Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender swimmers banned from women's elite events

Silver

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

In fifty years you find one example of a trans athlete that won a race, but never set a record and didn't make the internationals squad.  You cherry pick results to support your bias and bigotry.

One in a row is meaningless.  The fact that NCAA altered their rules about allowed testosterone levels shows that correct usage of testosterone inhibitors works.

When testosterone is reduce to typical female levels physical strength is reduced.  And can reduce ratio of muscle to skeletal mass can actually be a disadvantage.  This is obvious.

You yourself declared you don't support the real goals of the administrators of womens sport and that is greater coverage, greater marketing opportunities leading to greater pay.  It is the market that is the greatest obstacle to women athletes chossing a sporting career.

You ignore the acheivements of female athletes from your own country.  The perfomance of Sydney McLaughlin over the last couple of seasons is incredible on a historical level.

You have demonstrated zero interest in female competition.  You just follow the media to rant like a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Its humourous that you have to resort to labels and actually try to mimic my language.  You've shown why you are a victim of confirmation bias. You don't possess an actual original thought.

You are just a bigoted leftist.   So be it.  

You do not support biological females having access to fair sports.   

I do not ignore anything.  

Yes, I do not follow many women's sports much.   That is irrelevant in this discussion and it is just your typical whataboutism.   I still support fair competition for women in sports.   You keep crying about how there has not been many trans to be in the biological woman's sports but that is also not relevant.  There will be more and more of them as the idiots on the left keep supporting an obvious cheating tactic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I follow Justpearlythings (Pearl) who had been competing in female sports for 15 years (she is 6 foot plus).

Here she is explaining how female sports are being ruined by males to some "allies".

Basically, her whole channel is just red pilling woke women and its gold.

But im sure some aussie men will come and tell me how this women's experiences are invalid and they don't deserve women's sport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

You are just a bigoted leftist.   So be it.  

You do not support biological females having access to fair sports.   

I do not ignore anything.  

Yes, I do not follow many women's sports much.   That is irrelevant in this discussion and it is just your typical whataboutism.   I still support fair competition for women in sports.   You keep crying about how there has not been many trans to be in the biological woman's sports but that is also not relevant.  There will be more and more of them as the idiots on the left keep supporting an obvious cheating tactic.  

You're just spitting out labels ignorantly now to try to hide how embarrased you are by your own ignorance.

Sport is not about fair competition.  That is why certain body shapes suit certain sports.

Sport is about meaningful competition.  That is why there are rules about prohibited methods.  There are rules about equalising testosterone. The NCAA altered these.  Despite the easing by rules we still didn't see a dominant performance.

Before you engaged me I said in 50 years of competion trans women have not dominated sport.  You chose tonrespond to me talking about your apparent special subject of Lia Thomas.  You've embarrassed yourself again you ignorance of both the usage and meaning of "whattaboutism".  You don't give anyone any reason to believe you offer anything more than mindless and unoriginal identity politics dogma.

You favourite subject didn't even make the USA squad.  Your prediction is not off to a good start nostradumbas.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I follow Justpearlythings (Pearl) who had been competing in female sports for 15 years (she is 6 foot plus).

Here she is explaining how female sports are being ruined by males to some "allies".

Basically, her whole channel is just red pilling woke women and its gold.

But im sure some aussie men will come and tell me how this women's experiences are invalid and they don't deserve women's sport.

Who has said womens experiences are invalid.  It sounds like you are imagining something happening in the future, just like the women in the video.

The host couldn't even name trans woman fighter.  When they weren't googling a name to be outraged by, the video mostly seemed to be what if this or what if that.

The change room thing has alraedy been solved by providing unisex places.  World athletics regulated Caster Semenya out of competion.  Swimming has regulated transwomen out of competition.  World Rugby has regulatrf trans women out of competition.  Womens AFL has effectively regulated size out of competition.

Why does the conversation continue?  It must be some other issue people have a grievance about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The change room thing has alraedy been solved by providing unisex places.  World athletics regulated Caster Semenya out of competion.  Swimming has regulated transwomen out of competition.  World Rugby has regulatrf trans women out of competition.  Womens AFL has effectively regulated size out of competition.

Firstly, Semenya is not trans.

Secondly, are you pro or anti trans women in women's sports?

Seems like you hold both opinions at the same time,  just as Orwell predicted

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You're just spitting out labels ignorantly now to try to hide how embarrased you are by your own ignorance.

Sport is not about fair competition.  That is why certain body shapes suit certain sports.

Sport is about meaningful competition.  That is why there are rules about prohibited methods.  There are rules about equalising testosterone. The NCAA altered these.  Despite the easing by rules we still didn't see a dominant performance.

Before you engaged me I said in 50 years of competion trans women have not dominated sport.  You chose tonrespond to me talking about your apparent special subject of Lia Thomas.  You've embarrassed yourself again you ignorance of both the usage and meaning of "whattaboutism".  You don't give anyone any reason to believe you offer anything more than mindless and unoriginal identity politics dogma.

You favourite subject didn't even make the USA squad.  Your prediction is not off to a good start nostradumbas.

I understand how ignorant and confused you are.  Are you a child?

Sports are about fair competition.   That is why there are male and females sports.   Is your ultimate solution to have only one sport?   Males and females compete together.  Females should just give up at that point.

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I understand how ignorant and confused you are.  Are you a child?

Sports are about fair competition.   That is why there are male and females sports.   Is your ultimate solution to have only one sport?   Males and females compete together.  Females should just give up at that point.

Ignorant and illiterate.

Answering your own question is not meaningful.  But, when do you ever post anything meaningful.

Now you are playing rubber/glue and then have the hide to ask if someone else is a child.  You have no shame.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Ignorant and illiterate.

Answering your own question is not meaningful.  But, when do you ever post anything meaningful.

Now you are playing rubber/glue and then have the hide to ask if someone else is a child.  You have no shame.

It is you failing to answer questions.   You are just not a smart person.   We should stop this.   Goodbye.

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

It is you failing to answer questions.   You are just not a smart person.   We should stop this.   Goodbye.

You asked and answered the question yourself.  Idiotic.

You gave you the science. You parroted emotional bigotry again.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

HS girls' volleyball player suffers severe head, neck injuries after trans opponent spikes her in the face with the ball

The girl is still said to be experiencing long-term concussion symptoms, such as vision problems, and has not been cleared to return to play either by a physician or a neurologist.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hs-girls-volleyball-player-suffers-severe-head-neck-injuries-after-trans-opponent-spikes-her-in-the-face-with-the-ball

Could've been placed in a different thread, I suppose.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Concussion is the second most common injury in volleyball. Ankle sprain is the most common. Regardless of who is playing. 

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Concussion is the second most common injury in volleyball. Ankle sprain is the most common. Regardless of who is playing. 

I'd rather be hit by a 50kg women than a 150kg bloke.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 9:34 PM, Myles said:

:tu:

I think they're just trying to eliminate females all together. Get 'em out of sports, hell, even fail to even be able to describe what they are at the highest levels of court.

On 6/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, Silver said:

I wonder if people would think differently if it was their own husband or son who was banned from competing in women's sports?

Only if their ability to be impartial was missing, TOTALLY.  Refusing to buy into and reward their delusions isn't the equivalent of "hate".

17 hours ago, openozy said:

I'd rather be hit by a 50kg women than a 150kg bloke.

I'd rather not have a head injury. 

Happens a lot. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2021/apr/30/damage-found-after-late-aflw-player-jacinda-barclay-donates-brain-for-concussion-research

Edited by psyche101

17 hours ago, openozy said:

:tu:

If it's not fair competition why do the majority of female athletes support transgender athletes?

Conservatives are making an uniformed call. Athletes actually compete. 

It's just as bigoted as the old idea that black people are genetically superior and should not be allowed to compete.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/02/athletes-racism-language-sports-cam-newton

Athletes should be consulted. Not ranting bigots who act first and think later, if they ever think at all. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If it's not fair competition why do the majority of female athletes support transgender athletes?

As said, their life wouldn't be worth living these days of social media if they didn't.

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's just as bigoted as the old idea that black people are genetically superior and should not be allowed to compete

They are genetically superior in that way, the black African people with white blood have hybrid vigor as well as being naturally athletically superior. They weren't mollycoddled like white races with only the toughest surviving to breed. I think they should compete as they do but they are hard to beat.

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'd rather not have a head injury. 

Happens a lot. 

Same here but a male born human is a lot stronger and capable of more damage than a female, physically anyway, lol.

18 minutes ago, openozy said:

As said, their life wouldn't be worth living these days of social media if they didn't.

I gave you a link to female athletes discussing the situation.

Did any of them say that? 

Or are you getting this from people who aren't actually professional athletes? 

One high school girl made a big deal out of losing a race to a transgender opponent. 

Nothing was said about her besting said opponent two weeks later.

18 minutes ago, openozy said:

They are genetically superior in that way, the black African people with white blood have hybrid vigor as well as being naturally athletically superior. They weren't mollycoddled like white races with only the toughest surviving to breed. I think they should compete as they do but they are hard to beat.

Hate to break this to you but melanin isn't performance enhancing. 

Edited by psyche101

13 minutes ago, openozy said:

Same here but a male born human is a lot stronger and capable of more damage than a female, physically anyway, lol.

The other poster insinuated it was an accident and reverse because the opposing players was trans. 

Is that what you're agreeing with?

59 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The other poster insinuated it was an accident and reverse because the opposing players was trans. 

Is that what you're agreeing with?

Trans people should have their own section if we want to be fair in sport.

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Hate to break this to you but melanin isn't performance enhancing.

No but breeding does whether we like it or not. 

20 minutes ago, openozy said:

Trans people should have their own section if we want to be fair in sport.

That's an outdated view not supported by current studies and attitudes amongst most female athletes. Non athletes are making all the noise. That's the real problem. A lot of people carrying on like pork chops don't even watch sport. 

When female athletes are protesting in numbers there will be something to listen to. Right now it's just a lot of nosey people with too much time on their hands. 

There no reason at all to consider social media shame if you read the link I posted. A couple of high schoolers with sour grapes is not a balanced argument from the sporting community. 

27 minutes ago, openozy said:

No but breeding does whether we like it or not. 

That's not specific to race either. We have the same DNA regardless of skin colour. 

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's not specific to race either. We have the same DNA regardless of skin colour.

So do different breeds of dogs but I wouldn't bet on a corgi against a whippet in a race.

• Confused 1