Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe

Guyver

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Ignore the laughs (yes, you XenoFish lol).

Be crazy cookie eccentric, try these things out, you dont get to see what works and what is BS until you give it a go.

Scott Adams offered pretty much the same instruction revolving around micro goals. If you want to workout without the motivation put on your running shoes. Make it a habit. It acts as a trigger till eventually you start running.

The Neville Goddard stuff is generic new thought stuff. 

No magick, just psychology. Even the Goddard stuff is basically just shaping one's reality tunnel.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I would like to offer up an insight about how this stuff works. It will sound ridiculous, but it always works when tried.

Lets pretend you have gone to the super market and have a full trolley. When you push it then its hard to get moving as you need to build up its energy. Then when you let go it continues on for a bit until its energy has dissipated. So we are basically discussing how momentum works with the trolley.

There is a type of momentum at work in the universe centred around patterns. Patterns of thinking, feeling, perceiving, acting, and behaving. You start by setting a pattern, engaging in it constantly to give it momentum, and then when you stop the universe wants to keep it going until its momentum has dissipated.

So, whenever we want to influence what we get we have to be clever. We have to pick the right patterns and establish them over a couple of weeks to build up their momentum. Then stop. And the universe will send experiences our way to keep them going until the energy has dissipated. I can give a personal example.

Cookies crazy guide for unemployed people to get a job from several years ago:

Pattern 1: Get up at 7am each day and go to bed at 10pm, to mirror workday sleeping patterns.

Pattern 2: Put your work clothes on just before 9am and take them off just after 5pm.

Pattern 3: After 5pm each workday spend an hour reviewing holiday destinations on the internet. The aim is not `I wish to go there` or `I need a job first then I can go there` but instead imagine yourself enjoying the holiday. Alternatively spend the hour looking at things you want to buy then use your imagination to play out scenarios using them.

Pattern 4: On your pretend lunch break 1pm to 2pm (or whatever you choose) spend the hour obsessing about work related problems. Invent them if you have too, but play them out in your mind as if they were real.

Do all the above four patterns for two weeks, keep it going until you get a job interview, do the interview, then stop the patterns. You`ll get the job.

You really dont want to know what I have managed to pull off so far doing all this. One tip, stop seeing the rest of reality as made out of separate objects and separate people. See everything outside yourself as one thing. That one thing will try to keep the patterns going via whatever means it chooses.

Other tips are to avoid negative thought patterns, as the universe will keep sending experiences which trap you in them. Avoid doing anything you dont like which doesnt bring you pleasure. That one is very important. You only want the universe to send you things you like.

And finally I refer you to the stories about Moses in Sufism. Sometimes the universe requires a chain of events two or three long to move you to the point it can keep the patterns going. Dont give up if the result isn`t immediate, give it a few days to see what happens. It will deliver.

That is a lengthy read for me at the moment I’m on extended Happy Hour right now.  But, I would like to say that I have money and lack for nothing except for what’s missing within myself. Anyway, thank you for what you said and I will contemplate it when I’m sober.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Scott Adams offered pretty much the same instruction revolving around micro goals. If you want to workout without the motivation put on your running shoes. Make it a habit. It acts as a trigger till eventually you start running.

The Neville Goddard stuff is generic new thought stuff. 

No magick, just psychology. Even the Goddard stuff is basically just shaping one's reality tunnel.

It is indeed magical, fractal magic.

A fractal shows that a pattern which has emerged in one place has emerged across the whole that is being examined. 

fractal.jpg.011cb69e52741de05f0edbecde329383.jpg

I would recommend a read up on Chaos Theory, and then the stories and adventures of the Greek Gods of Chaos and disorder. They aren`t stories of actual adventures, there are instead implicit explanations of how chaos and disorder works. Everything in Chaos Theory is in there, and more, like they were a bit ahead in their understanding of where physics is up too.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to provide an update to this thread.  I have not been talking to the universe.  I have not been worshipping the universe.  I have just been living my life and surviving.  But, I did notice something weird.  As I was playing golf with my buddies two times in a row, I mentioned that I haven’t chipped in for so many years.  And just joking about it, you know.  But today, I did began to talk about it again as we were playing and I said I would really like to chip in and it’s been years since I have chipped in and I can’t even remember the last time I ever even chipped in, and damn if I didn’t chip in on the backside tonight?!  I mean, come on.  That seems so much more than just coincidental…but….IDK, what to make of this, but I did talk about it, say or ask what I wanted and it did happen.

I’m sure people could counter this by saying that they tried it and it didn’t work.  Wait.  That’s an assumption.  I can’t say that for a fact,  So, I’ll just say maybe someone would say, I have prayed or asked and I didn’t get what I wanted. Well, I get that too.  But it is very strange to me that after so many years of playing golf fairly regularly and sometimes training, I finally chip in on the same day I said I would really like that to happen. IT could be the power of the mind, or luck.

Edited by Guyver

Let us, if we may, put this in mathematical terms.  I play golf at least two times a week for all the 52 weeks of the year, plus I practice at least three times a month, but let’s not even count that.  Let’s just take the times I play golf in a year as a basis.  I play golf 2X52 or 104 times per year.  So, in three years that’s 312 chances.  I have received zero chip ins in the most conservative estimate after 312 times, and then on the one day I ask for it to happen and it does, even after I flubbed several shots?  It seems like remote odds of pure luck for that to happen.  

13 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Let us, if we may, put this in mathematical terms.  I play golf at least two times a week for all the 52 weeks of the year, plus I practice at least three times a month, but let’s not even count that.  Let’s just take the times I play golf in a year as a basis.  I play golf 2X52 or 104 times per year.  So, in three years that’s 312 chances.  I have received zero chip ins in the most conservative estimate after 312 times, and then on the one day I ask for it to happen and it does, even after I flubbed several shots?  It seems like remote odds of pure luck for that to happen.  

Hi Gyver

Sometimes it's just the state of being relaxed, I have played mini golf once in my life although I did bike, canoe/kayak, and some other unstated activities of skill so do know what you mean. Sometimes it's just the mojo.:tu:

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gyver

Sometimes it's just the state of being relaxed, I have played mini golf once in my life although I did bike, canoe/kayak, and some other unstated activities of skill so do know what you mean. Sometimes it's just the mojo.:tu:

All I can say is this.  From now on, every time I play golf I am going to say out loud, I would really like to make a birdie today and I would also like to chip in.  Plus, I would like to drive well.  And that will be all.  I’m just going to say it every time and believe it can happen.

Edited by Guyver
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Guyver said:

All I can say is this.  From now on, every time I play golf I am going to say out loud, I would really like to make a birdie today and I would also like to chip in.  Plus, I would like to dive well.  And that will be all.  I’m just going to say it every time and believe it can happen.

Hi Guyver

I never try to tell myself that I will be lucky or admit when I feel that way as it seems to ruin the moment. I used to play a lot of pool and at times was godlike in some of the shots I made and felt the homage that losers gave.:lol: I play to take my mind from the things I do and it is not about winning(I play rotation by myself) it is about relaxing enough to beat my ego.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just wanted to say that just because i played well in golf doesn’t mean my day was great. I think I had a kinda ****ty day actually.  I tried to do a job I should not have done, I should have been patient, and hired it out, but I believed I could do it myself, but I totally failed, busted my knuckles, bled and cussed like an insane man.  Then, I mixed myself a toddie, made a PB&J, headed for the course.  Unfortunately my problems remain. I now have a totally effed up sink, it’s FUBAR, plus it’s Fourth of July weekend, I’m screwed.  I now have to share a bathroom with my wife for like four days.  Sigh.  Life is so hard sometimes.

Edited by Guyver
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I just wanted to say that just because i played well in golf doesn’t mean my day was great. I think I had a kinda ****ty day actually.  I tried to do a job I should not have done, I should have been patient, and hired it out, but I believed I could do it myself, but I totally failed, busted my knuckles, bled and cussed like an insane man.  Then, I mixed myself a toddie, made a PB&J, headed for the course.  Unfortunately my problems remain. I now have a totally effed up sink, it’s FUBAR, plus it’s Fourth of July weekend, I’m screwed.  I now have to share a bathroom with my wife for like four days.  Sigh.  Life is so hard sometimes.

Hi Guyver

It's Canada Day and it just so happened to fall on a rum Friday so between lighting up non-explosive fireworks(a fatty) and drinking rum. may not be coherent much longer today.:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

Not exactly laughing at you or your day. Let me just say it wasn't that much of a fail. I'm building a cabin. The amount of missteps and screw ups (with more to come) I've made are insane. So don't worry about it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I was kindof a fool to even think I could understand the Universe, or God in the first place, but it was an experiment of sorts for me.  I don’t really believe in the Universe as a knowing entity, I was copying some stuff I got from a friend of mine who is Baha’i.  Anyway, I haven’t been practicing formal meditation or seeking whoo, instead, I’ve just been observing things happen and enjoying life while living like an educated pagan, without actually practicing paganism, I’ve just been doing whatever the eff I please.  

My current observations lead me to believe in two principles denoted by famous musicians.  The Rolling Stones said that you can’t always get what you want, but if you try you find that you get what you need.  I believe it.  Led Zeppelin  wrote a song called “Good Times Bad Times” and I believe that as well.  

I see life as good times bad times, but could expand on that…but won’t.  In any event.  I also believe in biorhythms, maybe karma, but mostly belief in self, determination, focus, and effort.  I had such a great day today because I had to suffer through hardship in order to win.  That made me feel like a real winner.  That was my point so, you don’t have to read any more of this post, unless you want to.  

I did some physical labor, and kinda tweaked my back out - pulled muscles.  Anyway, went to golf practice twice and found that my driver and woods were out.  I didn’t know it then, but it was prolly because of my sore back, but I could hit irons.  So, I decided to play with only irons tonight, and I ended up winning!  But, I flubbed my 2 iron off the first tee right in front of the Clubhouse, God, and about a hundred people.  It was embarrassing to say the least. I was struggling and not playing very well, or extremely poorly.  By the fourth hole I literally wanted to quit.  Just for a moment there the thought entered my mind, “You have no chance of winning now, you may as well quit.”  Then, I shook that right off and said no way.  I am not going to quit.  Im going to compete one shot at a time and I’m going play to win.  And damn if I didn’t win golf group tonight with nothing but irons.  I shot 71 through 15 holes and made 5 pars in a row on the back.  That’s the kind of stuff that makes me feel alive and winning.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

Anyway, I haven’t been practicing formal meditation ...

... Just for a moment there the thought entered my mind, “You have no chance of winning now, you may as well quit.”  Then, I shook that right off and said no way.  I am not going to quit.  Im going to compete one shot at a time and I’m going play to win.  And damn if I didn’t win golf group tonight with nothing but irons.

You seem to have stumbled upon mindfulness without the distraction of being mindful of it being mindfulness.

Well done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Been a long time since I posted in this thread.  I spoke of a man named Eric D. I asked the universe if I could see him again since it had been so long since I’ve seen him.  Well, I finally saw him again.  I haven’t seen him for many, many years, but the last time I saw him, he was the greatest musician I had ever seen.  I saw him at the liquor store in my home town a few weeks ago.  Time has not been good to him.  He has really bad teeth now and is overweight.  We live in a burning hell and we don’t even know it.  See you in the flames.

I would literally almost give anything to be as good as this guy, and he just let himself waste away to a shadow of his former self.  Sigh.

• Confused 1

We don't live in a burning hell save for that which war, misfortune or disease inflicted on us. The hell most people live in is of their own device, whose walls they built, brick by brick. If they choose to make the effort, considerable effort, they may shake off the chains and the rotting albatross of their past and unfettered, knock those walls down. No one can do it for them. They have to find the will and resurgent strength within themselves to do it. Most important of all, they have to want to. Strange but true, some people find themselves quite comfortable in their indolence and the hell they've so exquisitely crafted.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

So you asked the universe to give you something, then you say that it didn't, since you still have to add two guitar effects. So you weren't given anything, you are doing it yourself. 

It's like when athletes thank God for their win but it was actually themselves who worked hard to get into a position that enables themselves to win.

Why are you leaving it up to the universe giving you something when it facts it's you yourself who have worked in order to accomplish that tone? Take the credit for yourself instead and don't chalk it up to something spiritual. 

• Like 1