Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Mexico’s femicide exposes its corruption


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

Femicide is broadly defined by the World Health Organization as the intentional killing of women because they are women.

Mexico has been facing a femicide crisis since at least 1993.

Since the crisis first gained international attention three decades ago, the rate of femicide has only worsened—increasing by 145% since 2015.

Today, it is believed that up to 10 women are murdered daily in Mexico.

This humanitarian crisis has captured the attention of the international community, with entities like the United Nations and Amnesty International paying close attention to the issue.

This increased international attention on Mexico has also led to more scrutiny of Mexico’s status as a democratic state.

https://www.democratic-erosion.com/2022/06/05/how-mexicos-femicide-exposes-its-corruption/

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Lots of nasty stuff going on in Mexico.   It is disappointing that the USA mostly ignores it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Myles said:

Lots of nasty stuff going on in Mexico.   It is disappointing that the USA mostly ignores it.

Yeah, it is pretty bad.  We only murder 6 per day.  Maybe we were distracted, maybe we recognize it as the price of freedom, and maybe we know when to keep our mouths shut and ignore their problems the way we do our own.  Top 10 states for murder of women in the US are law and order red states.

Nearly 2,000 Women Murdered by Men in One Year, New Violence Policy Center Study Finds

For Release: Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Annual study ranks the states by the rate of females killed by males in advance of Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October

Washington, DC — Nearly 2,000 women were murdered by men in 2018 and the most common weapon used was a gun, according to the most recent edition of the annual Violence Policy Center (VPC) study When Men Murder Women: An Analysis of 2018 Homicide Data.

wmmwtab.jpg

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah, it is pretty bad.  We only murder 6 per day.  Maybe we were distracted, maybe we recognize it as the price of freedom, and maybe we know when to keep our mouths shut and ignore their problems the way we do our own.  Top 10 states for murder of women in the US are law and order red states.

Nearly 2,000 Women Murdered by Men in One Year, New Violence Policy Center Study Finds

For Release: Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Annual study ranks the states by the rate of females killed by males in advance of Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October

Washington, DC — Nearly 2,000 women were murdered by men in 2018 and the most common weapon used was a gun, according to the most recent edition of the annual Violence Policy Center (VPC) study When Men Murder Women: An Analysis of 2018 Homicide Data.

wmmwtab.jpg

 

It would improve the stats to also see how many of these murders happened in Democrat run cities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

It would improve the stats to also see how many of these murders happened in Democrat run cities.

I don't think there are many Democrat run cities in those top 10 states, but your point is a good one.  Rates in cities versus rural rates would be interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, shouldn't Tennessee rank number one  in states, since they had 70 murders, versus 12 for Alaska????

Also in Mexico, there is the whole machismo thing where the man rules the roost, and women do everything wrong.   It's the culture. And look at India with it's gang rapes, it's all over, though here in the US and in Europe, there are women who are just as deadly to their male partners and husbands, though you don't hear about that much.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't think there are many Democrat run cities in those top 10 states, but your point is a good one.  Rates in cities versus rural rates would be interesting.

Both KC and ST. Louis MO have democratic mayors and have been bogged down in the lather, rinse, repeat cycles of the democratic party for many years.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

...We only murder 6 per day...

How many persons go missing daily? Especially, children?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Autistocrates said:

How many persons go missing daily? Especially, children?

Don't know, maybe you could shed some light on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, Tatetopa said:

I don't think there are many Democrat run cities in those top 10 states, but your point is a good one.  Rates in cities versus rural rates would be interesting.

Actually most of the big cities in those states have a Democrat Mayor.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.