Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe

Guyver

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

But…but…but I turn to Marvel and DC comics. Just as valid as Coil’s argument now, isn’t it? :D

cormac

:lol:

1 hour ago, Coil said:

This is not enough, believe me

No, believe me, it is. And is more than any man like you or I will ever be able to obtain spiritually.  We will never experience having a life grow inside of us, dependent on us, merged with us and all of the meaning and responsibility and pure spirituality that entails. Our spirituality in a relative sense is hollow compared to the profundity of that kind of experience and I think 1- leads to the kind of out-there mythology you seem to need to believe in to seemingly try and compensate and 2- has something to do with why all the popular religions were created by men and yet are not exactly shining examples of 'spirituality' or even basic compassion sometimes.

1 hour ago, Coil said:

but if it's easier for you to see a person, then this is your current level.

I'm glad you recognize that Sherapy is at a different and significantly higher level than you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

That’ll take a lot of imagination lightly as we haven’t even gotten close to that since our ancestors came down from the trees millions of years ago. 

cormac

Oh  I know cormac.  Those are just some lyrics from John Lennon’s song “Imagine” . . .(I spose you and most knew that). .  I just like the thought. . wishful thinking I guess.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well @Guyver you got what you wanted, that's all that matters.

Wait until you read my next post.  I don’t want to direct it toward you specifically, more toward the thread, but I lost that guitar tone and weird things have been happening.  I will preface by saying that we had high winds, and heat, and I have allergies chronic, so it was a rough day….but…aside from that…

Ok, so here’s the thing.  I am no longer going to be joking around about asking the universe. Two things.

1.  I feel like I just slapped in the face by the universe.

2. I am going to be speaking to the universe in a much more respectful way from now on, or else I will not be saying anything.

Long story short, one I kinda lost that tone and two I think I understand what happened.  So, last week my wife was out of town and we had a heat wave.  We have no AC here.  So, I moved all of my music gear downstairs from the upstairs dedicated room I normally use, and I set up as if I were going to play a show.  Well the PA was fine but I had my amp on the ground (upstairs it was raised 10” sitting on an old Army trunk) downstairs it was on the floor next to me and I was standing above it.  After my wife came back home I moved the amp upstairs and noticed the tone was different.  I didn’t like it as much and had to turn the amp up to get a similar effect.  I was trying for the ultimate “loud”  tone at a low volume, so the neighbors don’t have to hear me play.  Anyway, I had to turn it up to get the effect, but then I noticed way too much mid and high.  Then, my reverb goes out.  It starts making this really weird sound like the tube was rattling.  I was loud, noticeable, and obnoxious.  So, I unplugged everything went strait to the amp, and sure enough, same thing.  When I hit B major on the 7th fret it sounded like all hell breaks loose.  So, I get up have coffee, this morning, test it again.  It fails.  So, I load the amp up in the car and drive the 30 minutes up to Lightning Joes Guitar Heaven and take the amp in.  Ask the guy to test it.  He plugs in….plays, nothing wrong.  He hands me the guitar, I turn up the amp and the reverb, hit that chord, nothing.  Like there was no problem.  I bring it home, put it back upstairs where it was, but this time I put a folded up towel under the amp on top of the trunk.  It works, but every now and then there is the hint of that sound.  So, I put it flat on the floor and it works fine.  I think there was some phenomenon that occurred as a result of being elevated on that trunk.  I can’t explain it any other way.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

No, believe me, it is. And is more than any man like you or I will ever be able to obtain spiritually.  We will never experience having a life grow inside of us, dependent on us, merged with us and all of the meaning and responsibility and pure spirituality that entails. Our spirituality in a relative sense is hollow compared to the profundity of that kind of experience and I think 1- leads to the kind of out-there mythology you seem to need to believe in to seemingly try and compensate and 2- has something to do with why all the popular religions were created by men and yet are not exactly shining examples of 'spirituality' or even basic compassion sometimes.

I'm glad you recognize that Sherapy is at a different and significantly higher level than you.

Well said, and thought provoking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Well said, and thought provoking. 

Thanks, yea, I've just never bought into this idea of 'levels' of spirituality.  That works, maybe, for an individual person but I think is totally incomparable to others, I think we'd have to know the truth of the matter to make that kind of comparison.  The work you do as a caregiver to me is core spirituality, there are few better ways on that front to be 'known by your fruits'; whatever nine angels supposedly did over billions of years and all of the essentially mythological stuff seems cartoonish in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Thanks, yea, I've just never bought into this idea of 'levels' of spirituality.  That works, maybe, for an individual person but I think is totally incomparable to others, I think we'd have to know the truth of the matter to make that kind of comparison.  The work you do as a caregiver to me is core spirituality, there are few better ways on that front to be 'known by your fruits'; whatever nine angels supposedly did over billions of years and all of the essentially mythological stuff seems cartoonish in comparison.

A lot of the stuff we're reading from certain members is pure new age garbage. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coil said:

This is not enough, believe me,

Really, you are going to use the phrase "believe me".  Are you begging or conning?   Those are the only two times people use that phrase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I like your thoughts on this, caregiving has turned out for me to be an opportunity to nurture empathy and compassion and many other things, I do agree that a mental belief is immaterial and meaningless without experience in real time the actual living breathing experiences that offer opportunities to me to grow. I am with vulnerable people who it is best for them to have me show up ready to meet their actual needs not what I think is best for them based on some thought I have or my needs only. You are correct, when I started out I was a stress case my fruits showed up real fast, for me, I in turn learned everything I could to help myself and continue to do so to this day. Thanks for your kind words.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

A lot of the stuff we're reading from certain members is pure new age garbage. 

It is woo bs, vacuous what one would expect from mental diatribe. We all have thousands of thoughts running thru our head a day, it really is meaningless in the big scheme of things. My two cents get out and live ( not at you, in general) find ways to be good to others, that is where one’s spirituality shows the most.  Even being kind and compassionate to oneself is a good start. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, lightly said:

Oh  I know cormac.  Those are just some lyrics from John Lennon’s song “Imagine” . . .(I spose you and most knew that). .  I just like the thought. . wishful thinking I guess.

‘You may say  I’m a dreamer.    But I’m not the only one.    I hope some day you’ll join us.    And the world will live as One.’

:lol:   That’s the next line in the song.      But ,  I know… Fat Chance of that by the looks of things ..  :( 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lightly said:

‘You may say  I’m a dreamer.    But I’m not the only one.    I hope some day you’ll join us.    And the world will live as One.’

:lol:   That’s the next line in the song.      But ,  I know… Fat Chance of that by the looks of things ..  :( 

Stranger things have happened. 

cormac

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

This is one of my favorite songs, but the best I can do is use the life I have as my canvas (opportunity) to recognize others as one and when I don’t or struggle then I have an opportunity to work on myself or let go or find a way to do better. I no longer wish for Utopia’s. Just my two cents.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This is one of my favorite songs, but the best I can do is use the life I have as my canvas (opportunity) to recognize others as one and when I don’t or struggle then I have an opportunity to work on myself or let go or find a way to do better. I no longer wish for Utopia’s. Just my two cents.

The closest thing to Utopia any of us are going to get is when we expire and have nothing left to worry about. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It is woo bs, vacuous what one would expect from mental diatribe. We all have thousands of thoughts running thru our head a day, it really is meaningless in the big scheme of things. My two cents get out and live ( not at you, in general) find ways to be good to others, that is where one’s spirituality shows the most.  Even being kind and compassionate to oneself is a good start. 

The new age movement pretty much twisted actually spiritual ideals. (Even the religion of its origin did this). When spirituality became its own thing, it gave a lot of people a false sense of knowledge and personal development.

This along with new thought created a lot of wishful thinkers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Yoga basically means Union which means finding balance between the mind and the body, or being as healthy as possible in these areas if there is anything “spiritual” it would simply be meditation which really boils down to accepting one’s humanness.

It may be so in your yoga, but in general, yoga is aimed at uniting with God-Brahman, and God is Sat-Chit-Ananda (perfect Being-Consciousness-Bliss). In order to unite with God, you need to stop thinking, surrender to the divine,  and then higher levels of intelligence open on the path to a truly divine mind.

But that's not all, with the opening of spiritual consciousness comes the opportunity to transform the biological body into a genuine divine body on earth and the unconscious areas of the subconscious into divine consciousness.And so, a complete transformation of a person into a Superman and further into a God-Man, the surrounding nature into an immortal and higher ParaPrakriti is possible.

Levels of Consciousness:

1*yfU8Jtk0yHof4OLrSUSzTg.png

101-Figure1-1.png

ZI-9HFW-2018-JUN00-SPI-85-1

6 minutes ago, Coil said:

In order to unite with God, you need to stop thinking, surrender to the divine,  and then higher levels of intelligence open on the path to a truly divine mind.

Wow, this looks so very very familiar. Almost like ego = bad. Hmm....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The new age movement pretty much twisted actually spiritual ideals. (Even the religion of its origin did this). When spirituality became its own thing, it gave a lot of people a false sense of knowledge and personal development.

This along with new thought created a lot of wishful thinkers. 

Maybe it’s a good thing that  spirituality is being freed ,to some extent, from strict established dogma and becoming more ‘ personal’ ?      Freedom of ,and from, religion, if one wishes.    Wishful  thinking is better than not thinking…and just following whatever herd’s beliefs. ?     

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

Maybe it’s a good thing that  spirituality is being freed ,to some extent, from strict established dogma and becoming more ‘ personal’ ?      Freedom of ,and from, religion, if one wishes.    Wishful  thinking is better than not thinking…and just following whatever herd’s beliefs. ?     

Not really. I mean to an extent it can be fine. It's the false sense of spirituality development that's a hangup. Wishful thinking is fine if coupled with actual doing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The closest thing to Utopia any of us are going to get is when we expire and have nothing left to worry about. 

cormac

Exactly:nw:

20 minutes ago, Coil said:

It may be so in your yoga, but in general, yoga is aimed at uniting with God-Brahman, and God is Sat-Chit-Ananda (perfect Being-Consciousness-Bliss). In order to unite with God, you need to stop thinking, surrender to the divine,  and then higher levels of intelligence open on the path to a truly divine mind.

But that's not all, with the opening of spiritual consciousness comes the opportunity to transform the biological body into a genuine divine body on earth and the unconscious areas of the subconscious into divine consciousness.And so, a complete transformation of a person into a Superman and further into a God-Man, the surrounding nature into an immortal and higher ParaPrakriti is possible.

Levels of Consciousness:

101-Figure1-1.png

Respectfully, this is woo. The best way to find about yoga is to practice it for yourself, not to live vicariously thru the words of others. There is nothing woo about it. It is about utilizing the asana’s to prepare oneself to adapt and navigate anything that comes their way in life. Do not waste your time with dogma it is the equivalent of chasing one’s tail. Yoga isn’t about attachment or righteousness it is about acceptance of what is with open awareness  and non judgement and navigating from there. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Coil said:

Levels of Consciousness:

101-Figure1-1.png

I think your mistake is adding the word "God" in your understanding.   And who drew that grid, obviously some westerner who misunderstood the whole point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Respectfully, this is woo. The best way to find about yoga is to practice it for yourself, not to live vicariously thru the words of others. There is nothing woo about it. It is about utilizing the asana’s to prepare oneself to adapt and navigate anything that comes their way in life. Do not waste your time with dogma it is the equivalent of chasing one’s tail. Yoga isn’t about attachment or righteousness it is about acceptance of what is with open awareness  and non judgement and navigating from there. 

But isn’t that what dogs do? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 2