Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe

Guyver

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

PS.  I want to add.  From the time I asked the universe to the time I found the guitar tone was within 7 days.  FWIW.

So you kept looking for it and working on it for 7 days…with some hope and expectation that you would find it?   Good work Guyver.   
     I dunno, but ya, you are part of the universe..so maybe when you asked the universe..you were listening too? :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

So, basically I am a “Lost Soul” in this world if you will.  I used to have something to believe in.  I had something to do!  Since I’ve lost my faith in religion and the Bible, I’ve had to find my way on my own.  So, a long story short, I’m a musician of sorts, I played a lot when I was younger, but recently came back to playing guitar rather seriously in hopes of accomplishing a goal I set for myself.  Anyway, even though I was drinking and partying in a sense at the time, I put this out to the universe, I wanted to be able to get the tone like the guy from Los Lonely Boys.  So, I said to my drinking partner, who happened to be my lovely wife, that I am going to say something to the universe right now.  And then I said it.  I said, if the universe is listening right now and can have any impact on my life, I would like to be able to play the tone of Los Lonely Boys.

Well, tonight I got it.  I mean not exactly, I have a long way to go, two guitar effects to add, but in general, I did discover the guitar tone I had been searching for tonight and to me that means more than I can tell you. I feel really good right now and I don’t see any reason to not continue this.  I will ask the universe to bring me the things I need or want and see if it happens.  What do you think?

You do realize that what you asked the universe wasn't just given, you have been working for it on your guitar.  That is the way all requests from the universe work, nothing will drop into your hands, somehow you manifest it whether by meeting someone who is looking to get rid of what you want, or by getting the resources to aquire it.   In this case that is what I would describe as how you found the tone, you have been working with your guitar and what ever you were doing presented that tone to you along with the knowledge that you have to keep working to get it exact (aquiring resources).

It is a good practice to ask the universe as long as the asking is followed up with action.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your faith.

With all due respect, if you are expecting to have things provided for you isn’t that a bit entitled?

Half of the fun of achievement is the journey you take to accomplish.  That defines you and makes success that much more sweeter.

If you are relying on faith to deliver, you will be sorely disappointed.

You  mean entitled  like praying to a god to solve your poblems?  What he described was not entitled, he worked for what he asked for, he didn't just sit around waiting for the guitar to manifest that tone.

I think you read his post through twisted glasses.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

Why would the very God that made me in the first place be so inept as to require a blood sacrifice for his own mistakes?  

God doesn't require blood sacrifice. Man does.

It's because of man's ineptitude that he so often ascribes to God what are his own failures.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

Faith, as I understand it is based on the Bible and God.  I no longer believe in either of those.  Well, I would like to believe in God, but I don’t know how since I believe that God, if it exists, is beyond knowing by people on this level- whatever that may be. 

Faith in what you can do and think you could do. In some cases people need a god for that little extra "kick" to get the mental gears moving. 

Just believe in the possibility of what you intend to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

PSS.  I will also add that I have been practicing and dreaming of songs while I sleep, so I have been trying to get good, but still…to get tone like that in less than seven days?  That’s pretty fricken great!

It sounds like (to me) that you are an accomplished guitar player anyway and getting the tone you wanted isn’t a stretch by any means. It seems again (to me) you put your heart and soul into the things you do, your goal once was to play a great golf game and you did that too. :D

A fun aside, I once cut the hair of the bassist for Los Lobos, similar band to the Los Lonely Boys. 

My two cents, this is about practice and experience more than any universal intervention, in essence you asked this of yourself and put in the  practice and in turn reached your goal, to be expected of one who is at your level of expertise with the guitar. Great job, by the way.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was that iconoclastic period of my life, when time and again I tore down a false idol, only to find, on rising the next morning, I had simply erected another in it's place. It's ironic to declare to oneself there is nothing to pray to, then find oneself on one's knees praying, never-the-less. One's youth is a harsh teacher; it has no mercy and imprisons the soul. It is in that travail of years we plot our escape to finally find ourself standing in the portal of our prison and at last gazing out upon the grand vista of the life we had hitherto denied ourselves.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

There are plenty of religious/spiritual writings on our thoughts ,and words, being powerful forces in shaping our futures. ?   ..how that works exactly is complex and variable ?  but we all know it’s true :)    I have set my mind ,or heart, on some things that have then, with patience and often a lot of work, come true *! :P    Thoughts ,given enough attention, tend to become words and actions?    an, I think the spoken word actually has power (that might be woowoo). .but, it sure seems like it.   We do know that words can help or harm another. 
    Anyway… the Universe is shared by all.  ..sorta makes us like family.  . Welcome home Guyver:P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lightly said:

There are plenty of religious/spiritual writings on our thoughts ,and words, being powerful forces in shaping our futures. ?   ..how that works exactly is complex and variable ?  but we all know it’s true :)    I have set my mind ,or heart, on some things that have then, with patience and often a lot of work, come true *! :P    Thoughts ,given enough attention, tend to become words and actions?    an, I think the spoken word actually has power (that might be woowoo). .but, it sure seems like it.   We do know that words can help or harm another. 
    Anyway… the Universe is shared by all.  ..sorta makes us like family.  . Welcome home Guyver:P

Well said, Lightly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Will Due said:

God doesn't require blood sacrifice

but I do

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

For some reason the universe told me to send you this. The universe said you know what it means.

qffllvkkfgzklh8gxj5p.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

It sounds like (to me) that you are an accomplished guitar player anyway and getting the tone you wanted isn’t a stretch by any means. It seems again (to me) you put your heart and soul into the things you do, your goal once was to play a great golf game and you did that too. :D

A fun aside, I once cut the hair of the bassist for Los Lobos, similar band to the Los Lonely Boys. 

My two cents, this is about practice and experience more than any universal intervention, in essence you asked this of yourself and put in the  practice and in turn reached your goal, to be expected of one who is at your level of expertise with the guitar. Great job, by the way.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I have issues, but I think that being able to play music is just a really special part of my life.  I play percussion, bass and guitar and I bring music into the universe and if I’m not playing I listen to others play, and to me, that plus golf is really the best part of life for me.  Plus other things you know but basically yeah.  I’m a music fan.  And to tell you the truth, I had forgotten that I even asked the universe for that until after I found it,   I think what everyone in this thread has said is right, you just have to go your own way and enjoy the ride if you can.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

but I do

Don't blame God

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Don't blame God

Did i blame your god anywhere? Can you quote me where i did that? 

2 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Did i blame your god anywhere? Can you quote me where i did that? 

Didn't you say you needed blood sacrifice? Why do you need blood sacrifice from your God?

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Didn't you say you needed blood sacrifice? Why do you need blood sacrifice from your God?

You miss understand. *I* need blood sacrifices. For myself. There are no gods here.

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

You miss understand. *I* need blood sacrifices. For myself. There are no gods here.

Maybe you misunderstand why others need blood sacrifice. Because no one needs blood sacrifice. Do you know how it came to be, that something that isn't true became the cornerstone of Christianity? that man needs blood sacrifice?

Edited by Will Due

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Maybe you misunderstand why others need blood sacrifice. Because no one needs blood sacrifice. Do you know how it came to be, that something that isn't true became the cornerstone of Christianity? that man needs blood sacrifice?

So you only have the one mode, huh? Not a lot going on up there....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

So you only have the one mode, huh? Not a lot going on up there....

If you know that man doesn't need blood sacrifice, why wouldn't you ask, if that's the case, what does man need?

Maybe, when there's a lot going on up there, it's something like this:

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Edited by Will Due

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

If you know that man doesn't need blood sacrifice, why wouldn't you ask, if that's the case, what does man need?

Maybe, when there's a lot going on up there, it's something like this:

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

*I* require blood sacrifice. Me. For me. Blood sacrifices to me. I don't care about your gods. I demand blood sacrifices.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

I demand blood sacrifices.   

Well, some people have no idea what they’re doing, and a lot of them are really good at it.

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

I thought it was a funny joke, not a serious comment.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

For some reason the universe told me to send you this. The universe said you know what it means.

qffllvkkfgzklh8gxj5p.jpg

I see you have all levels pinned.  Max out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I thought it was a funny joke, not a serious comment.

I know.

The reason why I replied is because I think thinking that God needs blood sacrifice for anyone's sake, is anything but a joke. But I understand why you laughed.