Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender swimmers banned from women's elite events

Silver

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'd say you haven't heard, but some groups have started banning father daughter dog breeding. The ethical risks and consequences are in question. Desirable traits are achieved at great cost

I have heard, I've been breeding animals, dogs, chickens for nearly 50 years. What I understand is the more complex the animal the greater the dangers. I talk to a lot of hunters with dogs and they produce outstanding animals from close breeding, but they cull hard. I haven't the stomach for culling pups as my dogs are like family to me. Most if not all pure bred dogs were inbred to begin with though. With chickens it's common practice to put father over daughter to get your own line and the culls go to the pot, lol. I then outcross the offspring. What about animals like the naked molerat, they are constantly inbreeding and it works for them but they look like some folks in isolated communities, lol. They have bred a strain of white mouse that is mated brother to sister every generation but they are that perfect in health that there are no faults to double up on. they almost always have around 14 offspring per litter so no infertility.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, openozy said:

I have heard, I've been breeding animals, dogs, chickens for nearly 50 years. What I understand is the more complex the animal the greater the dangers. I talk to a lot of hunters with dogs and they produce outstanding animals from close breeding, but they cull hard. I haven't the stomach for culling pups as my dogs are like family to me. Most if not all pure bred dogs were inbred to begin with though. With chickens it's common practice to put father over daughter to get your own line and the culls go to the pot, lol. I then outcross the offspring. What about animals like the naked molerat, they are constantly inbreeding and it works for them but they look like some folks in isolated communities, lol. They have bred a strain of white mouse that is mated brother to sister every generation but they are that perfect in health that there are no faults to double up on. they almost always have around 14 offspring per litter so no infertility.

I get that completely. I saw many a dog "retired" by farmers, often simply because they had no need for them at the moment. I couldn't stomach that either. What I did see still sticks with me.

Those mice are specifically inbred to maintain specific traits required for specific testing. It's a means to an end. They can predict the genetic types to perform continuing experimentation. 

With the mole rat, that was an earlier conception based on small population counts. Current studies are revising that widely held opinion.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26407630/

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

On February 1st, 2023, we celebrate the 37th National Girls and Women in Sports day. This day honors the success, triumphs, hardships, and accomplishments of female athletes. As a 12x NCAA All-American and 5x SEC Champion at the University of Kentucky, I will forever be proud of my accomplishments — accomplishments that were only attainable as a result of my life-long dedication to my sport, endless hours of hard work and sacrifice, and the creation of a dedicated women’s category in sport. 

Unfortunately, the women’s sporting category is today being eroded by discriminatory policies that allow males who identify as women to compete on women’s teams and in women’s events. 

Males are hurdling themselves forward in national rankings stealing scholarships, titles, and opportunities from women who have worked their whole lives for those accomplishments. 

In my own personal experience swimming against Lia (formerly Will) Thomas at our NCAA Championships last year, I can wholeheartedly attest to the blatantly obvious unfair advantages and discrimination we faced as female athletes. 

Lia Thomas is a 6’4" biological male who swam for three years on the men’s team at University of Pennsylvania before switching to the women’s team. Thomas was ranked 462nd nationally (at best) as a male before becoming the fastest female in the country and winning a national title just one year later. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/12x-ncaa-all-american-swimmer-female-athletes-compete-basis-sex-not-gender

• Like 1

Wow, the stupid outweighs any argument presented. 

Lia Thomas has been discussed at length. Her winning history isn't impressive.

Eli David is a useless quack who spreads misinformation. Lied about Sweden, lied about Africa, lied about Malone ........

The right can't read it seems 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2022/dec/06/new-zealand-says-self-identity-enough-for-transgender-athletes-in-community-sport

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/majority-of-female-athletes-support-the-inclusion-of-transgender-women-20220419-p5aehx.html

https://www.cultofpedagogy.com/trans-athletes/

Critics accuse trans swimming star Lia Thomas of having an unfair advantage. The data tells a different story

All you angry little bigots have illustrated is that you can't read and keep posting the same thing you clearly don't understand. 

• Like 1