the book one of the characters tells Harry Potter that "there is no good or evil, there is only power and those too weak to take it". This is not the message  we want to teach our kids, this is demonic and your kids will be possessed by the devil if you let them read this book". 

And that's not even including the way that the church tried to financially control us, with the pastor literally meeting regularly with my parents to work out a budget so that they could donate more money to the church - my dad had a spinal disease called ankylosing spondylitis, it literally fused his vertebrae together, and my mother worked part time as a school librarian - we weren't rich and often we were below the poverty line. 

Try as I might, I cannot see Trump exerting anywhere near that level of control over any of his followers, and you would need a hundred times more control before you could ever argue Trump controlled their behaviour to the point that he bears legal responsibility for it. 

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, spartan max2 said:

Current bipartisan bill to avoid another 2020 election overturn attempt.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/20/politics/electoral-count-act-reform-january-6-response/index.html

Didn't want to make this its own thread, felt like it was relevant enough 

I thought this was a good start. Fix issues in a bipartisan manner, so they don't happen again. This should be done with abortion, and guns, and everything else. 

Find issue. Work up fix. Adjust fix so most agree with it. Vote on fix and make it law.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Hero worship is still not a cult! What compound did this group stay in? How did Trump control their lives? How did he instill devotion in his flock? Apart from their admiration for him, which could be described as "hero worship", how is this a cult? 

PS - you're talking with someone who grew up in a cult called the Worldwide Church of God (link), and literally across the road from me growing up was a family who belonged to The Brethren (link) - we sort of got along with the kids across the street as they also had highly cult-like beliefs (they are much more extreme the WCG, though - they weren't allowed to own televisions, for example). I know what a cult is. As one very basic example, I remember one email my father received after they left the church (WCG had a schism in the early-mid 90's after the founder died - in the aftermath of that, the church lost control over a lot of its members and my parents walked out on the church. The email was about Harry Potter, and it read much like the following: 

"Do not read this book. Do not let your kids read this book. This book is from the devil. I am an ordained minister in the Worldwide Church of God, and because I have studied for four years at Ambassador College I have more of the Holy Spirit than regular church members, the Holy Spirit helped stop the corruption inside of me, but you will be corrupted. For example, in one part of the book one of the characters tells Harry Potter that "there is no good or evil, there is only power and those too weak to take it". This is not the message  we want to teach our kids, this is demonic and your kids will be possessed by the devil if you let them read this book". 

And that's not even including the way that the church tried to financially control us, with the pastor literally meeting regularly with my parents to work out a budget so that they could donate more money to the church - my dad had a spinal disease called ankylosing spondylitis, it literally fused his vertebrae together, and my mother worked part time as a school librarian - we weren't rich and often we were below the poverty line. 

Try as I might, I cannot see Trump exerting anywhere near that level of control over any of his followers, and you would need a hundred times more control before you could ever argue Trump controlled their behaviour to the point that he bears legal responsibility for it. 

Thats your opinion most do not share it.

Edit to add you having first hand experence with cults its a surprize or perhaps not that you are blind to trump using cult leader tactics.

Edited by the13bats

44 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its a great comparison the fact trump worshippers do not think so further proves it.

I've seen the very same idiots, but worshipping at Biden, and Hillary Clinton, instead. Many of the "woke" dont think, but are puppets spreading anger and hate in the name of tolerance and justice. 

We all must simply acknowledge that there are going to be fanatics among the other philosophy. You can't kill/remove the idiots, just because they are idiots. Saddly...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

So when is he going to say he was just kidding? AFAIK, he's never hinted he was kidding.

I don't think he was kidding. I think he honestly wanted to go there, and was honestly POed when the SS wouldnt let him. I dont think he's some genius 3D chess master, that he'd plan a "just kidding" to get out of some committee investigation one and a half years after the riot.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Thats your opinion most do not share it.

Most people think Trump is a cult? 

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Edit to add you having first hand experence with cults its a surprize or perhaps not that you are blind to trump using cult leader tactics.

Trump is a populist leader, every populist movement has some commonalities. There are certainly elements of a charismatic leader in any populism movement, which is a key component in any cult. But a charismatic leader is just the first of many many steps before populism becomes a cult and saying that there's a charismatic leader doesn't automatically make it a cult!  

The following video is a very well thought out discussion on the issue, if you're interested in the topic :tu: edit: there's a really interesting discussion in the second half of the video about characteristics of people who are attracted to populist movements. Suffice it to say I recognised myself in a lot of it (even the negative stuff, I'm sad to say). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Most people think Trump is a cult? 

That's only wrong by one letter.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I thought this was a good start. Fix issues in a bipartisan manner, so they don't happen again. This should be done with abortion, and guns, and everything else. 

Find issue. Work up fix. Adjust fix so most agree with it. Vote on fix and make it law.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Time will tell if it actually can pass in the Senate 

• Like 4

Can't believe they interrupted Jeopardy! for this crap.

• Haha 2