Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Offenders can do community service "WFH"

Silver

Posted (edited)

Criminals have been allowed to 'work from home' to do more than 300,000 hours of community sentence work in two years.

Offenders have been making face masks and greeting cards at home as part of the unpaid work.

Last night, critics questioned whether the Government had forgotten its drive to limit public-sector workers and civil servants working from home.

Officials claim the scheme, introduced during the pandemic, lets criminals complete a backlog of unfinished community work.

Offenders allowed to complete more than 300,000 hours of community service from home in two years | Daily Mail Online

Edited by The Silver Shroud

Posted (edited)

Cutting taxes (coming this month) increases demand in the economy which at the current time is bad. Its bad because it will drive up inflation further.

To counter that while the above eases the cost of living the Tories seek to cut demand in the economy to lower inflation. Done by reducing state spending on the civil service. When it comes to fiscal policy thats clever, and a good move.

The labour party dont like it as the civil service with its union is one of their major support bases. A civil service heavily expanded during coronavirus due to its unprecedented demand for benefits, which now has no use for all the extra people it took on. Time to bye bye a load of them anyway now things have returned to normal.

So Boris is being a bit genius above, he isn`t even downing two birds with one stone, but three!!! Clever, brutally competent, and he will be getting my vote yet again. Partying during lockdown is not enough or severe enough to put me off him. It needs to actually be an important mistake. Until then he still gets my vote.

Criminals who shouldn`t be in prison should not have been forced to put themselves at risk by not working from home. Most of these prisoners will be shop lifters, petty thieves, people who had a bit of a punch up with someone, someone who had drug in their possession for personal use, etc. Its not right to put them at risk as their offences are hardly major.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A thoughtful post, Cookie, except of course Johnson is neither clever nor competent- quite the reverse. But he has what it takes to appeal to the electorate - up til now anyway.

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

A thoughtful post, Cookie, except of course Johnson is neither clever nor competent- quite the reverse. But he has what it takes to appeal to the electorate - up til now anyway.

Please qualify your claim that he is neither clever or competent.

And I know you have a left bias so none of that, actual facts that I can review and investigate to see if they are legitimate.