Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe

Guyver

50 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I do like ONJ, but I guess I had you pegged for more of a heavy metal head banger.  Just goes to show you can’t judge a person by their avatar.  :)

I like good variety (for me) music. Here's one of my favorites.

• Like 1

Here's some more of that great guitar tone. Watch his right hand.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I like good variety (for me) music. Here's one of my favorites.

So, maybe my first judgement of you simply from your avatar didn’t quite get it.  I left some meat on the bone.  So, you obviously have a very wide and eclectic taste in music.  I can dig that.  

• Like 2

I’m not the religious person I should be. Religion was stuffed down my throat from a early age. But a very long time ago I went through some really bad times. I was religious then so I prayed and my prayers were not answered. My X wife lost our unborn son and she almost died. And I didn’t turn my back completely on God but I decided I was on my on here.

As the years past I figured out God doesn’t give you what you ask for he gives you what you need. There is a difference but apparently it takes many years to see this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Los Lonely Boys / Santana

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Something a little different just because I think it’s cool. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-ltPsbw9g

cormac 

I love Justin Johnson, that is the video that made me look for more of his a couple of years ago.   So off topic, but so fun.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I think your mistake is adding the word "God" in your understanding.   And who drew that grid, obviously some westerner who misunderstood the whole point.

The one who gave this scheme, knew God, was an Indian by nationality, gave people a scheme of consciousness and worlds, the path of yoga to the transformation of human consciousness and body into a divine, immortal and perfect being. You can find the author of the topic by keywords, but you don’t need knowledge, you have your head that makes mistakes fooling you and you believe your own mistakes more than knowledge.

• Haha 2

I’ve been covering songs.  You know, performing other peoples music because I’m not good enough to write my own?  I don’t have the gift for lyric, I admit it.  But, even to copy well is a win for me.  Anyway, if you ever decide to copy, that is play other peoples music….there’s one song that should never be covered, it shouldn’t be copied, and never can be reproduced.  It’s called Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin and it is just that good.  It should never be attempted to be covered IMHO.  So, anyway….that’s what I believe in.  That song is too holy to be covered by mere mortals lol.  JK.  I know they are people like the rest of us.  But rock gods they be.  

In my universe, I literally believe that Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin is so musically perfect that it should never be attempted by mankind again.  That’s what I believe in.

8 hours ago, Guyver said:

In my universe, I literally believe that Ten Years Gone by Led Zeppelin is so musically perfect that it should never be attempted by mankind again.  That’s what I believe in.

I guess I’ve  forgotten that song .. I’ll have to hear it again.    :)    I’m sure I’ll remember it ..when I hear it :P

Edited by lightly

On 6/18/2022 at 10:25 AM, Coil said:

The one who gave this scheme, knew God, was an Indian by nationality, gave people a scheme of consciousness and worlds, the path of yoga to the transformation of human consciousness and body into a divine, immortal and perfect being. You can find the author of the topic by keywords, but you don’t need knowledge, you have your head that makes mistakes fooling you and you believe your own mistakes more than knowledge.

Do you practice yoga? 

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Do you practice yoga? 

Edited by Coil

On 6/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, Guyver said:

Since I’ve lost my faith in religion and the Bible, I’ve had to find my way on my own.What do you think?

I think you should be keen to consider finding God by reasoning, instead of looking up the Bible and established religions.

The title of your thread is "I asked the Universe," suppose you have an idea of the universe, please tell me, will you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oslove said:

I think you should be keen to consider finding God by reasoning, instead of looking up the Bible and established religions.

The title of your thread is "I asked the Universe," suppose you have an idea of the universe, please tell me, will you?

Dear Guyver, I am still waiting for your idea of the Universe.

9 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear Guyver, I am still waiting for your idea of the Universe.

Dear everyone, when we use a word like for example, universe, we must have an idea of what the word stands for.

Perhaps you will tell me that it would be confirmatory bias to know what the word stands for, in which case, sorry, but I have to inform you that you are out of your mind.

3 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear everyone, when we use a word like for example, universe, we must have an idea of what the word stands for.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/universe

Definition of universe

1: the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated : COSMOS: such as

a: a systematic whole held to arise by and persist through the direct intervention of divine power

b: the world of human experience

c(1): the entire celestial cosmos

(2): MILKY WAY GALAXY

(3): an aggregate of stars comparable to the Milky Way galaxy

2: a distinct field or province of thought or reality that forms a closed system or self-inclusive and independent organization

3: POPULATION sense 4

4: a set that contains all elements relevant to a particular discussion or problem

5: a great number or quantity

In general Universe, capital “U” is the entire Universe in existence, both the observable AND unobservable. And universe, lowercase “u”, means only the observable universe created by the Big Bang. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

In general Universe, capital “U” is the entire Universe in existence, both the observable AND unobservable. And universe, lowercase “u”, means only the observable universe created by the Big Bang. 

cormac

Dear Cormac, that is very good, your definition of universe and Universe.

Universe = both the observable AND unobservable everything existing

universe = only the observable universe created by the Big Bang

I notice that you attribute to the Big Bang the creation of the observable universe.

And pray, may I ask you, who or what created the Big Bang?

9 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear Cormac, that is very good, your definition of universe and Universe.

Universe = both the observable AND unobservable everything existing

universe = only the observable universe created by the Big Bang

I notice that you attribute to the Big Bang the creation of the observable universe.

And pray, may I ask you, who or what created the Big Bang?

Vacuum fluctuations at the quantum level existing in an eternal space that was WITHOUT time. These fluctuations would have been at the planck-scale and the Big Bang occurred in 360 degrees which is why there is no “center” of the universe. NONE of the above is evidence of a God.

cormac

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

the Big Bang occurred in 360 degrees 

That's interesting. Usually when something is focused around another thing in 360 degrees then everything occupying the space in that 360 degrees is centered on that focus point.

Thanks for providing evidence that they're truly is a center of the universe. The focal point of time and space. :tsu:

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's interesting. Usually when something is focused around another thing in 360 degrees then everything occupying the space in that 360 degrees is centered on that focus point.

Thanks for providing evidence that they're truly is a center of the universe. The focal point of time and space. :tsu:

You really aren’t capable of keeping up. EVERYTHING in the universe up to the Big Bang existed at the planck-scale. At the Big Bang EVERYTHING at that scale “exploded” in 360 degrees which makes THE ENTIRE universe the center. :rolleyes:

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

You really aren’t capable of keeping up. EVERYTHING in the universe up to the Big Bang existed at the planck-scale. At the Big Bang EVERYTHING at that scale “exploded” in 360 degrees which makes THE ENTIRE universe the center. :rolleyes:

cormac

Planck-scale. Is that what happens to your arteries when you drink too much Kool-Aid? :w00t:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Planck-scale. Is that what happens to your arteries when you drink too much Kool-Aid? :w00t:

Assuming this isn’t all an act on your part I truly feel sorry for you Will, I really do. 

cormac

• Haha 1