Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I asked the Universe


Guyver
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The idea of God is no more real than the idea of The Pink Panther being real. 
 

cormac

 

Wouldn't it be something if this idea that you have is the very idea that keeps you thinking which ultimately will lead you more and more towards God. You never know.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

How is in not a fact?  In what understandable way can God be interacted with?  

 

Possibly, just thinking that there isn't an understandable way that God can be interacted with may be the very thing that leads you Godward

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Wouldn't it be something if this idea that you have is the very idea that keeps you thinking which ultimately will lead you more and more towards God. You never know.

Thinking about God doesn't provide any meaningful information, as I said.  Perhaps you're familiar with the communication process?

image.png.b7ca77fd9e388fa59e729e4073b54b0c.png

When a person sends a message, a communication if you will, it has no meaning to anyone (sender excluded) unless it can be shown to be received, and understood.  The receiving and understanding of a message is confirmed through feedback.  The receiver, indicates that the message has been received and understood.  You can send God messages all day long through thoughts or prayers, but you will not receive feedback that the message has been received or understood.  I believe this is why skeptics assert that faith in God is the same thing as having an imaginary friend.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Possibly, just thinking that there isn't an understandable way that God can be interacted with may be the very thing that leads you Godward

Sorry, that makes no sense to me.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Thinking about God doesn't provide any meaningful information, as I said.  Perhaps you're familiar with the communication process?

image.png.b7ca77fd9e388fa59e729e4073b54b0c.png

When a person sends a message, a communication if you will, it has no meaning to anyone (sender excluded) unless it can be shown to be received, and understood.  The receiving and understanding of a message is confirmed through feedback.  The receiver, indicates that the message has been received and understood.  You can send God messages all day long through thoughts or prayers, but you will not receive feedback that the message has been received or understood.  I believe this is why skeptics assert that faith in God is the same thing as having an imaginary friend.  

 

Communications coming to a person from God is like any other form of communication. It has to be learned. But think about it, isn't this what's behind most of the problems between people in the world these days. Everybody's talking to others instead of listening to what they have to say.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Wouldn't it be something if this idea that you have is the very idea that keeps you thinking which ultimately will lead you more and more towards God. You never know.

More psycho-babble. Are you adding to your repertoire of useless sayings again? 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Sorry, that makes no sense to me.  

 

It might cause you to end up trusting your own thinking more than the thoughts and ideas of others. Thoughts that are written in a book or thoughts of others who express them to you directly.

 

 

Edited by Will Due
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

More psycho-babble. Are you adding to your repertoire of useless sayings again? 
 

cormac

 

If God interacts with you in any way and anywhere, it would be within your thinking. Wouldn't it? Not recognizing that he's involved in the thought process does not mean nor does it prove that it isn't happening. Haven't you had the experience of thinking for years about something in a certain way as being true and then one day you realize you had it all wrong. To me, the fact that this is a common experience shows how the realm of where thought occurs is a place that is in constant flux. Hopefully growing and becoming more healthy.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

If God interacts with you in any way and anywhere, it would be within your thinking. Wouldn't it? Not recognizing that he's involved in the thought process does not mean nor does it prove that it isn't happening. Haven't you had the experience of thinking for years about something in a certain way as being true and then one day you realize you had it all wrong. To me, the fact that this is a common experience shows how the realm of where thought occurs is a place that is in constant flux. Hopefully growing and becoming more healthy.

The key word is “ If”. That presumes quite a lot that isn’t in evidence. 
 

To me that just shows how fallible the human mind is, not that it’s evidence of God. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

not that it’s evidence of God. 

 

Without faith, no, it's not evidence. But with faith, it can be.

Maybe that's why it was said by somebody probably many years ago for the first time that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Without faith, no, it's not evidence. But with faith, it can be.

Maybe that's why it was said by somebody probably many years ago for the first time that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.

Evidence of what one wants to be true is NOT evidence of it’s existence. There’s no more evidence for God than there is for Zeus or Odin being real. 
 

cormac

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Hello Coil,

Who gets to decide if the bible is being understood correctly?  That's the problem that I have with this point.  You say the bible can be misunderstood by logic and that comments on the Bible are needed.  Who's comments?  A pastor?  A priest?  A bishop?  A bible scholar?  As far as God being perfect....that could be true.  But, there are certainly unfavorable circumstances on Earth on a really high level, so that plus the  fact that God can't be interacted with in any understandable ways makes it even more difficult. 

The Bible is a symbolic book, so there is a lot hidden that people were created by many gods and not one God-Absolute, that under the god of the Old Testament the furious Titan disguised himself, for seven days of creation, this is billions of years of evolution, etc.

It is desirable to read books by clairvoyants about Christ and evolution and not by proto-priests who interpret the Bible in their own way. And when you have a lot of different knowledge from different teachings of religions, a more complete picture of God will be built and the Bible will also be understood better.

I read Rudolf Steiner's books about Christ, the past evolution of man on the Sun and the Moon, in other races on earth, forces hostile to Christ and humanity.

Read books Sri Aurobindo about God, the creation of the universe, the future of man, the levels of intelligence that will be revealed to mankind in the future.

36 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Yet, all the people that soldier saved in that act of dying to save others, will eventually die themselves, as will all living things - since that is the way of all things on this planet.  They die.  To equate God's sacrifice of Jesus to save humanity to a soldier dying for his friends is lacking a bit, I believe. 

 


People die, but inside they are eternal, so the sacrifices are not in vain, and Christ by the resurrection showed that great souls go to heaven in the body, while we are leaving outside the body.

So death does not frighten the brave, but on the contrary, by sacrificing a person overcomes the fear of death and gives life to others. Ahriman gave man reason, but he also brought death to man, therefore a person should not be on the occasion of reason, but overcome it with knowledge of an immortal soul and is not afraid of death and mortal reason. So a person, overcoming death and fear of reason, strengthens his spirit, since a person does not bake about his body, mind and personality (this trinity makes up the ego of a person), he is already guided by the immortal spirit in himself and the truth of the victim.

 

Quote

Jesus is said to have died for the sins of the world so that all could be saved.  Yet, in the new Testament book of 1 Corinthians 13 (the love chapter) it says love keeps no record of a wrong done.  So, if God is love and love keeps no record of a wrong done, Christs sacrifice would be unnecessary. 

It means that love does not hold evil within itself, because there cannot be evil in love, otherwise it is not true love(It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking).
 

Quote


God could have simply forgiven all sins because he wished to.  

 

Christ had to incarnate in a body in order to make such changes in the human subtle body and race so that a person would not be torn off by hostile forces.
 

People need to be shown the way to God and not just forgive them, otherwise they will quickly accumulate sins again and will not understand the value of the sacrifice for them.

There is one more moment at that time, this is the time of hiding subtle vision in people and the decline of faith in natural spirits, and Christ gave people faith in the One invisible God that they must find and feel in themselves and not just see natural spirits in nature as it was in paganism, therefore, Christ performed several important missions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Without faith, no, it's not evidence. But with faith, it can be.

Maybe that's why it was said by somebody probably many years ago for the first time that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.

 

 

Faith is belief without proof.   So using that word, claiming it means that you have proof of something is silly.   Faith has no substance, it is mental, not physical, which is what substance means.   Do you have a dictionary, maybe you need to use it.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Evidence of what one wants to be true is NOT evidence of it’s existence. 

 

I agree. Evidence of what one wants to be true isn't evidence of its existence. But what it is evidence of is faith itself. That faith is something of substance. And that it has value. That it's worthwhile to be engaged in. 

 

Edited by Will Due
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you have a dictionary, maybe you need to use it.

 

:P

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Will Due said:

 

I agree. Evidence of what one wants to be true isn't evidence of its existence. But what it is evidence of is faith itself. That faith is something of substance. And that it has value. That it's worthwhile to be engaged in. 

 

To the believer and no one else. 
 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
Clarity
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

To the believer and one else. 
 

cormac

 

Yes sir. No one else. Although there are exceptions. 

Like when a friend or relative is affected by what they see in another's faith. Sometimes it causes things to change in them. Just by observing it in someone else.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Yes sir. No one else. Although there are exceptions. 

Like when a friend or relative is affected by what they see in another's faith. Sometimes it causes things to change in them. Just by observing it in someone else.

 

 

That’s “follow the herd” mentality which is just as often useless as useful. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

That’s “follow the herd” mentality which is just as often useless as useful. 
 

cormac

 

Yeah, I guess. That kind of thing happens too. Often in the wrong direction. But that's why I keep saying, you got to think for yourself. And think clearly. Think, and allow yourself to think things you've never thought before. At least every now and then.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Yes sir. No one else. Although there are exceptions. 

Like when a friend or relative is affected by what they see in another's faith. Sometimes it causes things to change in them. Just by observing it in someone else.

 

 

I have a different take on this comment than @cormac mac airt.   I have been affected strongly, aversely by a relative's "faith", belief in cherry picked phrases from his "holy book".   It does cause things to change, it has caused me to avoid that relative, observing his "faith" is a detriment towards his recruiting me or any thinking person who has read his "holy" book.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Will Due said:

 

Yeah, I guess. That kind of thing happens too. Often in the wrong direction. But that's why I keep saying, you got to think for yourself. And think clearly. Think, and allow yourself to think things you've never thought before. At least every now and then.

 

 

And I do quite often and yet, much like science, I realize that God IS NOT REQUIRED to explain existence. 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have a different take on this comment than @cormac mac airt.   I have been affected strongly, aversely by a relative's "faith", belief in cherry picked phrases from his "holy book".   It does cause things to change, it has caused me to avoid that relative, observing his "faith" is a detriment towards his recruiting me or any thinking person who has read his "holy" book.

 

Perfect. To me that shows how faith really works. How powerful it is. I look at it this way. You observed your relative and made a decision about it. Which in my estimation ended up bolstering your faith, as a person who is more determined than ever to think for themselves. Think for yourself in a realm or domain where it might be the only place that God can actually interact with you. Even though the interaction may not be recognized as such.

 

 

 

Edited by Will Due
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And I do quite often and yet, much like science, I realize that God IS NOT REQUIRED to explain existence. 
 

cormac

 

I like science too. In fact, I thank God for it. :w00t:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

 

Perfect. To me that shows how faith really works. How powerful it is. I look at it this way. You observed your relative and made a decision about it. Which in my estimation ended up bolstering your faith, as a person who is more determined than ever to think for yourself. Think for yourself in a realm or domain where it might be the only place that God can actually interact with you.

 

 

 

Thinking is not predicated on the existence of God. 
 

cormac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

I like science too. In fact, I thank God for it. :w00t:

 

 

Of course you do because your belief gives your life meaning. Without your belief you would be nothing. 
 

My existence and what I do with it gives my life meaning. I don’t require an invisible sky-daddy to do that for me. 
 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.