Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe

Guyver

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

But isn’t that what dogs do? :lol:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. 

cormac

Dogs only chase their tail when they  are bored or experiencing anxiety.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Dogs only chase their tail when they  are bored or experiencing anxiety.

Nothing makes some more anxious than wanting to be seen as having answers to questions that are far beyond their ability to know. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are a surfeit of sites on the web, more than happy to illuminate your life with a philosophy or technique to acquire wisdom with little or no effort, for a modest fee, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 2:38 AM, Guyver said:

Faith, as I understand it is based on the Bible and God.  I no longer believe in either of those.  Well, I would like to believe in God, but I don’t know how since I believe that God, if it exists, is beyond knowing by people on this level- whatever that may be. 

What you have yet to wrap your brain around is that Belief is Belief.  Matters not a hill of beans what you are believing.  Belief means basically...okay, I don't know if that is true but it sounds good so what the hell.

Nothing in the Universe said, Pssst, hey Guyver, go for that Los Lonely Boys tone!   You liked that tone and wanted it yourself.

If your desire is strong enough, your Subconscious will find a way to make it happen...if you will allow it to.  

No one deserves the credit for your success except you.  If you found the tone it's because you wanted it...tried different stuff.  Why does everything have to be some kind of Voodoo Woo?  Reality is the coolest thing there is.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, joc said:

What you have yet to wrap your brain around is that Belief is Belief.  Matters not a hill of beans what you are believing.  Belief means basically...okay, I don't know if that is true but it sounds good so what the hell.

Nothing in the Universe said, Pssst, hey Guyver, go for that Los Lonely Boys tone!   You liked that tone and wanted it yourself.

If your desire is strong enough, your Subconscious will find a way to make it happen...if you will allow it to.  

No one deserves the credit for your success except you.  If you found the tone it's because you wanted it...tried different stuff.  Why does everything have to be some kind of Voodoo Woo?  Reality is the coolest thing there is.  

It’s akin to a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

Pretty much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, joc said:

Exactly, Joc. There is nothing mystical about having goals, pursing them and then reaching them. I think we make choices, invest our energy in the form of doing something to make something happen.  It is the same for everyone the universe doesn’t play favorites, that is ego’s domain. I think Guyvs religious conditioning will always show up on his path in some form, it really is a matter of being aware of that for him when he is wowed by something, at the end of the day it is just his efforts making things happen.. IMHO. I offer feedback with great respect to him. I agree with you on its own life is pretty damn cool.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Exactly, Joc. There is nothing mystical about having goals, pursing them and then reaching them. I think we make choices, invest our energy in the form of doing something to make something happen.  It is the same for everyone the universe doesn’t play favorites, that is ego’s domain. I think Guyvs religious conditioning will always show up on his path in some form, it really is a matter of being aware of that for him when he is wowed by something, at the end of the day it is just his efforts making things happen.. IMHO. I offer feedback with great respect to him. I agree with you on its own life is pretty damn cool.

Sometimes you have to consciously let go of the goal in order to achieve the goal. Faith in actions.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes you have to consciously let go of the goal in order to achieve the goal. Faith in actions.

I remember someone told me years ago to write a letter to 'god' stating what I needed in order to be comfortable, then put it in a drawer and forget it.   I wrote one of those letters, only asking for my salary to be what I thought was enough for me to afford to feed my kids, pay my rent and cover other expenses with a small amount to take the kids someplace fun once a month.    I also added that I wanted a new job where I worked with people who I could get along with.   I put the letter in a drawer and forgot about it after a couple of days.

A year later I found it when I was moving for a new job.   I realize now that the request about getting along with  my co-workers had to do with me changing my mind about who was responsible for that, which happened a month or two after I wrote that letter when the voice in my head flat out told me "you can't change these people you can only change how you think about them."

It does work and it isn't magic, it is mental.   I had not been looking for a better job, but when an opportunity fell in my lap I took it even though it meant I had to move 700 mile from home to a town where I did not know anyone.

When I found the letter it was surprising how everything I asked for was in that letter, with a little extra.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:
5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It does work and it isn't magic, it is mental.

:tu:

It's all magic! B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You might have a point, and I’d stress faith in oneself confidence is an asset, timing is big and who you know of, networking abilities, and a work ethic that gives of itself and a willingness to learn and do what it takes etc.

Just a little side story: my youngest son decided to be a chef while he waits for culinary school to start he decided to get some kitchen experience as he has zip chef experience, I mean nada! The first gig was in April at the Hilton, wonderful executive chef took him under her wing he exceeded expectations ( kitchens are ran like the military and he just got out off Air Force :D) He was on his own in 3 weeks.

He happened to be looking thru want ads cuz he decided he wanted to make more money he called to “Husk”, this is fine dining and well known in the US, written up in Bon Appetite he asked the Executive Chef what he needed to do to get a chance, he was granted an interview and got a job his station is salads and pastries to start. We were just in South Carolina and we always visit IBEW’s Unions wherever we vacation. The lady in front office well it turns out her brother is Chef of the year 2022 has a high end catering business for the rich and famous and she called her brother on the spot and connected my son, fast forward the chef is now guiding him on the best school, the reality of a chef’s life etc.  and future PT work. It was one mom talking to another mom in the IBEW Union about what brings us to SC. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You might have a point, and I’d stress faith in oneself confidence is an asset, timing is big and who you know of, networking abilities, and a work ethic that gives of itself and a willingness to learn and do what it takes etc.

Even if the faith is place on something external. There is this whole like about acting as if what we wish shall be. I'd say in guyvers case he had a need, expressed it towards something external ( the universe). Which took it off his conscious mind and he played. Since it "wasn't in his hands" it became easier. 

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Just a little side story: my youngest son decided to be a chef while he waits for culinary school to start he decided to get some kitchen experience as he has zip chef experience, I mean nada! The first gig was in April at the Hilton, wonderful executive chef took him under her wing he exceeded expectations ( kitchens are ran like the military and he just got out off Air Force :D) He was on his own in 3 weeks.

He happened to be looking thru want ads cuz he decided he wanted to make more money he called to “Husk”, this is fine dining and well known in the US, written up in Bon Appetite he asked the Executive Chef what he needed to do to get a chance, he was granted an interview and got the job. We were just in South Carolina and we always visit IBEW’s Unions wherever we vacation. The lady in front office well it turns out her brother is Chef of the year 2022 has a high end catering business for the rich and famous and she called her brother on the spot and connected my son, fast forward the chef is now guiding him on the best school, the reality of a chef’s life etc.  and future PT work. It was one mom talking to another mom in the IBEW Union about what brings us to SC. Thanks for reading.

Set your mind. Follow the path. There might be detours, but it will lead somewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was a quote from a book I read long ago. I wanted to track down the source of it. Spent years trying to find it till I finally gave up. Then one day I found the source. Bought the book it came out of (which was too expensive to be honest). Yet, I got it. 

It all works through the path of least resistence, and that path is perception. Sometimes it will some weird, a strange coincidence here, odd bit of synchronicity there. Even leading to nothing at times. 

When people talk about magick and the occult, I get upset at times. It's like they think by saying a few words, doing a ritual, or crafting a sigil, that reality will instantly shift for them. As if they have power to effect the world around them through thought alone. It doesn't work that way. It works through you (used indirectly).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Even if the faith is place on something external. There is this whole like about acting as if what we wish shall be. I'd say in guyvers case he had a need, expressed it towards something external ( the universe). Which took it off his conscious mind and he played. Since it "wasn't in his hands" it became easier. 

Set your mind. Follow the path. There might be detours, but it will lead somewhere. 

Yeah, good point autopilot kicks in too, whatever experience one has helps building or refinement for the learning curves to varying degrees. I stress that our experiences cultivate  confidence that belief in yourself that you got this no matter what, not afraid to fail, not afraid to give whatever it takes, do what it takes.  I think Guyv has this level of confidence. 

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Yeah, good point autopilot kicks in too, whatever experience one has helps building or refinement for the learning curves to varying degrees. I stress that our experiences cultivate  confidence that belief in yourself that you got this no matter what, not afraid to fail, not afraid to give whatever it takes, do what it takes.  I think Guyv has this level of confidence. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There was a quote from a book I read long ago. I wanted to track down the source of it. Spent years trying to find it till I finally gave up. Then one day I found the source. Bought the book it came out of (which was too expensive to be honest). Yet, I got it. 

It all works through the path of least resistence, and that path is perception. Sometimes it will some weird, a strange coincidence here, odd bit of synchronicity there. Even leading to nothing at times. 

When people talk about magick and the occult, I get upset at times. It's like they think by saying a few words, doing a ritual, or crafting a sigil, that reality will instantly shift for them. As if they have power to effect the world around them through thought alone. It doesn't work that way. It works through you (used indirectly).

This reminds me of two things,

one - my friend thought affirmations should help her change her life, but she did not get the mental connection that has to be made with them.  She repeated the affirmations over and over, had them written on her refrigerator and mirrors.  And one day she exclaimed "Why am I still always getting the same old ****?"    I knew but at the time did not know how to explain it to her.   We both had read a book by Shakti Gawain about this but we got totally different things from that book.    I knew that the only way an affirmation can work is if you already know it is true or that what ever is manifesting without thinking about how.   You declare it once and continue with your life knowing it is true.  She would chant the affirmations over and over with the attitude of changing something she didn't like, something she didn't believe she could have, just wanted.    

two - When I moved to Dallas the last time I had been without work for 2 1/2 years, had spent all my retirement 401k and had borrowed money from my brother, sister and nephew just to get to Dallas to rent an apartment and start my new job.   My nephew filled up his pickup with my necessities (a bed, kitchen stuff, bedding, towels, clothes, one dresser) and I filled up my car with the dog beds, dogs, dog food and a house plant and we headed to Dallas.    I did take my small television and a foldup table to put it on but no living room furniture.   I had been in Dallas about 2 months and drove past a dumpster in the apartment complex on my way to book club and there was a living room chair, it matched one I had in Albuquerque.   I stopped and put it in the car and went to book club.   It was in good shape, I sprayed it and vacumed it and used it.   I still have that chair.   I never thought about finding a chair but I did need one.  I expected to save up and buy one.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

We are the wizards of own lives, weaving into them subtle sorceries of our own device, the magics of faith, religion, love, devotion, and all things sublime and spiritual. We are the guardians of the gates to our own souls, where none may pass save by our countenance. We take from the world without, to plant in our garden of life within and cherish their portents and signs and deliverance in those places of the heart we walk, but never alone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

This reminds me of two things,

one - my friend thought affirmations should help her change her life, but she did not get the mental connection that has to be made with them.  She repeated the affirmations over and over, had them written on her refrigerator and mirrors.  And one day she exclaimed "Why am I still always getting the same old ****?"    I knew but at the time did not know how to explain it to her.   We both had read a book by Shakti Gawain about this but we got totally different things from that book.    I knew that the only way an affirmation can work is if you already know it is true or that what ever is manifesting without thinking about how.   You declare it once and continue with your life knowing it is true.  She would chant the affirmations over and over with the attitude of changing something she didn't like, something she didn't believe she could have, just wanted.    

two - When I moved to Dallas the last time I had been without work for 2 1/2 years, had spent all my retirement 401k and had borrowed money from my brother, sister and nephew just to get to Dallas to rent an apartment and start my new job.   My nephew filled up his pickup with my necessities (a bed, kitchen stuff, bedding, towels, clothes, one dresser) and I filled up my car with the dog beds, dogs, dog food and a house plant and we headed to Dallas.    I did take my small television and a foldup table to put it on but no living room furniture.   I had been in Dallas about 2 months and drove past a dumpster in the apartment complex on my way to book club and there was a living room chair, it matched one I had in Albuquerque.   I stopped and put it in the car and went to book club.   It was in good shape, I sprayed it and vacumed it and used it.   I still have that chair.   I never thought about finding a chair but I did need one.  I expected to save up and buy one.

Great stories Dee, loved reading them. Confidence in oneself is an earmark of success, it is where we see in real time how much is walk and how much is just woo talk.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

I mean, you’re so right.  Maybe I’m still searching and hoping for some spiritual truths on some level, or maybe I just don’t like being lost, I guess reality can sometimes not be as I wish it to be, and I have no control over anything but myself - and I have become so terrible at that right now - lol.  Anyway, looking at what is - is the fundamental truth to some spiritual paths that I have studied after abandoning Christianity.  It’s a great philosophy to follow, so I agree with you on that.  But, on reflection, I see that life, pursuing one’s goals, working, surviving, whatever it may be, is a process that unfolds over time.

I am happy to report that I did get my tone back pretty much today, because I took my amp back to Lightning Joes, again, and they promptly gave me a new one.  Lugged it upstairs, plugged it in, tested it.  Problem solved.  No more rattle and the tone is back.  So, it was a faulty reverb channel.  I’m practicing now for an open mic deal at a popular country bar in my area, and I’m pretty sure I don’t even bring my own amp to it.  I will, just in case.  That way I could play that tone in public, but I’m just planning to stay on the clean channel and do country numbers.  My goal is to be able to play a whole show, but it’s baby steps to the elevator, baby steps to the door…..

• Like 5

If anyone cares to listen, this is my inspiration right now.  This band, this album, this particular song.  IMO, it is a fantastic display of beautiful music.  I want to play guitar like this guy, I want to sing like these guys, I love what they have done, it reaches my soul.  It’s perfectly clean, but loud, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If we're talking guitar tone, I particularly like the tone of this guitarist.

• Like 2

ONJ is Magic to me. :wub:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

ONJ is Magic to me. :wub:

I do like ONJ, but I guess I had you pegged for more of a heavy metal head banger.  Just goes to show you can’t judge a person by their avatar.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1