Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender swimmers banned from women's elite events

Silver

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

There no reason at all to consider social media shame if you read the link I posted. A couple of high schoolers with sour grapes is not a balanced argument from the sporting community. 

Yes there is, it's not all about sports people.

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

When female athletes are protesting in numbers there will be something to listen to

The public are the ones watching and they don't think it's fair. You really think it's sporting to put a 50kg girl against a 100kg trans women? it isn't.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:34 PM, openozy said:

So do different breeds of dogs but I wouldn't bet on a corgi against a whippet in a race.

How about a whippet with bully whippet syndrome? 

Dude, that's a terrible comeback. You've just well illustrated that you don't understand what the hell you're talking about.

With all due respect, if you don't understand a subject, one should not pretend to understand it. You're just repeating the bigots now and basing your outcome on an outdated opinion. Going back to poofter bashing mentality. 

I would say inbreeding to achieve a certain physical outcome might be frowned upon at the Olympics yeah? Do you have the slightest inkling as to the autosomal allele count is in either breed? How it got that way?

Training is the difference regarding people. You don't train in weightlifting to run a marathon either. 

Edited by psyche101

On 10/21/2022 at 10:35 PM, openozy said:

Yes there is, it's not all about sports people.

Who the heck do you think it's about?

Without sports people there's no sport! 

On 10/21/2022 at 10:42 PM, openozy said:

The public are the ones watching and they don't think it's fair. You really think it's sporting to put a 50kg girl against a 100kg trans women? it isn't.

The public aren't competing and let's be honest. They don't care, it's just another reason to put others down. More to do with Facebook than sports. I had you pegged higher than that. 

Show me an instance where a 50 kg women has competed against a 100 kg trans woman. Money where your mouth is please. 

Male sports don't do that either for your information. Never watched boxing? The Olympics? Do you know what categories are, or don't you watch sport enough to know either? 

Whilst the majority of females support it, non sports people are just being bigoted aholes. You wouldn't get a plumber to advise you on electrical work. Not sure why you think that level of disconnect would be fine with any other discipline.

39 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Training is the difference regarding people. You don't train in weightlifting to run a marathon either. 

The genetic difference only applies to elite sport.

The best sprinters tend to have West African heritage.  Although, actual sprinters West African are underrepresented in the list of sub-10 second times

East Africans tend to dominate the distance events, although the world outside of Africa is descended from East Africans.

White people tend to be more successful at swimming due to a low centre of gravity.  Michael Phelps is an extreme example of winning the genetic lottery for a swimmer.

Better breeding is a poor way of explaining.  As you said dogs and horses have effectively been genetically modified.  There's no intended practice like that with humans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I would say inbreeding to achieve a certain physical outcome might be frowned upon at the Olympics yeah?

But it was carried out with Afro Americans back in the slave days to produce extreme athletic fighting machines. That's why their descendants are great boxers and athletes today. Inbreeding cements traits.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Better breeding is a poor way of explaining.  As you said dogs and horses have effectively been genetically modified.  There's no intended practice like that with humans.

No it's the correct way of explaining.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

East Africans tend to dominate the distance events, although the world outside of Africa is descended from East Africans.

I wonder why? Mainly because they have had natural selection for survival.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

How about a whippet with bully whippet syndrome? 

I think you are talking double muscled whippets, bully whippets are bull terrier cross whippets they use on fox and pig or that's what dogmen call them.

Edited by openozy

15 minutes ago, openozy said:

But it was carried out with Afro Americans back in the slave days to produce extreme athletic fighting machines. That's why their descendants are great boxers and athletes today. Inbreeding cements traits.

It is the losers of a war that are sold into slavery.

After the international trade of slaves stopped, why would slave owners breed sprinters and fighters to work all day on a farm?

The guys making money off tourists in Jamaica generally were skinny and shorter than me.  Maybe all the big guys were entertaining the UK tourists.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, openozy said:

Who was inbred?

Essentially, US African Americans have up to 20% European DNA. Rape was mostly prevalent. 

It's not. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/psmag.com/.amp/news/how-slavery-changed-the-dna-of-african-americans

Because their lifestyle to s a training tool. Yet Christophe Lemaitre broke the ten second 100m record. Amazing what training can do.

37 minutes ago, openozy said:

I think you are talking double muscled whippets, bully whippets are bull terrier cross whippets they use on fox and pig or that's what dogmen call them.

No, it's Myostatin Deficiency. Look it up. 

31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yet Christophe Lemaitre broke the ten second 100m record. Amazing what training can do.

Back in post #30 of this thread...

On 10/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, Golden Duck said:

Off-topic.

Male NCAA athlete Matthew Boling, in his third NCAA season had achieved a feat only ever performed by Carl Lewis.  In the 2022 season Boling ran a sub-10s 100m, a sub-20s 200m and jump over 8m in the long jump.

Just because you are melanin deficient doesn't mean you can't win the genetic lottery.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

No, it's Myostatin Deficiency. Look it up. 

Same thing.

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Who was inbred?

The plantation owners in the Southern States inbred their slaves, brother to sister to get great fighters to use in matches. Horrific but true. It backfired on them.

Edited by openozy

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It is the losers of a war that are sold into slavery.

After the international trade of slaves stopped, why would slave owners breed sprinters and fighters to work all day on a farm?

The guys making money off tourists in Jamaica generally were skinny and shorter than me.  Maybe all the big guys were entertaining the UK tourists.

Some of my ancestors were slaves brought from Jamaica. They weren't small people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Some of my ancestors were slaves brought from Jamaica. They weren't small people.

How would you know?

Anyway, I'm speaking from personal experience visiting there.

The average height of a Jamaican male is shorter than the height of an Australian male.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/average-height-by-country

https://www.healthline.com/health/average-height-for-men#international-heights

Edited by Golden Duck

Related news item....

Women’s sport “no longer exists” in the UK and a “generation” of girls could miss out on medals thanks to “ludicrous” transgender policies, Olympians have warned.

Sharron Davies, who took silver for Britain in the 1980 Olympics, joined forces with Mara Yamauchi, the UK’s third fastest ever female marathoner, to demand urgent change.

Sport chiefs have been grappling with how to include male-born trans women who wish to play in female categories.

But the sports stars said current debates on the issue are flawed, as the focus on winning neglects women who will be “cheated” merely out of qualification places by rivals who have undergone male puberty.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/olympics/whole-generation-of-girls-to-lose-out-on-medals-due-to-ludicrous-trans-sport-policies-olympians-warn/ar-AA13knW2?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, openozy said:

Same thing.

It's not a breeding goal, it's a condition.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, openozy said:

The plantation owners in the Southern States inbred their slaves, brother to sister to get great fighters to use in matches. Horrific but true. It backfired on them.

That makes zero sense though.

Inbreeding humans results in huge deficiencies. It's not an advantage to inbreed. It was popular throughout history to maintain family wealth and resulted in sickly and short lived individuals. 

Humans rely on diversification of DNA. 

https://www.bbcearth.com/news/what-are-the-effects-of-inbreeding

12 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

How would you know?

Anyway, I'm speaking from personal experience visiting there.

The average height of a Jamaican male is shorter than the height of an Australian male.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/average-height-by-country

https://www.healthline.com/health/average-height-for-men#international-heights

Because my great great grandad was 6'6".

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

Because my great great grandad was 6'6".

My apologies i guess all Jamaicans are 6'6" and everyone on The Hip Strip on Mobay can be disregarded.

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That makes zero sense though.

Inbreeding humans results in huge deficiencies. It's not an advantage to inbreed. It was popular throughout history to maintain family wealth and resulted in sickly and short lived individuals. 

Humans rely on diversification of DNA. 

https://www.bbcearth.com/news/what-are-the-effects-of-inbreeding

But if you have a great male athlete and put him back to his daughter the attributes will double up and cement in future breeding. Fighting line pitbulls are often bred like this, known as double bred. As you probably know it can cause shortened lifespan but lifespan wasn't the aim when they bred the dogs and slaves. I think this breeding for fighting is still seen in a lot of human boxers today. Not all inbred creatures are sickly, some are super specimens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

My apologies i guess all Jamaicans are 6'6" and everyone on The Hip Strip on Mobay can be disregarded.

Well he didn't come from 4ft parents. Anyway I didn't say all slaves were inbred just the ones used in fights.

Edited by openozy

38 minutes ago, openozy said:

But if you have a great male athlete and put him back to his daughter the attributes will double up and cement in future breeding. Fighting line pitbulls are often bred like this, known as double bred. As you probably know it can cause shortened lifespan but lifespan wasn't the aim when they bred the dogs and slaves. I think this breeding for fighting is still seen in a lot of human boxers today. Not all inbred creatures are sickly, some are super specimens.

It not only shortens lifespan, it shortens lineage. One of the known problems is decreased fertility in offspring.

I'd say you haven't heard, but some groups have started banning father daughter dog breeding. The ethical risks and consequences are in question. Desirable traits are achieved at great cost. 

https://petkeen.com/breeding-father-to-daughter-dogs/

https://breedingbusiness.com/breeding-father-to-daughter-dogs/

How it works is your parents give you two gene's. For an example, one parent might be particularly susceptible to respiratory diseases and the other not. You get one of each and the "cure" becomes dominant. That genetic diversity provides a better individual for survival. If parents are related, you are more likely to get two gene's that are both susceptible to respiratory diseases. 

Here's an interesting link on cheetahs. They suffered a bottleneck about 12000 years ago and inbred. Now they are plagued with physical problems and face extinction as a result. It hasn't strengthened the species, it's ravaged it.

https://insider.si.edu/2016/06/smithsonian-study-reveals-precipitous-decline-genetic-diversity-wild-cheetahs/

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

Well he didn't come from 4ft parents. Anyway I didn't say all slaves were inbred just the ones used in fights.

And, I didn't say every Jamaican is shorter than me.

• Haha 1