Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe

Guyver

So, basically I am a “Lost Soul” in this world if you will.  I used to have something to believe in.  I had something to do!  Since I’ve lost my faith in religion and the Bible, I’ve had to find my way on my own.  So, a long story short, I’m a musician of sorts, I played a lot when I was younger, but recently came back to playing guitar rather seriously in hopes of accomplishing a goal I set for myself.  Anyway, even though I was drinking and partying in a sense at the time, I put this out to the universe, I wanted to be able to get the tone like the guy from Los Lonely Boys.  So, I said to my drinking partner, who happened to be my lovely wife, that I am going to say something to the universe right now.  And then I said it.  I said, if the universe is listening right now and can have any impact on my life, I would like to be able to play the tone of Los Lonely Boys.

Well, tonight I got it.  I mean not exactly, I have a long way to go, two guitar effects to add, but in general, I did discover the guitar tone I had been searching for tonight and to me that means more than I can tell you. I feel really good right now and I don’t see any reason to not continue this.  I will ask the universe to bring me the things I need or want and see if it happens.  What do you think?

• Like 8

If I don’t have a God to believe in, why can’t the universe be my God. It is the universe that made me after all, isn’t  it?

Edited by Guyver
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I will ask the universe to bring me the things I need or want and see if it happens.  What do you think?

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your faith.

With all due respect, if you are expecting to have things provided for you isn’t that a bit entitled?

Half of the fun of achievement is the journey you take to accomplish.  That defines you and makes success that much more sweeter.

If you are relying on faith to deliver, you will be sorely disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your faith.

With all due respect, if you are expecting to have things provided for you isn’t that a bit entitled?

Half of the fun of achievement is the journey you take to accomplish.  That defines you and makes success that much more sweeter.

If you are relying on faith to deliver, you will be sorely disappointed.

Faith, as I understand it is based on the Bible and God.  I no longer believe in either of those.  Well, I would like to believe in God, but I don’t know how since I believe that God, if it exists, is beyond knowing by people on this level- whatever that may be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

If I don’t have a God to believe in, why can’t the universe be my God. It is the universe that made me after all, isn’t  it?

You can still be spiritual but not religious. We are all our own god and if we need something it's up to us to make it happen. Not relying on a god is the ultimate freedom to me. I still believe in doing the right thing and you will be repaid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

You can still be spiritual but not religious. We are all our own god and if we need something it's up to us to make it happen. Not relying on a god is the ultimate freedom to me. I still believe in doing the right thing and you will be repaid.

Ok, but how does doing the right thing equate to something as banal as getting a b****in  guitar tone?  Why would the universe care if I could get good tone?  Is it because I have given good joo-joo to the universe by being a “good person?”

PS.  I want to add.  From the time I asked the universe to the time I found the guitar tone was within 7 days.  FWIW.

PSS.  I will also add that I have been practicing and dreaming of songs while I sleep, so I have been trying to get good, but still…to get tone like that in less than seven days?  That’s pretty fricken great!

You know, the idea of God from the Bible involves judgement.  You will stand before God and be judged, and that’s why you need your sins forgiven.  Jesus shed his blood on the cross. You know the problem I have with that?  Why would  the very God that made me in the first place be so inept as to require a blood sacrifice for his own mistakes?  It doesn’t make sense to me.  If you have the power to make me, how could you fail?  How could I not be right if I were made by the God of the universe?  Am I to believe that God failed so I need Jesus?  I don’t think so.  If God failed, then I think he’s the one who’s got some explaining to do.  You know what I mean? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't think any god or the universe had anything to do with it. You said yourself you've gotten back into playing seriously. Then i would assume you know your guitar and set up well enough to emulate or attempt to emulate the tone you're after. A good OD, delay, and EQ is all you really need for most tone copies. Dist or high gain if you want to go heavier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

I don't think any god or the universe had anything to do with it. You said yourself you've gotten back into playing seriously. Then i would assume you know your guitar and set up well enough to emulate or attempt to emulate the tone you're after. A good OD, delay, and EQ is all you really need for most tone copies. Dist or high gain if you want to go heavier. 

I just feel like it would make me better than I am to be able to achieve that goal by myself.  I don’t think I’m that good. I will admit that I was searching for that sweet spot on the amp and I did find it on the clean side. I was perfectly satisfied with that tone.  It was the dire straits sultans of swing tone.  I got that.  That was easy.  It was the clean dirty tone I couldn’t find and I didn’t think this gear could do it.  But it did.  But, not until I asked for it.  I mean, it may mean nothing, it’s only one thing, but what if it could be tested again?

Edited by Guyver

36 minutes ago, Guyver said:

PSS.  I will also add that I have been practicing and dreaming of songs while I sleep, so I have been trying to get good, but still…to get tone like that in less than seven days?  That’s pretty fricken great!

It sounds like you have gone from God to the universe for help and giving them the credit when you should be patting yourself on the back for it. Whoever gave you the talent, your mum or dad or the combination, which is you. Just look within yourself for answers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, openozy said:

It sounds like you have gone from God to the universe for help and giving them the credit when you should be patting yourself on the back for it. Whoever gave you the talent, your mum or dad or the combination, which is you. Just look within yourself for answers.

I have looked within myself for answers and found only deep darkness and silence,  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I have looked within myself for answers and found only deep darkness and silence,  

Is that why you went to religion?

31 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You know, the idea of God from the Bible involves judgement.  You will stand before God and be judged, and that’s why you need your sins forgiven.  Jesus shed his blood on the cross. You know the problem I have with that?  Why would  the very God that made me in the first place be so inept as to require a blood sacrifice for his own mistakes?  It doesn’t make sense to me.  If you have the power to make me, how could you fail?  How could I not be right if I were made by the God of the universe?  Am I to believe that God failed so I need Jesus?  I don’t think so.  If God failed, then I think he’s the one who’s got some explaining to do.  You know what I mean? 

This is just one reason I lost my faith in this as a kid, none of it makes any sense to me and puts you in a scared box which is not life, freedom is.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, openozy said:

Is that why you went to religion?

Could be.  I did have a hard life growing up.  

• Like 2

It amazes me that intelligent people, high up in society can still believe this tripe. I think the reason is they don't give themselves time to think about it. Saying this I still respect others beliefs, just don't want to be included, lol.

• Like 3

Just now, openozy said:

It amazes me that intelligent people, high up in society can still believe this tripe. I think the reason is they don't give themselves time to think about it. Saying this I still respect others beliefs, just don't want to be included, lol.

Honestly, I don’t think that many people are concerned about it in todays world, which sounds incredibly hypocritical since I started a thread on something as selfish as finding good guitar tone.  But it meant something to me in my universe.  I really don’t know what to believe, and the more I learn, the less I think I know.  It’s funny, I remember that within that time of me asking the universe for that tone, and finding it…I watched a YouTube video of a guy demonstrating a pedal I was considering, and he made me feel like a one-armed child suffering from anemia.  Here is the video. 

• Like 3

I really love music, it's life itself but I can't play. I think anyone that can make a good sound come out of a bit of wood and wire is amazing and is on a good track without any divine intervention, lol. I think music is very spiritual and a great benefit to mankind, so go hard Guyver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, openozy said:

I really love music, it's life itself but I can't play. I think anyone that can make a good sound come out of a bit of wood and wire is amazing and is on a good track without any divine intervention, lol. I think music is very spiritual and a great benefit to mankind, so go hard Guyver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I watched a YouTube video of a guy demonstrating a pedal I was considering, 

I have the RC-3 on my pedalboard and i love it. Great for working out ideas before I lay down any tracks. 

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

Ok, but how does doing the right thing equate to something as banal as getting a b****in  guitar tone?  Why would the universe care if I could get good tone?  Is it because I have given good joo-joo to the universe by being a “good person?”

You still have that Christian "personal reward and punishment" framework going on. Maybe the Universe just got tired of listening to you playing it wrong. :w00t:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Guyver said:

Faith, as I understand it is based on the Bible and God.  I no longer believe in either of those.  Well, I would like to believe in God, but I don’t know how since I believe that God, if it exists, is beyond knowing by people on this level- whatever that may be. 

Faith is simply belief without qualification.

All that is required is to believe in yourself.  Your achievements are yours and no one else’s, not gods and certainly not the universe’s.

We are each our own God.

• Thanks 1

[00.09:12]

~

Don't be a Modern Music Industry slave... 

~

• Thanks 1