Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK troops must prepare ‘to fight in Europe again,’ says army chief

Silver

British troops must be prepared to “fight in Europe once again” to help Ukraine defend itself against Russia, the new army chief said.

General Sir Patrick Sanders wrote to soldiers about what the future holds after he took over from General Sir Mark Carleton Smith on Monday.

He said: “There is now a burning imperative to forge an Army capable of fighting alongside our allies and defeating Russia in battle.

“We are the generation that must prepare the Army to fight in Europe once again.”

It comes after PM Boris Johnson returned from a visit to Ukraine with a warning that “we need to steel ourselves for a long war”.

Russia Ukraine was latest: UK troops must prepare ‘to fight in Europe again,’ says army chief | The Independent

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Whilst I agree with him I thought every generation had to prepare for conflict anywhere in the world? Specially Europe during the cold War.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Reports of very low morale in Russian ranks and armed standoff between officers and men:

How on Earth have the "2nd most powerful military in the world" still not taken that city? They've pummelled it. Scorch Earth tactics aren't working. The Orcs are wasting resources may aswell just pull out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Whilst I agree with him I thought every generation had to prepare for conflict anywhere in the world? Specially Europe during the cold War.

This will be the first time there will be direct military conflict  between nations with nulear weapons.

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

This will be the first time there will be direct military conflict between between nations with nulear weapons.

India and Pakistan or did they get their nukes after the conflicts? I'm certain they had 3 wars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

How on Earth have the "2nd most powerful military in the world" still not taken that city? They've pummelled it. Scorch Earth tactics aren't working. The Orcs are wasting resources may aswell just pull out.

I think that is the master plan, which they have already started on in Mariupol: make the cities largely uninhabitable, execute political leaders, agitators and "intellectuals", erect Russian road signs and issue Russian pasports and ID papers, ship the bulk of the population to re-education camps, bring in Russian citiizens and install a puppet government. Job done apart from tidying up.

25 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

British troops must be prepared to “fight in Europe once again” to help Ukraine defend itself against Russia, the new army chief said.

General Sir Patrick Sanders wrote to soldiers about what the future holds after he took over from General Sir Mark Carleton Smith on Monday.

He said: “There is now a burning imperative to forge an Army capable of fighting alongside our allies and defeating Russia in battle.

“We are the generation that must prepare the Army to fight in Europe once again.”

It comes after PM Boris Johnson returned from a visit to Ukraine with a warning that “we need to steel ourselves for a long war”.

Russia Ukraine was latest: UK troops must prepare ‘to fight in Europe again,’ says army chief | The Independent

I suspect you will not be alone, I can see NATO getting directly involved. The NATO Summit starts on the 27 and ends on the 30th of June. I suspect this topic will be discussed and decisions will be made, which means by the beginning of next month we will know for certain!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

That’s the unknown question of question of the   year isn’t it!:yes:

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suspect you will not be alone, I can see NATO getting directly involved. The NATO Summit starts on the 27 and ends on the 30th of June. I suspect this topic will be discussed and decisions will be made, which means by the beginning of next month we will know for certain!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. What I'm going to say is not going to be popular. But I honestly think WW3 is unavoidable at this point so I think NATO should make the first move. Yes nukes are the big elephant in the room but will either side use them?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

India and Pakistan or did they get their nukes after the conflicts? I'm certain they had 3 wars.

You are right, they have got nuclear weapons. I wonder why NATO and the US have been more worried aobut Russia? Perhaps India and Pakistan lack delivery methods (ICBMs)?